Author Topic: Lost Samsung S6 Phone  (Read 909 times)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Lost Samsung S6 Phone
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:17:42 pm »
Like a tit, I lost my Samsung S6 last night because I was absolutely pissed.  :no

The battery had run out and I phoned Vodafone when I got home to lock it. My question is, is there is a way of trying to get your contacts back? I Googled it and for some stupid reason only five contacts have appeared in my Gmail.

I also tried that Find my mobile thing that Samsung offer, load of shite, keeps throwing me back to the log in screen.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lost Samsung S6 Phone
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 06:25:40 pm »
Don't think there's a chance you can get your contacts back if you have not backed them up.
If you use, and back up whatsapp you may be able to get your message history back when you install again on your new phone with your old number. Maybe get some of your contacts back that way?

For future reference, the first thing i do when i get a new phone is install https://www.cerberusapp.com/home/en

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:54:09 pm »
Aren't the contacts always backed up to your Google account?  I have an S6 and mine get backed up every night.  Have you logged into your Google account on a PC and seen if they are visible there or in the Contacts section of Gmail?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 03:16:36 am »
Aren't the contacts always backed up to your Google account?  I have an S6 and mine get backed up every night.  Have you logged into your Google account on a PC and seen if they are visible there or in the Contacts section of Gmail?
I Googled it and for some stupid reason only five contacts have appeared in my Gmail.

None of mine back up to my google account, because I changed the settings. All saved on my sim.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT