Author Topic: Turkey - military on the streets  (Read 34446 times)

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Turkey - military on the streets
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2016, 02:46:15 pm »
Strong rules the weak,it always been that way and always gonna be no matter what political system we invent.Democracy was so helpful to people of Ukraine and Georgia when  Russians attacked them. :(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:48:44 pm by kaiser franz »

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
Turkey - military on the streets
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2016, 02:57:32 pm »
Erdogan is great man and leader . People going out to the streets against the military is a proof of this.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2016, 02:58:56 pm »
Erdogan is great man and leader . People going out to the streets against the military is a proof of this.

not sure if serious...

Whilst I can't approve of a military coup, Erdogan is a filthy piece of shit.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2016, 02:59:22 pm »
Why is he a great man?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2016, 03:04:18 pm »

nice trolling attempt. As a country who suffered a lot from military coups, a lot of opposition party supporters, millions who hate everything Erdogan and AKP stands for also hated to see soldiers on streets and disapproved the coup. Erdogan is the most ruthless piece of shit dictator this country has ever seen.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2016, 03:12:39 pm »
I can't see how Erdogan is the villain here, I suppose we too have arrived at a stage where democracy isn't important unless it suits us.
If they didn't have much chance of joining the EU under Erdogan then they will have no chance in a military state.

I don't support the idea of a military coup at all, especially one that actually puts the military in the streets at odds with civilians. Democracy is the way in a situation like this, given that Turkey has been democratic for a long time (unlike a place like Iraq, for example). You'll never make long-lasting change without the support of the people.

But 'democracy' is a highly subjective word when it comes to Erdogan. There's a lot of evidence of fraud in the last election, for example, and he's systematically been purging pretty much every government organization of people who might disagree with him. Case in point: this morning they fired 2,745 judges, with the coup as justification, because obviously they must have done all of the necessary investigation into all of those people in the last 12 hours. Right?

If he wasn't a dictator already, he's certainly going to be now. And he wants to be a religious dictator too, which points to a pretty shitty future for a country where at least half of the people are very intent on keeping things secular. Just imagine you're a non-religious, or Muslim-but-not-incredibly-religious Turk last night, and you see thousands of men (if there's a single woman in any of the photos/footage, she must have popped up after I went to sleep) flooding the streets chanting Allahu Akbar in support of a leader you hate. It's got to be absolutely terrifying.

Speaking of all of those men...I have no idea why the Western media is portraying this coup at complete face value. Every single aspect of it reeks of bullshit.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2016, 03:39:38 pm »
And now Turkish PM said that they would be in war with US if they dont hand over Gulen. Good lord.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2016, 03:40:48 pm »
I can't see how Erdogan is the villain here, I suppose we too have arrived at a stage where democracy isn't important unless it suits us.
If they didn't have much chance of joining the EU under Erdogan then they will have no chance in a military state.

Completely agree. If the will of the people is to get rid of Erdogan, than it needs to be done democratically. We've already gone through the effects of military takeovers for the "will of the people". As a society, they have to accept that violence, and taking up arms against democratically elected officials, is not the quickest route to democracy. Additionally, it certainly seems that the majority of the Turkish people didn't want him out of office.

Next elections, let them vote overwhelmingly to get rid of him, and he'll be gone.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2016, 03:42:59 pm »
Completely agree. If the will of the people is to get rid of Erdogan, than it needs to be done democratically. We've already gone through the effects of military takeovers for the "will of the people". As a society, they have to accept that violence, and taking up arms against democratically elected officials, is not the quickest route to democracy. Additionally, it certainly seems that the majority of the Turkish people didn't want him out of office.

Next elections, let them vote overwhelmingly to get rid of him, and he'll be gone.
Christ,are you really that naive.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2016, 03:45:13 pm »
And now Turkish PM said that they would be in war with US if they dont hand over Gulen. Good lord.
Him and whose army? Then again, the US have a stash of nuclear weapons in Turkey.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »
Him and whose army? Then again, the US have a stash of nuclear weapons in Turkey.
I doubt he really said that,atleast i doubt that any politican would openly say something that stupid.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2016, 03:48:38 pm »

It's all just posturing and rhetoric right now to show strength. It'll calm itself down and much like the coup, be all done and dusted by Monday so as not to disturb the working week.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2016, 03:49:19 pm »

It's almost certainly just a dogwhistle implying to AKP supporters that the US was behind the coup.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2016, 04:53:23 pm »
he is basically blackmailing the continent through the refugees
The refugees will be coming *from* Turkey before this is played out.  I'm glad large-scale disturbance has been averted, for now, but today's political developments are horrendous.

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2016, 05:01:30 pm »
stp using skynews and cnn for your news, the turkish public love erdoden and what hes done for the country.l

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2016, 05:31:32 pm »
Why is he a great man?

Becuase of his support to the Rohingya refugees, the bangladeshi scholars, the palestinians and many others when the world turned its back on them he did not ..

Because he is loyal to his nation, he wanted Turkey to be a force again and he managed to do it .. Turkey voice now is respected and its economy is one of the most powerful in the world.

He is not above criticism , who is ? Nobody will make the right decision every time but he is definitely a great leader based on his achievements and alot of people look up to him even outside Turkey.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2016, 05:40:50 pm »
stp using skynews and cnn for your news, the turkish public love erdoden and what hes done for the country.l

Yeah, obviously a fairly large segment of the public, I imagine including you, does love him. I don't think that's in doubt. But I'm not getting all of my news from Sky or CNN (actually I'm not getting any news from those particular sources) - I'm getting it from Turkish people. I teach ESL, and that means loads of people from all around the world come in and out of my school all the time. We've had lots of Turkish folks in the last few years, ranging from young cosmopolitans who could have been from anywhere in the Western world to devout women replete with headscarves and abayas. These aren't emigres, either; they're people with a vested interest in the future of their country (though they are usually pretty wealthy, which is worth noting). Every Turkish student I've met barring a few of the extremely religious ones have made unsolicited comments about how much they hate Erdogan.

Let's say they represent even as low 1/3 of the population. Erdogan tightening his grip is catastrophic for tens of millions of people. And that's not to mention the rest of the world.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2016, 06:02:46 pm »
Another despot in the making using a fake coup in order to consolidate power and rid himself of his opposition. The sad thing is that the Turkish population actually think this is a victory for democracy.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2016, 06:08:06 pm »
I am really surprised to see many Erdogan supportive arguments here, he has been feeding ISIS, he is jailing most number of journalists in the world. Since he has been in power, this country suffered most terror attacks in their history, we managed to be the 2nd most corrupt country in the world. 50% of the country hates him with passion and even though many of that 50% also hates military coups, i am pretty sure, they would be all celebrating if Erdogan was taken down yesterday.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2016, 06:10:16 pm »
Another despot in the making using a fake coup in order to consolidate power and rid himself of his opposition. The sad thing is that the Turkish population actually think this is a victory for democracy.

Not us, only AKP supporters. Which is ironic because until yesterday all they were saying is democracy is a lie, it has to be islam shariah, not western invention word like democracy. Then yesterday all mosques asking those radical islamic people to "go to streets to fight for your democracy"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2016, 06:14:53 pm »
Not us, only AKP supporters. Which is ironic because until yesterday all they were saying is democracy is a lie, it has to be islam shariah, not western invention word like democracy. Then yesterday all mosques asking those radical islamic people to "go to streets to fight for your democracy"
the irony is, that the application of Shariah across a nation, is forcing shariah onto a western legal system which it was never designed for....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2016, 06:28:30 pm »
and let's take a close look at those who were fighting for democracy yesterday,they sure look like democracy is their priority.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:30:54 pm by elsewhere »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2016, 06:53:44 pm »
15m people voted against brexit, yet we are exiting, that's democracy.
Whether Ergodan is popular or not is neither here or there, he was democratically elected and he will need to be democratically voted out, you don't overturn a democratic choice by force, not to mention the 200 deaths.

Offline terrible suits

• Formerly: terrisus
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Justice for the 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2016, 07:02:31 pm »

And apparently some people in this thread as well.
"Democracy."

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2016, 07:03:02 pm »
I am really surprised to see many Erdogan supportive arguments here, he has been feeding ISIS, he is jailing most number of journalists in the world. Since he has been in power, this country suffered most terror attacks in their history, we managed to be the 2nd most corrupt country in the world. 50% of the country hates him with passion and even though many of that 50% also hates military coups, i am pretty sure, they would be all celebrating if Erdogan was taken down yesterday.

I am sorry but this does not make any sense considering Erdogan making Turkey one of the most powerful economies in the world and tripling the average income per person.  Can you provide a link to a research about Turkey being the 2nd most corrupted ?

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2016, 07:08:10 pm »
15m people voted against brexit, yet we are exiting, that's democracy.
Whether Ergodan is popular or not is neither here or there, he was democratically elected and he will need to be democratically voted out, you don't overturn a democratic choice by force, not to mention the 200 deaths.

I doubt the population will get a fair chance to remove him from now on as he seems to be going after all opposition to him including 2700 judges only 12 hours after this supposed coup attempt, yet that's enough time to verify their guilt. Whichever way you look at it democracy is already dead in Turkey.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2016, 07:15:33 pm »
I am sorry but this does not make any sense considering Erdogan making Turkey one of the most powerful economies in the world and tripling the average income per person.  Can you provide a link to a research about Turkey being the 2nd most corrupted ?

Who is telling you all these? Turkey is one of the most powerful economies in the world? Even Erdogan supporters would laugh at that one.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2016, 07:20:50 pm »
Yeah, obviously a fairly large segment of the public, I imagine including you, does love him. I don't think that's in doubt. But I'm not getting all of my news from Sky or CNN (actually I'm not getting any news from those particular sources) - I'm getting it from Turkish people. I teach ESL, and that means loads of people from all around the world come in and out of my school all the time. We've had lots of Turkish folks in the last few years, ranging from young cosmopolitans who could have been from anywhere in the Western world to devout women replete with headscarves and abayas. These aren't emigres, either; they're people with a vested interest in the future of their country (though they are usually pretty wealthy, which is worth noting). Every Turkish student I've met barring a few of the extremely religious ones have made unsolicited comments about how much they hate Erdogan.

Let's say they represent even as low 1/3 of the population. Erdogan tightening his grip is catastrophic for tens of millions of people. And that's not to mention the rest of the world.

I'm an ESL teacher as well and I met a couple of Turkish girls on my travels last year. They had nothing positive to say about the undemocratic society he has created. They confirmed as well that his reign is perpetrated by rigged elections. My fear about this attempted coup is that is will give Erdogan an excuse to crack down further on freedoms. That said, maybe that was the plan all along.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2016, 07:41:25 pm »

It doesn't sound incorrect to me anyway, from the experience we have had at the Turkish branch of the company I work at.

Sudden changes in regulations which mean that by a stunning coincidence contracts are lost to organisations controlled by those close to Erdogan.

That appears to not be a particularly uncommon occurance either

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2016, 07:59:40 pm »
Are the reports of ISIS style beheadings of soldiers who surrendered in the coup true? Fucking hell.
Justice for the 97

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2016, 08:11:47 pm »
Are the reports of ISIS style beheadings of soldiers who surrendered in the coup true? Fucking hell.

Afraid to say it happened. which is not shocking because many AKP supporters openly support/approve ISIS.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:14:20 pm by elsewhere »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2016, 08:13:12 pm »
Can you provide a link to a research about Turkey being the 2nd most corrupted ?

My bad, we are 2nd out of 35 countries, it was list of OECD. But i have belief that if we work hard enough, we can make it to Top 3 in the world too.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-oecd-2016-1?utm_content=buffer072e5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2016, 08:59:46 pm »
What a lovely man Erdogan is:

Abdullah Ayasun (@abyasun)
2 hours ago - View on Twitter
Erdogan speaks to cheering crowd: 'Your demand for death penalty for pro-coup troops will be considered in Parliament.' Scary days ahead.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2016, 09:15:15 pm »
Because he is loyal to his nation, he wanted Turkey to be a force again and he managed to do it .. Turkey voice now is respected and its economy is one of the most powerful in the world.
Funny you should say that, if by respected you mean joke who everyone suspects of being on the same side as ISIS, then yes sure, respected.

We had this thing here recently, you might have heard about it, Brexit, the referendum, a vote if the UK wanted to remain in the EU or not? Well, one of the big selling points that got people to vote to leave is the potential that Turkey might one day be allowed in. Millions of people in this country respect Turkey soooo much, they would rather set themselves on fire and jump off a cliff than be in a club you might, just might be allowed into.
Funny thing is that you never will be, for lots of reasons. But currently because your leader is a despotic nutcase who cant a joke and everyone thinks your country a friend of terrorists. If not actually aiding them, then turning a blind eye enabling them to go back and forth, smuggle oil, people traffic and get into western Europe to murder people in the street.

If Turkey wasnt strategically important to NATO and the oil industry, the sky would be full of USAF Reaper drones.

If it goes full radical, America and NATO will have to pull out. Cant risk the nukes stationed there falling into the wrong hands. Then its at the mercy of ISIS and Russia, and will likely fall into the chaos thats going on in the rest of the region.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2016, 09:17:58 pm »
Scum of a human being who as others have said, has cultivated ISIS and made Turkey 'great' through destabilising the region, and now wants to hold the rest of Europe to ransom as well.

Love how his supporters never mention his treatment of Kurds, and dissidents.

A cretin, who may/may not have helped stage this farce of a coup, but I'm glad to see it fools only the few. I hope he'll eventually meet the same fate as Egypt's Morsi (another caveman).

Online KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2016, 09:22:52 pm »
What a lovely man Erdogan is:

Abdullah Ayasun (@abyasun)
2 hours ago - View on Twitter
Erdogan speaks to cheering crowd: 'Your demand for death penalty for pro-coup troops will be considered in Parliament.' Scary days ahead.

Well that's them remaining out of the E.U.

1. Everyone has the right to life.
2. No one shall be condemned to the death penalty, or executed.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/charter/pdf/text_en.pdf

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2016, 09:23:39 pm »

Who is telling you all these? Turkey is one of the most powerful economies in the world? Even Erdogan supporters would laugh at that one.

Nobody. Its facts..

Turkey has the 18th largest nominal GDP and 15th largest GDP by PPP and the average income per person nearly tripled. Extreme poverty fell from 13 to 4.5 percent and moderate poverty fell from 44 to 21 percent . Turkish exports increased to 144 billion USD from 36 billion all under Erdogan leadership ..   

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2016, 09:26:18 pm »
Well that's them remaining out of the E.U.

1. Everyone has the right to life.
2. No one shall be condemned to the death penalty, or executed.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/charter/pdf/text_en.pdf

They weren't entering the EU for decades regardless. Those leaflets from the Leave campaign were pure nonsense.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2016, 09:29:02 pm »
Whatever you may think about Erdogan, its fair to say that the coup was one of the most stupid military and political moves ever.

Online KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2016, 09:33:22 pm »
They weren't entering the EU for decades regardless.

sigh.