Author Topic: Be Honest, would you sit here?  (Read 90062 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Be Honest, would you sit here?
« Reply #560 on: February 23, 2021, 11:54:35 am »
Watched a couple of these clips and said I would love to hike to the top but know there is no way I could scramble across the edge

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/486SbWdZvd0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/486SbWdZvd0</a>
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2021, 07:22:20 pm »
Watched a couple of these clips and said I would love to hike to the top but know there is no way I could scramble across the edge

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/486SbWdZvd0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/486SbWdZvd0</a>

Just looked at that at first and thought it looked like striding edge at helvellyn

then i looked at the sheer drops down to the water and it looks terrifying

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: March 3, 2021, 10:35:09 pm »
If climbing an abandoned 150m high 1km wide Russian Nuclear missile detecting radar network wasn't bad enough, this is in Chernobyl.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #563 on: March 3, 2021, 11:31:45 pm »
^
I just saw that structure on Ben Fogle's programme about Chernobyl.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: March 4, 2021, 09:31:32 am »
^

That's where I saw it too and why I went looking for the pic :D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #565 on: March 4, 2021, 10:30:10 am »
^
Did he mention Chernobyl fallout at all?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: March 4, 2021, 06:17:17 pm »

Only when he was talking about my hairline.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Knickers

• Dreams about being fisted by Thiago, followed by a good bone rattling.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #567 on: March 5, 2021, 03:25:23 am »
some ridiculous ones here. some guys are jumping into spaces with not much room and lots of things to hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icc25pLzuIM

What is wrong with people?

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #568 on: March 6, 2021, 10:36:23 am »
Makes my penis shrivel and tingle in a non pleasant way looking at these pics 😱

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: March 6, 2021, 05:08:09 pm »

Nah, he had to wear tight grundies
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: March 6, 2021, 05:20:09 pm »
Makes my penis shrivel and tingle in a non pleasant way looking at these pics 😱

I know what you mean. My body does strange things when watching that stuff.  :o

It's usually lads who do these crazy climbs, but I just saw this one and a young woman is up there too. Showing a hell of a lot of trust in the lad her life is depending on too.  :o

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ij8LNwVlfQs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ij8LNwVlfQs</a>

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #572 on: March 6, 2021, 05:57:58 pm »
When my son went to Vegas a few years ago he had his pic taken stood on the edge of a cliff at the Grand Canyon that had a massive crack in the rock and my stomach did somersaults but it's piffling in comparison to these.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #573 on: March 11, 2021, 02:04:03 pm »

It's usually lads who do these crazy climbs, but I just saw this one and a young woman is up there too. Showing a hell of a lot of trust in the lad her life is depending on too.  :o

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ij8LNwVlfQs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ij8LNwVlfQs</a>

holy shit, that girl at the end. all I can think when I see these people is how easy and simple a little mistake would have them falling to their death

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #574 on: March 11, 2021, 02:34:34 pm »
I got about 4 minutes into that and my stomach was churning too much! Anyone dangling from buildings...and one handed. Absolutely nuts.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: March 11, 2021, 07:47:16 pm »
I got about 4 minutes into that and my stomach was churning too much! Anyone dangling from buildings...and one handed. Absolutely nuts.
I managed about 14 seconds Nick, its just not for me. Can I fuck watch that.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #576 on: March 11, 2021, 07:50:18 pm »

Nope...  :nirnir
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #577 on: March 11, 2021, 07:51:16 pm »
30 seconds .... felt uneasy...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: March 11, 2021, 08:04:23 pm »
holy shit, that girl at the end. all I can think when I see these people is how easy and simple a little mistake would have them falling to their death

There was a Chinese fella called Wu Yongning, known for his Skyscraper stunts. There is a video on youtube and other places of him hanging off a 62 storey building, then you see that he can't get back up, he's struggling and then suddenly loses his grip and falls.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: March 11, 2021, 08:56:59 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: March 11, 2021, 09:03:20 pm »
Don't see the problem here.

You wouldn't fall off a park bench, no difference.

I was thinking similar before when they were walking along the ledges and beams on the skyscrapers. You don't just fall over walking so if you can think its just the floor, then why be scared.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: March 12, 2021, 07:37:44 am »
You’re right, but it’s about the extra risk.

Heard about some army training exercise. They had them running over 8 inch or so wide wooden beams arranged in a circuit on the ground.
Round and round they went, hardly breaking stride and almost running across the beams to the point when they started questioning what the point was.
After a break they were taken to a different circuit that involved the same sized beams, but 25ft above the ground.
Completely different reaction, slow, deliberate, cautious.

Stomach turns in knots seeing some of this stuff.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #582 on: March 12, 2021, 07:41:30 am »
Don't see the problem here.

You wouldn't fall off a park bench, no difference.

Some people react differently when confronted with a height.. :D

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #583 on: March 12, 2021, 08:51:54 am »
I've walked across it twice and it's not great doing that as the wind always hits you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-42746364
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #584 on: March 12, 2021, 09:00:41 am »
I've walked across it twice and it's not great doing that as the wind always hits you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-42746364

Assume you mean on the footpath rather than up the cables? :D

On all these videos you see, I think Go Pro footage always makes everything look worse as well, everything looks so jerky.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: March 12, 2021, 09:48:44 am »

Heard about some army training exercise. They had them running over 8 inch or so wide wooden beams arranged in a circuit on the ground.
Round and round they went, hardly breaking stride and almost running across the beams to the point when they started questioning what the point was.
After a break they were taken to a different circuit that involved the same sized beams, but 25ft above the ground.

I didn't mean it was easy, I'd have the same reaction I would have, but I reckon these people are able to just see what they do as no different to doing it on the ground. I've been sky diving and I ride fast bikes and I cannot see why others think its dangerous, I would try some of what these do, but there are other things like jumping across gaps I'd never consider, whereas for these nutters they are wired differently.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: March 12, 2021, 10:55:56 am »
There was a Chinese fella called Wu Yongning, known for his Skyscraper stunts. There is a video on youtube and other places of him hanging off a 62 storey building, then you see that he can't get back up, he's struggling and then suddenly loses his grip and falls.

Remember watching this years ago (I guess it's the same fella) and it's burned into my memory.

He has his camera set up some meters away and starts climbing off the building. Then he attempts some pull-ups. You can see the exact moment he realizes he cannot get back up. Anyone who's been climbing knows that when the pain and stiffness sets in in the forearms, holding on is only delaying the inevitable. In the end, he seemingly just goes for it and kicks off from the building and plummets to his death.

I wonder what is going through his head when he realize his fuck up. Gives me the chills.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #587 on: March 12, 2021, 10:58:28 am »
Assume you mean on the footpath rather than up the cables? :D

On all these videos you see, I think Go Pro footage always makes everything look worse as well, everything looks so jerky.

Definitely walking across and not the cables  ;D  That was bad enough with the wind

When you drive across as well it can be bad enough . It seems to be shut to high sided vehicles constantly as well but not sure if this is the norm with bridges
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2021, 11:05:45 am »
Definitely walking across and not the cables  ;D  That was bad enough with the wind

When you drive across as well it can be bad enough . It seems to be shut to high sided vehicles constantly as well but not sure if this is the norm with bridges

Yeah, all the big bridges get closed to High sided vehicles when the wind is up, you're basically dragging a 50ft long sail when driving an artic. The Thelwall viaduct and Barton bridge rarely get closed, but I think that is just down to how short a time you are exposed. Shap on the M6 is bad for wind, there are windsocks as it howls up the valley.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2021, 11:28:19 am »
I managed about 14 seconds Nick, its just not for me. Can I fuck watch that.
That’s about all I managed.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2021, 12:27:44 pm »

Well this is it. If you fall off a park bench you fall two feet and then laugh at yourself. If you fall off a cliff or a building, you die.

I can look off the top of any building without a problem so long as I know I can't actually fall, but my balance goes and I freeze if I know there is a possibility of falling. Due to this, I'm terrible on ladders.

Risk does funny things to the brain. What comes naturally on safe ground can go to pieces when risk of injury or death are introduced. Some people get off on the feelings that stirs within them. The rest of us say "fuck that" and want to throw up at the very thought of it.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #591 on: March 12, 2021, 12:33:42 pm »
That’s true for me too. I’ve been up the World Trade Center and Empire State Building and was fine. I went up the Sagrada Familia in Barca and you can walk across some of those towers. At that point the wall you lean over is between waist and chest high and it turned my legs to jelly! Same if get too close to a cliff edge.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: March 12, 2021, 08:10:37 pm »
Been watching me Fred Dibnah the last couple days

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F04dGK1_wYA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F04dGK1_wYA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E-a27xwcLfU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E-a27xwcLfU</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6W_7uIapoHc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6W_7uIapoHc</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RJ_XIE0h9t8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RJ_XIE0h9t8</a>

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #593 on: March 12, 2021, 08:33:02 pm »
That’s true for me too. I’ve been up the World Trade Center and Empire State Building and was fine. I went up the Sagrada Familia in Barca and you can walk across some of those towers. At that point the wall you lean over is between waist and chest high and it turned my legs to jelly! Same if get too close to a cliff edge.

Plus i have the issue of feeling like i want to jump.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #594 on: March 12, 2021, 08:41:54 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F04dGK1_wYA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F04dGK1_wYA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E-a27xwcLfU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E-a27xwcLfU</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6W_7uIapoHc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6W_7uIapoHc</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RJ_XIE0h9t8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RJ_XIE0h9t8</a>

Ridiculous! The here’s another similar one of an old Blue Peter presenter climbing up Nelson’s Column. At the top there’s just a couple of ladders tied together. It was probably posted on this very thread to be honest!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: March 12, 2021, 08:52:21 pm »

I went to Bournemouth about 25 years ago with my then G/F to visit our kid and took her to visit Hengistbury Head. We were on the top, its hundred feet high or more and I wandered to the cliff edge to look over, it was great as it had eroded underneath so I was stood on a ledge. She was screaming at me to get back then pointed out the warning signs about not going the edge. A few months later that part of the cliff collapsed.

Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #596 on: March 12, 2021, 09:20:42 pm »
Was that in your heavier days?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: March 12, 2021, 09:31:05 pm »
Was that in your heavier days?

My nickname was earthquake
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2021, 10:12:28 pm »
My nickname was earthquake
Great name for a WWE wrestler... "OOHH YERRR!!!"  ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: March 12, 2021, 10:51:26 pm »
Fuck that. The Radio City tower was way too much for me.
Although me and my work colleagues got pulled in to the live studio for 2 mins while the dj asked why we where there :) I liked the darkness of that studio after looking out of those fucking glass walls.