Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge  (Read 339295 times)

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #240 on: August 6, 2016, 04:32:10 pm »
Origi has hardly shown himself to be resistant to niggling injuries.

Not much you can do about horror tackles coming in from thugs. Sturridge's injuries always seem to happen in training. As I said though, if Sturridge could stay fit (which at this point, I think we all know he won't), he would be the first name on my team sheet.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: August 6, 2016, 04:33:35 pm »
Sorry I didnt mean on here. Take a look at the responses on social media. Every comment after the club tweeted out that he was injured was abuse for him.

Dont use it myself.  Seems to be totally full of bellends.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: August 6, 2016, 04:33:50 pm »
Origi has hardly shown himself to be resistant to niggling injuries.

Quite. Unfortunately there is plenty who have been waiting to wet their pants and have a cry over Sturridge getting injured, before we know anything other than its minor and he is missing one weekends games. We could be ultra cautious and say its not worth a risk so near the start of the season over the slightest strain, it could be more and a few weeks out- it happens. He has had 6 months of pretty good fitness and a lot of preseason, lets hope for the best.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #243 on: August 6, 2016, 04:35:02 pm »
Not much you can do about horror tackles coming in from thugs. Sturridge's injuries always seem to happen in training. As I said though, if Sturridge could stay fit (which at this point, I think we all know he won't), he would be the first name on my team sheet.

It's a crying shame when such a supremely talented sportsperson is let down badly by their resistance to injuries. As long as we all maintain perspective and support Sturridge if he's out again rather than start questioning his mentality. I think he is desperate to stay fit and perform consistently at the top level - fingers crossed.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #244 on: August 6, 2016, 04:37:15 pm »
Think Origi or Mane would have started anyway. Use pace in behind.

Hope Dan is back soon.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: August 6, 2016, 04:37:57 pm »
Why are people taking digs at him because he's got a slight knock.
what? where?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: August 6, 2016, 04:38:49 pm »
We've got Origi to lead the line, we also have Mane, Ings and Firmino as options too.

It's not ideal but these things happen.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #247 on: August 6, 2016, 04:39:57 pm »
Dont use it myself.  Seems to be totally full of bellends.

You've cracked it to be fair. Nothing will make you more disappointed to be an LFC fan quicker than our social media "fans"

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: August 6, 2016, 04:46:27 pm »
We have pretty much every type of striker available to replace him. Not really an big deal anymore.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: August 6, 2016, 04:56:50 pm »
We have such a strong squad. Not worried at all...
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #250 on: August 6, 2016, 05:03:41 pm »
It's another hip injury but from what I've read it's a very minor one thankfully. This won't help his confidence, especially as I'm sure he wanted to start the season flying, hopefully he won't miss any games, even if he isn't quite fit to start our first 2 or 3.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: August 6, 2016, 05:05:21 pm »
We have pretty much every type of striker available to replace him. Not really an big deal anymore.

Exactly!!!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #252 on: August 6, 2016, 05:18:16 pm »
Starting to wonder if his terrible body language is why he's injured so often?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: August 6, 2016, 05:19:17 pm »
think thats why we have so many strikers - he will continue to be injured now and again

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: August 6, 2016, 05:23:07 pm »
think thats why we have so many strikers - he will continue to be injured now and again
yeah, as long as he gets 25-30 league games without any serious injury I wouldn't be too disappointed ... it does seem he will miss a game or two here and there through these types of niggles though

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: August 6, 2016, 06:55:13 pm »
Ah well.
At least he didn't leave us lingering for long. Injured straight into new season. Hope it's not going to be more then a few games.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 6, 2016, 07:06:33 pm »
Things were going far too well for us, of course this was going to happen.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #257 on: August 6, 2016, 07:07:52 pm »
He's going to have a hell of a fight on his hands to start ahead of Origi.
Believe

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: August 6, 2016, 07:44:55 pm »
He's going to have a hell of a fight on his hands to start ahead of Origi.
That's what Jurgen want  ;)
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: August 6, 2016, 11:05:00 pm »
Gutted for him, absolutely gutted.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 6, 2016, 11:07:15 pm »
Ah well.
At least he didn't leave us lingering for long. Injured straight into new season. Hope it's not going to be more then a few games.

It'll most likely be a couple of games, I don't think we need to worry too much.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 6, 2016, 11:08:11 pm »
Gutted for him, absolutely gutted.
Aye gutted, but in a way its good news for both Klopp and Studie, Bobby and Divock are stepping up raising cometition for Danny, making all of them better in the long run, they're all young and can learn from the strengths and weaknesses from eachother!

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #262 on: August 6, 2016, 11:08:18 pm »
Knew that the idea of Sturridge making it through pre season unscathed was too much to ask for. Ahh well, Origi and Mane have looked good.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: August 6, 2016, 11:14:45 pm »
It'll most likely be a couple of games, I don't think we need to worry too much.

Thats still a couple of weeks out for the start of the season. It isnt great.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #264 on: August 6, 2016, 11:15:10 pm »
There is just no way we can build a forward line around him. Which is a shame because his talent deserves it.
Believe

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 6, 2016, 11:17:01 pm »
Thats still a couple of weeks out for the start of the season. It isnt great.

We have plenty of other players who can score goals for us, it's not like we rely on him for most of our goals.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 6, 2016, 11:32:47 pm »
There is just no way we can build a forward line around him. Which is a shame because his talent deserves it.

Why would we need to build anything around him though? He, Origi and Firmino are pretty interchangeable, in fact I can see Klopp switching them up often depending on fitness and the opposition.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #267 on: August 7, 2016, 04:59:14 am »
This guys fate reminds me so much about Aurelio's... Both are immense talents...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 7, 2016, 05:08:52 am »
This guys fate reminds me so much about Aurelio's... Both are immense talents...

Harry Kewell as well.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 7, 2016, 11:38:30 am »
Knew that the idea of Sturridge making it through pre season unscathed was too much to ask for. Ahh well, Origi and Mane have looked good.

Has Mane plahyed as a Striker in pre season?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Djimigotamedal

• Main Stander
« Reply #270 on: August 9, 2016, 02:44:48 pm »
Unfortunaley for Sturridge 'world class players' generally have great fitness and rarely seem to be injured. Seems to be different injuries as well which is very strange.

Any estimates as when he is going to be back
isdanielsturridgeinjured.co.uk says he's still out but unsure of accuracy

Edit: physioroom has no return date either

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 9, 2016, 02:47:12 pm »
Unfortunaley for Sturridge 'world class players' generally have great fitness and rarely seem to be injured. Seems to be different injuries as well which is very strange.

Some other world class players get injured constantly and don't lose any ability (Aguero) so hopefully Sturridge is like that!

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 9, 2016, 03:12:13 pm »

Didn't Robbin and Van Persie have a similar injury record at about the same age?
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: August 9, 2016, 03:21:28 pm »
What was the last season he actually completed a pre season ?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #274 on: August 9, 2016, 03:28:18 pm »
Some other world class players get injured constantly and don't lose any ability (Aguero) so hopefully Sturridge is like that!

Aguero averages 40 games a season for City and and at Atletico he averaged around 47 games a season and has played 498 Club games. Sturridge has averaged 26 games a season for us and has played 232 career games. Aguero is 15 months older.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: August 9, 2016, 03:48:36 pm »

So your quoting a joke website as a source to say he is injured?

The Echo said on Saturday (I'm hoping the key word was precautionary):

Jurgen Klopp admits he has “no idea” whether Daniel Sturridge will be fit for Liverpool’s Premier League opener at Arsenal.

The England striker missed Saturday’s 4-0 friendly win over Barcelona with a hip problem, and didn’t travel to Germany as the Reds were thrashed by Mainz 05 on Sunday.

The club issued a Tweet prior to the Barcelona game stating that Sturridge’s absence was “precautionary”, but Klopp admitted afterwards that he wasn’t sure if the 26-year-old would be ready for next Sunday’s trip to the Emirates.

Asked for a one word answer on Sturridge’s availability, Klopp replied: “No idea. That’s a two word answer!”

Its probably best to wait for an update in the coming days from a reliable source, I presume today will be the first training session back after Mainz so perhaps we will get an update if he trained?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 9, 2016, 03:59:28 pm »
So your quoting a joke website as a source to say he is injured?

The Echo said on Saturday (I'm hoping the key word was precautionary):

Jurgen Klopp admits he has “no idea” whether Daniel Sturridge will be fit for Liverpool’s Premier League opener at Arsenal.

The England striker missed Saturday’s 4-0 friendly win over Barcelona with a hip problem, and didn’t travel to Germany as the Reds were thrashed by Mainz 05 on Sunday.

The club issued a Tweet prior to the Barcelona game stating that Sturridge’s absence was “precautionary”, but Klopp admitted afterwards that he wasn’t sure if the 26-year-old would be ready for next Sunday’s trip to the Emirates.

Asked for a one word answer on Sturridge’s availability, Klopp replied: “No idea. That’s a two word answer!”

Its probably best to wait for an update in the coming days from a reliable source, I presume today will be the first training session back after Mainz so perhaps we will get an update if he trained?

Pretty sad that there is even a "joke" website about sturridge fitness. No laughing matter for us though.

When Klopp doesn't even know when he will be back, it is a bit of a worry.

As a fan I cant even fathom how klopp would plan out the side with him in due to his injury record.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #277 on: August 9, 2016, 04:05:11 pm »
Exactly!!!

Sorry, but if hes fit then hes our number 1 striker. None of our other strikers can do what he does. Honestly i feel we can win any game that he plays in. Without him I'm not as confident.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #278 on: August 9, 2016, 04:06:39 pm »
Sorry, but if hes fit then hes our number 1 striker. None of our other strikers can do what he does. Honestly i feel we can win any game that he plays in. Without him I'm not as confident.

Give Origi a year or 2 and I think he'll be competing with Sturridge for the top spot. He's coming on in leaps and bounds, but with Sturridge fitness always in question it might be sooner than that.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: August 9, 2016, 04:10:28 pm »
People who are saying 'Not too bothered' by him anymore need to consider that he is supposed to be our no 1 striker. He is what Ibra, Costa, Aguero, Kane, Vardy and possibly Lukaku will be for our rivals. He represents the biggest goal threat. We know how important spearheads are. City screwed up so many games when Aguero was unavailable.

So when you stop being bothered by his niggles which are honestly a regularity now, you're practically admitting that our best striker can't be guaranteed to last a season. Or even 3/4ths of it, given his record. That is just careless on our part.

If Divock is our main striker, so be it. But he is not. Daniel is, and he is just not fit enough. When Klopp says he has 'no idea' on the status of his return, we know what's happening next. He will miss games and keep missing them. So we have 2 options.

1) Promote Divock as the guaranteed starter, even when Daniel is fit. Klopp was hinting towards it last season. Origi has all the tools to become as top class CF for us and we can put that process into high gear by making him our first choice. The more he plays, the better he will get.

2) Sell Sturridge and get a striker worthy enough to get us 25 odd goals a season as the first choice option.

We have to do one of those things. Otherwise, we have a supremely talented striker in prime, but can only contribute in a maximum of 30 games a season(more often, it is less) as the guy we rely on as first choice.

Please don't jump on my throat. I love Sturridge. I'm just not one of the ones who 'are not bothered' by his continuous injuries.