Author Topic: We Need To Talk About Touting  (Read 12449 times)

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: We Need To Talk About Touting
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2016, 01:20:00 pm »
I've seen multiple instances today of people buying tickets then offering them straight out on social media.

Gonna report them all *supergrass*

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 01:28:52 pm »
More problems can arise from bulk purchases and even ST that fixtures and people's work patterns/shifts can change. If a mate is willing to go instead ....

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »
Is there anyway we could have a modern day version of the 'ticket stub'.  With the ticket stub you were almost guaranteed that the person going the match was given the loyalty (therefore stopping the touts from getting the loyalty).

I can't really think of any possible good modern day version of a ticket stub.

I can think of some very shite ones:

For example, you get some kind of receipt with a unique number on it as you enter that acts as some kind of voucher code for loyalty.

Yes, that's shite.  I imagine it'd be expensive and cause quite a few problems.

Someone more intelligent than me might have an idea along these lines though that could be workable.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 01:51:32 pm »
I've seen multiple instances today of people buying tickets then offering them straight out on social media.

Gonna report them all *supergrass*

Do you blame them tho? If they don't buy, they don't get credits so they miss out next season .. the system is the problem!!

Offline TheSpionKopNC

• Main Stander
  • Boom
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2016, 01:59:24 pm »
Do you blame them tho? If they don't buy, they don't get credits so they miss out next season .. the system is the problem!!

The way the system is set up, and with the current supply and demand, just for someone to get a decent ticket for the big matches next season they have to earn the credits.  Little to no chance of a decent ticket in the Additional Members sale.

Honestly not suprised at people touting like they do.  Already tickets up on several sites for matches that were sold today for over 600 each just for a MSL seat. 

If I'm honest, I don't think much will ever be done about it.  Would be nice to see it happen though so more people who actually want to go could buy the tickets at face value.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 02:26:48 pm »

I went to four games last season

So far I've got tickets for Leicester, Hull, United, Watford, WBA, Sunderland, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Boro. Haven't managed to get all the games cos I didn't go to enough last season. Thems the breaks.

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2016, 02:30:34 pm »
I went to four games last season

So far I've got tickets for Leicester, Hull, United, Watford, WBA, Sunderland, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Boro. Haven't managed to get all the games cos I didn't go to enough last season. Thems the breaks.

Fair enough, just out of interest if an away game dropped to all members & you had no chance of making the game, would you buy it knowing you could easily sell it on & gain the credit - to help you get on the away ladder?

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 02:40:24 pm »
Is there anyway we could have a modern day version of the 'ticket stub'.  With the ticket stub you were almost guaranteed that the person going the match was given the loyalty (therefore stopping the touts from getting the loyalty).

You obviously have no recollection of the kids outside the grounds in the 70's & 80"s trying to get hold of as many stubs as they can to sell to the local touts!!!

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2016, 02:44:27 pm »
Fair enough, just out of interest if an away game dropped to all members & you had no chance of making the game, would you buy it knowing you could easily sell it on & gain the credit - to help you get on the away ladder?

Good question, and I admit I'd be slightly tempted. But no, I wouldn't. It's credit hunting, and fucking someone else over who could go to the game and deserve the credit.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2016, 03:36:04 pm »
Quite a generalisation.

You don't sound too keen on people from Liverpool and seem to have a low opinion of them, that's the type of OOT that most locals want out.

Not at all and that's a generalisation from yourself. I actually love people from the area and have connections within Liverpool. I'm an OOT but have supported the club all my life and will attend as many games as I can a year.

I do get sick of all the comments about OOT getting tickets and coming to watch matches and this forum is full of posts about this. I was just pointing out that it appears to be locals selling tickets to these OOT people outside of the ground.

I totally agree with points that if someone has financial worries and they're offered an obscene amount of money for their ticket, then of course it would be hard not to sell it.

I actually think the £9 tickets for locals is a good idea.

At the end of the day you won't stop touts, or individuals selling on their tickets for inflated prices

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2016, 03:43:49 pm »
The club should provide a mechanism to notify when a ticket is being used by someone else. If the ticket is transferred, the original purchaser loses the credit for that ticket.
Finding a cost effective way to do this would really help. I don't think anyone would be against the person who attends getting the credit. If they wanted to keep the credit themselves, they'd have to go the game.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2016, 03:55:23 pm »
Finding a cost effective way to do this would really help. I don't think anyone would be against the person who attends getting the credit. If they wanted to keep the credit themselves, they'd have to go the game.

Or take the hit and not go at all like people do for some of the early home cup games

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2016, 03:55:44 pm »
This discussion only proceeds and works if we are totally honest, so I would say yes (although I'm struggling to find a reason why I couldn't make the game). Based on the likely presumption that people with credits are already credit hunting at times themselves and that there is no guarantee that if I leave the ticket for someone else, they don't also credit hunt it - then my only chance of getting on the ladder and climbing is to play the system the same way as everyone else.

In general I have no issue with credit hunting. Well actually obviously I do, but as the system is set up to promote that as a strategy for people it sort of comes with the territory and I accept it as a reality- from a position of relative weakness (I have only 1 FA Cup away credit and no other away credits). But perhaps that's because I tend to get sorted fairly often, albeit it is a lot more difficult this season, would I be more bothered if I didn't know people, who had spares to sell? We all know that lots of away tickets in the cups, league games and FA cup games are credit hunted and a lot are sold on here - there hasn't been European exchanges for a long while though - I think there might have been some 8+ years ago. Quite a few must know before they purchase that they cannot attend, but buy and sell them on anyway. The sort of unwritten trade off on here is that most people know that they won't get the credit, but they will be able to attend an away game and watch the reds play. I think that's accepted on here, as we could really do away with exchanges for away games to be honest. Though there obviously will be a few legitimate spares for various reasons so the exchange does serve a purpose, demand being higher than supply also makes it easy for non legitimate spares to be moved on.

My problem isn't so much with the people working the system, it is with the system itself. It's a change in the system I want. If there was a way for people who physically attend the games to get the credits, I don't think anyone would seriously have an issue with that, it's just I can't think of a cost effective way to do it.

The club don't want to receive 600 away ticket stubs back with membership numbers to assign the credit to - and even then, you'd imagine the person that sold the ticket initially, wouldn't be willing to provide you with any other spares down the line as you had 'stolen' their credit - they'd move onto selling to people who promise to not claim the credit- so I can't actually think of a way in which we can have the credits go to the right people albeit that would be the most ideal way of solving that particular issue.

People buying and selling tickets at face value to genuine and passionate fans to credit hunt should be looked at but it is probably a lower priority than those who are purchasing them and selling on at ridiculous prices- this is a much bigger issue for me. And even if there is say 100 tickets out of 3000 being touted for an away, that's still 3.3% which is a fairly large percentage considering it's a conservative estimate.

Edit: For what it's worth, the most recent away game that dropped to all members was West Ham away, I bought a ticket and I went.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:04:18 pm by Hij »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2016, 04:00:59 pm »
My take on this is pretty simple. SOS won't support it, and neither will many on here for the same reason. It puts and end to buying for loyalty.

Photocard fancards. Enforced checks. The only way to return your ticket is via the club.

This means an end to buying for loyalty and an end to touting. The person who goes in the stadium is the person who's photo is on the card. It's really quite simple. But people don't want it because it makes it hard to "buy for friends and family" (buy for loyalty).

Sorry, but you can't have your cake an eat it. The above is the only fair way for loyalty reward and it's the only way to stop touting.

Spot on, Rhi.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2016, 04:42:51 pm »
Quite a generalisation.  A few points:

Not all scousers are arsed whether OOT's go or not.
Not all locals are selling them on, but if it makes you happy I'll let you know that the £9 sales are going to stop soon.
If somebody is selling tickets outside the ground, then he's obviously not going in the ground himself so why would he care who else is going in?
He could be a blue or somebody whose not arsed about football at all.
The people at the high business end of the market are a far bigger problem than the people at the scally end of the market.
Anfield is one of the most deprived areas of Liverpool, it's difficult to not be tempted as Tiger Tony alluded to.
You don't sound too keen on people from Liverpool and seem to have a low opinion of them, that's the type of OOT that most locals want out.

Why is someone 'obviously not going in the ground" if they are selling tickets outside?

They can just go in after they have sold their "spares".
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2016, 05:13:00 pm »
Further to Hij saying that he'd get an away ticket even if he knew he couldn't go, now I think about it I think that something which spurs me on to buy tickets is that I know "if" I can't go, I can get rid of it easy because of the rawk exchange. WBA for example, I didn't go because I found out after the purchase that I couldn't , but I didn't return my ticket, I knew I could shift it on the exchange, and I did. Is that me abusing the system and credit hunting? I'm starting to think so.

The same when one of our international friends makes a thread asking how to get tickets, we always say "check the exchange there'll be one". And I bet if I were to trawl through the trusted thread, or old exchange threads, the same name would crop up again and again.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2016, 05:26:41 pm »
Further to Hij saying that he'd get an away ticket even if he knew he couldn't go, now I think about it I think that something which spurs me on to buy tickets is that I know "if" I can't go, I can get rid of it easy because of the rawk exchange. WBA for example, I didn't go because I found out after the purchase that I couldn't , but I didn't return my ticket, I knew I could shift it on the exchange, and I did. Is that me abusing the system and credit hunting? I'm starting to think so.

It is a bit and I've done it taken a friend on my mother card when she could not go so we would both have sufficient credits for the 13+ sale. It impossible to say what is fair regarding loyalty, ST holder get a cheaper price / guaranteed tickets for all games and can sell games they don't want back through the club.
Not everyone can make every game and with the cost of dropping out the 13+ sale very high and the price of getting tickets outside the kop very expensive.

I think the main focus must be to stop professional touting and tickets being passed on above face value.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »
This discussion only proceeds and works if we are totally honest, so I would say yes (although I'm struggling to find a reason why I couldn't make the game). Based on the likely presumption that people with credits are already credit hunting at times themselves and that there is no guarantee that if I leave the ticket for someone else, they don't also credit hunt it - then my only chance of getting on the ladder and climbing is to play the system the same way as everyone else.

In general I have no issue with credit hunting. Well actually obviously I do, but as the system is set up to promote that as a strategy for people it sort of comes with the territory and I accept it as a reality- from a position of relative weakness (I have only 1 FA Cup away credit and no other away credits). But perhaps that's because I tend to get sorted fairly often, albeit it is a lot more difficult this season, would I be more bothered if I didn't know people, who had spares to sell?

But it would be better all around if you got the credit for when you have been sorted. Thus the people who actually get off their arses and go to the games get first call on the tickets. That is the original intention of the credit system. The only loser would be people who buy tickets and don't go. But fuck them. It should be an easy sell, but the club is walking a political minefield here...

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2016, 05:29:52 pm »

The same when one of our international friends makes a thread asking how to get tickets, we always say "check the exchange there'll be one". And I bet if I were to trawl through the trusted thread, or old exchange threads, the same name would crop up again and again.
I credit hunt. So do loads of others. I don't always know if I can make a game until a week or 2 before, by which point it is too late to return ticket to club anyway.

I have been going home and away for 14 years and will not give up my loyalty level and get relegated to a free for all sale with people who only decide to go when we are playing well.

I will also not relinquish my position of being guaranteed any final tickets for League cup and European competition (full away credits in both so always guaranteed magic sum of all homes +1) and almost certain FA cup final ticket (1 away with allocation of 2000 or more and I qualify. If we get all home draws like 2012 then I could be stuck, but only 1 in 16 chance of that). Shit yes, but have to do what you have to do. I have been to every Euro away last 2 seasons except Kazan and Sion to be fair (was away on holiday for Sion but bought anyway and passed on as not relinquishing qualifying for a tiny allocation when loads credit hunted Ludogorets, Beşiktaş and Bordeaux but never went and I actually did).

Also got plenty of people asking for spares not on rawk. So no problem for anyone to get rid. And while I agree with rawk policy of only opening exchange a week before and when sold out, right now with demand so high and it being so easy to shift spares I think it should be opened earlier. Under the current system people have little choice but to credit hunt and it is better for people to trade on a face value exchange on here and other places than be tempted to sell for profit as exchange opens too late on here?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »
Transferring a ticket could be as easy as it is to allocate it to a linked card when you first buy it. Have a part in your members area that shows all your upcoming tickets and a drop'down menu to move them to a different card.

But its not going to happen, too many STHs share tickets or have passed them on to the next generation.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2016, 07:32:13 pm »
Similar to what other people have said but in order to get a ticket you have to be one the following

have access to a ST
have patience and commitment buying tickets
buy off a tout

So many people will fall into the 3rd category just because they have the means to do it.

Disappointed if groups like SOS (if posts above are to be believed) don't want to tackle it head on as it is imo bigger than the ticket price issue
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2016, 07:44:06 pm »
I credit hunt. So do loads of others. I don't always know if I can make a game until a week or 2 before, by which point it is too late to return ticket to club anyway.

I have been going home and away for 14 years and will not give up my loyalty level and get relegated to a free for all sale with people who only decide to go when we are playing well.

I will also not relinquish my position of being guaranteed any final tickets for League cup and European competition (full away credits in both so always guaranteed magic sum of all homes +1) and almost certain FA cup final ticket (1 away with allocation of 2000 or more and I qualify. If we get all home draws like 2012 then I could be stuck, but only 1 in 16 chance of that). Shit yes, but have to do what you have to do. I have been to every Euro away last 2 seasons except Kazan and Sion to be fair (was away on holiday for Sion but bought anyway and passed on as not relinquishing qualifying for a tiny allocation when loads credit hunted Ludogorets, Beşiktaş and Bordeaux but never went and I actually did).

Also got plenty of people asking for spares not on rawk. So no problem for anyone to get rid. And while I agree with rawk policy of only opening exchange a week before and when sold out, right now with demand so high and it being so easy to shift spares I think it should be opened earlier. Under the current system people have little choice but to credit hunt and it is better for people to trade on a face value exchange on here and other places than be tempted to sell for profit as exchange opens too late on here?

Hats off to you for your honesty Tony, do you have a ST for the home leagues as I see you missed them out?

You say you do it 'cos loads of others do it, and you're just protecting your own position. Would you be in support of measures that stopped the others doing it too?

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2016, 07:47:45 pm »
My take on this is pretty simple. SOS won't support it, and neither will many on here for the same reason. It puts and end to buying for loyalty.

Photocard fancards. Enforced checks. The only way to return your ticket is via the club.

This means an end to buying for loyalty and an end to touting. The person who goes in the stadium is the person who's photo is on the card. It's really quite simple. But people don't want it because it makes it hard to "buy for friends and family" (buy for loyalty).

Sorry, but you can't have your cake an eat it. The above is the only fair way for loyalty reward and it's the only way to stop touting.

100% this. If everyone who goes to the game gets the credit, the pre requisite would be less than 10, not 13. It's the only fair way.

It would only take a couple of seconds for stewards to look at someones photo on the fan card.

If you can't go at the last minute, you return the ticket to the club either online or at the TO and get a full refund. The club then immediately put these seats back on sale, at the TO or online. Fair.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2016, 08:01:34 pm »
And I bet if I were to trawl through the trusted thread, or old exchange threads, the same name would crop up again and again.

OK so my adding up is probably wrong, but I think there's more than 10 users who have been thanked for more than one game this season, some for multiple tickets each across multiple games.

Now I'm not saying anyone is touting, and I'm sure some of these are regular. But this is just the people being publicly vouched for, imagine how deep it goes.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2016, 08:14:18 pm »
I think the main focus must be to stop professional touting and tickets being passed on above face value.

Yes I agree, and hopefully we can rally together and come up with some ideas/create a dialogue with other groups. But for starters, I do think credit hunting is in the same ball park and worthy of the initial discussion.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2016, 08:23:01 pm »
Its the people that are doing this as a business for profit or to the STH's that we all know are out there who have a ST but have no intention of actually going who the club need to clamp down on. They are hogging a seat that a person on the ST waiting list could have, which in turn would create one extra ticket for someone in the members sale, who then in turn wouldn't need to buy a ticket from a tout.

How many ST's are used every game by the person they are registered to? Half? A third? How many are shared by 2/3/4/5 people over the course of a season? How many are registered to people who are no longer alive and have been passed down the family for generations? How many of them have fallen into the wrong hands and are then touted? We have over 30,000 STH's and I would love to know how many people who own them actually go to 19 games a season. I personally think the number will be shocking.

STH's get a lot of benefits that members don't get so I personally believe that if you're a STH then you should only be able to use that ticket yourself. It should be the name of the person on the ticket. If you cant go, that's fine, pass it back to the club for a refund and they can sell it on for that game. However if you miss more than 5 games in a season you lose the ST. There's no excuse to miss 25% of home games if your a STH. There's 20 odd thousand people waiting in the wings seemingly wanting to go every week so why should it be allowed that a ST can be passed from person to person? They get the discounts of tickets by paying upfront (not hard to put it on a 0% c/c for 12 months), they get priority to cup ticket sales etc so if you have a ST, you should be going the game yourself and go all the time.

There will be thousands of genuine STH's who go the game and have been going for year after year so please don't be offended if this is you because its not aimed that way. Its aimed at the categories of people I have listed above.

Exactly. Screw this lot who have a ST but don't intend to attend most games.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2016, 11:06:02 pm »
Is it a problem?
Touting is a problem, you'd have thought that membership cards would have made it more difficult for touts but with the bulk sales it's probably easier.
What do the club do about it?
Whenever the club find out about touting it shows them what people are willing to pay to go the match and I'm sure they package their prices accordingly.
What do the supporters groups and Unions (both LFC and general) think about it/do about it?
That's one for SOS & the supporters committee.
What can we the fanbase do about it?
The main thing is not buy tickets from them, without a market touts wouldn't exist.

Offline mrmclark

• Exchange Ban
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2016, 11:30:00 pm »

The point i raised wasnt about lads around the ground making a quick buck. Or the fans swapping cards , sts etc.

Sites like livefootballtickets flogging tickets today for matches which only went on sale today pisses me off. Please dont comment they dont have them .

These are the twats who are making real fans queue and wait for hours because they employ bots and scoop them up , causing the normal fan buying tickets for there son to wait hours (trfc fan by the eay)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2016, 01:10:10 am »
Just in from work, an excellent thread, will compose my views in due course.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2016, 10:01:38 am »
People need to also realise  that for the club it is very important for the Home tickets to sell out quickly and for Joe Public to be able to get a ticket very hard.

This in turn enables the club to sell out of their many Hospitality tickets quickly, to people who are happy to pay a little extra.

If they did something about how tickets are sold to the many people with multiple member cards they will only bite themselves in the foot as they will not get as much of a pick up for their own hospitality tickets.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2016, 10:12:11 am »
People need to also realise  that for the club it is very important for the Home tickets to sell out quickly and for Joe Public to be able to get a ticket very hard.

This in turn enables the club to sell out of their many Hospitality tickets quickly, to people who are happy to pay a little extra.

If they did something about how tickets are sold to the many people with multiple member cards they will only bite themselves in the foot as they will not get as much of a pick up for their own hospitality tickets.

Yes, but if a tout receives 200 for a regular home ticket, the club could throw in a scarf, programme, pie and signed photo and charge a hundred for the same seat. (or release it to us genuine fans!)

Offline rafas red brigade

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2016, 11:19:38 am »
This may not be the right place, but since I moved back to the UK and started going to Anfield semi-regularly, I've noticed a weird coincidence about the seat next to me every time I go.

Last year I went to all 7 EL home games and every game there was a seat on my left that was empty. Took a look around my section (Kop 106) and literally every other seat seemed taken.

This season I've been to Leicester (MS U2), Spurs in the League Cup (Kop 104) and Watford (Upper Annie Road 224) and EVERY time, there's a seat open next to me. Again, I look around and see literally every other seat in that section taken, but there's always been a seat open next to me. I only have the one membership card and I'm not linking a second and buying 2 tickets. Do you think I just happen to sit next to seats that couldn't be touted each time? Just seems weird it's been the case all 10 times I've been to Anfield in the last year. Always feel bad for those that couldn't get a ticket as they could've had each of those seats.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2016, 11:29:44 am »
There could be a reason for that mate!

Seriously though, if your Kop seat was Auto Cup, then maybe the person in the next one just went to stand with mates elsewhere, rather than be on their own. It does happen a fair bit, and to be honest, it is difficult anyway to seat empty seats more than two or three away from you, so there's probably more spaces than you think. And people will spread out a little, making the empty spots even less noticeable.  Especially as everyone was stood up for most of the European games.

Offline rafas red brigade

• Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2016, 11:42:03 am »
There could be a reason for that mate!

Seriously though, if your Kop seat was Auto Cup, then maybe the person in the next one just went to stand with mates elsewhere, rather than be on their own. It does happen a fair bit, and to be honest, it is difficult anyway to seat empty seats more than two or three away from you, so there's probably more spaces than you think. And people will spread out a little, making the empty spots even less noticeable.  Especially as everyone was stood up for most of the European games.

That's true, I think it's definitely more conceivable for the EL as you rightly say, I was ACS for EL last year and yup, we all stood.

It's the ones this season that made me really notice though. Felt like a strange pattern. Anyway, going to Sunderland, Leeds, Stoke and West Ham in the next few weeks, all in different parts of the stadium, will be interesting to see what other parts of the ground are like.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2016, 11:50:00 am »
Yes, but if a tout receives 200 for a regular home ticket, the club could throw in a scarf, programme, pie and signed photo and charge a hundred for the same seat. (or release it to us genuine fans!)

Someone buying from a tout obviously couldn't be bothered to go through the proper process to get one, so surely they'd consider hospitality for it?

Again, away matches you don't have the option of purchasing a hospitality ticket in a different area, if you want one in our end you buy one from the club, get a spare at face value, or pay well over the odds to someone who bought their away ticket with no intention of going.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2016, 12:34:41 pm »
This may not be the right place, but since I moved back to the UK and started going to Anfield semi-regularly, I've noticed a weird coincidence about the seat next to me every time I go.

Last year I went to all 7 EL home games and every game there was a seat on my left that was empty. Took a look around my section (Kop 106) and literally every other seat seemed taken.

This season I've been to Leicester (MS U2), Spurs in the League Cup (Kop 104) and Watford (Upper Annie Road 224) and EVERY time, there's a seat open next to me. Again, I look around and see literally every other seat in that section taken, but there's always been a seat open next to me. I only have the one membership card and I'm not linking a second and buying 2 tickets. Do you think I just happen to sit next to seats that couldn't be touted each time? Just seems weird it's been the case all 10 times I've been to Anfield in the last year. Always feel bad for those that couldn't get a ticket as they could've had each of those seats.

Maybe, but last year I had autocup on the kop but I never sat in my seat once, I went and stood with my mates in 306 every game
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »
I credit hunted West Ham away in the FA cup last season as it dropped to all members, I couldn't go as I was on a sunny holiday in the BVI. Turns out my ticket never turned up anyway, but still. It was possibly the only chance to get on the away ladder so I did it.

"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2016, 12:51:18 pm »
I credit hunted West Ham away in the FA cup last season as it dropped to all members, I couldn't go as I was on a sunny holiday in the BVI. Turns out my ticket never turned up anyway, but still. It was possibly the only chance to get on the away ladder so I did it.

I did the same.

I also credit hunted Beşiktaş away 2 years ago, that meant last season I could buy tickets to Bordeaux away, United away and the EL final all of which I actually attended. So not gonna be a mug and sit at the side whilst everybody else does it
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2016, 01:00:43 pm »
I did the same.

I also credit hunted Beşiktaş away 2 years ago, that meant last season I could buy tickets to Bordeaux away, United away and the EL final all of which I actually attended. So not gonna be a mug and sit at the side whilst everybody else does it

I noticed Beşiktaş went to all members but I wasn't really on the ball with all this credit hunting stuff until I came on this forum around a year ago and see people do it. As long as you had Beşiktaş and Bordeaux, you were laughing for United and Dortmund as they both went hand in hand to be guarenteed and that's why I don't have an issue with someone else doing it when you have potential ties with those teams away.
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp