Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 674504 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #5440 on: October 5, 2019, 10:50:39 pm »
You could see it in the ground, and you can see it on the telly, it's a fucking blatant pen. If you don't think it is you're fucking senile.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5441 on: October 5, 2019, 10:50:39 pm »
Murphy pretending like there was any intention from that challenge other than to take Salah out completely.

Also notice they didn't show when Evans tried to choke out Salah...

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5442 on: October 5, 2019, 10:50:54 pm »
‘Dive’ implies cheating, Mane just drew the refs attention to the fact he was clearly fouled.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5443 on: October 5, 2019, 10:51:02 pm »
Has the world turned upside down?

Klopp was pretending to be annoyed about the tackle to deflect from the penalty decision!?  :o

Choudhury cynically took Salah out to stop an attack developing and injured him in the process and Klopp is just 'deflecting'??
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5444 on: October 5, 2019, 10:51:14 pm »
Fucking hell only just seen the Norwich result  :o That bubble popped quickly....shone so very brightly though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5445 on: October 5, 2019, 10:51:28 pm »
I understand the penalty chat but how is Choudbury going for ball? Mental from Murphy.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5446 on: October 5, 2019, 10:51:37 pm »
Laughable punditry. Stone wall peno and straight red all day long
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5447 on: October 5, 2019, 10:51:41 pm »
Klopp trying to "deflect from the penalty decision" - I mean how do these people get a job doing this? Fucking idiots.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5448 on: October 5, 2019, 10:51:47 pm »
No, they're just genuinely stupid

So are most people involved with reality tv, doesn't mean they can't get people moaning about it on Twitter.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5449 on: October 5, 2019, 10:52:12 pm »
Has the world turned upside down?

Klopp was pretending to be annoyed about the tackle to deflect from the penalty decision!?  :o

Choudhury cynically took Salah out to stop an attack developing and injured him in the process and Klopp is just 'deflecting'??

Fucking c*nts on MOTD. Absolute assassination. Shockingly, you can tell their opinion based on the nationality of the players involved.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5450 on: October 5, 2019, 10:52:37 pm »
Not one mention of the player being stupid for making a challenge and getting none of the ball...in the box?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5451 on: October 5, 2019, 10:52:42 pm »
I understand the penalty chat but how is Choudbury going for ball? Mental from Murphy.

Apparently as you see that kind of shithousery every week, it's perfectly fine.  ::)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5452 on: October 5, 2019, 10:52:55 pm »

He's English, that is enough in Murphy's thick mind.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2019, 10:55:08 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5453 on: October 5, 2019, 10:53:05 pm »
So why do we keep being told that certain incidents are penalties just because there is 'contact'? Guaranteed if we'd conceded that penalty they'd be saying 'there was contact, so it's a penalty'.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5454 on: October 5, 2019, 10:53:13 pm »

He's a small man with a dislike for foreigners. It's pretty simple with him. Shearer is just extremely stupid to be fair.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5455 on: October 5, 2019, 10:53:20 pm »
Not one mention of the player being stupid for making a challenge and getting none of the ball...in the box?

Don't be ridiculous.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #5456 on: October 5, 2019, 10:53:51 pm »
that is the worst assessment of both the pen and foul on Salah you could possibly imagine.

Its a dive, they all say. So kicking him on the back of the leg is ok is it?
Choudry has every right to go for that, he only catches him with his thigh...... what am i listening too?

Jesus, how pathetic is that. Choudry is about 12 feet from the ball and is going for the man, its not football its an assault to stop him scoring.
As for the pen - its a pen, about time we got one, maybe if the one on Kieta had been given last year we would have won the league. But this one he kicks Mane on the back of his leg, why is that less of a pen that Calvert-Lewin's famous bounce of Lovren or Lamela's ooh I felt something I am going to fall over pen that no one complained about.

Bias, plain bias

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5457 on: October 5, 2019, 10:54:58 pm »
Always makes me laugh when people go on about all the ex-LFC players in the media. Most of them are complete twats about us.

Then you get people who take their view as gospel. Guarantee all over the country on Monday people will be saying “even Danny Murphy said it wasn’t a penalty” like he’s Phil Thompson. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, I’m enjoying all the fewm.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5458 on: October 5, 2019, 10:55:00 pm »
Two slap head bastards. Stealing a living.

It's coming again isn't it? You know, my 'Right Said Fred gif', as soon as you said 'Two slap head bastards.' I couldn't resist - I'm so sexy its hurts, on the dance floor, on dance floor.....

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5459 on: October 5, 2019, 10:55:22 pm »
Norwich should be ashamed of this. 5-1 at home, to Villa of all teams.

Offline Koplass

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5460 on: October 5, 2019, 10:56:14 pm »
Apparently as you see that kind of shithousery every week, it's perfectly fine.  ::)

They didn't really provide any context either. Yes we see badly timed tackles every week but that was an obviously cynical foul just to hack Mo down so he couldn't progress with the ball. It wasn't just a clumsy challenge.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5461 on: October 5, 2019, 10:56:34 pm »
"Lunges for the ball".

The ball was in a different area code, lads. The ball was over here near me, in +353 territory. Far enough away to be outside of the EU, soon enough.

But drawing attention to that was "deflection" by Klopp for the penalty, right? :o

Keep it up. One of these days, you might be worth the oxygen you're breathing, if not the wage you're stealing :wave
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5462 on: October 5, 2019, 10:56:37 pm »
‘Dive’ implies cheating, Mane just drew the refs attention to the fact he was clearly fouled.

Ref painted us into that corner too. Punished Salah first half for staying on his feet and playing on while being gripped.

Ref gave Fabinho a yellow for Maddison diving over him (there would have been actual contact if he didn't but still).

There were dives from all of leicester's representatives of the best diving team at the last world cup - but being English they don't count

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5463 on: October 5, 2019, 10:56:58 pm »

I agree. Definite foul, but also a bit of 'I'm gonna make sure this goes to VAR just to make sure we definitely get it'

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5464 on: October 5, 2019, 10:57:07 pm »
Apparently in practically every PL game there are players leaping into the back of other players legs in order to stop them, with no possible hope of getting the ball?

Talking gibberish.

And it was a pen because Albrighton quite clearly kicked Mane.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5465 on: October 5, 2019, 10:58:13 pm »
Murphy's comment on the Chodhury foul was worse than his penalty shout. Made no attempt to play the ball, was on 5 mins and Murphy said it was a tired tackle you see every week?

Go piss off you utter embarrassment.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5466 on: October 5, 2019, 10:58:59 pm »
Then you get people who take their view as gospel. Guarantee all over the country on Monday people will be saying “even Danny Murphy said it wasn’t a penalty” like he’s Phil Thompson. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, I’m enjoying all the fewm.

Know what you mean Nick, but I'm telling you now, if I go into work on Monday and the Mancs and bitters start giving me shit - I will love it!

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5467 on: October 5, 2019, 10:59:43 pm »

Yeah they got sliced apart.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5468 on: October 5, 2019, 11:00:19 pm »
It's just bizarre, how many times have we seen a defender make minimal contact with the attacker, but the pundits tell us it's a penalty because there was contact and the defender should know better than to put their foot in. And yet now actually being kicked in the leg is not enough?

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #5469 on: October 5, 2019, 11:02:01 pm »

That win over City seems all the more miraculous now doesn't it?!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5470 on: October 5, 2019, 11:03:01 pm »
Linekar should say something about how his brother is a fucking nonce.

Would be an unusual tangent for a footie show.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5471 on: October 5, 2019, 11:05:16 pm »
Can’t believe they showed that last Loris angle

Was almost sick :o

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5472 on: October 5, 2019, 11:05:24 pm »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5473 on: October 5, 2019, 11:06:17 pm »
To be fair to Shearer, Albrighton makes minimal contact with Mane compared to Shearer's boot making contact with Neil Lennon's head that time and that wasn't punished.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #5474 on: October 5, 2019, 11:06:21 pm »
Fuck off Murphy you alchi prick.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5475 on: October 5, 2019, 11:07:04 pm »
Savouring the saltiness....mmmm... gimme more.

Offline Koplass

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5476 on: October 5, 2019, 11:08:46 pm »
Would be an unusual tangent for a footie show.

;D

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5477 on: October 5, 2019, 11:09:33 pm »
To be fair to Shearer, Albrighton makes minimal contact with Mane compared to Shearer's boot making contact with Neil Lennon's head that time and that wasn't punished.
England players get away with it

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5478 on: October 5, 2019, 11:09:49 pm »
I was about to go into a rant about the show, but I really can’t be arsed.

It’s as simple as this, in this modern age, where you can get highlights, minus the shocking punditry (and calibre of pundits), half an hour after full time, for free, legally, on a free platform...it just feels like it’s an unnecessary show.
AHA!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.