Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 434966 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #9920 on: January 13, 2021, 12:31:59 PM »
Seventeen players on the Dallas Stars test positive for COVID :o

:o indeed!

3 games on the tellybox here this evening starting at 5.30pm east coast time with a nice battle of Pennsylvania!

I shall then be cheering on the Chicago Blackhawks as they take on Tampa Bay, in that odd geographical division.

The other one (Blues - Avs) will be too late a start to watch here.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9921 on: January 13, 2021, 06:12:57 PM »
These games are going to be exhausting especially for the Canadian teams. The teams in the Northeast will benefit from lack of travel. The NHL have been wanting to push rivalries for years. They've got it now, unless they cancel games left and right like the NBA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
« Reply #9922 on: January 13, 2021, 06:21:55 PM »
These games are going to be exhausting especially for the Canadian teams. The teams in the Northeast will benefit from lack of travel. The NHL have been wanting to push rivalries for years. They've got it now, unless they cancel games left and right like the NBA

they are, although they have tried to make it so teams travelling west and or east, end up playing back to back games vs the same team.

Whereas the eastern one is less travel, it’s soing to be a madly tough division.

Whereas I wish of course that sports could be normal - as it’d mean we are no longer going through this madness, the one side of I do like is that there won’t be any playing teams from the opposite conference.

NHL may want rivalries - but it’s the league that has destroyed them over the last 15-20 years with their ridiculous expansion - and cutting down of inter division games.

From a Rangers supporting perspective, I wish they could just played inter-conference and maybe original six. Only non eastern teams I have any interest in seeing the Rangers play during a regular season is Chicago and Detroit. 

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9923 on: January 23, 2021, 04:46:39 PM »
Laine deal works out great for Columbus (maybe not so much for Laine with Torts).

Offline dalarr

• Call me sensitive
  • Believer
« Reply #9924 on: January 24, 2021, 07:35:23 PM »
Obviously I have never worked with the man but Torts seems to have calmed down a bit in recent years. He’s doing a great job with Columbus as well, I remember the mess they were in when he took over.