Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Mandalorian / The Clone Wars  (Read 230262 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One / Rebels / The Last Jedi / Han Solo
« Reply #400 on: April 26, 2017, 11:52:13 am »
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/star-wars-group/star-wars-episode-ix-arrives-may-2019/

Episode 9 released on May 24th 2019

Surprised to see them moving back to a summer release after Episode 7, 8, and Rogue One. (And the Han Solo one I think)

Early Summer release is the traditional slot when you're trying to break the all time Box Office record I guess, and Star Wars movies.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2017, 02:08:27 pm »
Avengers 4 is out three weeks before that. One of them has to move.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: April 26, 2017, 03:21:40 pm »
Avengers 4 is out three weeks before that. One of them has to move.

Shit, why didn't I buy Disney shares. (Don't think Star Wars moves for anyone, Avengers could go earlier in the year, April say)

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #403 on: April 26, 2017, 11:06:42 pm »
They need to move beyond the known characters with these SW Story films. They did largely with Rogue One, and that worked.

I thought the characters in Rogue One were really flat. I'm all for new characters but then they need a writer who can do characters with depth and nuance. In Rogue One there was not much of that at all.

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: April 26, 2017, 11:32:21 pm »
I thought the characters in Rogue One were really flat. I'm all for new characters but then they need a writer who can do characters with depth and nuance. In Rogue One there was not much of that at all.

Problem is they're really just toy characters. As long as kids want action figures and costumes there's no real desire from Disney to do any more than the minimum.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2017, 09:11:31 am »
Problem is they're really just toy characters. As long as kids want action figures and costumes there's no real desire from Disney to do any more than the minimum.
Which is a damn shame if it's the way it's gona be, because adding further depth to firmly-established characters is something everyone with a love for the source material - be it from a creative standpoint or just as a consumer of the stuff - can get behind.

Obviously there's a delicate balance to be found; a great deal of the Star Wars audience would be pretty nonplussed if, say, Terrence Malick went Full Terrence Malick on these characters' stories, explicitly exploring their inner monologues and itching philosophical quandaries (I would dig it myself, but then I'm a bit weird when it comes to novel leftfield approaches to pop culture monoliths - I'd love to see auteur directors and highly idiosyncratic & cerebral writers and performers be given complete artistic freedom with comicbook heroes & villains & plotlines, and suchlike). But a property with such a broad viewership (the hardcore fanclub literally consists of anything from 5 year olds to 50 year olds!) should really be looking to engage both kids and adults pretty much at the same time - for the adults in ways other than just appealing to their inner kid. It should tell intimate tales in ways which reflect the inner worlds and life experiences of individuals both young and old who are watching, and it doesn't all have to be done with such broad brushstrokes, intellectual primary colours so to speak.

Loads of great modern works accomplish that feat, of entertaining the young'ns with riproaring fun and colour and adventure while also saying things which go completely over their heads but hit home hard with the old'ns, be it for worldly/near-the-knuckle comic effect, or emotional/philosophical/politically-relevant resonance. The Simpsons mastered the art for a fair few seasons in its prime, and that was nigh on 20 years ago now. Many tele series, both animated and otherwise, have followed suit and built upon that all-encompassing attention to fine detail and overall quality, thus graciously bestowing upon them a rewatch factor that keeps on giving pretty much over an entire lifespan, not just by tickling the old nostalgia glands. Just imagine how well Anakin Skywalker's tale could've been told with that degree of finesse!! I suppose Lucas sort of went for something like that, with the incessant trade agreement minutiae waffling and the like, but it was done in such an unwieldy and amateur way that it detracted from the work rather than augmented it. You know someone with real talent could've injected all that political intrigue, all the burgeoning romances both sexual and platonic, the brutal violence and betrayal and corruption and tragedy, and done it tastefully and efficiently, succinctly where required, with a real appreciation of the greater dramatic weight of certain elements and of the importance of smart feature film pacing.

Every new film is an opportunity to do it better, and for me that means going beyond a return to the style, structure, mirrored major plot points, etc. of the original trilogy. It means making good on the promise of ambitious epic storytelling that the prequels provided too, which failed in their shoddy execution rather than their initial conception. The appearance of matured characters should translate to a subtle undercurrent of mature themes, or else you're totally wasting an absolutely priceless aspect of such a long-running popular saga; that we have "grown up" with these characters, and they are older now too, just as we are. The immediate visual contrast and interpersonal dynamic with the new, youthful characters should be some real deep shit, what with us now having families of our own, mentees of our own, crushed dreams and painful losses and recalibrated perspectives on life of our own, and so on.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2017, 12:27:07 pm »
Apart from the problems with character writing for a broad audience age gap, you have also the nigh inevitable issues with anachronisms and plot holes when writing over such a big time span. Luke, Leia, and Han in the love triangle trope in Episode IV that was rendered obsolete when Luke and Leia ended up being siblings. Another one would be that Leia mentions in Episode VI that she remembers her mother, which of course is impossible seeing Episode III. Another one would be Darth Vader's confidence and abilities in Rogue One compared to his relatively meager character in Episode IV. I've been trying to get into the whole canon again but it's difficult because it requires a fair amount of technical suspension of disbelief.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2017, 12:35:40 pm »
Apart from the problems with character writing for a broad audience age gap, you have also the nigh inevitable issues with anachronisms and plot holes when writing over such a big time span. Luke, Leia, and Han in the love triangle trope in Episode IV that was rendered obsolete when Luke and Leia ended up being siblings. Another one would be that Leia mentions in Episode VI that she remembers her mother, which of course is impossible seeing Episode III. Another one would be Darth Vader's confidence and abilities in Rogue One compared to his relatively meager character in Episode IV. I've been trying to get into the whole canon again but it's difficult because it requires a fair amount of technical suspension of disbelief.

Makes it easier if you just ignore the prequels altogether  :)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2017, 12:41:24 pm »

My favourite one is how much Obi Wan aged in about 15-20 years. Poor bastard
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #409 on: April 27, 2017, 12:50:43 pm »
It's a fantasy tale set in space. Stop taking it seriously.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #410 on: April 27, 2017, 12:54:06 pm »
So is Alien.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2017, 01:05:18 pm »

:thumbup

And aimed at kids (I should know, I was 10 when the original Star Wars came out and it was a U at the pictures aimed squarely at us kids)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #412 on: April 27, 2017, 01:11:54 pm »
Most of the people excited about it and who go to see it aren't kids, though.

And why does stuff for kids need to be just for kids? Seems like an easy excuse for poor/shallow writing, when the majority of 'kids' couldn't give a fuck what any of them say between cool light sabre duels. Why have human characters at the centre of the stories in the first place?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: April 27, 2017, 01:55:19 pm »
:thumbup

And aimed at kids (I should know, I was 10 when the original Star Wars came out and it was a U at the pictures aimed squarely at us kids)

10 year olds couldn't wait to discuss the taxation of trade routes with their friends on the playground. Or anakin screaming as he was burned alive by lava
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2017, 03:35:43 pm »
So is Alien.

No that's a slasher horror set in space.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2017, 04:04:52 pm »
No that's a slasher horror set in space.
With a fantasy creature at its heart, with a life cycle borne of a fevered (/warped) imagination, rather than just a killer.

Most science fiction is fantasy, unless it's very very grounded in reality. I understand you were using Fantasy more in the classic magic/knights/dragons sense, strictly genre-wise, but the biomechanical world of the Xenomorph is a fantasy too, one into which we can transplant three-dimensional human characters, and take it all quite seriously. No reason you can't deepen the lore and characterisations of Star Wars to create a universe that fascinates adults and children alike.

Game of Thrones is a fantasy in that strict genre sense, why do they bother going so deep and complex with it? Just throw some swords and dragons in there, lots of action, bob's your uncle.

Star Wars has been going for stuff waaay above kids heads since early on anyway, what with the reasons the Rebel Alliance were fighting the Empire in the first place. There are plenty of hints in there of ambitions that go far beyond mere kids' fantasy flix.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 27, 2017, 04:49:00 pm »
10 year olds couldn't wait to discuss the taxation of trade routes with their friends on the playground. Or anakin screaming as he was burned alive by lava

I'm talking original Star Wars, 1977 era. There was no trade routes, just stolen plans, heroes and villains, stormtroopers, cool ships, funny robots and an ace baddy and a big fuck off battle, stuff kids loved and all we went on about in school.

Star Wars was called Star Wars, not Episode IV a new hope
We all went "what the fuck" when we went the pictures (Odeon on London Road) for Empire and it was called Episode V?????
Lucas then started claiming he had 9 films but the 4th installment was the one that could be made as a stand alone.
Harris's at the top of London Road was full of the figures and toys, I got a landspeeder, Luke, Vader and stormtrooper for Christmas and me and our kids got lightsabers (basically a torch with a blue or red filter and an opaque tube that was lit up) and beat the shit out of each other.
Jurgen YNWA

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #417 on: April 27, 2017, 06:22:17 pm »
I had one of those lightsabers, weirdly they was white in the early 80's when I had mine. So I got the bulb painted red to match my vader outfit.

I thought I was the fucking bomb running round like that when I was about 4.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: April 27, 2017, 06:45:26 pm »
I had one of those lightsabers, weirdly they was white in the early 80's when I had mine. So I got the bulb painted red to match my vader outfit.

I thought I was the fucking bomb running round like that when I was about 4.

Me and our kid used to turn all the lights off in the house then have mad fights in the dark or run around in the street with them. If I remember right this is one of them.

Jurgen YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 27, 2017, 06:56:45 pm »
Another one would be Darth Vader's confidence and abilities in Rogue One compared to his relatively meager character in Episode IV. I've been trying to get into the whole canon again but it's difficult because it requires a fair amount of technical suspension of disbelief.

Good points.  I tend to rationalise Vader's behaviour in Rogue One in that he was only facing regular troopers; he could despatch those poor grunts as easily as if they were droid soldiers.  Facing off against Obi Wan is slightly different; it's natural to be more cagey - this IS the guy who chopped off his limbs and left him burning after all.  As much anger and hate as he must feel towards his old master, there will also be a twinge of apprehension, wanting to guard against any potential tricks old Obi Wan might look to pull. 

But then, Vader also says, "Escape is not his plan", so he might have an idea that Obi Wan isn't expecting to come out of the fight alive, so Vader wants to string it out a little and savour defeating his one time mentor.

My favourite one is how much Obi Wan aged in about 15-20 years. Poor bastard

You could say that even more about Owen and Beru.  ;D  But then I always imagined Tatooine must be a very hostile planet to live on ;)

Personally, whether it's correct to think it or not, I decided that the Death Star you see at the end of Ep III isn't the actual Death Star but one of the prototypes - would make sense for them to get some basic handle on the technical and engineering aspects of constructing a full station.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #420 on: April 27, 2017, 07:01:11 pm »
Me and our kid used to turn all the lights off in the house then have mad fights in the dark or run around in the street with them. If I remember right this is one of them.

the hilt to mine was definitely blue.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 27, 2017, 07:24:40 pm »
Good points.  I tend to rationalise Vader's behaviour in Rogue One in that he was only facing regular troopers; he could despatch those poor grunts as easily as if they were droid soldiers.  Facing off against Obi Wan is slightly different; it's natural to be more cagey - this IS the guy who chopped off his limbs and left him burning after all.  As much anger and hate as he must feel towards his old master, there will also be a twinge of apprehension, wanting to guard against any potential tricks old Obi Wan might look to pull. 

But then, Vader also says, "Escape is not his plan", so he might have an idea that Obi Wan isn't expecting to come out of the fight alive, so Vader wants to string it out a little and savour defeating his one time mentor.

You could say that even more about Owen and Beru.  ;D  But then I always imagined Tatooine must be a very hostile planet to live on ;)

Personally, whether it's correct to think it or not, I decided that the Death Star you see at the end of Ep III isn't the actual Death Star but one of the prototypes - would make sense for them to get some basic handle on the technical and engineering aspects of constructing a full station.

The fight scenes in Star Wars were based on Kendo and fencing. I used to practice Kendo and was a foil fencer and watching the duel between Obi Wan and Vader was just like watching a mixture of a Kendo bout or a fencing bout, with old Samurai techniques thrown in, how the actors were trained is how I was taught. The fight scenes in the prequels are all for entertainment and nothing like how a real fight would be, if you danced around like that you'd have bits of your body missing or be dead before you knew it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #422 on: April 27, 2017, 07:57:21 pm »
The OT duels were always about the dialogue and drama going on. The PT duels were all mouth, no trousers.

Rob, disagree with your last thought. For that to happen they'd actually have to try and hit each other!

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #423 on: April 27, 2017, 08:26:45 pm »
I had one of those toy light sabres too, but I can't remember what colour the hilt was now. I'm pretty sure mine had alternating colours though, at least both blue and red? Mine would've been mid-'80s onward, so I'm sure they would've been bringing out slightly better ones with each new film.

The light sabre really is a great fantasy weapon on its own, just being held still and buzzing away - they really went overboard with the gymnastics in the prequel trilogy, just detracted from the power these neon-sword-things were supposed to have, how they were meant to be handled with great care by trained monk types. It made sense for Darth Maul to be doing all that gubbins with his double-ended one (oo-er), but everyone else should've been much more grounded and elegant, economical and calculated in their movements. Worst for me was Yoda bouncing all over the shop; fan service of the very worst kind, that, when they more or less turn him into a different character for the purposes of giving him an obligatory 'badass' moment. Just have his utter mastery of the force win the day, surely?

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 27, 2017, 09:08:45 pm »
Just have his utter mastery of the force win the day, surely?

Aye, given that he could lift a plane out of a goddam swamp when he was nearly dying you'd think he could use a fair amount of other stuff in his prime.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2017, 09:30:22 pm »
I had one of those toy light sabres too, but I can't remember what colour the hilt was now. I'm pretty sure mine had alternating colours though, at least both blue and red? Mine would've been mid-'80s onward, so I'm sure they would've been bringing out slightly better ones with each new film.

The light sabre really is a great fantasy weapon on its own, just being held still and buzzing away - they really went overboard with the gymnastics in the prequel trilogy, just detracted from the power these neon-sword-things were supposed to have, how they were meant to be handled with great care by trained monk types. It made sense for Darth Maul to be doing all that gubbins with his double-ended one (oo-er), but everyone else should've been much more grounded and elegant, economical and calculated in their movements. Worst for me was Yoda bouncing all over the shop; fan service of the very worst kind, that, when they more or less turn him into a different character for the purposes of giving him an obligatory 'badass' moment. Just have his utter mastery of the force win the day, surely?

The most ridiculous thing about that was when he walks into that hangar at the end of AOTC, all frail with his walking stick...and then proceeds to jump and bounce around all over the place. Did none of the other Jedi ever say to him, 'why are you pretending you need a walking stick?'

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 27, 2017, 09:43:04 pm »
My lightsabre would have been either Christmas 1977 or 1978. They were very basic, the red torch with a coloured plastic lens covering the bulb and then the white tube - as kids you never think to keep stuff, I gave all my stuff to one of my mums mates kids.

One of the worst bits in Episode 1 is when Obi Wan jumps over Maul, Maul would have killed him in the air or at the least as he landed, the reaction from Maul is comical.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #427 on: April 28, 2017, 01:04:19 pm »
The most ridiculous thing about that was when he walks into that hangar at the end of AOTC, all frail with his walking stick...and then proceeds to jump and bounce around all over the place. Did none of the other Jedi ever say to him, 'why are you pretending you need a walking stick?'

Twat wanted a blue badge for his speeder - fiddling the intergalactic DWP for more disability assistance support the little green bastard.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 28, 2017, 01:48:19 pm »
The fight scenes in Star Wars were based on Kendo and fencing. I used to practice Kendo and was a foil fencer and watching the duel between Obi Wan and Vader was just like watching a mixture of a Kendo bout or a fencing bout, with old Samurai techniques thrown in, how the actors were trained is how I was taught. The fight scenes in the prequels are all for entertainment and nothing like how a real fight would be, if you danced around like that you'd have bits of your body missing or be dead before you knew it.

Of course.  I did Kendo myself for about a year.  But then in the OT the lightsabers were described as being like broadswords and needing two hands by GL.  That's the practical, real life reality of why things of changed, versus the fanboy/girl trying to shoe horn the change into the internal logic of the genre itself. ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:50:59 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #429 on: April 28, 2017, 04:03:28 pm »
bear in mind there are some people out there who thought yoda flying around was the best thing about those 3 films.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: April 28, 2017, 04:16:01 pm »
bear in mind there are some people out there who thought yoda flying around was the best thing about those 3 films.

I still remember people laughing in the audience when it happened in Episode 2.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #431 on: April 28, 2017, 04:56:05 pm »

And people elected Trump and voted for Brexit. Not every opinion is equally valid.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #432 on: April 28, 2017, 05:01:35 pm »
I still remember people laughing in the audience when it happened in Episode 2.

I was one of them.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #433 on: May 2, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »
Likely posted elsewhere on the RAWK - but worth putting in here too - The Beatles' ‘Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band’ album meets Star Wars (just the 1977 film)… :)

Ringo as Vader - spot on  ;D

“Princess Leia’s Stolen Death Star Plans/With Illicit Help From Your Friends”
Track 1 & 2:-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NYD3QtyEGGM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NYD3QtyEGGM</a>

“Luke Is In The Desert”
Track 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhFyX1IkjAM

“Never Better”
Track 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8gsj3XAYQQ

“Imperial Holes”
Track 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS0QjFE_B4k

“He’s Leaving Home”
Track 6 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNqAsCXHA5o

“Being From the Spaceport of Mos Eisley”
Track 7 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJPCM-S4wTo

“The Force Within You”
Track 8 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7oLUc-dtX4

“AA Twenty-Three”
Track 9 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4y1Ea7bDzk

“Dianoga”
Track 10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kyqdcwV7IU

“Keep Moving Keep Moving”
Track 11 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akUd6YDv9Tg

“Reprise/A Day in the Life of Red Five”
Tracks 12 & 13 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlcWVWU-cYQ

^ all from the very, very talented people at https://www.youtube.com/user/PaletteSwapNinja/videos 😃
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:50:32 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 2, 2017, 02:57:59 pm »

Oh you are fighting a losing battle there. Might as well go into a strip club and tell people to stop looking at tits.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #435 on: May 2, 2017, 03:58:32 pm »
I started watching Rebels last week. I'd previously never go past the first episodes of Clone Wars.

Once you get use to the humour and enjoy the world they've set I think it's better than the prequels.

Really enjoying it for what it is.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: May 4, 2017, 01:33:07 pm »
If anybody's interested it looks as though Adywans Empire Strikes Back Revisited fan edit is finally going to be released next month. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #437 on: May 4, 2017, 03:20:37 pm »
oojason

Was just about to post that.

Those are brilliant and very well done.

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #438 on: May 4, 2017, 03:45:40 pm »
“He’s Leaving Home”

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qNqAsCXHA5o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qNqAsCXHA5o</a>

“Reprise/A Day in the Life of Red Five”

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IlcWVWU-cYQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IlcWVWU-cYQ</a>

^ all from the very, very talented people at https://www.youtube.com/user/PaletteSwapNinja/videos 😃
The whole thing is brilliantly put together and performed, but I found these two actually quite moving in an odd way.

That level of deep Liverpudlian songwriting talent at the source certainly helps, but the intimate understanding and care for the characters of Star Wars gives it an edge of sincerity that I find touching. I know it's silly, but there you go. The extraordinary hypnotic tension & release held within A Day in the Life really adds something to that trench run sequence!  :P

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #439 on: May 4, 2017, 04:51:13 pm »
Haemoglobin, agree totally.

Will watch the lot tonight when I get home.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.