Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 626841 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #8400 on: November 4, 2022, 02:41:01 pm »
Imagine Udoka signing Josh Primo as a free agent now.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8401 on: November 10, 2022, 08:17:36 pm »
Kyrie Irving has been released by the nets. He certainly has some outrageous beliefs but the nba ending his career because of some instagram story about a wild conspiracy theory movie is a step too far. His career is done.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8402 on: November 10, 2022, 08:28:40 pm »
Kyrie Irving has been released by the nets. He certainly has some outrageous beliefs but the nba ending his career because of some instagram story about a wild conspiracy theory movie is a step too far. His career is done.

I don't see any credible sources verifying it though.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8403 on: November 10, 2022, 08:31:20 pm »

The only thing i've seen today is Nike ending there endorsement with Irving
#Sausages

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #8404 on: November 10, 2022, 09:18:02 pm »
This is the documentary in point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrews_to_Negroes:_Wake_Up_Black_America

The film promotes Black Hebrew Israelite beliefs that some people of color, including Black Americans, "are the true descendants of the biblical Israelites." One of the ideas shared in the film is that the Jews of today are not actual Jews and they culturally appropriated the religious heritage of Black people and then covered it up.[4] Such a notion has been extensively debunked.[5]

Critics of the film have said it is filled with antisemitism, including claims of an International Jewish conspiracy that aims to oppress and defraud Black people. The film includes many antisemitic tropes, including claims of Jewish power and greed, claims that Jews control the media[4] and claims of Jewish Satanic worship.[6]

The film also uses quotes from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Henry Ford's The International Jew, Holocaust denial, attacks on Zionism, and conspiracy theories about the Rothschild family. The film also includes quotes attributed to Adolf Hitler that appear to be fabricated.[4] Another example is that the movie falsely attributes a quote to Harold Wallace Rosenthal about a Jewish conspiracy to control the media; the quote is from a fabricated interview with Rosenthal in the discredited pamphlet ‘’The Hidden Tyranny’’.[7]

The film includes "five falsehoods" that were established, according to Dalton, by the Jews "to conceal their nature and protect their status and power." The "five falsehoods" include:[8]

1. The Jews are 'Israelites,' and thus God’s chosen people

2. Jesus Christ was a Jew

3. That 6 million Jews were killed in a holocaust during WWII

4. That all races are equal, or that all are brothers

5. That the Jews are just another religious group

Yeah, people shouldn't lose their job for pushing this type of innocuous "wild conspiracy theory". I mean it's not like a little bit of anti-semitism ever hurt anybody, hasn't it?

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #8405 on: November 10, 2022, 11:06:46 pm »
Yeah, The only Kyrie-related story on the ESPN front page is about Nike likely severing ties with him.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8406 on: November 18, 2022, 08:57:10 am »
How Bucks’ Brook Lopez reinvented his 3-point shot with the help of ‘Noah’

Great article on Brook Lopez's improved 3 point shot, although it's behind a pay wall. This is the technology he used:

With a camera placed seven feet above the rim, the Noah Shooting System can measure shots from all over the court in real time. But as Lopez explained, it doesn’t just record whether the shot went through the net; it can record just about everything about the shot. It can tell the exact arc — the name Noah is a play on words from “Noah’s Arc (sic) in the Bible because the company’s original focus was on the arc of the shot and Noah built the perfect arc” — of each shot. It measures where the shot gets to the rim — front rim, swish, back rim — and also whether the shot is on-line — left or right.

The Noah Shooting System is not just a camera though; it is also a computer that can project a real-time measurement through a speaker system in the gym. Immediately after a shot, the speakers can project a reading in one of three ways:

arc, expressed in a number of degrees (typically between 40 and 50)
depth, expressed in a number of inches (between 0 and 18)
left-right coordinates, expressed in a number of inches (between minus-9 and 9)

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8407 on: December 28, 2022, 08:22:31 am »
The NBA is so rich in talent right now and a lot of it is international. Doncic, Antetokounmpo and Jokic are all world. Wembanyama is going to be next.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #8408 on: February 4, 2023, 02:32:43 am »
Kyrie Irving wanting a trade, pretty sure I read less than a week ago he was talking about being all in with the Nets…

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8409 on: February 5, 2023, 12:37:25 pm »
LeBron James 36 points away from the NBA all time points record, next Lakers game Oklahoma City Thunder home 3am Wednesday morning.
#Sausages

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8410 on: February 5, 2023, 12:48:06 pm »
Kyrie Irving wanting a trade, pretty sure I read less than a week ago he was talking about being all in with the Nets…
So pathetic that this guy was named an All Star, that's all you need to know about the NBA fans ffs. Such a parasite and locker room problem. His Cavs team was a lottery team without lebron, he failed in Celtics as well as the Nets. He has no respect to his profession, teammates, coaches and management whatsoever.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #8411 on: February 5, 2023, 02:26:21 pm »
So pathetic that this guy was named an All Star, that's all you need to know about the NBA fans ffs. Such a parasite and locker room problem. His Cavs team was a lottery team without lebron, he failed in Celtics as well as the Nets. He has no respect to his profession, teammates, coaches and management whatsoever.

He'll fit right in with the Lakers then...

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8412 on: February 5, 2023, 08:22:58 pm »

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8413 on: February 5, 2023, 08:58:44 pm »
Cuban is a level-headed fella but wtf. this isn't a good move for Dallas.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8414 on: February 5, 2023, 09:52:56 pm »
They do realise there's only one ball on the court, don't they? Anyway, congrats to Kyrie on moving to a proper wingnut state.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8415 on: February 5, 2023, 09:59:35 pm »
yeah risky imo. I think they make another trade and ship out Wood. Kyrie-Luka sidekicking will shape their season.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8416 on: February 5, 2023, 10:01:17 pm »
They do realise there's only one ball on the court, don't they? Anyway, congrats to Kyrie on moving to a proper wingnut state.
They sort of need another ball handler since Brunson left though. Kyrie doing this thing may actually take some pressure of Luka. I won't be surprised if Kyrie just stops playing for personal reasons though lol

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8417 on: February 5, 2023, 10:42:56 pm »
@alex_kirschner

Sending Kyrie to the city where JFK got assassinated opens up all kinds of avenues for him to do some exciting research
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8418 on: February 6, 2023, 09:08:19 am »
Luka the biggest ballhog in the league, officially. It's a case of when it goes south not if.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8419 on: February 8, 2023, 05:23:31 am »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8420 on: February 8, 2023, 05:49:52 am »
I know Americans do things differently but fcking hell, why couldn't that presentation wait until the end of the game?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8422 on: February 8, 2023, 07:25:46 am »
I know Americans do things differently but fcking hell, why couldn't that presentation wait until the end of the game?
They did the same thing for Steph with the 3 point record. Timing was little better as mid way though the 1st quarter instead of like 40 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.
It was always going to be stopped for it.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8423 on: February 8, 2023, 07:52:33 am »

Done down under.

Not a record but only the 6th to kick 1000 goals in the AFL.

5mins remaining in the match. Took over 30 mins to restart the match. This is pretty close to where I was sitting. Phenomenal experience to be there for it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z4f32EHfZus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z4f32EHfZus</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8424 on: February 8, 2023, 09:20:25 am »
Fair enough. Haven't watched a full game in years but had to be up to watch history. It was a lot of fun to watch, the stoppages are so much and I have to recalibrate my brain as to what a foul is because what I saw was soft as hell. But yeah I'm going to be watching more now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8425 on: February 8, 2023, 09:22:28 am »
Done down under.

Not a record but only the 6th to kick 1000 goals in the AFL.

5mins remaining in the match. Took over 30 mins to restart the match. This is pretty close to where I was sitting. Phenomenal experience to be there for it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z4f32EHfZus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z4f32EHfZus</a>

1000 proper goals? Or including the bonus points you get for missing?

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8426 on: February 8, 2023, 09:24:13 am »
1000 proper goals? Or including the bonus points you get for missing?

Proper.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8427 on: February 8, 2023, 10:29:58 am »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8428 on: February 8, 2023, 12:02:37 pm »

Think just trying to capture the moment LeBron James broke the record, but i know it's quite bizarre in the middle of the game, imagine Spurs doing that last Sunday against City when Harry Kane broke the Spurs all time scoring record.

I don't really watch NBA[all the games start far too late at night], felt had to wake up a bit early for that one with history being made.
#Sausages

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8429 on: February 8, 2023, 12:49:23 pm »
It's not really that strange given that sides can call time-out at almost any point in the game. US sports are made for this sort of thing.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8430 on: February 8, 2023, 07:26:39 pm »

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8431 on: February 8, 2023, 09:33:44 pm »
Nice. Lakers aren't great. Will he finish his career there though?
He already said he wants to play with Bronny. His contract lines up to be an FA when Bronny is eligible to be drafted

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #8433 on: February 9, 2023, 10:08:58 am »
Suns have to be heavy favourites now if they don't win it with KD in their team it would the biggest failure in NBA history.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8434 on: February 9, 2023, 02:05:28 pm »
Where does James figure now in GOAT debate? For the layman like me it was always Chamberlain or Jordon - is it now a 3-way argument?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8435 on: February 9, 2023, 02:20:10 pm »
Where does James figure now in GOAT debate? For the layman like me it was always Chamberlain or Jordon - is it now a 3-way argument?

For me, it's Jordan.  Was listening a little to Chris Russo on the radio while I was driving yesterday and quite a few of his callers had Kareem as the goat.

Top 5 for me;

Jordan
Kareem
Lebron
Russell
Magic

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8436 on: February 9, 2023, 02:29:52 pm »

He’s the best.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #8437 on: February 9, 2023, 02:32:32 pm »
Suns have to be heavy favourites now if they don't win it with KD in their team it would the biggest failure in NBA history.
Strongly disagree to be honest. They are undoubtedly better on paper, but they have gutted their depth and are relying on two injury prone stars, one who is a shadow of himself these days (Paul) and KD, plus Booker who is coming off an injury. If they remain healthy, they have the best team on paper, but the Celtics, Nuggets, and Bucks have enough to challenge them.

This isn't a 2016/2017 Warriors situation.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #8438 on: February 9, 2023, 02:33:33 pm »
It's a wild card. If it works, they can make a run in the playoffs. If it doesn't, they let Kyrie walk in the summer and have some cap space to work with. Losing the first round pick is unfortunate for them, but they didn't have the assets to get a reliable star... so Kyrie was the next best option.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8439 on: February 9, 2023, 08:57:20 pm »
Nets trade Kevin Durant to the Suns.
#Sausages