Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - Man City 0 (7' Gini)  (Read 39537 times)

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Re: Liverpool 1 - Man City 0 (7' Gini)
« Reply #320 on: December 31, 2016, 08:11:16 pm »

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #321 on: December 31, 2016, 08:11:19 pm »
Well done guys.  You won the game with a moment of real quality.  We had more than enough possession, but did nothing with it.  I didn't expect anything from this game, but not to even test Mignolet was pretty dismal.  Good luck to you for the rest of the season.  I may pop back before the return game if that's ok :)

Happy New Year, mate  :hally
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #322 on: December 31, 2016, 08:12:04 pm »
Klopp on Chelsea: "Imagine how annoying it is when you go on that run and there's still one team six points behind."
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: December 31, 2016, 08:12:07 pm »
I'd be interested if anyone knows who took the ball in the face when City were appealing for handball.

It was Gini..bounced off his bonce.. like he claims himself he's "a great header of the ball".

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2016, 08:12:10 pm »
Henderson's heel must have been pretty painful as he asked for and got what I took to be a few painkillers when he came off. Let's hope he's fit and well for what promises to be a spectacular 2017.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2016, 08:13:30 pm »
Klopp says a little bit of pain in Hendo's heel. Not the same heel as the one he had problems with last season.

Hopefully he's ok.
YWNA

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2016, 08:14:00 pm »

Definitely stirred. The Bunuel Martini ... rock hard ice, frozen stainless steel shaker, frozen Gin ... one drop of vermouth, one drop of angustura bitters. Stir. Pour. Savour.

Cheers!
Frozen Gin? Don't go easy on it, make it nice and Gini. ;)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2016, 08:14:14 pm »
Bet the pundits and Blue Mooners label our win "unconvincing"

Fuck 'em.  ;D

Happy New Year!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2016, 08:14:48 pm »
Klopp on Chelsea: "Imagine how annoying it is when you go on that run and there's still one team six points behind."

Indeed and something i said before. One set of results that go our way and we are only 3 points behind.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #329 on: December 31, 2016, 08:14:55 pm »
Brilliant defensive performance.

Off now to have a few beers.

HNY all reds!

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #330 on: December 31, 2016, 08:15:00 pm »
Another perfmance type knocked off the list - the 'score early and comfortably defend 80's Arsenal 1-0'. Lovely. Happy New year everyone, the red half of Liverpool will be happily hammered tonight!
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: December 31, 2016, 08:16:41 pm »
So nervous watching that second half, probably the most I have been since the Europa League Final last season.

Such an intense game.  As a result both teams made a lot of errors and the one bit of real quality resulted in us winning the game.

Thought first half we did very well nulifying them.  They struggled to get their match winners on the ball and the few times they did, we dealt with it.

Shame Firmino couldn't control that great pass from Milner or it could have been more than 1-0 going into half.  He also could have played Lallana in first time at one point, then again Lallana possibly could have held his run.  Either way we were the ones with the better chances.

Second half, I thought we weren't as assured on the ball.  Actually we struggled string two passes together at times and our decision making when attacking was poor, which is very unlike us.  City were getting half chances and had loads of possession, but I don't remember them creating anything too clear.

Lovren scares me as he is so rash, which can make him hit or miss.  But he did well overall.  Thought Klavan was boss, but then again he has been since he signed bar that Burnley game where everyone was poor.

Lallana was the one that helped when he dropped into CM we were able to string those passes together as he was able to play on the half turn and show the composure to keep that ball and make the right pass. 

Have to have a mention for Clyne who I thought was very good, he is immense at winning those free balls and the energy he has to go up and down the field all game is tiring just watching.

We held out at the end by defending by keeping the ball, which is something we have done most of the season, starting away at Arsenal, away at Chelsea and did it again today, when it was nervy the team showed confidence to do that.

Nowhere near our best in possession, without some key players, but we still produce the magic from Lallana and Wijnaldum against a side full of some of the best players in the league.  Huge win and bring on Sunderland.

One goal conceded in the last 4 games?  Bloody dodgy defence!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:18:23 pm by Klippity Klopp »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2016, 08:16:51 pm »
Huge. Couldn't be happier.

What about the result?

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2016, 08:17:23 pm »
   :P

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2016, 08:17:34 pm »
We'll have to go on similar run to the one Chelsea made if we want overtake them. We already won 4 on the trot so let's keep going and putting pressure on them.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #335 on: December 31, 2016, 08:18:04 pm »
I thought we were awful in possession but we worked hard and stayed compact and held on for the win. Roll on 2017.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: December 31, 2016, 08:18:42 pm »
We'll have to go on similar run to the one Chelsea made if we want overtake them. We already won 4 on the trot so let's keep going and putting pressure on them.

If we win the next 6 or 7 league games then we will definitely win the league.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #337 on: December 31, 2016, 08:18:48 pm »
Mind games have begun.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2016, 08:18:53 pm »
Brilliant result. It was a scrappy game but I'll take that. Yes City had most of the game but did they have a shot on target (sorry I haven't seen the stats).

I thought at times that we gave the balk away when a good pass would have seen us behind their defence.

In the end City were toothless and we nullified Aguero, De Bruyne and Silva.

I loved the way that Bony constantly won the ball back and how Origi held the ball in the corners near the end.

Great goal by Gini and a fantastic result.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:21:56 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #339 on: December 31, 2016, 08:19:46 pm »
Sunderland match is going to be the hardest of the three due to when it's played and lack of rest
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2016, 08:20:03 pm »

Exactly. I don't expect them to keep this amazing level. We will get our chances if we keep winning 2/3 of the games.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2016, 08:21:21 pm »
Milner said what Klopp said earlier, we didn't play the way we wanted to, due to City's press, but we adapted and won the match which is more impressive.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: December 31, 2016, 08:21:26 pm »

YES!! Into em reds!!!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #343 on: December 31, 2016, 08:21:44 pm »
We just beat Manchester City and in here it sounds like a fucking funeral wake. Sad fucks.

We're Liverpool F C
L I V
E R P
Double O L
LIVERPOOL FC!!!!

Happy new year you red bastards
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2016, 08:21:46 pm »
Well that didn't go as I thought, a different setup but we got the job done, great defensive display, ground out the win
Hope Henderson's injury isn't a big one

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2016, 08:22:30 pm »
Chelsea can't keep this run going,massive massive game at end of Jan against them...

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2016, 08:23:30 pm »
Sunderland match is going to be the hardest of the three due to when it's played and lack of rest

I think it'll be easier simply because Sunderland are a much weaker team. I think we have had a slight advantage in playing two of these three games at home, whilst Sunderland have had to travel today.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2016, 08:23:50 pm »

Yeah but we've got the firepower to blow them away, Sturridge was rested and Origi only came on for 20 or so odd minutes.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2016, 08:24:26 pm »
Chelsea can't keep this run going,massive massive game at end of Jan against them...

Like I said earlier in the match, we'll beat them and that's when we take over at the top.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2016, 08:24:38 pm »

Sunderland played today and have loads of injuries. Its not great but on the plus side at least we are playing a side that also played today.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2016, 08:24:48 pm »
GET THE FUCK IN!!! We dominated the shit out of them. Did they even have a proper shot on target??!?!?! YESSSSSSSSSS
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2016, 08:25:40 pm »

They have a short turn around too and lost two more players to injury today i think.Still though,i wont be expecting us to roll them over easily but confident we can do enough up there.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2016, 08:25:55 pm »
Sunderland played today and have loads of injuries. Its not great but on the plus side at least we are playing a side that also played today.

Good point and they were away
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2016, 08:26:04 pm »
Thought the scoreline was a little harsh given the general performance. There were 3 or 4 moments when the right pass or touch would have had us in on goal. Not taking those chances made it far more tense than it needed to be but it is still good to come out of the game with 3 points and the feeling that on another day it could have been a rout.

For all of the money that has been thrown at the squad City were dreadful. No cutting edge going forward and dodgy at the back. It's us vs Chelsea for the league.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #354 on: December 31, 2016, 08:26:50 pm »
Think of all the dirty, lonely mancs sat at home tonight because no one wanted to spend time with them
and how they had to watch their two most hated rivals serve up a largely turgid affair  ;D

Hey dirty, lonely mancs: when the clock strikes 12 you can kiss my arse  :wave
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #355 on: December 31, 2016, 08:27:22 pm »
agreed..not ideal to be playin 48 hrs after tonight's game,but,there's harder games we could have had to play

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2016, 08:27:40 pm »
Yeah but we've got the firepower to blow them away, Sturridge was rested and Origi only came on for 20 or so odd minutes.

Absolutely. We've always got some options there. Moreno for example could be used as an outlet further forward with his pace and directness against a tired and depleted Sunderland side. Origi will be fresh and Sturridge will be too, and maybe Matip could make it.

Options. Plenty of them.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #357 on: December 31, 2016, 08:28:00 pm »

Nice thing is why will have a completely rested Sturridge. That should be enough to rip them a new one.
Believe

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #358 on: December 31, 2016, 08:28:38 pm »
Absolutely massive win for us. That second half was horrible to watch but ultimately we did what we needed to do and ground out the result.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: December 31, 2016, 08:29:10 pm »