Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich  (Read 166972 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich
« Reply #920 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:16 pm »
If FSG are serious about this club and taking it forward then they will be sacking Rodgers this week.

We can't carry on now. He has to go.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:17 pm »
Apparently so

This Is Anfield
‏@thisisanfield
Rodgers on 2 points from 12: It's an exciting challenge. It's about rebuilding here. Bringing new players in, adapting to culture of club.

Fucking hell! You BREAK a team by doing a very poor job, luckily keep that job and then have the balls to come out and say it's an exciting challenge to rebuild it.

And what culture is that? Embarrassing loses or not scoring more than once.

I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:20 pm »
Apparently so

This Is Anfield
‏@thisisanfield
Rodgers on 2 points from 12: It's an exciting challenge. It's about rebuilding here. Bringing new players in, adapting to culture of club.

That's it. Lock the gates at Melwood and let his secretary pack up his stuff. Answers like that are frankly an insult to the intelligence of the club and it's fan base.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #923 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:26 pm »
Bringing new players in, adapting to culture of club.

I can't remember what the culture of the club is anymore, I used to think it was winning games and trophies.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:36 pm »
With our opening fixtures we were never going to get off to a flyer. If we did then we would be a shoe in for Top 4

Arsenal away aside, our opening hard fixtures are coming in October. We had to win the easy homes and hope for something away. By losing to west ham and drawing today its looking like we will have to beat the bitters and one of the rent boys or spurs away to not be trailing in the dust.

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:46 pm »
Begovic was going for £8m
Don't remind me.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:50 pm »
What's that got to do with it
The question is literally 'what sort of challenge is this run?'
What do you want him to answer 'A shit one?'

Rather him not call it exciting and mention us rebuilding when its our 4th season?

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:53 pm »
Okay but still what he says is shocking

What's he supposed to say, 'Nah, you're right, we're shite, I've just read the RAWK post-match thread and they're fuming. That's it, I mean, our fans are fewmin' more than the Bitters, it's time for me to go'?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:57 pm »
Our midfield is crap. Probably the poorest set of midfielders we've had since Shanks started to turn us into a force to be reckoned with.
I said this in the summer and last year but people said all we needed was a goalscorer.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:59 pm »
The tweet reads as if its his answer to 'you have 2 out of 12 points'

Its not its his answer to 'how much of a challenge is this current run with the new players you've got?'
He's talking about rebuilding and a challenge like he's just strolled into the job last week. This is his 4th season. He shouldn't be saying shit like that. He wouldn't be saying shit like that unless he knew his job was safe.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: September 20, 2015, 07:34:42 pm »
I can't remember what the culture of the club is anymore, I used to think it was winning games and trophies.

Sing when we're winning, we only sing when we're winning...

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: September 20, 2015, 07:34:51 pm »

The Liverpool Way meant being sportsmanlike towards our opponents and keeping all the shit in the club  behind closed doors, but it didn't mean accepting long-term mediocrity..The manager never used to be criticised because there was no reason for it. (Souness was probably the first)  Any blips in performance would be rectified within a couple of games. No manager had doubters because bad form was only  very very temporary. Remember Shanks' ruthlessness after Watford in the Cup?   It also meant hating to lose and not accepting any less than the very best.

Football is now a very different game and us dinosaurs are probably very wrong. Maybe we should learn to be more patient. It's just that old habits die hard and not accepting that we're not the very best is difficult to stomach.

Interesting post and long overdue IMO. It had seemed to me that I was among the minority of those who have seen the glory days and witnessed the "Liverpool Way" (as you describe it, I believe there are other versions available) and want Rodgers sacked.

Continuing to support a failing manager is not (IMO) "The Liverpool Way, not accepting less than the best is.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline The Klapp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #932 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »
It's really just a matter of time isn't it, that's the worst thing right now, that our manager is a dead man walking. Not a great period to be an LFC fan.

Offline Cruicky

• Anny Roader
  • Moves like Agger
« Reply #933 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »
I'm very aroused.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:17 pm »

'Get results so we can achieve our goals this season'
Something like that maybe?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:22 pm »
What's he supposed to say, 'Nah, you're right, we're shite, I've just read the RAWK post-match thread and they're fuming. That's it, I mean, our fans are fewmin' more than the Bitters, it's time for me to go'?

Lol

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:27 pm »
Rebuilding.  :lmao I wasn't sure whether to be angry or be in admiration at his audacity to throw that in here.

Give the man a new 5 year contract.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:31 pm »

I want him to answer anything than what he answered! He cant stand with a straight face, and say we are in a rebuilding phase after being in charge for four season and have spent over 300 mil in four seasons.

I would rather have him answer " Its gonna be tough and we are disappointed with the way we have started after having wasted this huge amount of money, but we are up for it!! ""

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #938 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:31 pm »
He's lost the fans.

And no, I'm not talking about just rawk. You could see it at Anfield today. The apathy, the quietness. The lack of any sort of enthusiasm.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:35 pm »
I'm sick of transition and rebuilding seasons now.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: September 20, 2015, 07:35:36 pm »
I guess it depends on what you deem as an achievement?

In all seriousness, do you really think we deserve to finish above Man City? Who have won 2 of the last 4 titles?

Do you think we deserve to finish ahead of Chelsea? The current champions?

Do you think we deserve to finish ahead of the mancs? Who won a title only 3 years ago?

Do you think we deserve to finish ahead of Arsenal? A side who have consistently cracked the top 4 for almost 2 decades now?

Just out of curiosity, what in your opinion deserves to be classed as achievement?

And before you use our net spend as a retort, I'd respectfully like to remind you that we're still a long way from being the Daddy Warbucks of the league

So if battling it out with Spurs for 5th and 6th position last season should be deemed as a failure, care to tell me where we ought to have finished?

And at whos expense? Which one of Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal should be dislodging from the top 4?

Assuming of course that you deem top 4 finishes as a mandatory "achievement"

Its me you see. I'm a dumb c*nt who's slow to grasp things. I need shit explained to me, you know?

So care to break it down for me?

Probably the only person posting sense in this shit stain of a thread.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »

Anyone care to do a summary, can't bear to listen to him anymore.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #942 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »
Really needs to win the Villa game or the pressure for the Everton game will be huge and its high enough now.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/raJF1-iFsm8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/raJF1-iFsm8</a>

2:12
If he says'the players gave everything''again,  I think my head will explode.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:13 pm »
Can't believe I just heard that. Rebuilding. Rebuilding? We've been rebuilding since he came in! Just go please.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #945 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:15 pm »

I just don't think there is a good enough manager out there who can come in at this time to turn it around this quickly - quickly enough to salvage a top 4 place. People are deluded if they think Ancelotti or Simeone will come here. And while I'm not sold on Klopp, even if he were to come his methods require time to implement - and frankly, the end of his tenure was far more disastrous than what is going on here.

I don't think we as a club can avoid the coaching carousel anymore. We don't have that kind of appeal to bring in players and the players we do have, in this day and age as Guardiola has mentioned, tune out managers after a while.

Yes it isn't in our club's DNA to do it but spending this amount on players and revamping the squad this much isn't either. And it works for most other clubs as well. Giving managers time is the exception in most big clubs not the rule, especially for someone this unproven.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #946 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »
The problem is we are having to rebuild every year.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:32 pm »
No; you keep missing the point. You say this season will end up like last season. My whole point is that you're judging this on too few games. If I want to use that; I can also say that the few games so far show Arsenal and Chelsea aren't doing much better and it's not set in stone how any of the usual contenders will get in. It's so close by next week we could very easily be ahead of both Chelsea and Arsenal after 7 games.

What's different this time? Sturridge is fit - he's on par with the best forwards in the league. On top of that we've bought Benteke; who has one of the best records in the past 3 seasons. We've improved the team as a whole with Clyne on the right and for Sterling's loss we've brought in Firmino. There are other points. But the main one is that this team is good, but it isn't the same team as last season - we play 3-4 different players from last season regularly. That's not an insignificant change. It'll take a bit of time.

If we play that way in the next 12 games we'll be on course for top 4; the team is too talented not to - statistically, creating that many chances and conceding so few is unlikely to continue this trend. If it hasn't by then, I'd be more inclined to start questioning the manager. But right now? They've given him the summer, given him the money; it's a different team; let's give it more than a handful of fucking games.

So essentially "winning without winning" ?

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:38 pm »
Anyone care to do a summary, can't bear to listen to him anymore.

apt custom title...

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:55 pm »
That doesn't really matter, the answer is never that when you are four seasons in as manager.
yep, you don't need a rebuilding process after losing one player, no matter how good they are. One of his other quotes was 'Judge me after 3 seasons' - well if we're only rebuilding in the 4th, where the fuck are we going
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #950 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:57 pm »
His interview is a typical generic post match interview from most managers. However he did it the wrong way around at 3:36 when he says the about the result and the most important thing is the performance. Id rather play shte and get the win to be honest.

Online Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:04 pm »
That's it. Lock the gates at Melwood and let his secretary pack up his stuff. Answers like that are frankly an insult to the intelligence of the club and it's fan base.

Quotes are taken out of context to be fair.

Still though he is bullshitting. The thinking in the summer was that the players he bought were mostly Prem proven so they would "hit the ground running". Running out of excuses.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #952 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:14 pm »

Should probably stop selling our best attacking players then

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #953 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:18 pm »
If FSG are serious about this club and taking it forward then they will be sacking Rodgers this week.

We can't carry on now. He has to go.

Fully agreed with you. I've always supported the owners as they have provided the funds to go after targets and whatnot but if they can't realize that they appointed a manager that can't move us forward then we're absolutely fucked.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:18 pm »
He's lost the fans.

And no, I'm not talking about just rawk. You could see it at Anfield today. The apathy, the quietness. The lack of any sort of enthusiasm.

Because he seems to be clueless... He gets a blank check for transfers... buys the players he wants and after the transfer window is closed for one month talks about rebuilding as if Liverpool are the only club losing and buying players... He buys a defender for 20m who is useless and a winger for 20 just for him to go out on loan...

JOke

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #955 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:25 pm »

Must be building on quicksand.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:26 pm »
If he says'the players gave everything''again,  I think my head will explode.

Just press refresh, I'm not sure your posts will be missed...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #957 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:41 pm »
I said this in the summer and last year but people said all we needed was a goalscorer.

We did need a goal scorer. But the club should've been looking to sign at least one top CM to replace Gerrard. A player similar to him at his peak. Not the one we got to watch in decline the last few years.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #958 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:51 pm »
The only thing keeping Rodgers in his job is the summer break. If our results since Man u at home are all in one season he did be gone.

I've lost count of the number of posts about our form across 2 seasons. For me these are meaningless stats, what matters is the current season we're competing in.

Rodgers has a very narrow foothold to push on from today - it was an average performance and therefore slightly better than the nightmare at Old Trafford. I think it was Bob Paisley who talked about taking the table seriously after 10 games , it's not too late to pull something from the fire.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #959 on: September 20, 2015, 07:37:52 pm »
I may share that opinion; but not 6 games in. In January we can talk. As of now, having fans pressure the the team and the manager does no good at all.

Why are you happy to dismiss the abysmal end to last season that actually sees us 4 win out of 18 PL games? Why forget about that and say 'its only 6 games'? Its blatantly not and its absolutely bizarre that you have that way of thinking.

I actually think its WORSE that we've had a terrible end to the season, had a break, spent £100m on the players we wanted, then had a full pre season with all the new players and then start this season as badly as we have! We should be well up for it. We should be flying out of the blocks and wanting to prove that last season was a blip! There's no excuse. We're 4 months on from when most of the new players joined the club & they play football with eachother every fucking day.There's no 'bedding in' period as the likes of Benteke, Clyne, Ings, & Milner are from the PL.  Its not a blip, its not 'a slow start', its been the same for 18 fucking PL games, not 6!

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.