Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 511781 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dejan Lovren signs new long-term Liverpool contract
« Reply #2681 on: July 12, 2018, 02:34:24 am »
'People should recognise that I am one of the best defenders in the world'- Lovren

https://twitter.com/MattCritchley1/status/1017186161662443520

YOU must be as deluded as Lovren.

With that attitude you could easily support Everton

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2682 on: July 12, 2018, 02:36:20 am »
LoUD Mouth

Wind your bloody neck in. He did his job in the CL final played well, and he's just made history with a country who has made their 5th appearance since it's independence, with a population of 4 million, gone from being a refugee to playing on the biggest stage in football, yeah he's feeling himself, and so he should.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2683 on: July 12, 2018, 02:45:18 am »
I hope he can win it, we need more players in the team that have won important trophies.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2684 on: July 12, 2018, 03:09:54 am »
He's the best defender of for a team which reached the final of the world cup mostly by defending well. He also was a mainstay of a team which just reached the champions league final.

He is entitled to be confident.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2685 on: July 12, 2018, 03:09:57 am »
Starting centre-half for one of the best clubs in the world and a world cup finalist.  I think it's pretty safe to say he is one of the best centre-halves in the world.   

People project their own interpretation of those kinds of words all the time and get upset about them. It's very weird. 

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
« Reply #2686 on: July 12, 2018, 03:50:54 am »
Thought that Lovren along with Varane and Maguire have been the best center halves in the entire tournament.  Everyone knows that defense was your weak link last season, but it looks as if Klopp is prepared to head into the season with Lovren and Karius in the starting XI.  Wonder if Klopp truly believed that Lovren was a world-class defender last season or if he was simply bigging him up.  Either way, seems to have worked wonders for his confidence.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2687 on: July 12, 2018, 03:55:43 am »
Not a bad spot by Brendan after all :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #2688 on: July 12, 2018, 04:49:55 am »
Well played today Dejan!
Never had problems with you, even v Spurs at Wembley some time ago.
Sometimes you make errors but you always give all you got.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2689 on: July 12, 2018, 05:22:17 am »
Thought he played really well. Gonna be really difficult defending against France but he'll hold his own against Giroud you'd think. Hopefully he plays well and gets recognition win or lose in the final.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2690 on: July 12, 2018, 06:17:05 am »
Wind your bloody neck in. He did his job in the CL final played well, and he's just made history with a country who has made their 5th appearance since it's independence, with a population of 4 million, gone from being a refugee to playing on the biggest stage in football, yeah he's feeling himself, and so he should.

It's fucking mental mate. This is one of our players who has always tried his best for us. He has done fucking well to get the CL final with us and the WC final with his national team and here are some of our fans trying to shit on his parade.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2691 on: July 12, 2018, 06:38:58 am »
Not the one that every commentator and pundit panned throughout the first 45 minutes? He must be shite. I prefer the other one, the one with a massive pocket. Harry Kane spent 75mins tucked up inside it

Has every right to big himself up after last night. He’s been fantastic this year.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2692 on: July 12, 2018, 06:46:58 am »
hahaha - that was clearly a fishing attempt folks!

You think? Usually I'd give benefit of the doubt, but the guy makes a habit of slating our players :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2693 on: July 12, 2018, 07:02:00 am »
Think what he said was wrong, he should've said "I'm the best defender in the world not named Virgil"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2694 on: July 12, 2018, 07:25:36 am »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #2695 on: July 12, 2018, 07:43:22 am »
Pretty sure people here would be pissing themselves with laughter if a Lovren-equivalent for a rival had said that. I’ve always found Lovren pretty arrogant and that comment shows more insecurity than anything. As someone said whenever he opens his mouth things go badly for him. I get that after years of criticism you’d want to assert yourself when doing well but still.

He’s had one the most successful seasons out of any CB in the world but he’s definitely not amongst the best. 9 months ago he was coming off after 30 minutes on the pitch for producing one of our worst individual performances in years. Things change quickly in football.

I agree that narratives stick but even at this WC I see him having some very odd moments. I hope he irons these out and does well in the final, but also hope he doesn’t believe his own hype.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2696 on: July 12, 2018, 07:48:13 am »
Pretty sure people here would be pissing themselves with laughter if a Lovren-equivalent for a rival had said that. I’ve always found Lovren pretty arrogant and that comment shows more insecurity than anything. As someone said whenever he opens his mouth things go badly for him. I get that after years of criticism you’d want to assert yourself when doing well but still.

He’s had one the most successful seasons out of any CB in the world but he’s definitely not amongst the best. 9 months ago he was coming off after 30 minutes on the pitch for producing one of our worst individual performances in years. Things change quickly in football.

I agree that narratives stick but even at this WC I see him having some very odd moments. I hope he irons these out and does well in the final, but also hope he doesn’t believe his own hype.

Who are the Lovren equivalents for a rival who has got to a CL and World Cup Final recently, where they were excellent in both runs?

Then we can advise if we'd be pissing ourselves with laughter or not :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2697 on: July 12, 2018, 07:48:33 am »
Starting centre-half for one of the best clubs in the world and a world cup finalist.  I think it's pretty safe to say he is one of the best centre-halves in the world.   

Hahahahahahaha.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2698 on: July 12, 2018, 07:51:27 am »
He has done well recently. Hopefully he continues his form. To say he is one of the best centre halves in the world is a joke .

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2699 on: July 12, 2018, 07:53:21 am »
Great performance by lovern. Loved it when he pushed around lingard like he was some kind of b1tch.... haha.

Hope croatia wins the world cup now cos france seems to be too arrogant in this world cup.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2700 on: July 12, 2018, 07:55:29 am »
Shaqiri liked that clip on twitter btw

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2701 on: July 12, 2018, 07:56:03 am »
He has done well recently. Hopefully he continues his form. To say he is one of the best centre halves in the world is a joke .

Depends how many you’re on about. One of the top 10? He’d maybe make a lot of people’s lists for that over the last year.

He’s not saying he’s world class here, just one of the best.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #2702 on: July 12, 2018, 07:58:35 am »
I don't think you can argue against Lovren's performances since the turn of the year. Starting Champions League Finalist and starting World Cup Finalist. No other CB has been as good.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2703 on: July 12, 2018, 08:35:01 am »
if he didnt play for us and saw his performances thus far in the tournament and then paul joyce tweeted we were interested in signing him we would be creaming ourselves "just pay the 60m and be done with it"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2704 on: July 12, 2018, 08:57:20 am »

He's already playing at the top level and is a regular starter so that means he must be better than most in the world, and now he's in a World Cup final... can't be that bad eh.

I think a lot of people need to give the lad a fucking break, his career with us has been up and down, mostly up in the last year. What he's done in the WC, is it not enough to for some to give the lad a fresh start?

Hope they do it on Sunday, purely for Lovren. I suspect France will be too strong for them and will do what England couldn't, control the middle of the park.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2705 on: July 12, 2018, 09:08:02 am »
He's already playing at the top level and is a regular starter so that means he must be better than most in the world, and now he's in a World Cup final... can't be that bad eh.

I think a lot of people need to give the lad a fucking break, his career with us has been up and down, mostly up in the last year. What he's done in the WC, is it not enough to for some to give the lad a fresh start?

Hope they do it on Sunday, purely for Lovren. I suspect France will be too strong for them and will do what England couldn't, control the middle of the park.
Rakitic and Modric wont make it easy for them. Mbappe is a big danger though.

think lovren has displayed a lot of mental toughness, supposedly his marriage broke up last year, plus he was humiliated against Kane at Wembley, im sure he feels brilliant after last night. let him have his moment

Maybe a full season alongside Van Dijk with Fabinho infront of him could transform him. he is prone to meltdowns and mistakes but look at Stones last night for the Croatia winner, he was practically asleep

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #2706 on: July 12, 2018, 09:09:21 am »
Lovren makes me laugh..

He's loved in our dressing room, by the likes of Salah. Its important. He speaks out in our defence and gives it more than most so i dont care him saying that he thinks he's one of the best centre backs in the world now. if only to watch people's heads fall off.......good for him.

He's had a tough time at the club, but he has made a place for himself here. He is a good, mostly consistent defender that has a mistake in him which is bad.....reallly REALLY bad. But has faith from the manager and now that we know the type of defender he is (as in what to expect).....warts and all....go and give it the big one dejan  ;)

and fucking win it
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:11:57 am by redkingwenceslas84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2707 on: July 12, 2018, 09:10:03 am »
Seems like some of our posters could be listening to that shitehawk Gary Neville too much , the guy has been excellent for us for months he and his country are in the WC final now if you can’t feel any sort of pride for the lads chances of coming back with a winners medal then I think you need to contemplate whether this is the club for you !
As for him being arrogant well given what he and his family have suffered in the past I reckon he has earned the right to make the odd arrogant comment , he has sure as hell earned the right to get some bloody respect in here and if you cannot do that then step away from the keyboard now.

The ironic thing is the mealymouthed posters in here would probably be eccastic if a lad from Brazil or Uraguay were in the final .
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2708 on: July 12, 2018, 09:13:20 am »
Haha the reactions are great. The lad has played well recently as I said. But he is no way world class. I hope the lad continues his form and maybe develop to be world class. Snowflakes on here la.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2709 on: July 12, 2018, 09:14:34 am »
Seems like some of our posters could be listening to that shitehawk Gary Neville too much , the guy has been excellent for us for months he and his country are in the WC final now if you can’t feel any sort of pride for the lads chances of coming back with a winners medal then I think you need to contemplate whether this is the club for you !
As for him being arrogant well given what he and his family have suffered in the past I reckon he has earned the right to make the odd arrogant comment , he has sure as hell earned the right to get some bloody respect in here and if you cannot do that then step away from the keyboard now.

The ironic thing is the mealymouthed posters in here would probably be eccastic if a lad from Brazil or Uraguay were in the final .
So because I don't think the lad is world class I should stop supporting the Reds? Behave soft lad.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2710 on: July 12, 2018, 09:15:34 am »
Haha the reactions are great. The lad has played well recently as I said. But he is no way world class. I hope the lad continues his form and maybe develop to be world class. Snowflakes on here la.

He never said world class.

If you're gonna have a pop then at least get it right what you're doing it over.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2711 on: July 12, 2018, 09:15:52 am »
Always love it when a player shows that a poster was wrong and that poster chokes on the idea that they are fallible
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2712 on: July 12, 2018, 09:16:14 am »

Probably one of those situations where if you disagree with him, might be worth just not saying anything rather than making a choice to go into a Lovren thread and start mocking him when he's excelled in getting us to a CL Final, been one of our best players in said final and then excelled in getting his country to their first ever World Cup Final.

Because it then just sort of looks like you just want to criticise the guy regardless of how well he is playing and has been on a regular basis

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2713 on: July 12, 2018, 09:17:36 am »

How do you define "world class"?

Because I'd say its the ability to shine and perform on the world stage.... And he's doing that....

Yes he's prone to errors now and again - but then again every player does.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2714 on: July 12, 2018, 09:17:38 am »
please change the title and have world class put before his name in it

piss some people right off :D

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #2715 on: July 12, 2018, 09:17:48 am »
What a player! He has been outstanding since we lost against Tottenham in Wembley.

He had a fantastic run in the champions league with us...He is Croatia's best centre half by miles and one of the best in the world cup without a shadow of a doubt. Yesterday he made an amazing tackle to deny Kane who was ready to push the ball at the back of the net.

He has made some mistakes in the past, but he has shown that he can be a fantastic defender. I give him a lot of credit for his performances and can't wait to see him play alongside VVD next year.

Love the lad...I hope he can lift the trophy this sunday and become a world champion! I'll be cheering for Croatia just for the sake of Dejan!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2716 on: July 12, 2018, 09:19:23 am »
So because I don't think the lad is world class I should stop supporting the Reds? Behave soft lad.
No it’s because you show one of our own no respect and talk him down he had one bad game learnt from that and been excellent since guess all that passed you by fella.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2717 on: July 12, 2018, 09:19:47 am »
Probably one of those situations where if you disagree with him, might be worth just not saying anything rather than making a choice to go into a Lovren thread and start mocking him when he's excelled in getting us to a CL Final, been one of our best players in said final and then excelled in getting his country to their first ever World Cup Final.

Because it then just sort of looks like you just want to criticise the guy regardless of how well he is playing and has been on a regular basis
Show me in the last few posts where I have criticised Lovren. I have said he is not world class.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2718 on: July 12, 2018, 09:21:00 am »
I was saying more or less the same thing earlier Babu, twats like Neville and Hoddle spout this shit and the average fan regurgitate it as their own opinion.

Hoddle. Fuck me, he talks some cliche ridden bullshit.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2719 on: July 12, 2018, 09:24:16 am »
He never said world class.

If you're gonna have a pop then at least get it right what you're doing it over.
ok, he said he is one of the best centre halves in the world. He is not. He is in a good run of form and I said I hope it continues and he develops into world class purely as it would benefit us. Fucking reactions on here would think I had called for his bollocks to be chopped off and hung from the crossbar. QUILTS.