Author Topic: Welcome Georginio Wijnaldum  (Read 85247 times)

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Georginio Wijnaldum
« Reply #560 on: August 27, 2016, 02:29:03 pm »
What does he actually do? Game just passes him by. You barely ever hear his name and you'd do well to remember he was on the pitch. Same story in all his games for us
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #561 on: August 27, 2016, 02:29:55 pm »
Wow

Bell whiff central.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: August 27, 2016, 02:30:19 pm »
What we needed was some presence in midfield and somebody who could grab a hold of the game, we've signed another player who's just totally invisible there.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #563 on: August 27, 2016, 02:32:13 pm »
What we needed was some presence in midfield and somebody who could grab a hold of the game, we've signed another player who's just totally invisible there.

Wanyama's a much better midfielder for a lot cheaper.

The thing with Wijnaldum is he will pop up with goals,but you'd have more points in the long run with midfield control because he doesn't do anything else. We've basically signed Kevin Nolan.

I'd rather have Joe Allen in the team.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:34:49 pm by Bitter Mug »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #564 on: August 27, 2016, 02:33:38 pm »
Seems a luxury signing ....

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: August 27, 2016, 02:34:20 pm »
Seems a luxury signing ....

I like luxury.

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2016, 02:34:43 pm »
Tough one for me to gauge.  He still looks like he's feeling things out too much, if he'd assert himself more there is obviously a lot of talent there.  Just don't know that he is the type of personality to do so.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2016, 02:35:12 pm »
Never seen a player who shits out of so many 50/50s.
Believe

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2016, 02:35:28 pm »
Feels like you can play one of him and Lallana, not both. Both just let the game pass them by far too much, and don't offer enough of a presence in midfield. Neat and tidy, and not a whole lot else.

Sure that will be the case when Can comes back anyway.

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »
Feels like you can play one of him and Lallana, not both. Both just let the game pass them by far too much, and don't offer enough of a presence in midfield. Neat and tidy, and not a whole lot else.

Agree with this 100%.  I think Lallana goes to the bench with Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum in midfield.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2016, 02:36:58 pm »
I like luxury.

I'll take luxury when we've spent were needed

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #571 on: August 27, 2016, 02:37:40 pm »
He's good when we're on the ball. Passing and decision making is great. But off the ball is where he's really exposed. Really bad at defending and shits out tackles.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: August 27, 2016, 02:37:59 pm »

Because they're not really midfielders.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: August 27, 2016, 02:39:33 pm »
He's good when we're on the ball. Passing and decision making is great. But off the ball is where he's really exposed. Really bad at defending and shits out tackles.

Which is fine if we had a Mascherano or Hamann in midfield. We don't though so it exposes everyone else's limitations off the ball.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: August 27, 2016, 02:40:54 pm »
Because they're not really midfielders.

Agreed, but it's not stopping us fucking trying, for some unfathomable reason.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: August 27, 2016, 02:41:43 pm »
Thought he did well. Just because you cannot see what he does, doesn't mean he doesn't do anything. Luxury player blah. Load of shite, same stuff Lallana gets and used to get last season. The fact we dominated the first half and remained competitive all through the 2nd, looking the more likely to win it, kind of tells you we did alright. This was against a team that challenged for the league last season, and will challenge for top 4 this season. Wijnaldum was a part of that team that dominated. And anyone who tries to say we did well despite him is an idiot - Henderson must be 100x better than we all think if he can carry 2 passengers in Lallana and Wijnaldum!

Klopp clearly likes him, I'll go along with that.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2016, 02:42:44 pm »
Did we think we were buying a Seedorf or what? His gait is similar but that is about all.

Online The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2016, 02:43:03 pm »

Pretty much where I'm at, he's an upgrade on Allen and a good option but he's not a starter for me when everyone is fit and I wasn't expecting him to be but him and Lallana both starting isn't going to get us anywhere.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: August 27, 2016, 02:44:22 pm »
Shithouse at tackling, did he even win or attempt a tackle today. These matches are just breezing past him, says everything you need to know when he has a clear shot on goal and passes wide. Not sure what he was brought in to do, not a great start to his career here...

£25m squad player.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2016, 02:46:20 pm »
Some disgraceful comments here.

For fucks sake he's been here 5 fucking minutes.

Embarrassing bullshit.

Lock the fucking thing.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2016, 02:46:47 pm »
Thought he did well. Just because you cannot see what he does, doesn't mean he doesn't do anything. Luxury player blah. Load of shite, same stuff Lallana gets and used to get last season. The fact we dominated the first half and remained competitive all through the 2nd, looking the more likely to win it, kind of tells you we did alright. This was against a team that challenged for the league last season, and will challenge for top 4 this season. Wijnaldum was a part of that team that dominated. And anyone who tries to say we did well despite him is an idiot - Henderson must be 100x better than we all think if he can carry 2 passengers in Lallana and Wijnaldum!

Klopp clearly likes him, I'll go along with that.

I'm with you there. I didn't think he was bad at all today. Not great, obviously, but the above posts make it seem like he personally prevented us from scoring and gifted Spurs their goal.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2016, 02:46:52 pm »
£25m squad player.

Hes starting matches. Thats the worrying part. That even when everyones fit..he still gets the nod.

I thought the plan was to let millie play there and bed grujic in then he takes over. Guess klopp saw grujic and thought hes not ready

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2016, 02:48:46 pm »
Hes starting matches. Thats the worrying part. That even when everyones fit..he still gets the nod.

I thought the plan was to let millie play there and bed grujic in then he takes over. Guess klopp saw grujic and thought hes not ready

He's played 3 games.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2016, 02:49:12 pm »
Just imagine we lost today. Wow.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »
This is awful

Dreadful

Shameful

Stop it
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2016, 02:50:20 pm »
Echo's of Aquilani - quite similar in style and substance.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2016, 02:50:58 pm »
Absolutely love him as a player, brilliant performance today. Tons of sensible decisions, he makes us tick and makes us fluid in the middle.

Our midfield prevailed today which is not a small feat at the ground of one of the best passing teams in the league (boy did they miss Dembele today). Obviously half-wits will never appreciate him as he doesn`t make 40 yard passes and big crunching tackles ( which he doesn`t need to do as his positioning is immaculate ) but today we had more possession and we had almost equal possession at Emirates ( where historically our possession is in low to mid 30s ).

Don`t know if he can perform like this in a midfield 2 but his partnership with Lallana is excellent for such an early part of the season. Spurs didn`t cut us open through the middle one single time, we finished the game stronger because simply we had more football in us today.