Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 1032357 times)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #10920 on: October 30, 2021, 06:38:13 am »
Its funny seeing so many neutrals and opposition fans underrating Hendo still.  Even after he has been a lynchpin a CL winning team and a team that has finished on 97+ point in back to back seasons.

Whenever you see any combined XI nonsense for a big game, Hendo is the one they always drop for Pogba, Gomes or whoever else is the flavour of the month.

This man is the most complete midfielder in the PL since Gerrard. I don't think any midfielder in the past decade has had his combination of defensive nous, passing ability, energy and physicality. The only other ones I can think that fit that mold would be Viera and Keane. 

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #10921 on: October 30, 2021, 07:10:14 am »
Its funny seeing so many neutrals and opposition fans underrating Hendo still.  Even after he has been a lynchpin a CL winning team and a team that has finished on 97+ point in back to back seasons.

Whenever you see any combined XI nonsense for a big game, Hendo is the one they always drop for Pogba, Gomes or whoever else is the flavour of the month.

This man is the most complete midfielder in the PL since Gerrard. I don't think any midfielder in the past decade has had his combination of defensive nous, passing ability, energy and physicality. The only other ones I can think that fit that mold would be Viera and Keane. 

All that, plus his leadership. The man's incredible.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #10922 on: November 3, 2021, 02:25:01 am »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/59140910

Absolute legend.

The part where he says he's not there for them to thank him, he's there to thank them. Very proud of the lad.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #10923 on: November 3, 2021, 06:13:24 am »

Absolute legend.

The part where he says he's not there for them to thank him, he's there to thank them. Very proud of the lad.

This.

With Klopp and Henderson, has Liverpool ever been in better hands? Two great men in, and away from the game.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2021, 06:15:00 am by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10924 on: November 3, 2021, 07:14:58 am »

So true. I must admit I’ve been guilty of it in the past. He has gone from the club wanting to swap him for some no mark from Fulham to a CL and PL winning captain. All credit to Hendo for believing in himself and proving people wrong. I think he has struggled in some games this season but all players do at times. If KDB had played that ball for Salah’s 3rd at united the media would’ve been Raving about it for weeks.

He does have a funny gait tho….😊

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10925 on: November 3, 2021, 07:16:05 am »
Bit scared he is in the red zone injury wise
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #10926 on: November 3, 2021, 08:39:44 am »
He’s a very impressive individual and an excellent leader. If he doesn’t become prime minister then I fully expect him to be a successful manager one day ….
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Online El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10927 on: November 3, 2021, 09:16:17 am »

Absolute legend.

We really should be as a club and a fanbase. Its incredible to think where he's come from, lumped in initially with some of the worst signings we've ever made, hawked around to try and raise money for transfers, turning down a move to Fulham in a swap with Clint Dempsey, and I'd say now one of our very best captains and one of the best 'ambassadors' we've ever had. He's an absolute credit to the football club and himself.
"Our goalkeeper scored more goals in the Premier League than our back up centre forward" September 2021

Online Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #10928 on: November 3, 2021, 09:29:12 am »
A proper captain, so proud to have him as ours. 

I'm pretty sure that when the Premier League Captains talk, he's the one they look up to and respect the most.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10929 on: November 3, 2021, 12:21:41 pm »
A proper captain, so proud to have him as ours. 

I'm pretty sure that when the Premier League Captains talk, he's the one they look up to and respect the most.
I don't think any club has a better team captain, on or off the pitch.

burns the hell out of me that Southgate gave the armband to fukking Harry "That Goal was Mine Not His" Kane - I've got some scrap 2x4s in my garage with better leadership skills than that asshole.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10930 on: November 3, 2021, 12:44:54 pm »
With Klopp and Henderson, has Liverpool ever been in better hands? Two great men in, and away from the game.

On the pitch, Henderson is the embodiment of Klopp's values and footballing philosophy.

Away from the game, they are both simply wonderful human beings.

Makes me very proud of my club.

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory"......
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10931 on: November 3, 2021, 02:40:28 pm »
Wasn't that long ago that the Great Armband Debates were going on here, probably in this very thread.
"Football is a nice game without you, but with you it’s the best game in the world"
Jurgen Klopp

"Giving absolutely everything doesn't mean you get anything... but it’s the only chance to get something!”
Jurgen Klopp

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #10932 on: November 3, 2021, 02:43:24 pm »
Hes really grown into his role, over years of gradual development. Gerrard was more like Trent,  a star almost right from the start. Henderson has had to fight hrough ups and downs, in different roles, for different managers and with different levels of status in team.

Something to think about when judging young players like Curtis Jones

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10933 on: November 3, 2021, 04:10:46 pm »
Just read on some Instagram post that during the recent win at united, Hendo overtook Gareth Barry as the player to complete most successful passes in PL history! (17002)

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #10934 on: November 4, 2021, 12:38:25 am »
Quietly excellent tonight. All of the midfield were really.
“ When I see the Bill Shankly statue, I look at the sentiment on the base. It says: 'He made the people happy’. Well now the modern Liverpool is making the fans and the city happy. And that makes me so proud." - Gerard Houllier

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10935 on: November 4, 2021, 12:50:07 am »
Just read on some Instagram post that during the recent win at united, Hendo overtook Gareth Barry as the player to complete most successful passes in PL history! (17002)

He’s played nearly 300 fewer PL games too. JH with 370 whereas GB made 653 appearances.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10936 on: November 7, 2021, 07:18:53 pm »
Luckiest man on the pitch.  Could easily have had his ligaments done by that “tackle”. 12 months or so on the sidelines at the age of 31, and the potential long term consequences of such an injury, could have seen him all but done in a Liverpool shirt.

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10937 on: November 7, 2021, 07:25:15 pm »
Luckiest man on the pitch.  Could easily have had his ligaments done by that “tackle”. 12 months or so on the sidelines at the age of 31, and the potential long term consequences of such an injury, could have seen him all but done in a Liverpool shirt.

A perfectly fair tackle according to Sky, the BBC commentary team. Just see one of our lads attempting that on Antonio and see where we get with it.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10938 on: November 7, 2021, 07:29:14 pm »
A perfectly fair tackle according to Sky, the BBC commentary team. Just see one of our lads attempting that on Antonio and see where we get with it.  ::)

Sound. We’ll get Fabinho or Keita to stick one of those on one of England’s golden boys over the coming months then.  They’ll be perfectly happy with it and won’t be demanding instant deportation at all.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Italians do it better
« Reply #10939 on: November 7, 2021, 07:40:31 pm »
The only player on our side who looked competent on the ball today. Could have been a little more adventurous, but the chaotic and sloppy way we were playing, it was a welcoming side to see him try to tide up things a bit. Defensively... I don't know, we've been a mess all season, no matter who plays and where.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #10940 on: November 7, 2021, 08:03:28 pm »
Very very lucky

Not sure how even professionals are able to reign it in after the game when they've been clocked like that.

I'd probably be up for assault in the locker room if I'd been tackled like that during the game - that fucker Cresswell knew precisely what he was about there.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #10941 on: November 7, 2021, 08:05:11 pm »
Thank goodness we don't get Sky/BBC here in South Africa - everyone commentating on the game and the various post match shows agree that was a red card offense and the Jordan was very lucky not to have been seriously injured.

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #10942 on: December 1, 2021, 09:57:40 pm »
Get the fuck off page two you fuckin legend. MOTM
“ When I see the Bill Shankly statue, I look at the sentiment on the base. It says: 'He made the people happy’. Well now the modern Liverpool is making the fans and the city happy. And that makes me so proud." - Gerard Houllier

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10943 on: December 1, 2021, 09:58:47 pm »
Stevie-esque performance dare I say tonight.

Online palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #10944 on: December 1, 2021, 10:01:04 pm »
Fantastic!
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Online Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10945 on: December 1, 2021, 10:02:29 pm »
A captains innings.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10946 on: December 1, 2021, 10:07:16 pm »
Immense display that.

Online El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10947 on: December 1, 2021, 10:11:21 pm »
Absolute beast
"Our goalkeeper scored more goals in the Premier League than our back up centre forward" September 2021

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10948 on: December 1, 2021, 10:11:56 pm »
Magnificent. Set the example tonight.

Online groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10949 on: December 1, 2021, 10:12:10 pm »
So, so good tonight.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10950 on: December 1, 2021, 10:12:52 pm »
Magnificent performance by the captain!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10951 on: December 1, 2021, 10:13:34 pm »
Superb, the goal, the assist and the nutmeg were all brilliant

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #10952 on: December 1, 2021, 10:14:47 pm »
Outstanding today. MOM.
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10953 on: December 1, 2021, 10:16:25 pm »
Absolutely wonderful tonight. Totally bossed it
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #10954 on: December 1, 2021, 10:17:03 pm »
And here's to you, Jordan Henderson!
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #10955 on: December 1, 2021, 10:17:16 pm »
Superb! Really thrived in the number 8 role today
You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

Online KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #10956 on: December 1, 2021, 10:17:22 pm »
Top guy.
You try me once you beg for more.

Online Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #10957 on: December 1, 2021, 10:17:31 pm »
Great game from him. Always thought if there was one game we'd be up for this season after last year it'd be this and you could see Hendo was bang at it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10958 on: December 1, 2021, 10:17:35 pm »
Can't remember him turning in a better performance, seriously.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #10959 on: December 1, 2021, 10:18:31 pm »
Brilliant. ❤️