Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 584384 times)

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #2760 on: February 4, 2020, 11:11:08 pm »
I love this man so much.

That is all.

And can you believe we signed him on a free? Do you think he will go down as our best ever free signing? He’s everything you would want in a leader
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2761 on: February 4, 2020, 11:30:25 pm »
Going to be a great Inside Anfield!

Love the inside Anfield videos. Hoping to see his celebration ha

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2762 on: February 4, 2020, 11:41:40 pm »
Future assistant manager, this guy

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2763 on: February 5, 2020, 12:09:46 am »
And can you believe we signed him on a free? Do you think he will go down as our best ever free signing? He’s everything you would want in a leader

He's lifted the CL, Supercup, FIFA CWC, and is months away from another (for him) PL win.  I reckon he's overtaken Gary Mac as our best freebie for sure.

He's definitely coach/assistant manager material.  I'm almost certain the club will find a role for him someplace at the club when he hangs up his boots.  At the very least a part time Ambassador role if he wants to check back in with Leeds first.  He is the consummate professional.  Probably been a rock for Henderson as well. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2764 on: February 5, 2020, 12:25:09 am »
The absolute main fella.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #2765 on: February 5, 2020, 01:07:03 am »
Did I hear he spoke in the dressing room to the lads?, great bloke
walk on...walk on...

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2766 on: February 5, 2020, 02:01:15 am »
He's lifted the CL, Supercup, FIFA CWC, and is months away from another (for him) PL win.  I reckon he's overtaken Gary Mac as our best freebie for sure.

He's definitely coach/assistant manager material.  I'm almost certain the club will find a role for him someplace at the club when he hangs up his boots.  At the very least a part time Ambassador role if he wants to check back in with Leeds first.  He is the consummate professional.  Probably been a rock for Henderson as well.

I think it is quite a while before he is retired as he appears to be look after his fitness very well. I think there are many years of football left for him. If he goes on to play in Saudi Arabia, he could play till he is 50.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2767 on: February 5, 2020, 02:01:44 am »
We really are lucky to have a guy like Milner. Class act.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2768 on: February 5, 2020, 03:25:15 am »
The model professional.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2769 on: February 5, 2020, 03:26:40 am »
Should definitely offer him a youth coaching gig at the end of his career to keep him on.

He'll be a genuine legend that's won the lot with the club by the end, and someone the next generation young players will be able to learn from and look up to.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2770 on: February 5, 2020, 05:08:33 am »
Should definitely offer him a youth coaching gig at the end of his career to keep him on.

He'll be a genuine legend that's won the lot with the club by the end, and someone the next generation young players will be able to learn from and look up to.

In general, we need to stop this nonsense of looking to ex-pros to get automatic coaching gigs on the basis of their playing days. In 2020, we have enough evidence at this point to know there's no correlation between playing career and coaching effectiveness.

But I'd make an exception for Milly. He's going to be bloody great at whatever he does.

Future Liverpool manager

;D ;D ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #2771 on: February 5, 2020, 07:48:05 am »
He doesn't need to think about coaching as he's another 3/4 seasons left playing for us.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2772 on: February 5, 2020, 08:15:33 am »
Did I hear he spoke in the dressing room to the lads?, great bloke

Yes. He asked permission from Critchley first to 1) be at the game and 2) go into the dressing room, both of which Critchley looked surprised at being asked, it was all course you can - shows his class when he thinks of the manager first and asks, rather than just walk in as some players (not LFC I hasten to add) would think they could just breeze in.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: February 5, 2020, 08:30:15 am »
Yes. He asked permission from Critchley first to 1) be at the game and 2) go into the dressing room, both of which Critchley looked surprised at being asked, it was all course you can - shows his class when he thinks of the manager first and asks, rather than just walk in as some players (not LFC I hasten to add) would think they could just breeze in.

Don't forget he trained with them also.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2774 on: February 5, 2020, 08:48:12 am »

Boss.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #2775 on: February 5, 2020, 08:57:45 am »
He's a good man.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2776 on: February 5, 2020, 09:06:39 am »
Don't forget he trained with them also.

Did he give them Ribena?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2777 on: February 5, 2020, 09:09:20 am »
I love him. My favourite player in the team and that says a lot as our team is full of players I absolutely adore.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2778 on: February 5, 2020, 10:27:27 am »
What a guy! Blessed to have him around.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #2779 on: February 5, 2020, 10:36:20 am »
What a player, and what a man.  Epitomises everything good about this club at the moment.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2780 on: February 5, 2020, 11:07:28 am »
In general, we need to stop this nonsense of looking to ex-pros to get automatic coaching gigs on the basis of their playing days. In 2020, we have enough evidence at this point to know there's no correlation between playing career and coaching effectiveness.

But I'd make an exception for Milly. He's going to be bloody great at whatever he does.

Future Liverpool manager

;D ;D ;D
I share your views on ex-pros and coaching.
Where the likes of Milner will really help us is by being a role model and mentor. I hear plenty of stories about younger pros who've achieved nothing, earning fortunes, going out drinking and spending loads. Getting advice first hand from someone who has achieved what he has, and who looks after himself the way he does will be invaluable to us.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2781 on: February 5, 2020, 11:12:53 am »
I often say I have to work late to avoid spending time with the wife and kids but you don’t see me being praised to the rafters for it.  ::)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2782 on: February 5, 2020, 12:03:24 pm »
Did he give them Ribena?

He obviously gave Curt a Rabona for later use...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2783 on: February 5, 2020, 12:09:25 pm »
Would love him to manage Liverpool one day.

So much experience and an absolute pro
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2784 on: February 5, 2020, 12:34:35 pm »
A really good fella this one, absolute inspiration to the youngsters and older pros alike.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2785 on: February 5, 2020, 12:56:39 pm »
If he goes on to play in Saudi Arabia, he could play till he is 50.

I know what you're saying but I can't imagine a player less likely to go to Saudi Arabia (or China, or even the US).

I could imagine him becoming player-manager of Leeds, though - if they lose their patience with Bielsa. But would rather he just stays with us.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #2786 on: February 5, 2020, 01:07:55 pm »
what a hero. Love him. Balls of steel that man has taking last minute pens etc. Best free transfer in the history of the PL if not football. Top processional 

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2787 on: February 5, 2020, 01:21:18 pm »
what a hero. Love him. Balls of steel that man has taking last minute pens etc. Best free transfer in the history of the PL if not football. Top processional 

Milner's strut is quite a thing, no?

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2788 on: February 5, 2020, 01:24:24 pm »
I share your views on ex-pros and coaching.
Where the likes of Milner will really help us is by being a role model and mentor. I hear plenty of stories about younger pros who've achieved nothing, earning fortunes, going out drinking and spending loads. Getting advice first hand from someone who has achieved what he has, and who looks after himself the way he does will be invaluable to us.

Agree. In the training ground also - I recall Rodgers talking about his pre-training and match preparations being of another level.

He'll be great to keep around the club after his two years are up. Top pro.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2789 on: February 5, 2020, 01:47:20 pm »
Milly is our man. Top drawer. You just know he will take it upon himself to do right for the young lads. Not for nothing he is our El Burro Magnifico
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #2790 on: February 5, 2020, 03:48:26 pm »
He is just a top notch professional. Could have jetted to the tropics but probably thinks about his rehab routine and its better to stay back to get ready...the challenge of getting minutes in our minutes as everyone returns to fitness and that is not going to be achieved by flying out.

I am also sure he would have asked Klopp to play(if recovered enough) if Klopp had not drawn a line in the sand about no senior players participating.

In a previous post, I speculated that players who have school going kids might not be jetting out since they would have to take kids out of school. I think Milner is in this category and also might speak of the professionalism he is putting in his kids -  "no school days off" :) of course just speculating but that would be so Milner.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2791 on: February 5, 2020, 04:04:47 pm »
I often say I have to work late to avoid spending time with the wife and kids but you don’t see me being praised to the rafters for it.  ::)

Kudos to you Nicholas. May the god's bless you with eternal life and verality. 

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2792 on: February 5, 2020, 04:14:15 pm »
His family home. In Leeds.

No, from his holiday home.

Also in Leeds.
You try me once you beg for more.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2793 on: February 5, 2020, 04:15:14 pm »

Future Liverpool manager

;D ;D ;D
I agree regarding automatically conferring future manager status on great players. Usually find it cringey. Occasionally there are players whom you instinctively feel could do well in coaching. Gini is one, Mlner is another.

Besides, it would be great to have a Spanish-speaking manager again ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2794 on: February 5, 2020, 04:18:37 pm »
He is just a top notch professional. Could have jetted to the tropics but probably thinks about his rehab routine and its better to stay back to get ready...the challenge of getting minutes in our minutes as everyone returns to fitness and that is not going to be achieved by flying out.

I am also sure he would have asked Klopp to play(if recovered enough) if Klopp had not drawn a line in the sand about no senior players participating.

In a previous post, I speculated that players who have school going kids might not be jetting out since they would have to take kids out of school. I think Milner is in this category and also might speak of the professionalism he is putting in his kids -  "no school days off" :) of course just speculating but that would be so Milner.

I think Mane stayed local too - he was rehabbing in spain from one of those videos, but then was back in Liverpool.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: February 5, 2020, 05:42:47 pm »
He is giving away a pair of Signed Boots on his Twitter Account - if that's your sort of thing.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2796 on: February 5, 2020, 06:39:07 pm »
He is giving away a pair of Signed Boots on his Twitter Account - if that's your sort of thing.

Is it for charity? Because he'd get a lot more bids if he offered to do people's ironing for them for a charitable donation to his preferred cause :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #2797 on: February 5, 2020, 08:04:24 pm »
Milner's strut is quite a thing, no?

damn auto spellcheck

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2798 on: February 5, 2020, 09:24:41 pm »
damn auto spellcheck

Milner walks and runs much better than Hendo; funny gait...

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2799 on: February 6, 2020, 02:49:28 pm »
My favourite thing about Milner is that he broke Wayne Rooney’s record as the youngest goal scorer in PL just a few weeks after Rooney to ensure Rooney never have a lasting legacy.