Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 725343 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #9160 on: October 17, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »
Fucking love him, both as a player and as a captain.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Believer
« Reply #9161 on: October 17, 2020, 03:33:45 PM »
Glad he's said it though, he has every right to question that decision as the captain of the team.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #9162 on: October 17, 2020, 03:34:29 PM »
Hendo is back!

Online JC the Messiah

• Believer
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #9163 on: October 17, 2020, 03:35:53 PM »
Henderson and Thiago is a beautiful partnership.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Believer
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #9164 on: October 17, 2020, 03:48:17 PM »
Fucking superb.
Hare and the tortoise.... imagine living for so long in the shadow of one of the Greats? Now Jordan Henderson is showing what a truly top class player he is.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9165 on: October 17, 2020, 04:11:08 PM »
Robbed today. I hope his car is still at the parking lot.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Believer
« Reply #9166 on: October 17, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
Henderson and Thiago is a beautiful partnership.
He must be an absolute joy to play with, 110 percent every game.

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory"......
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9167 on: October 18, 2020, 02:10:35 AM »
Immense in that game. Just outstanding. Not another midfielder like him in the world for drive, energy, determination, power and incredible skills, too. Fit to be mentioned alongside any of our legendary captains. Boss.
“Giving absolutely everything doesn't mean you get anything... but it’s the only chance to get something!”

"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #9168 on: October 18, 2020, 05:16:53 AM »
Immense in that game. Just outstanding. Not another midfielder like him in the world for drive, energy, determination, power and incredible skills, too. Fit to be mentioned alongside any of our legendary captains. Boss.

Second that! He had such big shoes to fill and Hendo did that so magnificently. All those qualities you've mentioned and equally as important.. he is just a all round good person. Embodies the club so perfectly. Lucky to have him as captain!

Offline abhred

• Believer
« Reply #9169 on: October 18, 2020, 07:09:27 AM »
He, Thiago, Mane, Salah look the 4 best players in the league right now. Hope that’s enough to manage the loss of VVD.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Online Ravishing Rick Rude

• Cut the music!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9170 on: October 18, 2020, 07:25:25 AM »
LEADER
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'm a knob

Offline Bakez0151

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #9171 on: October 18, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »
I feel like he's going to drag us to another title this season, I really do. He's at the top of his game.

Offline jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9172 on: October 18, 2020, 11:07:20 AM »
He is just getting better and better. I loved the way every time they had a corner he was in there talking to people and taking responsibility. I was gutted when they chalked that goal off for him, he deserved the winner on his impact yesterday alone.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online naYoRHa2b

• Kopite
« Reply #9173 on: October 18, 2020, 11:18:14 AM »
The improvement out of him the last couple of years has been phenomenal. I know he had a great season where we went close with Rodgers but I felt that was more his industry than his leadership and general technical attributes. Even under Klopp the first couple of seasons I thought he was on the periphery a bit and at times he was, he was benched and we went for different options in the middle. Then he had that spell where he was played a little higher, or encouraged to get forward anyway and he seemed to push on. Even so if you look at his awareness on the ball now, his passing range, weight of passing over different distances it's all improved and much later on in his career, even his finishing is more consistent and his body shape when striking a ball.

Most of all though I generally feel like the players around him have more belief when he is on the pitch and that is never something I'd thought I would say a few years back.

Offline na fir dearg

• Believer
« Reply #9174 on: October 18, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »
amazing performance yesterday, deserved that goal

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #9175 on: October 18, 2020, 11:50:57 AM »
a winning goal in the Derby would have been fitting for his standing at the club now. Reminded me of that old tale of Billy Liddell disallowed goal against City in the mid fifties when his last minute goal was disallowed in mid air. Id put Hendo up with him!
walk on...walk on...

Offline Abin465

• Kemlynite
« Reply #9176 on: October 19, 2020, 06:18:47 AM »
I feel like he's going to drag us to another title this season, I really do. He's at the top of his game.

He had a brilliant game. I was feeling gutted at how the match ended, thinking of the Virgil injury and the offside, till I saw his face in the post match interview. He looked like he knows he is going to war for the rest of the season and will make sure everyone in the team is up for it. Even with the ACL news, just the thought of a character like him being in this team gives me hope.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius.
  • Believer
  • being crazy is what keeps me from going insane
« Reply #9177 on: October 19, 2020, 06:38:55 AM »
Love his passion - with Big Virg being out people forget that a team is not one person it is made up of many and if one man falls then it's up to the others to rise to the challenge and our captain is one of those men

I neither know nor care

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Believer
« Reply #9178 on: October 19, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »
Not many people talking about Hendo with all that happened on Saturday, but he was fucking outstanding. That perfectly good late winner would've been a fully deserved reward for a phenomenal performance.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Believer
« Reply #9179 on: October 19, 2020, 10:40:46 AM »
Love seeing him push up more as he has that drive that makes him a threat in and round the box. Its something we miss somewhat although Keita also has the ability to break lines but Henderson is a physical presence and his passion just pushes us on.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Believer
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9180 on: October 19, 2020, 10:40:50 AM »
Not many people talking about Hendo with all that happened on Saturday, but he was fucking outstanding. That perfectly good late winner would've been a fully deserved reward for a phenomenal performance.

He was absolutely brilliant. Thiago will free him up to do so much more damage higher up the pitch. Everton couldn't live with his movement and energy at times, even if it did leave Trent a little exposed.

Online So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9181 on: October 19, 2020, 10:43:27 AM »
He was absolutely brilliant. Thiago will free him up to do so much more damage higher up the pitch. Everton couldn't live with his movement and energy at times, even if it did leave Trent a little exposed.

I'm sure we'll be looking at tightening up to protect Trent a little more but having Henderson and Thiago in the same midfield is a reason to be cheerful.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Believer
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9182 on: October 19, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »
I'm sure we'll be looking at tightening up to protect Trent a little more but having Henderson and Thiago in the same midfield is a reason to be cheerful.

To be honest, I've long been a defender of Trent on here, but he isn't playing well enough offensively at the moment to sacrifice Salah and Henderson having relative freedom down that side. And he needs to be a lot more switched on defensively even (and especially) if he is exposed at times.

Massive shame about Virg in more obvious ways, but there was probably an argument to put Joemez at right back from time to time, too.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Believer
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #9183 on: October 21, 2020, 09:21:22 AM »
It amazes me that even at this stage of his career, he keeps on improving. I haven't always been his biggest fan, though I tend to keep such criticisms to myself, but he is indispensable nowadays. Top player and bloke with an exemplary attitude. If we get really desperate for a CB I can see him doing it.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Main Stander
« Reply #9184 on: October 21, 2020, 09:59:10 AM »
When people talk about our World Class players, Henderson should be included alongside Alisson, Mane, Salah, Trent, VVD, Robbo & Thiago.

Immense player.  What a captain too.

"Intensity is our identity". Henderson sets the benchmark for that intensity & others follow.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 10:03:20 AM by JordanTremenderson »

Offline Paul1611

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9185 on: October 21, 2020, 10:00:50 AM »
I agree I think he could do a great job at CB.  His communication, power, and reading of the game would make him a good candidate to step in

Offline Knight

• Kopite
« Reply #9186 on: October 21, 2020, 10:03:32 AM »
What a performance on Saturday. Time after time I found myself saying 'great play Hendo'. It's possible that I've been unfairly biased against him in the past and he's always been as good as he was on Sunday but it feels to me that he's consistently added more strings to his bow over the course of his career. When he arrived he was a young lad with a big price tag and took a while to get up to speed. He improved loads over those early years and was HUGE for us in 13/14. If he doesn't get sent off we win the title that year. When Klopp came in he moved back to 6 where he was brilliant in some ways but less good (for me) in others. But he improved hugely in that role and now even his relative weakness (receiving under pressure and being able to play progressively through a press) seem to have become genuine strengths from little moments he showed on Saturday. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player consistently improve in different ways across his career with us as Henderson has. And that's just football qualities. In terms of leadership qualities, if anyone can keep the machine rolling without Van Dijk in the team for this season it's Henderson.

Offline oxenstierna

• Believer
« Reply #9187 on: October 21, 2020, 10:47:50 PM »
Needs to improve his socks

Online JC the Messiah

• Believer
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #9188 on: October 21, 2020, 10:54:46 PM »
Needs to improve his socks
I get he wants to wear the sticks underneath that he feels the most comfortable with. But surely they can get him a pair that are the right colour!
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online lukeb1981

• Believer
« Reply #9189 on: October 21, 2020, 10:56:15 PM »
It amazes me that even at this stage of his career, he keeps on improving. I haven't always been his biggest fan, though I tend to keep such criticisms to myself, but he is indispensable nowadays. Top player and bloke with an exemplary attitude. If we get really desperate for a CB I can see him doing it.
He excelled last season and he has kept that going both on and off the pitch .

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory"......
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9190 on: October 21, 2020, 11:10:39 PM »
Worked his socks off
“Giving absolutely everything doesn't mean you get anything... but it’s the only chance to get something!”

"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline tornado

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9191 on: October 21, 2020, 11:12:48 PM »
There was a pass today to the left flank which was Thiagoesque...has that in his locker as well!

Offline simesy

• Believer
« Reply #9192 on: October 21, 2020, 11:39:10 PM »
The midfield improved the moment he came on. Such a good communicato, organiser and leader. Oh and he's got a good long pass or two.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9193 on: October 22, 2020, 12:15:17 AM »
Worked his socks off
And then taped them to work some more...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Abin465

• Kemlynite
« Reply #9194 on: October 22, 2020, 06:32:57 AM »

The team was playing like the one we put out for domestic cups till he came on. Second half looked more like the champions
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:37:51 AM by Abin465 »

Offline PIPA23

• Believer
« Reply #9195 on: Yesterday at 09:55:28 PM »
our best player tonight...

fantastic performance by the captain!

Offline Lastrador

• Believer
  • Yes lad!
« Reply #9196 on: Yesterday at 09:57:11 PM »
Didn't put a foot wrong, always in the right place, and making the right play. Motm.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Believer
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9197 on: Yesterday at 09:58:54 PM »
That pass he slipped through to Mane second half was inches away from one of the most sublime assists you’ll see.
AHA!

Offline SenorGarcia

• Believer
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #9198 on: Yesterday at 09:58:58 PM »
Fuckin love him. Brilliant tonight.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Online ubb! please

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • He asked for it!
« Reply #9199 on: Yesterday at 09:59:44 PM »
Excellent tonight, and that run at the end to relieve pressure was immense.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.