Author Topic: Anfield Road Lower Severely Restricted View  (Read 11227 times)

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
Anfield Road Lower Severely Restricted View
« on: December 29, 2015, 08:27:15 pm »
I have got tickets for a few matches in the second half of the season in the Anfield Road Lower that are classed as 'Severely Restricted View'. All in row 34, which I think is one row from the back. How bad is the view at the back of the stand? The tickets are only £3 cheaper than the rest of the stand, so the view can't be that bad, can it?

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Lower Severely Restricted View
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »
Letterbox view from there to be honest with you. I haven't sat back there for a few seasons now but from what I can remember the back two rows are on the same level and the upper tier partially blocks the Kop end cross bar.

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 03:23:57 am »
Yes the view is restricted as the ceiling is very low and is angled down. You should be able to see all of the pitch when people are seated. Better than not being at a game you want to see, but will feel claustrophobic. Row behind you is on same level but their seats are raised so the people's legs are not on the floor. Very weird. Design flaw. There's a graphic on the website showing a typical restricted view from those seats but in my one experience, the actual restriction is not as bad as shown.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 05:12:54 am »
Been there once and never again, you can't see shit!

I'd rather stay at the pub, but you might find an empty seat that you can use.

Offline geth7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 08:33:05 am »
been there once, never again. The fact it's only £3 cheaper is a disgrace as well. Not worth £15 a ticket
+18 ticket exchange

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 11:06:10 am »
I'd return them and get tickets on LA, you wont see any of the goals scored at the Annie Road End. 
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: January 1, 2016, 02:20:35 pm »
Just hope no one stands up in the rows in front.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 05:06:35 pm »
Well I sat in the Anfield Road Lower Severely Restricted View seats for the first time yesterday and all of the comments about how bad the view is were correct. The view was dreadful !!!  >:(

I had a post blocking my view of the middle of the Kop goal and whenever Liverpool attacked at the Kop end and the people in front of me stood up I could hardly see a thing.

As for the Anfield Road Lower end goal, I could see that fine when we were all sat down, but when we all stood up, which was almost every time either Liverpool or Man U attacked that goal, it was a struggle to see that goal properly.

For yesterday’s match it ended up being either the severely restricted view ticket or no ticket for the match, so I took the seat. However for the other matches this season that I have got a severely restricted view seat in the Anfield Road Lower stand, which is Everton, Chelsea and Watford, I am going to have to have a serious think about if I will use those tickets. Not sure I can go through sitting in those seats again. Very tempted now to cancel those tickets and risk trying to get another ticket for those matches in the late availability sales.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 06:37:05 pm »
I'd get rid if I was you. Once, I've been on the back row of the lower and it was exactly as you described. We only stayed until the end as it was Gerrards last game. Couldn't see a thing! I will never go in there again!

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 07:19:27 am »
I'd also return them. Why spend £50 for a ticket if you can't see the match?!
Been there once, never again.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 07:51:04 am »
The old saying that 'in's in' no longer applies. Under Rafa when we were in the business end or even finals of the CL every year then yes. But not now, especially as prices have gone up massively since then. For early cup games I sometimes take a seat in the centre of the paddock or centenary because the atmosphere will be crap anyway, and it's nice to get a more objective view of the game. But would I go there for a category A game for £59? No chance. £50+ for a restricted view, bigger farce. At least the main stand will have no such problem as of August. Just a few hundred lower Anny seats. They should be half price at most.

Offline royabs

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 10:01:51 am »
You can get an idea of what the restricted views are like here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/anfield-seating-plan

Just click on the stand and there will be a green button that says "Restricted Views" which shows you the view from restricted/severely restricted seats and which rows are affected:

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 10:04:01 pm »
Got two tickets in row 33.  How bad are they? 

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 12:12:24 am »
Got two tickets in row 33.  How bad are they? 

Was there for West Ham a couple of seasons ago... not too bad! Watchable ... I did smack my hands of the stanchion jumping up to celebrate a goal however!