Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4621931 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread
« Reply #71320 on: October 30, 2020, 12:12:57 am »
I have never gambled and don't understand gambling.
Can someone help explain what the bookies are predicting with regards to Biden v Trump?

Polling suggests Trump has an 11% of winning, bookies odds suggest around a 33% chance.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #71321 on: October 30, 2020, 12:14:44 am »
It’s not even worth a bet now. If the odds reflected his polling numbers then you would be in for an absolute huge win.

That said Trump at this stage last time wasn’t as big an outsider with the bookies than something like Brexit.

Got 6/1 for leave at 9.55pm on the 23rd June 2016.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71322 on: October 30, 2020, 12:17:36 am »
Polling suggests Trump has an 11% of winning, bookies odds suggest around a 33% chance.

Sort of.. They have their expectations, but they also do their odds based on what they think people would bet on.. Liverpool and united always get stupid low odds because they know people would bet on them anyway so they lower the odds they put out.
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71323 on: October 30, 2020, 12:21:00 am »

Trump could be attracting money from Trump fans who let's face it are by definition credulous fuckwits as well as people putting on a bet to soften the blow if he wins.

Probably the only time I won pretty regularly on betting was when ferguson was in charge for united. wanted them so bad to lose, so could place a few bets on the opposite. never bet on liverpool though.. three points is more than sufficient
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #71324 on: October 30, 2020, 08:38:26 am »
Honestly, the most shocking thing Trump could do at this stage is concede defeat when it's obvious he has lost.  But he would only do that if he knew his own supporters wouldn't stand for it and start taking to the streets, so it would only be a ploy anyway.

He wont leave until somebody holds a certain device to his head and orders him out of the office.

Not... the purple Dildo...?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71325 on: October 30, 2020, 09:04:52 am »

Oh if only.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #71326 on: October 30, 2020, 09:07:43 am »
Got 6/1 for leave at 9.55pm on the 23rd June 2016.

Isn't that what hedge funds do? Bet on others misery? ;D

Anyway I rarely come into this thread because I find American politics a bit weird what with all the flag waving and militant Christianity but Biden winning would at least give this year of Covid and absent centre backs a bit of balance.

Having to see Trump's gurning mug for another four years as he and his cronies plot to put his Stepford Wife daughter in the White House will finish me of, as well as the millions of Americans who will lose health care.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71327 on: October 30, 2020, 09:40:01 am »
I remember winning big with a fiver bet on Utd to beat City 4-2 in 2015 using money I'd won with a 33-1 tenner bet on the National the day before.  Those two bets together made me hundreds!

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #71328 on: October 30, 2020, 10:01:16 am »
I remember winning big with a fiver bet on Utd to beat City 4-2 in 2015 using money I'd won with a 33-1 tenner bet on the National the day before.  Those two bets together made me hundreds!

I could tell you what it feels like to have a lucky 15 bet on 4 horses at the cheltenham festival with odds of significant double digits come in  but I will refrain....

Al is absolutely right. The odds shortening slightly on Trump mean nothing really. It is just bookies making sure they profit either way.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71329 on: October 30, 2020, 11:40:38 am »
Well I've never placed a bet on my life so have no clue about odds at all  ;D but it wouldn't surprise me if individuals from Russia are slapping money on Trump, just to fuck with the odds and spook everyone.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #71330 on: October 30, 2020, 12:20:36 pm »

Hairdryer on full blast?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #71331 on: October 30, 2020, 12:47:22 pm »
Isn't that what hedge funds do? Bet on others misery? ;D

Anyway I rarely come into this thread because I find American politics a bit weird what with all the flag waving and militant Christianity but Biden winning would at least give this year of Covid and absent centre backs a bit of balance.

Having to see Trump's gurning mug for another four years as he and his cronies plot to put his Stepford Wife daughter in the White House will finish me of, as well as the millions of Americans who will lose health care.

Its the old hoping for the best, betting on the worse mantra that I have on things like this.

Interesting article on what could happen in the case of a Trump win/dispute/fix concerning a possible reaction from sports - some very interesting revelations regarding the college game.

Spoiler
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/if-trump-wins-the-election-athletes-might-just-stop-playing.html

If Trump Wins, Athletes Might Just Stop Playing

By Will Leitch

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a relatively high-level sports executive about the election, which is to say we were discussing something terrible Donald Trump had said or done. We agreed that Trump was likely to lose. “But he could always still win — even Nate Silver says that,” I remarked.

The executive then said something that stunned me, though the more and more I think about it, the more sense it makes. “If Trump wins, or if he refuses to concede, I’m telling you right now: There won’t be any sports for a month,” he said. “Maybe more. These kids just won’t stand for it.”

Of all the seismic sports stories during this constantly erupting year, nothing was more potentially revolutionary than the week players just stopped playing. It began when the Milwaukee Bucks decided to boycott a playoff game they were about to play after the shooting of Jacob Blake by Kenosha police officers back in August. (What they were technically doing was striking, but the world seems to have collectively agreed to call it a boycott, so I’ll do the same here.) The players were specific and focused in their demands, explicitly asking the Wisconsin state legislature “to reconvene after months of inaction and take up meaningful measures to address issues of police accountability, brutality and criminal justice reform.” The boycott’s scope quickly expanded to include other teams in the NBA (all games for that day and the next two days were canceled) and, remarkably, other sports, including the NHL, WNBA, and even Major League Baseball. The message was clear: The league-branded #BLM and “It Takes All of Us” slogans were not enough to meet this historic moment. The players demanded action.

The thing is, though, they didn’t really end up with much. Bucks players got the Wisconsin state legislature to convene, but zero Republican senators showed up, so the whole thing was a bit of a bust. (And by then the team was back on the court, anyway.) Some players secured commitments from team owners to use their arenas as early voting sites, but while that’s been a success in some places (such as Atlanta, where Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce has been personally ushering voters through the line), the plan has been thwarted in other areas by local Republican officials — in Miami’s case, the mayor. And the NFL, the league whose players started the whole trend toward activism with Colin Kaepernick’s protest, has been nearly politics-free since the season began, much to the frustration of many players.

Player activism hasn’t been a failure, though, at least not yet. Some of it has instead been channeled through LeBron James’s “More Than a Vote” campaign, which got Barack Obama involved earlier this month and has recruited more than 40,000 poll workers in addition to registering hundreds of thousands of new voters. The general strategy seems to be, Get Trump out, then figure out the next steps. As with the larger world of Democratic politics, pragmatism has been the name of the game. Nothing can be done until this election is won.

Settling for less in the near term is a reasonable strategy — as long as Joe Biden wins. But what happens if Trump overcomes his long odds and does somehow prevail? I think you will see the largest and most expensive athlete protest in the history of sports. I agree with my executive friend: I think they will simply refuse to play.

One can argue about the effectiveness of such a move. But a Trump victory would, I suspect, change sports for a generation. Trump’s numbers with Black men and young people are the lowest among any demographic group (despite some recent gains in the former category), and those groups are of course the backbone of the NBA and other sports. James has maneuvered himself into a position of considerable political power — at this point, it wouldn’t be the least bit surprising to see him run for some sort of office when his career is over — and that power is not going to abate if Trump wins. But it won’t be LeBron sitting out immediately after Trump is elected: The next NBA season, after all, is still many months out.

No, it’ll be football — the pros and maybe college — that would set the tone. The disparity between NFL players (70 percent Black) and NFL owners (0 percent Black) was a potentially combustible dynamic in the league long before Colin Kaepernick, and it’s not difficult to imagine it exploding in the wake of a Trump victory considering how many owners are Trump supporters and donors, how little traction protests have gotten this current season, and how much ill will there still is about the way the NFL handled the Kaepernick situation. The NFL messaging machine has tried to absorb the activism happening around it without too much disruption to the sport. But another Trump victory could blow up the delicate balancing act commissioner Roger Goodell has been attempting to pull off. It could set the league ablaze. And college football could not be far behind. Remember, many still believe the real reason the Big Ten and Pac-12 originally canceled their seasons (before reversing course) was not due to COVID but because a small minority of players were threatening to boycott the season while demanding a reckoning on racial justice. That spark has not been extinguished, even if they didn’t follow through on their threat. A Trump victory could relight it and engulf everything.

What does this look like in practice? It’s difficult to say. Let’s say Trump wins next Tuesday. The protests and unrest inevitably erupting in the streets would be impossible to ignore, and NFL players, angry and desperate, would want to be a part of the movement. Forgoing that Sunday’s games — or at the very least the scheduled Thursday game — feel like the least of it. (It is perhaps not the best sign that the reelection of a president would be greeted by wide swaths of the public with the same gravity as 9/11 was.) How would NFL brass react? Would the solidarity with Black Lives Matter evaporate when confronted with four more years of Trump tweeting about kneeling players? It would be an existential crisis for the league: furious players, Trump-supporting owners, and a massive boycott smack in the middle of the season. It’s difficult to imagine a way out — particularly because Trump would be a source of constant fuel for the fire.

But it might not even take a Trump victory to stop the games. Imagine if, after next Tuesday, the election is close enough that Trump doesn’t concede but the result is clear enough that it is widely understood that he should. Trump’s team is likely to flood the zone with lawsuits and misinformation in an attempt to overwhelm an already-fried electorate into shutting everything out and attempting to carry on with normal-ish life amid the madness. That seems an ideal time for sports to take a stand, and many athletes would refuse to sit idly by.

No matter what happens, it’s clear that the transition from the fierce activism of the summer to the #vote movement in sports has been constructed largely to stop the president. When an NBA or NFL player or coach is making a plea for you to register to vote and make your voice heard, there is an implicit subtext: Not Trump. This strategy has been delivered from the top down, likely in part as a result from James’s many conversations with Barack Obama in the wake of the NBA boycott. It checks out: Obama’s signature anti-Trump message always comes down to “Vote.” And that’s all great if it works. But if it doesn’t? If players still can’t make their voices heard? Look out. There will be a reckoning. I agree with my friend: The games will stop.
[close]

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71332 on: October 30, 2020, 12:53:10 pm »
I hadn't seen this before but just gobsmackingly amazing.  From Rush Limbaugh during the 2016 election about Trumps assault allegations.

You know what the magic word, the only thing that matters in American sexual mores today is? One thing. You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent. If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left.

Essentially rape is preferable to anything they perceive as "deviant" despite being consensual.  That there is the essence of their entire beings as conservatives. 

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71333 on: October 30, 2020, 02:05:30 pm »
Better to rape one woman than have a consensual orgy. :butt

Any pictures of him with Epstein?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #71334 on: October 30, 2020, 02:10:16 pm »
I hadn't seen this before but just gobsmackingly amazing.  From Rush Limbaugh during the 2016 election about Trumps assault allegations.

Essentially rape is preferable to anything they perceive as "deviant" despite being consensual.  That there is the essence of their entire beings as conservatives.

I remember an American member of this very site making a similar argument a few years ago. Don't remember who and I assume they don't still post.

Ah yes, here it is:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=322375.msg14972281#msg14972281

So someone who is still a member of the site but seems to only post about football now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:19:03 pm by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #71335 on: October 30, 2020, 02:25:59 pm »
So someone who is still a member of the site but seems to only post about football now.

or betting
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #71336 on: October 30, 2020, 02:34:08 pm »

The giveaway phrase there is "rape police". As in "and here come the rape police."

That trope is usually used to heighten the absurdity of a situation by pointing a department of the police force that couldn't possible exist. eg "Here come the grammar police", "Here come the fashion police" etc. Rush Limbaugh, deep down (actually not that deep down), must believe that the idea of any rape being investigated by the police is self-evidently absurd. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71337 on: October 30, 2020, 02:37:48 pm »
Guys like this believe the man's rights supersede a woman's. He probably thinks marital rape is impossible because a woman promises to obey her husband...

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #71338 on: October 30, 2020, 02:53:02 pm »
The giveaway phrase there is "rape police". As in "and here come the rape police."

That trope is usually used to heighten the absurdity of a situation by pointing a department of the police force that couldn't possible exist. eg "Here come the grammar police", "Here come the fashion police" etc. Rush Limbaugh, deep down (actually not that deep down), must believe that the idea of any rape being investigated by the police is self-evidently absurd.

Good catch. Someone who uses "x police" is implying that 'x' isn't a crime and only overbearing killjoys would consider it so.

Slightly related:

Spoiler
[close]
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #71339 on: October 30, 2020, 03:07:37 pm »
Guys like this believe the man's rights supersede a woman's. He probably thinks marital rape is impossible because a woman promises to obey her husband...

I'm getting off here - that's just triggered me.

Beyond sickening.

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71340 on: October 30, 2020, 03:08:10 pm »
Trying to have a conversation with some Trumpers on the net is virtually impossible as one guy told me how could the virus be an issue as if it was then his morning commute would be thinning out. I was gobsmacked when I read that and said why dont you drive down to your local hospitals and tell them the same. Some people should not have the right to vote I guess. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71341 on: October 30, 2020, 03:48:37 pm »
Trying to have a conversation with some Trumpers on the net is virtually impossible as one guy told me how could the virus be an issue as if it was then his morning commute would be thinning out. I was gobsmacked when I read that and said why dont you drive down to your local hospitals and tell them the same. Some people should not have the right to vote I guess.

That points to a more general problem, that doesn't necessarily have to do with Trump, Johnson or anyone else: Right wingers are generally c*nts.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #71342 on: October 30, 2020, 04:29:53 pm »
I remember an American member of this very site making a similar argument a few years ago. Don't remember who and I assume they don't still post.

Ah yes, here it is:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=322375.msg14972281#msg14972281

I didn't understand Bob's rant, thankfully.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #71343 on: October 30, 2020, 04:51:49 pm »

Ah yes, here it is:

Putting aside how abhorrent his views are for a second, I did enjoy this little exchange:

What of the beauty of sexual compatibility?
I don't know what you mean by that.
I know.

;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71344 on: October 30, 2020, 04:55:55 pm »

Ah yes, here it is:

Wow, that guy must be a member of Amish society.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71345 on: October 30, 2020, 05:45:02 pm »
I still remember the dude who very nonchalantly tried to explain the virtues of the FGM he had subjected his baby daughter to. Think he earned a very quick ban.  He's probably still wondering why too.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #71346 on: October 30, 2020, 05:59:29 pm »
Putting aside how abhorrent his views are for a second, I did enjoy this little exchange:

;D

I allowed myself a brief sojourn into more of that conversation, I loved this bit from Bob:

University. It was a sexual "war-zone" back then, and by all accounts not much has changed. We give our boys and girls zero guidance beyond the principle of "consent" and arming them with contraceptives (and alcohol of course). No exhortation to moderation. No suggestion of discipline, of controlling and subduing one's passions. Certainly no mention of the beauty of giving oneself to another completely in the sacred vow of marriage, or the possibility of chastity.

I imagine a volunteer Christian at a freshers' fair trying to recruit for their bible study group: "Hey guys, exploring your new adult status with legal drinking and sexual experimentation is cool I guess, but have you thought instead about denying your urges and saving yourself for marriage instead?"

On the other hand, scrolling past a ton of posts from October 2016 confident that Trump was about to get crushed is a bit more sobering!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 06:02:13 pm by Riquende »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71347 on: October 30, 2020, 06:21:14 pm »
Some light humour flashback to 2012 to cheer us all up.  John Stewart talks about the avalanche on bullshit mountain.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZB3LhRrzs6A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZB3LhRrzs6A</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #71348 on: October 30, 2020, 06:49:39 pm »
Trump pushing for the "Election to end on the 3rd".  What a pussy.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71349 on: October 30, 2020, 07:02:07 pm »
Trump pushing for the "Election to end on the 3rd".  What a pussy.

Scared shitless.  A country the size of America should get used to the idea of not knowing the result on election night. In the old days it probably took weeks.

It will be hard for him to argue his case in front of SCOTUS if he's buried under a landslide, but the landslide might take a few days to fully materialise.

Popcorn's Art

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #71350 on: October 30, 2020, 07:07:34 pm »
Scared shitless.  A country the size of America should get used to the idea of not knowing the result on election night. In the old days it probably took weeks.

It will be hard for him to argue his case in front of SCOTUS if he's buried under a landslide, but the landslide might take a few days to fully materialise.

100% - Fully expect his campaign to be calling it by about 8pm EST.  But hopefully by midnight the landslide will materialize.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #71351 on: October 30, 2020, 07:48:28 pm »
I still remember the dude who very nonchalantly tried to explain the virtues of the FGM he had subjected his baby daughter to. Think he earned a very quick ban.  He's probably still wondering why too.

What, what, what the actual fuck?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71352 on: October 30, 2020, 08:16:36 pm »

Bloody hell that is dark.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71353 on: October 30, 2020, 09:04:45 pm »

A country the size of New Zealand is still counting votes from the election two weeks ago. The so-called special votes that come in from overseas etc. All will count, and there is certainly one seat, and a referendum result that could be affected.

The long transition period of the US presidency (which seems odd to those in countries like the UK where the PM is out on the street outside Number 10 the next day if they lose) is largely due to the time it took the votes to be properly counted, electors assigned and the relevant people who had then been elected contacted and for them to travel to Washington. Kavanaugh's nonsense ruling has no basis in history or reality.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71354 on: October 30, 2020, 09:07:44 pm »
What, what, what the actual fuck?

Years ago now mate.  I even had a PM exchange with him, but deleted them when my inbox got full.  Has to be before 2014.

Popcorn's Art

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #71355 on: October 30, 2020, 09:14:26 pm »
Years ago now mate.  I even had a PM exchange with him, but deleted them when my inbox got full.  Has to be before 2014.

Well hopefully that individual has had time to reconsider his views. There’s some interesting opinions on this forum about a number of subjects, and that’s to be expected with a large number of members and posters, but your post actually surprised me, and these days not a lot does.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #71356 on: October 30, 2020, 09:14:50 pm »
Some light humour flashback to 2012 to cheer us all up.  John Stewart talks about the avalanche on bullshit mountain.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZB3LhRrzs6A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZB3LhRrzs6A</a>

God I miss Jon Stewart. Him vs Tucker Carlson remains some of the best TV of all time.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71357 on: October 30, 2020, 09:23:56 pm »
Well hopefully that individual has had time to reconsider his views. There’s some interesting opinions on this forum about a number of subjects, and that’s to be expected with a large number of members and posters, but your post actually surprised me, and these days not a lot does.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I imagined it, and I wish I'd kept the PMs as evidence.  I seem to be the only one who recalls it, which is odd as it's the kind of thing you would think sticks in a person's head.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #71358 on: October 30, 2020, 09:26:22 pm »
Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I imagined it, and I wish I'd kept the PMs as evidence.  I seem to be the only one who recalls it, which is odd as it's the kind of thing you would think sticks in a person's head.

I vaguely remember something about it, or maybe it was just you talking about it some other time  ;D I can't be 100% certain.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71359 on: October 30, 2020, 09:29:20 pm »
I vaguely remember something about it, or maybe it was just you talking about it some other time  ;D I can't be 100% certain.

Well I've been here since 2011, but my PM's only go back to 2014, so it must have happened in between those years. I have brought it up before though I think. ;D

I remember a lot of people going at him at the time, and he honestly couldn't get it.  It was all, "what?  what did I do?  I'm a Liverpool fan, you shouldn't be going after me like this!"

Popcorn's Art