Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2029759 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #14560 on: August 27, 2022, 10:50:47 pm »
Christ, a 5 goal contribution, something only matched by 2 players in the Premier League era, yet still people are getting snide digs in
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14561 on: August 27, 2022, 10:59:33 pm »
Christ, a 5 goal contribution, something only matched by 2 players in the Premier League era, yet still people are getting snide digs in

Sorry mate, but if you refer to me those are not snide digs.. One of my favourite players over the past years and I would love him to continue to shine.  today was just outstanding.. but the united match was not though; fulham etc. it's like watching gerrard when he was starting to come to the end (and not - bobby is not on his standards). but he is playing/starting too many games because he has to.. but he is not a spring chicken anymore and he will struggle if he is called upon as a consistent starter due to reliability and lack of options.. he deserves better
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #14562 on: August 28, 2022, 12:01:50 am »
One of our most disrespected players ever I reckon given the shite that gets said about him by fans, media, pundits et al.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14563 on: August 28, 2022, 12:09:24 am »
who are the other 2 out of curiosity?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14564 on: August 28, 2022, 01:09:26 am »
One of our most disrespected players ever I reckon given the shite that gets said about him by fans, media, pundits et al.
as Jurgen said - the most underrated player in world football.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14565 on: August 28, 2022, 02:38:14 am »
And Jurgen said he liked how Bobby played against Man Utd. Loved how he dropped deep to get the ball. Jurgen said, if it wasn't for Bobby we would have had 49% possession against United.

But you know, some posters and social media are much brighter than Jurgen.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14566 on: August 28, 2022, 03:58:46 am »
calm down lads...its only bornemouth like the twitter trolls like to say it

its not as if he is a major player and have won anything with us since joining  :lickin

such a unique little baller he is. such a marked difference when he plays. his link up and movement is just a joy to watch.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14567 on: August 28, 2022, 07:17:48 am »
And Jurgen said he liked how Bobby played against Man Utd. Loved how he dropped deep to get the ball. Jurgen said, if it wasn't for Bobby we would have had 49% possession against United.

But you know, some posters and social media are much brighter than Jurgen.

Yeah him dropping deep was a damning indictment of some Liverpool players, but none of them were Firmino.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14568 on: August 28, 2022, 07:29:11 am »
He was great. This back and forth told you so whenever he plays well/doesn't play well is one of the most boring parts of Rawk. Industrial scale hyperbole on both sides.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14569 on: August 28, 2022, 07:29:45 am »
When Bobby is in form, the opponent should just leave the field because it's pointless for them to even sweat. The outcome of that is obvious.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14570 on: August 28, 2022, 07:36:17 am »
A smiling Bobby Firmino is the best sight in world football.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14571 on: August 28, 2022, 08:06:32 am »
All hail the king Bobby!

The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14572 on: August 28, 2022, 08:19:53 am »
A no look century,pretty pretty good,Bobby.  ;D

Yup, perfect way to bring it up!

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #14573 on: August 28, 2022, 09:50:15 am »
My favourite post Gerrard player.
Just love watching him play.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #14574 on: August 28, 2022, 09:53:28 am »
Yesterday was like his highlights reel from the past six years...but all in one game.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14575 on: August 28, 2022, 10:52:18 am »
A no look century,pretty pretty good,Bobby.  ;D

It was a perfect Bobby goal, the positioning, the anticipation where the ball would drop, unconventional technique, and not looking ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #14576 on: August 28, 2022, 11:08:54 am »
Any stats on no look goals available?

Involved in 5 / 9 goals...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #14577 on: August 28, 2022, 11:23:04 am »
Fun Bobby reminds us why he's so fun  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14578 on: August 28, 2022, 11:29:38 am »
Is he getting an assist for the Elliott goal where he kinda lost the ball? :)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14579 on: August 28, 2022, 11:41:48 am »
He was great. This back and forth told you so whenever he plays well/doesn't play well is one of the most boring parts of Rawk. Industrial scale hyperbole on both sides.
Ha ha yes it is a bit, and I say that despite being guilty of it big time.

But the solution is simple: support our players when they're in form and out of form, when they have a good game and when they have a bad game, when they're at their peak and either side of it. Then there'd be no back and forth.  8)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14580 on: August 28, 2022, 12:18:50 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6MmmZIzuus

All 100 goals. Some great memories.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14581 on: August 28, 2022, 12:55:34 pm »

Well put, did you look away from the keys when typing?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14582 on: August 28, 2022, 01:15:51 pm »
LOL he's the master of the shin pass.  not many players even attempt it.  impossible to defend.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14583 on: August 28, 2022, 01:28:20 pm »
We should definitely cash in whilst his stock is high. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #14584 on: August 28, 2022, 01:29:39 pm »

That was just another Bobby 'no-look and also send the defender the wrong way' ™ assist - https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1563634960740716544 ;D

Quality mate.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x6MmmZIzuus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x6MmmZIzuus</a>

a couple of the fan-made ones from earlier too...

'Roberto Firmino - All 100 Goals For Liverpool' - a 10 minute video, from Atlassis:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8uVyPW07JUo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8uVyPW07JUo</a>

'Roberto Firmino - All 100 Goals For Liverpool' - an 8 minute video, from Liverpool Goals:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C58gPa6TiAE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C58gPa6TiAE</a>
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 02:12:49 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14585 on: August 28, 2022, 03:06:13 pm »

I was thinking that but not all assists are equal in quality, but then you could say the same about goals. They all count.

Jesus got an assist last week when odegaard took the ball off him. It clearly wasn't a pass.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14586 on: August 28, 2022, 03:08:52 pm »

Yes, it makes up for his assist before the assist that never was - that beautiful backheel for Elliott who set up Salah, only for the Egyptian Victor Anichebe to miss from a yard out.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #14587 on: August 28, 2022, 04:02:24 pm »
100 in 331 not bad for a false 9  8) add in 70 assist aswell  :-X

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #14588 on: August 28, 2022, 04:55:58 pm »
When he's on it, the whole team plays much better.

Hope he puts these performances consistently moving forward.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #14589 on: August 28, 2022, 05:28:03 pm »
If there is some truth in the notion that he is not 100% what he was, then he is tailor made for the new 5 sub season. Klopp can have the choice when we are nearer full strength to say to him, play for 30/45/60 minutes, or can put him on after all those times as well. If he knows he is playing less of the game, he can leave everything on the pitch without an attempt to conserve anything for the whole 90. We (and unfortunately City) ought to be the strongest adapters to the 16 man game by some margin.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 05:29:54 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14590 on: August 28, 2022, 05:35:18 pm »
Rumours of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #14591 on: August 28, 2022, 07:48:20 pm »
never had any doubt ... just a pure class player .... shut plenty up on here who shame fully put him down
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #14592 on: August 28, 2022, 09:20:29 pm »

Awesome. Kind of funny to see just the goals, it paints a different / misleading picture. He looks like a classic #9 in the highlights. He has scored a lot of headers!

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #14593 on: August 29, 2022, 12:00:29 am »
Sorry mate, but if you refer to me those are not snide digs.. One of my favourite players over the past years and I would love him to continue to shine.  today was just outstanding.. but the united match was not though; fulham etc. it's like watching gerrard when he was starting to come to the end (and not - bobby is not on his standards). but he is playing/starting too many games because he has to.. but he is not a spring chicken anymore and he will struggle if he is called upon as a consistent starter due to reliability and lack of options.. he deserves better

To be fair if you watched the Man U game and think that Bobby dropping into an empty midfield and receiving the ball from CBs etc was a problem, instead of asking where Hendo and Milner were then perhaps you have a misunderstanding of how the midfield should have functioned.
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14594 on: August 29, 2022, 12:36:25 am »
Was a prime Firmino performance that on Saturday.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #14595 on: August 29, 2022, 01:10:49 am »

Lad, when you post this turgid shite, you denigrate the club, including the fans. Of course it's your opinion of Bobby on the surface...but you use him as a vehcle to peddle your own agenda

You question the owners, the coach and his staff, whilst comparing and contrasting Bobby and Stevie to gaslight your narrative. Not, 'on the nose.' Far more subtle, you hint! Do you have the memory of a hamster?

Liverpool have just finished preseason. Yes, it finished on Saturday. Those who actually listen to the boss will know he said that a while back. He said preseason continued two weeks into the season. That's why he was organising behind closed doors friendlies and the game after the community shield. The boss has worked them hard. Fucking injuries have not helped. But they are now ready. Ups and downs, we have lift off. That team out there yesterday was not our first choice, brilliant as it was. And that's the point. Without 3 maybe 4 first teamers, who we've been without for the season so far mostly, yes we've struggled but we've also been boss and yesterday we were boss, no matter who we'd played, we'd have stuck 4 or 5 past them minimum, whoever.

When you write off an icon like Bobby so readily, you forget that Jurgen still rates him, as do I but that's not important. Even if Darwen hadn't threw the head on the Andersen shithouse, he'd have still been on the bench. Bobby will start at Goodison. Bobby's not the only one to have struggled since the season started, am I right?

Injuries have fucked us over a bit but I'm still convinced this team will win the league and go a long way in all cup competitions. Why? Because we will win all the games that matter this season. We just will. The bigger the better. If you watch Virgil's face at the end of the Bournemouth game, (it's on LFTV) it's clear they are in no mood to lose again any time soon, if at all.

#Givetheballtobobby
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14596 on: August 29, 2022, 03:49:09 am »
Lad, when you post this turgid shite, you denigrate the club, including the fans. Of course it's your opinion of Bobby on the surface...but you use him as a vehcle to peddle your own agenda

You question the owners, the coach and his staff, whilst comparing and contrasting Bobby and Stevie to gaslight your narrative. Not, 'on the nose.' Far more subtle, you hint! Do you have the memory of a hamster?

Liverpool have just finished preseason. Yes, it finished on Saturday. Those who actually listen to the boss will know he said that a while back. He said preseason continued two weeks into the season. That's why he was organising behind closed doors friendlies and the game after the community shield. The boss has worked them hard. Fucking injuries have not helped. But they are now ready. Ups and downs, we have lift off. That team out there yesterday was not our first choice, brilliant as it was. And that's the point. Without 3 maybe 4 first teamers, who we've been without for the season so far mostly, yes we've struggled but we've also been boss and yesterday we were boss, no matter who we'd played, we'd have stuck 4 or 5 past them minimum, whoever.

When you write off an icon like Bobby so readily, you forget that Jurgen still rates him, as do I but that's not important. Even if Darwen hadn't threw the head on the Andersen shithouse, he'd have still been on the bench. Bobby will start at Goodison. Bobby's not the only one to have struggled since the season started, am I right?

Injuries have fucked us over a bit but I'm still convinced this team will win the league and go a long way in all cup competitions. Why? Because we will win all the games that matter this season. We just will. The bigger the better. If you watch Virgil's face at the end of the Bournemouth game, (it's on LFTV) it's clear they are in no mood to lose again any time soon, if at all.

#Givetheballtobobby

I've subscribed to Viva's newsletter for many years, now...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14597 on: August 29, 2022, 03:55:36 am »
I've subscribed to Viva's newsletter for many years, now...
Ditto! Much better value than the competition. All it needs is a decent crossword

Viva-VBG!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14598 on: August 29, 2022, 08:53:36 am »
who are the other 2 out of curiosity?

Salah - 4 goals and an assist v Watford

Suarez - 4 goals and an assist v Norwich
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14599 on: August 29, 2022, 09:51:21 am »
Spot on Bobby :thumbup

And er…Bobby
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.