Author Topic: Members sale 2016/17  (Read 223883 times)

Offline Scouse_12

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members sale 2016/17
« Reply #3080 on: March 5, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »
Apologies if this has been answered before but what is the best way to get rid of my 2 tickets to the Burnley game?

I live in Canada and won't be able to make it due to work. Was really banking on game being moved due to FA Cup but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3081 on: March 5, 2017, 05:01:30 pm »
Apologies if this has been answered before but what is the best way to get rid of my 2 tickets to the Burnley game?

I live in Canada and won't be able to make it due to work. Was really banking on game being moved due to FA Cup but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Where did you get them from? Membership? Can only get a club refund 2 weeks before the game. Not sure what postage is like from Canada to UK but could try the exchange on here too.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Scouse_12

• Main Stander
« Reply #3082 on: March 5, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »
Where did you get them from? Membership? Can only get a club refund 2 weeks before the game. Not sure what postage is like from Canada to UK but could try the exchange on here too.

Yes I got them through the membership.

How does the Exchange work? The ticket is on a membership card so how do I go about doing that?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3083 on: March 5, 2017, 07:13:04 pm »

How does the Exchange work? The ticket is on a membership card so how do I go about doing that?

A mod will start a thread here http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=20.0. If you ask in the feedback part of the forum one will be opened when they see it.

Check the Arsenal thread to see how it works. Simply just post that you've got spares, how much you're looking for them, and that you'll post them to whoever wants them. But again, not sure how postage will work between Canada and UK, if you could guarantee they'd arrive in time.

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3084 on: March 6, 2017, 09:52:55 am »

If u dont have time for postage then who ever u sell to can pick paper tickets up at the window. Explain the situation or tell them u have lost the cards. Will cost u £10 per ticket.

Offline SweetLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #3085 on: March 6, 2017, 10:29:02 am »
I have two tickets for Bournemouth, one of them an over-65s ticket originally bought for my father. He can no longer make the game though - is it possible to 'convert' it to an adult ticket?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3086 on: March 6, 2017, 10:30:41 am »
I have two tickets for Bournemouth, one of them an over-65s ticket originally bought for my father. He can no longer make the game though - is it possible to 'convert' it to an adult ticket?

Give the club a ring. They should be able to sort it.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3087 on: March 6, 2017, 11:48:18 am »
Couple of Burnley singles just popped up

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3088 on: March 6, 2017, 11:54:52 am »
Couple of Burnley singles just popped up

No pairs  :no

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #3089 on: March 6, 2017, 06:30:44 pm »
Give the club a ring. They should be able to sort it.

I successfully did this this morning. Was going to take my nephew (child) but he's got something on now. Swapped it to his dad no bother and paid the difference over the phone.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." - Bill Shankly

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3090 on: March 6, 2017, 07:19:25 pm »
I successfully did this this morning. Was going to take my nephew (child) but he's got something on now. Swapped it to his dad no bother and paid the difference over the phone.

All good, but surly that option should be available online.
That and returning tickets..

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #3091 on: March 6, 2017, 09:22:35 pm »
All good, but surly that option should be available online.
That and returning tickets..

You'd think so but the system is horrible as we all know. Still, I would rather the piece of mind so went through the hassle. 5 min phone call.

I imagine stuff like this could get quite expensive for those based abroad which fortunately I'm not.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." - Bill Shankly

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #3092 on: March 6, 2017, 09:29:33 pm »
I'm also a game away from the next tiering of eligibilty. So need to buy one more ticket to a game I'm already not going to this season. Anyone thought of writing a script re alerts for Late Member Sales? Maybe someone has done. I check most days but, ya'know, life.

The whole system as a horrorshow

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3093 on: March 7, 2017, 12:26:34 am »
I'm also a game away from the next tiering of eligibilty. So need to buy one more ticket to a game I'm already not going to this season. Anyone thought of writing a script re alerts for Late Member Sales? Maybe someone has done. I check most days but, ya'know, life.

Care to elaborate on what you're touting there?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3094 on: March 7, 2017, 07:43:43 am »

I imagined people attend the matches because they wanted to see Liverpool play..

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3095 on: March 7, 2017, 08:27:34 am »
Care to elaborate on what you're touting there?

A script that checks the ticketing website for any tickets that pop up and alerts you in some way - sends you an email or whatever.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3096 on: March 7, 2017, 10:03:55 am »
I imagined people attend the matches because they wanted to see Liverpool play..

Haha you tell naive. People buy tickets to get themselves up towards 15 credits so they can get the best seats or to get on the Kop. Then they give them out to friends at face value and attend the matches they want.

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #3097 on: March 7, 2017, 10:34:46 am »

I want to watch Liverpool play as much as possible. I don't know, like most people, my calendar 6 months in advance. I thought I was going to be away with work so didn't buy tickets in April and May. But I'm at home so want tickets. As I thought I was away I'm dropping down a tiering so will find it harder to watch my team next season, compounding the problem. The current system would have rewarded me for buying tickets to matches I 'knew' I couldn't attend to maintain my status. It's illogical. 

I'm talking about a script that alerts you to a sale so you can then jump online, not some bot that physically buys them. The club could even put ticket sale notifications in their official app. Much better than, say, selected quotes from a Klopp interview that was in the Echo hrs before the club decides to spam you.

« Last Edit: March 7, 2017, 11:46:07 am by roots99 »

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #3098 on: March 7, 2017, 11:01:53 am »
A script that checks the ticketing website for any tickets that pop up and alerts you in some way - sends you an email or whatever.

Exactly this. I'm not touting anything.

It's just every company in the free world manages to alert its customers (hate that word in relation to football) about sales. It's not a difficult thing to do. Just yesterday the club sent out mail about '20% off training kit - sale ends Sunday etc'. They have our addresses. So why have ninja sales which rely on members checking the site daily? Why not send us notifications.

From the club's pov: We've had a bunch of returns, we'll be putting them up for sale in the usual manner at X time for Y price.
From the fans' pov: Sound, means I don't have to get up and check every morning, which is a total pain, especially when working nights.

But the club moves at a snail's pace about everything. I've send them a few emails about this before. So I was wondering whether someone had thought about this before. I imagine someone has.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3099 on: March 7, 2017, 07:35:57 pm »
I want to watch Liverpool play as much as possible. I don't know, like most people, my calendar 6 months in advance. I thought I was going to be away with work so didn't buy tickets in April and May. But I'm at home so want tickets. As I thought I was away I'm dropping down a tiering so will find it harder to watch my team next season, compounding the problem. The current system would have rewarded me for buying tickets to matches I 'knew' I couldn't attend to maintain my status. It's illogical. 

I'm talking about a script that alerts you to a sale so you can then jump online, not some bot that physically buys them. The club could even put ticket sale notifications in their official app. Much better than, say, selected quotes from a Klopp interview that was in the Echo hrs before the club decides to spam you.

Fair enough!

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: March 8, 2017, 09:59:53 am »
Loads of Burnley up now

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #3101 on: March 9, 2017, 08:15:44 pm »
Fair enough!

My fault for not explaining better. If you look in the official app under Settings there is an option to turn Ticket General and Ticket Members alerts on and off. The club is 1/2 way there but just choose not to. I don't think I've ever received one for a game that wasn't a friendly?

I sit next to a Hammer at work. They send him details about returns for every match. I know the supply / demand equation is different for Liverpool but even the free software the kids' team I'm involved with uses does this. Our clubhouse can only seat 25-30 parents after the kids are in for our fundraisers. When we get returns and put them back on sale all the parents are automatically alerted then first come first served at a given time.

Anything that makes official channels easier like this - or being able to swap the name on linked Fancards online as you said earlier - will reduce touting.

Though I now see there is a thread discussing exactly this at the top of this section. Maybe I should have put these musings there. Apologies.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3102 on: March 9, 2017, 08:46:04 pm »
Loads of Burnley up now

i always seem to miss them

Offline GMac1984

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3103 on: March 10, 2017, 08:40:14 am »
There is a pair in Lower Cent Block KH if someone is quick...

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3104 on: March 10, 2017, 08:57:22 am »
missed it :(

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3105 on: March 10, 2017, 09:00:46 am »
some just gone up in the Kop, main stand and centenary but they are all singles

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #3106 on: March 10, 2017, 07:08:07 pm »
Still official match breaks and hospitality tickets for tomorrow though. The club being happy to let seats go spare at the expense of people still happy to pay £50+ annoys the fuck out of me.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3107 on: March 10, 2017, 07:17:13 pm »
Still official match breaks and hospitality tickets for tomorrow though. The club being happy to let seats go spare at the expense of people still happy to pay £50+ annoys the fuck out of me.

They probably sell/give them to staff.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #3108 on: March 10, 2017, 09:37:27 pm »
They probably sell/give them to staff.

Hope so

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: March 11, 2017, 09:36:03 am »
Why not send us notifications.

LFC put zero effort in because they've zero need to. They sell themselves.

There is/was an official LFC late sales text messaging service you can sign up to. It costs - but it does/did what you are asking.

If you get what you wish for here - you'll likely wish you didn't ask - because instead of a few hundred knowing to check the sale dates you'll have thousands on e-mail alerts and you will likely miss out.

It's all shite though isn't it? Need another 40,000 seats.

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #3110 on: March 12, 2017, 09:00:27 pm »
A friend of mine went this morning at the ticket office and bought a ticket without a membership card. It happened against Spurs last month. Has someone got an explanation for this?

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3111 on: March 13, 2017, 12:47:20 pm »
A friend of mine went this morning at the ticket office and bought a ticket without a membership card. It happened against Spurs last month. Has someone got an explanation for this?

Maybe a little further clarification would be nice

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3112 on: March 14, 2017, 04:10:59 pm »

You can't buy tickets from the ground.  He might have bought it on line then had to pick it up from the ticket office, e.g. if it was a local sale.

Unless if you can buy hospitality from the ground. 

Local sales and hospitalities are the only two paper tickets you can buy that I can think of.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #3113 on: March 14, 2017, 07:52:54 pm »
How has spares been for home games this season? Few of my mates want to go for Southampton home game, but I've already sorted some other mates out and they have been left dry. What are the chances?

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #3114 on: March 14, 2017, 08:28:22 pm »
You can't buy tickets from the ground.  He might have bought it on line then had to pick it up from the ticket office, e.g. if it was a local sale.

Unless if you can buy hospitality from the ground. 

Local sales and hospitalities are the only two paper tickets you can buy that I can think of.

He defitinely bought it. He went to the ticket office to collect the ticket for his son and he asked if they had any tickets. And they sold him a ticket in the kop for £37.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3115 on: March 14, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »
How has spares been for home games this season? Few of my mates want to go for Southampton home game, but I've already sorted some other mates out and they have been left dry. What are the chances?

If they are members then they can wait for the late all members sale. If they are on the ball they will get one

Offline danielevans

• Main Stander
« Reply #3116 on: March 15, 2017, 09:00:35 am »
On match days I have brought an additional ticket for my Dad many a time when I have already used my membership card for myself. They actually have the sense to sell a seat which is going empty 2 hours before kick off. Just play the desperate card they normally"see what they have left". Southampton in the cup went back on sale to members after the general sale a few days before the Wednesday. Got an extra printed ticket when I already had my ACS. Only times I have not got a ticket is when they assure me it's sold out.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: March 15, 2017, 09:54:17 am »
Didn't know this, probably not going to renew membership so might give it a go next season.  There's been a few times as well where I've managed to get tickets outside for below face value from credit hunters.  Can't see it working for big matches though.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3118 on: March 15, 2017, 10:54:10 am »
My uncle got one for the derby from the ticket office the day of the game last season.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3119 on: March 15, 2017, 08:28:28 pm »
Got a mate living in Sweden he and his friends (8 in total) order a membership once it was £10. Probably by the 23-24th on February, the package (light memberships) was shipped out in the 27th according to the tracking in the official website.
They still haven't received anything.. apparently I'd said 4-6 weeks in the confirmation email. But surly there's no postal option that takes 15+ days for a delivery inside Europe in 2017?

Anyone else had any issues with rediculess long delivery times for a single memberships card?