Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 105885 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2016, 10:12:37 am »
Lucas would have offered a wall in front of defence breaking up the oppositions game.

I do like Lucas but this isn't something that happens anymore.  How often has Lucas played over the past 2 seasons where we've shipped quite a few goals?  Him being in the team is no guarantee that we'll keep a clean sheet.  It's down to the team as a whole and yesterday we just fell to pieces as soon as they started playing it on the ground instead of knocking it long.  The problem is that when a team presses us, we just cannot keep possession and don't have the pace in wide areas to make them think twice about it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2016, 10:18:53 am »
Yeah, unfair.

But, the second half made me long for Lucas.

Can to me, along with Origi, has been the bright sparks of this season.

But, 22, not ready and it is understandable.

The bolded part being key here.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2016, 10:33:08 am »
It reminded me of the Southampton game, go in ahead at half time but come out in the second half to an opposition who have changed shape and mentality and we don't/can't react, either from the bench or on the pitch, until it's too late.

Almost a carbon copy, except we were 2 up, instead of 1, complete with the offside goal for us to.

We were swamped in the middle and didn't do anything about it

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2016, 06:30:27 pm »
I'm looking forward to seeing him surrounded by better players next season. We have enough TNT in midfield in Hendo, Milner, Allen and Can, but we don't have the craftsmanship to carve a game. I'm not sure who we will buy, but I'm excited.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #164 on: June 9, 2016, 10:37:27 pm »
Lots of reports we're offering Can a longer contract on improved wages, good for him and good reward for the progress he's made.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #165 on: June 9, 2016, 10:41:02 pm »
Lots of reports we're offering Can a longer contract on improved wages, good for him and good reward for the progress he's made.

Makes a lot of sense after the improvement we've seen in him.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: June 9, 2016, 10:44:03 pm »
Yep, richly deserved! Hope he's here for a long, long time.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #167 on: June 9, 2016, 10:49:52 pm »
Fully deserved, he's going to be the cornerstone of our midfield for years to come. 

He's been brilliant for Klopp, looking forward to watching him continue to develop and improve in a Liverpool shirt.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #168 on: June 9, 2016, 10:53:47 pm »
Only a matter of time before he takes over the armband.

He communicates constantly on the pitch and is also one of our better performers and a natural leader to boot.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #169 on: June 9, 2016, 11:14:35 pm »
Only a matter of time before he takes over the armband.

He communicates constantly on the pitch and is also one of our better performers and a natural leader to boot.
Fully agreed.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #170 on: June 9, 2016, 11:16:48 pm »
Great news.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #171 on: June 9, 2016, 11:25:41 pm »
This is how to start preparing for next season, nail down your true talents first. Nice one, let's hope Emre signs quick. We should build stars, not sell future ones!

And Our Emre seems to have future star written all over him.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2016, 07:43:29 am »
Great news. Emre Can is our best central midfielder at the moment.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2016, 02:28:34 am »
Of course Jürgen wants to talk about Can's future days. It's a boss album.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2016, 04:26:15 am »
Of course Jürgen wants to talk about Can's future days. It's a boss album.

I wonder who will partner him next season? It takes two to Tago Mago in midfield.
We are Liverpool!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2016, 05:44:43 pm »
I wonder who will partner him next season? It takes two to Tago Mago in midfield.

Probably a Neu signing

Offline anoopvk

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2016, 04:55:39 am »
Our Captain?
"We must turn from doubters to believers"

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2016, 06:49:59 am »
https://youtu.be/P37cxcmWMfE

Fantastic compilation of the tank's best season to date.
Emre has a big future in the game,  and in a year or two he is going to be world  class.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2016, 01:38:36 am »
For my 4000th post I wanted to say something monumental:

Emre, if I ever turn, I want your babies you sexy man beast

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2016, 05:38:06 am »

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2016, 09:28:18 am »
Glad he's staying fit on his holiday

https://twitter.com/AnfieldExpress/status/747568407676067840

Always baffles me that you see players doing brilliant things like this in training yet you'd never see him do that in a game when one on one with a keeper. He's just hit it at the keeper or something.
Believe

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2016, 09:47:23 am »
Always baffles me that you see players doing brilliant things like this in training yet you'd never see him do that in a game when one on one with a keeper. He's just hit it at the keeper or something.
Does it really baffle you? Extra pressure, pace, tiredness in a real life game compared to a kick about game in training. In a real game the lad challenging him will bring him down for a foul and take a yellow, in training he lets him wiggle free.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2016, 10:06:36 am »
Does it really baffle you? Extra pressure, pace, tiredness in a real life game compared to a kick about game in training. In a real game the lad challenging him will bring him down for a foul and take a yellow, in training he lets him wiggle free.

So the player will magically teleport? I wasn't talking about the lad who could have brought him down. I was talking about the finish.

Surprise surprise the lads who do finish exactly the same in games and don't succumb to pressure are the ones who are the best players.
Believe

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2016, 10:58:26 am »

I hope him and Henderson develop a real Harmonia-s relationship and get a Cluster of goals between them.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2016, 12:42:40 pm »
For my 4000th post I wanted to say something monumental:

Emre, if I ever turn, I want your babies you sexy man beast

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2016, 02:16:50 pm »
So the player will magically teleport? I wasn't talking about the lad who could have brought him down. I was talking about the finish.

Surprise surprise the lads who do finish exactly the same in games and don't succumb to pressure are the ones who are the best players.

In a pressure situation it takes a special belief in your abilities to be trying a finish like that. Got to back yourself as a player always though, imo.
YNWA.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2016, 02:44:15 pm »
No shit Sherlock hence the;

Always baffles me
Is anything but baffling as the best ones have the mental strength to do it when it matters.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »
No shit Sherlock hence the;
Is anything but baffling as the best ones have the mental strength to do it when it matters.

Ehm.. yeah that's why it baffles me. Players must know staying calm is what takes them to the next level but still don't do it.
Believe

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »
Ehm.. yeah that's why it baffles me. Players must know staying calm is what takes them to the next level but still don't do it.

Because calmness or a lack of calmness is rarely a conscious, thought out, choice and more of an instinctive reaction to the emerging situation around you. It's a little bit scary that you don't know that.

And come on, Emre is very rarely in a position like that with that much freedom and space to get up that close to the keeper in a match situation.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2016, 03:08:01 pm »
Because calmness or a lack of calmness is rarely a conscious, thought out, choice and more of an instinctive reaction to the emerging situation around you. It's a little bit scary that you don't know that.

And come on, Emre is very rarely in a position like that with that much freedom and space to get up that close to the keeper in a match situation.

Yeah it's hugely fucking scary that you think you can't control your state of panic or calmness. I'm willing to bet you've slated our defence in the past for panicking. Why do that? I mean, they can't control the fact they panic can they?

Except they can. Mental to suggest otherwise. The advice pretty much every top striker always suggests when through on goal is 'stay calm' so are they lying as well?

Plus football players are going out on to a field to play a game of football. Something they have done hundreds of times in their life. Something they do every day in training. It's literally their job. They know the situations they face. They know at some point the ball might fall to them in front of goal. That's literally the point of football, to put it in the other teams net and keep it out of yours. Being calm is a conscious decision. The arent jumping into water on holiday and suddenly seeing a shark 3 feet from them. They are literally doing what they practice to do every single day.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:10:41 pm by King Klopp. »
Believe

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2016, 03:09:15 pm »
Yeah it's hugely fucking scary that you think you can't control your state of panic or calmness. I'm willing to bet you've slated our defence in the past for panicking. Why do that? I mean, they can't control the fact they panic can they?

Except they can. Mental to suggest otherwise. The advice pretty much every top striker always suggests when through on goal is 'stay calm' so are they lying as well?

I didn't say that you can't control it. (If you could, though, you presumably would have responded in a more measured fashion, rather than get all shouty and personal like this.)

Let's try it:
Calm down.

Do you feel calmer now?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2016, 03:11:54 pm »
I didn't say that you can't control it. (If you could, though, you presumably would have responded in a more measured fashion, rather than get all shouty and personal like this.)

Let's try it:
Calm down.

Do you feel calmer now?

Shouty and personal? You mean by responding to your claims it's 'scary' I don't know something by suggesting the opposite? Yes, very personal indeed  ::)
Believe

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2016, 03:14:34 pm »
Shouty and personal? You mean by responding to your claims it's 'scary' I don't know something by suggesting the opposite? Yes, very personal indeed  ::)

Well, either you're the Terminator, which you must admit is a little scary for the rest of us, or you have got through life with no awareness whatsoever of how other people work, which is scary for you.

Calling someone "mental" is really not ok, by the way. That upsets people, and with good reason. (And not because their coaches have told them to get upset, do you see?)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2016, 03:20:23 pm »
Well, either you're the Terminator, which you must admit is a little scary for the rest of us, or you have got through life with no awareness whatsoever of how other people work, which is scary for you.

Calling someone "mental" is really not ok, by the way. That upsets people, and with good reason. (And not because their coaches have told them to get upset, do you see?)

You seem to either be ignoring my point deliberately or just not reading properly because I can't make it much clearer.

I didn't say calm in life did I? There's a difference between being calm in life situations and being calm in front of goal when literally what you do every day is to practice putting a ball in a goal and get paid thousands of pounds a week to do so.

And if you get offended at a flippant use of a word like mental, then I don't know how you manage to get through life to be honest
Believe

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2016, 03:22:50 pm »
I didn't say calm in life did I? There's a difference between being calm in life situations and being calm in front of goal when literally what you do every day is to practice putting a ball in a goal and get paid thousands of pounds a week to do so.

Other people make the judgements about how much to pay them though.

You could pay me twelve grand a minute to sit in a tub of eels but it doesn't mean I'd suddenly like the fuckers because I'm being paid.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2016, 03:26:41 pm »
Other people make the judgements about how much to pay them though.

You could pay me twelve grand a minute to sit in a tub of eels but it doesn't mean I'd suddenly like the fuckers because I'm being paid.

I honestly don't know what on earth you are talking about.

Playing football is their job. The job they trained years for. The job they choose.

If you spent a decade sitting in eels every day and became a pro eel tub sitter then yeah, after a decade of sitting in eels every day I'd expect you to be calm sitting in eels.
Believe

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2016, 03:28:07 pm »
Anyone worry that Can is not getting any mins in the Euro? Maybe a better view of his ability? So many liverpool players have gone as tourists !
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2016, 03:31:29 pm »
Anyone worry that Can is not getting any mins in the Euro? Maybe a better view of his ability? So many liverpool players have gone as tourists !

Not bothered, less chance of an injury or burn out.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2016, 03:34:34 pm »
There is that , i prefer if none had gone. But it shows how poor our squad is? Belgium brought an unknown striker on ahead of our 2!! England is a different story cos of Hodgson but still shows that we have not many if any top class players. I trust Klopp but he has his work cut out.
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »
There is that , i prefer if none had gone. But it shows how poor our squad is? Belgium brought an unknown striker on ahead of our 2!! England is a different story cos of Hodgson but still shows that we have not many if any top class players. I trust Klopp but he has his work cut out.

Who did Belgium bring out? Please don't say Batshuayi.