Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 669400 times)

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
he is in space and unmarked

Barca winner. how anyone can leave him unmarked after this goal is a mystery

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Q for people who remember David Fairclough: who's the bigger legend as supersub, Fairclough or Origi?

Not much in it is there, but I think Fairclough for this one in 76 against Everton in the last minute (to win the league) considering he wins the ball back on the half way line and then beats all 11 of their players (some twice) before slotting

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xcn9ouTdmm0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xcn9ouTdmm0</a>

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Q for people who remember David Fairclough: who's the bigger legend as supersub, Fairclough or Origi?

Could Fairclough rock this getup?

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Posted this in the Pickford thread for lols but its rightful place is here.

All any of them can do is marvel at his majesty... 8)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four

;D

Divock shall not be moved...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!

Origi is from outer space.
That explains many things, actually...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
According to this, and it’s normally pretty up to date, Fairclough still has the most goals as a sub (18). Origi in 3rd behind Sturridge too.

https://www.lfchistory.net/Stats/GoalscoringSubsTotals

I always thought of Ronny Rosenthal as a bit of a super sub. Surprised to see he only scored 4 when starting from the bench. One was last minute winner against Everton so that might be the reason for him sticking in my adolescent mind as some sort of great super sub.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Divock has only scored 22 Premier League goals for us and more than 25% have been scored against Everton. In addition he has 4 goals in the last 5 minutes of PL games that have either been the winner or an equaliser.

Only scored 4 Champion's League goals for the club. 2 in the semi final, 1 in the final and the winner away in the San Siro against AC Milan.

Scored twice in the Europa League for the club. Both came in the epic QF tie with Dortmund where we eventually won 5-4 on aggregate.

Divock Origi has packed a lot of impact into the 41 goals he's scored in his Liverpool career. Not sure there's many who have scored so many goals in big games or contributed in key moment at the death, when scoring less than 50 goals in total for a club.

He's got some key goals in the League Cup including a banging hat-trick at Southampton and some key goals in the early rounds in this year's success.

The only competition where Divock hasn't really yet had an impact is the FA Cup. 2 goals. Both in 2-1 defeats to Wolves. If only there was an opportunity for him to impact the FA Cup somehow before he leaves.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
Was this the farewell, or has he got one more in him? If it was this then I'm happy. But whilst there's still a single minute of football to be played, there's always enough time for Divock Origi.

He's going to sign a new contract. :D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
tbf to Divock, we've rarely progressed far enough in the FA Cup in recent years that he had much chance to make an impact.

What I will say is that he will be missed when he's gone, and we would have won less without him. I don't think you can give any single player a higher accolade than that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
He's got some key goals in the League Cup including a banging hat-trick at Southampton and some key goals in the early rounds in this year's success.

Scored a penalty in the shootout in the final, too. As crucial as the other ten. :)

In previous seasons, the two goals in the 5-5 v Arsenal (plus a penalty in the shootout) will always stand out.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
tbf to Divock, we've rarely progressed far enough in the FA Cup in recent years that he had much chance to make an impact.

What I will say is that he will be missed when he's gone, and we would have won less without him. I don't think you can give any single player a higher accolade than that.

Really do hope he gets a chance to come on and score in the Final. I'd much prefer it to be the 5th in a 5-0 win though ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I would like him to stay.

I understand if he feels he needs to leave but I would like him to stay.

I would like our fans to Shout out that they want him to stay.

Failing that how about that statue or at least a wall plaque or Origi Box?

Crowdfunding would work. . . 

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Scored a penalty in the shootout in the final, too. As crucial as the other ten. :)

In previous seasons, the two goals in the 5-5 v Arsenal (plus a penalty in the shootout) will always stand out.
Scored a pen in the 2019 UEFA Super Cup final.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I understand if he feels he needs to leave but I would like him to stay.

I would too, but he owes us nothing and it's up to him.

What I was going to ask was that if he goes, do we need another Origi type option?

He's a big strong lad, but he's not a battering ram type forward, he's better than that. But he offered us something different v Everton.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
Why the sad faces? There are still at least 8 matches to be played. That’s 720 minutes. At least.

That is the equivalent of eternity in Origi time.

Have you learned nothing? Do you not yet know what it is that he does?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
Why the sad faces? There are still at least 8 matches to be played. That’s 720 minutes. At least.

That is the equivalent of eternity in Origi time.

Have you learned nothing? Do you not yet know what it is that he does?

We're not playing Everton again this season.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I always thought of Ronny Rosenthal as a bit of a super sub. Surprised to see he only scored 4 when starting from the bench. One was last minute winner against Everton so that might be the reason for him sticking in my adolescent mind as some sort of great super sub.

Think he got a late winner away at QPR off the bench around a similar time. Assist from John Barnes.

He also made some great cameos off the bench in that 1990 run in (Southampton at home?) but that Charlton hat trick was a game he did start I think.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
We're not playing Everton again this season.

And if we need a winner against Wolves in the last minute of the season? Who you gonna call?  ;)

Offline iamadooddood

• Main Stander
So having watched the Villarreal match, I feel that I now know why Origi doesn't get so much game time. It's because we have been winning most of our matches comfortably, and so don't really need him to change the game in our favour. He's only called on when we need him, a situation which is getting rarer these days as Liverpool become ever stronger (and additionally we don't play him so often to reduce the risk of him getting another horrific injury). But personally, I'd keep him around just for those moments alone, because even the best team in the world has its off days, and needs some sort of inspiration to get things going. And be honest: if we need to bring in someone to turn the match around, and you could sub in any player in the world, would anyone be a better option than Origi? Heck, would anyone even be as good of an option as him? I really can't think of anyone else.

As for comparison between him and Fairclough, I haven't been around long enough to see Fairclough play, but Origi isn't just a good substitute. Even when he starts, his impact is the greatest when the chips are down and we desperately need someone to pull multiple rabbits out of the hat. Like against Barca. That said, such situations don't come by often, and the only way it could feasibly happen in the PL is if the match against Man City is the last match of the season and we're trailing them in goal difference by -5 or something.

Last game of the season, we're top by 2 pts, but drawing at Anfield, City 8-0 up and thus winning the league on GD, comes on as a late substitute and smashes a 95th minute winner with the last kick of the game.

That'd do for me
Seeing that we're currently one point behind, for that to happen they'll have to lose one match before the last match of the season, and the goal difference will also have to be flipped in their favour.

I would too, but he owes us nothing and it's up to him.
As far as I know, he hasn't even been offered a contract extension yet. Unless that has happened, I can't agree with the "it's up to him" part.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 11:04:19 pm by iamadooddood »

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
The might of Divock was not needed today. I fear we may have wasted a few minutes of his valuable time.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Just saw his post-Everton interview on the club website. He's such a lovely young man, so humble and grateful for his limited opportunities in a phenomenal team.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
And if we need a winner against Wolves in the last minute of the season? Who you gonna call?  ;)

Sami Hyypia.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Not much in it is there, but I think Fairclough for this one in 76 against Everton in the last minute (to win the league) considering he wins the ball back on the half way line and then beats all 11 of their players (some twice) before slotting

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xcn9ouTdmm0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xcn9ouTdmm0</a>

If that had been Gordon he'd have gone down 3 times during that. What    a    goal although it was a few games before the famous Wolves game to win the league.

Anyway, have we ever seen Divock hit the turf? Such a strong and fair player.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
If we had a cult hero team (not just the best players, although they can be) I'd be going for

Allison

Agger Phillips Hypia  (Joey) Jones

Alonso McAlister Gayle

Divock  Meijer  Camara
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
If we had a cult hero team (not just the best players, although they can be) I'd be going for

Allison

Alonso McAlister Gayle

Divock  Meijer  Camara

Kuyt needs a place in that

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan

Allison

Alonso McAlister Gayle

Divock  Meijer  Camara

Gomez at RB instead of Hyypia (Agger and Phillips as CBs). Lucas or Sissoko instead of Alonso. Sami and Xabi are too mainstream. Alisson deserves a place for his goalscoring exploits, although Kelleher may challenge. Enrique or Jones?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Kuyt needs a place in that

Not to mention Igor. ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I’d have Ronny Rosenthal in there too.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan

Allison

Alonso McAlister Gayle

Divock  Meijer  Camara

Dudek instead of Allison, not based on ability but for the 2005 final alone

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Can't we keep him in one of those "in case of emergency, break glass" cases?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KloppRoy

• Main Stander

Allison

Alonso McAlister Gayle

Divock  Meijer  Camara
   sub  garcia

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Djimi Traore has to be a cult hero.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Can't we keep him in one of those "in case of emergency, break glass" cases?

Nope, he is too good for that. If he indeed joins AC Milan, it will be a good choice for him. Both of their strikers (Ibrahimovic and Giroud) are close to retirement, so Divock will be the main men upfront at a very solid club ...

Offline iamadooddood

• Main Stander
Nope, he is too good for that.
I disagree, you have to be at least as good as he is in order to be even able to play such a role at all. That kind of role requires a certain type of ability and mentality that is almost unique to him in the modern era.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan

Allison

Alonso McAlister Gayle

Divock  Meijer  Camara

Dudek
FinnanSamiPhillipsTraore
GarciaMaccaSmicerRiisse
         KuytOrigi

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.