Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4622312 times)

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #50000 on: December 13, 2018, 06:38:32 pm »
WTF happened to him? He was great for the country during 9/11, appeared on snl, seemed down to earth, witty and somewhat genuine for a politician.

Now he has whored himself out for trump, become old, senile and bitter. Ruined any legacy.  Old age dementia? Seriously what happened?
Way back in this in thread someone posted a video that documented all the cray shit he’s said and done throughout his career. The man is an absolute meff.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50001 on: December 13, 2018, 06:43:33 pm »
WTF happened to him? He was great for the country during 9/11, appeared on snl, seemed down to earth, witty and somewhat genuine for a politician.

Now he has whored himself out for trump, become old, senile and bitter. Ruined any legacy.  Old age dementia? Seriously what happened?

If you watch John Oliver you'll see he's always been like this.  9/11 was actually the aberration in his behaviour.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50002 on: December 13, 2018, 06:48:30 pm »

He is what years and years of cousin fucking does to a bloodline.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #50003 on: December 13, 2018, 07:01:56 pm »
If you watch John Oliver you'll see he's always been like this.  9/11 was actually the aberration in his behaviour.
Good shout that.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50004 on: December 13, 2018, 09:05:54 pm »
If he is protected by his party then is it not better to wait and take him out when he can't be blocked from going to prison. Obviously no ones going to wait 2 years for his shit, but the Republicans are slimy and will do all they can to thwart justice.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:08:32 pm by Machae »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50005 on: December 13, 2018, 09:10:52 pm »
If he is protected by his party then is it not better to wait and take him out when he can't be blocked from going to prison. Obviously no ones going to wait 2 years for his shit, but the Republicans are slimy.

That didn't work too well with Nixon.  As politically unpalatable as it might be, if Trump was indicted now, even if he couldn't actually stand trial, it would make it much harder for the next president to pardon him (as Ford did with Nixon, who left office without being indicted).

From an outsider's perspective, would be nice to see that hanging over him for the next two years, assuming he even lasts that long - and I don't think he will.

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50006 on: December 13, 2018, 09:15:13 pm »
Bigly trouble. Bigly, bigly, BIGLY trouble. :D

Trump was in the room during hush money discussions, NBC News confirms
A source confirms to NBC News that the "other member of the campaign" present when Michael Cohen and David Pecker agreed to silence women was Donald Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/trump-was-room-during-hush-money-discussions-nbc-news-confirms-n947536

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #50007 on: December 13, 2018, 09:20:20 pm »
Bigly trouble. Bigly, bigly, BIGLY trouble. :D

Trump was in the room during hush money discussions, NBC News confirms
A source confirms to NBC News that the "other member of the campaign" present when Michael Cohen and David Pecker agreed to silence women was Donald Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/trump-was-room-during-hush-money-discussions-nbc-news-confirms-n947536

Of course it was

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50008 on: December 13, 2018, 09:37:26 pm »
Senators vote to end US backing for Saudi war on Yemen

The US Senate has voted to withdraw US military aid for Saudi Arabia's war on Yemen and to blame the kingdom's crown prince for the murder of a journalist.

Members of President Donald Trump's Republican party joined Democrats by 56-41 to rebuke the longtime US ally over reporter Jamal Khashoggi's death.

Mr Trump has vowed to veto the largely symbolic measure, and it is unlikely to pass the House of Representatives.

Experts say Yemen is experiencing the world's worst humanitarian crisis.

The non-binding "war powers resolution" also calls on Saudi Arabia to "moderate its increasingly erratic foreign policy".

The US chose to cease refuelling Saudi war planes last month, and Thursday's resolution - if it were passed into law - would prohibit that practice from resuming.

The measure is seen as politically embarrassing to Mr Trump because he has refused to condemn Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman despite the CIA's assessment that he probably personally ordered the killing of Khashoggi, a US resident.

The Trump administration had opposed the bill, arguing that US support for the Saudi-led coalition is vital to isolating Iran, which backs the Houthi rebels who are fighting against Saudi Arabia in Yemen.

The bill calls upon President Trump to remove all US forces engaging in hostilities in Yemen, except for those combating Islamist extremists.

Earlier on Thursday, the warring parties met in Sweden where they reached an agreement to hold a ceasefire in the port city of Hudaydah, which serves as the principal lifeline for two-thirds of the country.

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said he hoped this would be the starting point to bring nearly four years of civil war to a close.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46561520

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50009 on: December 13, 2018, 10:29:40 pm »
Supposedly considering Kushy as his next Chief of Staff due to the lack of quality candidates.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #50010 on: December 13, 2018, 10:31:50 pm »
And now Trump's inauguration spending is under criminal investigation by federal prosecutors. Poor guy, can't catch a break.  :(

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-inauguration-spending-under-criminal-investigation-by-federal-prosecutors-11544736455

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50011 on: December 13, 2018, 10:34:02 pm »
Senators vote to end US backing for Saudi war on Yemen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46561520
We can only hope something positive can come from the graphic images and footage which was shown on a CNN report earlier today about suffering that's occurring. It's fucking barbaric. It was a broadcast you wouldn't get in this country.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50012 on: December 13, 2018, 10:46:36 pm »
just have to see what happens in the new year when Congress switches sides when it comes to Saudi Arabia.  I'd expect another vote of similar solidarity, of which vetoing will only isolate Trump further.  But by then I expect he'll have more immediate concerns...

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #50013 on: December 13, 2018, 11:01:08 pm »
If he is protected by his party then is it not better to wait and take him out when he can't be blocked from going to prison. Obviously no ones going to wait 2 years for his shit, but the Republicans are slimy and will do all they can to thwart justice.

The Dems will be patient. They want him to tar the whole party going into 2020.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50014 on: December 13, 2018, 11:17:20 pm »
The Dems will be patient. They want him to tar the whole party going into 2020.

Worries about peaceful transition of power are setting in. Pence, when awake, might be looking implicated.  Either way, whether he's able to resign and have Pence pardon him or he leaves another way, he seems fine throwing others in his way without thought. It feels like he wouldn't hesitate from throwing out a tweet about how people with 2nd amendment rights could do something...oh, wait....
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50015 on: December 13, 2018, 11:20:47 pm »
Boris and Natasha now communication directors for DHS.  ;)

Release Date: December 12, 2018
WE ARE BUILDING THE FIRST NEW BORDER WALL IN A DECADE.

DHS is committed to building wall and building wall quickly. We are not replacing short, outdated and ineffective wall with similar wall.  Instead, under this President we are building a wall that is 30-feet high.

More here:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work?fbclid=IwAR1kWKjnWyD4DnEktVPOfGH0Z9Ahli0fskR0J_MvF2Hu7ebcwK4D0nnW96A
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #50016 on: December 13, 2018, 11:34:32 pm »
It'll probably take Mexicans years to figure out tunnels.

So lemme get this straight.  Either everybody is lying and only Fungus is telling the truth, or …………..
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50017 on: December 13, 2018, 11:36:33 pm »
And now Trump's inauguration spending is under criminal investigation by federal prosecutors. Poor guy, can't catch a break.  :(

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-inauguration-spending-under-criminal-investigation-by-federal-prosecutors-11544736455

They lied about more than the attendance? :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50018 on: December 13, 2018, 11:36:55 pm »
We can only hope something positive can come from the graphic images and footage which was shown on a CNN report earlier today about suffering that's occurring. It's fucking barbaric. It was a broadcast you wouldn't get in this country.

Don't be silly, America needs its $10 billion $40 billion $100 billion $400 billion dollar arms deal. MBS looked me in the eye and said he wasn't causing suffering in Yemen, and I believe him.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50019 on: December 13, 2018, 11:37:27 pm »
It'll probably take Mexicans years to figure out tunnels.

So lemme get this straight.  Either everybody is lying and only Fungus is telling the truth, or …………..

No one is truthier than Donald.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50020 on: December 13, 2018, 11:37:52 pm »
Worries about peaceful transition of power are setting in. Pence, when awake, might be looking implicated.  Either way, whether he's able to resign and have Pence pardon him or he leaves another way, he seems fine throwing others in his way without thought. It feels like he wouldn't hesitate from throwing out a tweet about how people with 2nd amendment rights could do something...oh, wait....

President Pelosi? That would be interesting...

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50021 on: December 13, 2018, 11:39:51 pm »
Boris and Natasha now communication directors for DHS.  ;)

Release Date: December 12, 2018
WE ARE BUILDING THE FIRST NEW BORDER WALL IN A DECADE.

DHS is committed to building wall and building wall quickly. We are not replacing short, outdated and ineffective wall with similar wall.  Instead, under this President we are building a wall that is 30-feet high.

More here:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work?fbclid=IwAR1kWKjnWyD4DnEktVPOfGH0Z9Ahli0fskR0J_MvF2Hu7ebcwK4D0nnW96A

Moose and squirel are coming across the border fearless leader.   :)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #50022 on: December 13, 2018, 11:40:24 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQuto1fMp4
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #50023 on: December 14, 2018, 12:03:45 am »

CNN version for those not able to bypass WSJ's paywall: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/trump-inauguration-spending-investigation/index.html

Citing conversations with people familiar with the investigation, which is being handled by the US Attorney's office in Manhattan, the Journal reported that prosecutors are also looking into whether the committee accepted donations from individuals looking to gain influence in or access to the new administration.
The newspaper notes that "giving money in exchange for political favors" is illegal, as is misuse of any donated funds. The committee was registered as a nonprofit.

During a raid of Cohen's properties last spring, a recorded conversation between him and Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a former adviser to first lady Melania Trump, was seized, according to the newspaper. Wolkoff expressed concern in the conversation about how the inaugural committee was spending money, a person familiar with the Cohen investigation told the Journal.

Has Melanie lawyered up yet?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50024 on: December 14, 2018, 12:04:16 am »
Moose and squirel are coming across the border fearless leader.   :)

"Fan mail from some flounder?"
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50025 on: December 14, 2018, 12:52:02 am »
The Daily Beast
Get Ready for Mueller's Phase Two: The Middle East Connection
By Erin.Banco@thedailybeast.com (Erin Banco) 
2 hrs ago

Over the past year, the indictments, convictions, and guilty pleas have largely been connected, in one way or another, to Russia. But now, Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office is preparing to reveal to the public a different side of his investigation. In court filings that are set to drop in early 2019, prosecutors will begin to unveil Middle Eastern countries’ attempts to influence American politics, three sources familiar with this side of the probe told The Daily Beast.

In other words, the so-called “Russia investigation” is set to go global.

While one part of the Mueller team has indicted Russian spies and troll-masters, another cadre has been spending its time focusing on how Middle Eastern countries pushed cash to Washington politicos in an attempt to sway policy under President Trump’s  administration. Various witnesses affiliated with the Trump campaign have been questioned about their conversations with deeply connected individuals from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Israel, according to people familiar with the probe. Topics in those meetings ranged from the use of social media manipulation to help install Trump in the White House to the overthrow of the regime in Iran.

Now, according to those same sources, the Special Counsel’s Office is ready to outline what cooperating witnesses have told them about foreigners’ plans to help Trump win the presidency. Two sources with knowledge of the probe said Mueller’s team has for months discussed the possibility of issuing new charges on this side of the investigation.

“If this is going to be unveiled, this would be like the surfacing of the submarine but on the other plank which we haven’t seen,” said Harry Litman, a former U.S. attorney. “I guess what Mueller has to date has turned out to be pretty rich and detailed and more than we anticipated. This could turn out to be a rich part of the overall story.”

The switch in focus comes as Mueller winds down cooperation with former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, who participated in 19 interviews with the special counsel’s team. In often-heavily redacted court documents made public over the last two weeks, the Special Counsel’s Office hinted at ways in which Flynn helped with its investigation into links between Trumpworld figures and the Russian government.

But Flynn was also involved in conversations with representatives and influential individuals from other foreign governments, including the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Israel—encounters The Daily Beast has reported over the last several months. Flynn’s cooperation with Mueller could bring new details about the scope of the special counsel’s probe into how individuals from those countries offered not only to help Trump win the presidential election, but also how they sought to influence foreign policy in the early days of the administration.

Hussein Ibish, senior resident scholar at the Arab Gulf States Institute, said it is unclear if Mueller’s team will unveil nefarious foreign activity beyond what normally occurs in Washington.

“Many of these characters involved are somewhat unsavory,” he added. “But governments deal with all kinds of people all the time. It might be possible to question the wisdom of some of these connections, but not really possible to impugn the right of a government to deal with shadowy dealers in influence and access.”

Still, the Special Counsel’s Office has taken a keen interest this year in practices that were once considered business-as-usual in Washington. Republican operative Sam Patten pleaded guilty to the rarer-than-rare charge of “causing foreign money to be paid to the 2016-17 Presidential Inaugural Committee.” Former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Flynn were both charged with not disclosing parts of their businesses under the Foreign Agents Registration Act—the first indictments of this nature in more than half a century.   

It’s unclear exactly how, if at all, this side of Mueller’s probe overlaps with his mandate from the Department of Justice to investigate links and coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign.

Mueller also has the jurisdiction to “investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the special counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses,” according to the code.

“For something like this to happen, Mueller would have needed to get approval from Rosenstein for this,” Litman said. “It’s not really in the original grant of jurisdiction and it appears then that he made his case to Rosenstein some time ago and that Rosenstein agreed.”

George Nader, a Lebanese-American businessman and emissary to the UAE, seems to have sat at the nexus of the two, and Mueller’s office has been investigating several meetings Nader attended. Nader helped arrange the now-infamous meeting between Trump associate and Blackwater founder Erik Prince and Kirill Dmitriev, the head of one of Russia’s sovereign wealth funds—and he also acted somewhat as a go-between with representatives from Gulf state governments, at least one well-connected Israeli, and the Trump team. 

Although Nader has been cooperating with the Special Counsel’s Office since March, it is still unclear what evidence he has offered prosecutors during interviews.

In one August 2016 meeting, first reported by The New York Times and later confirmed by The Daily Beast, Nader told the room that the crown princes of both Saudi Arabia and the UAE were eager to help Trump win the election. Also ready to lend his services was Joel Zamel, a self-styled Mark Zuckerberg of the national-security world with deep ties to Israeli intelligence. Zamel had already been in close contact with the Trump team because one of his companies, Psy Group, had drawn up a plan to use social media manipulation to help Trump clinch the Republican nomination. The company sent former senior campaign aide Rick Gates that proposal.

But the connections between Trumpworld and Psy Group in 2016 were more extensive than previously reported, as The Daily Beast noted in November. Former employees said there were at least two other individuals who reached out to the firm during the campaign, both representing themselves as members of Trump’s inner circle.

Over the past year, Mueller’s team has interviewed a host of employees from Psy Group because of its connection to the Trump camp. Several former employees said the firm never went forward with its plan to help Trump, but others disputed that claim.

Zamel, through his lawyer, has also said publicly that he cooperated with the Special Counsel’s Office. His lawyer did not immediately respond to requests for comment for this story. The Special Counsel’s Office declined to comment. Nader’s lawyer did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Zamel remained close to the Trump team throughout the election and into the transition. Part of the reason? He had an easy in. He had been introduced to Nader years earlier by John Hannah, a former aide to Dick Cheney now working as a senior counselor at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a right-leaning think tank. Hannah has also been in the sights of the Special Counsel’s Office. 

Zamel popped back into the mix in the transition period after the election and further offered services, this time for crafting a plan for regime change in Iran. The Daily Beast was the first to report the meeting, which included Nader, Flynn, and a Saudi general, Ahmed al-Assiri. During this time, Nader was also promoting a plan to carry out economic sabotage against Tehran. The meeting appears to be part of Saudi and Emirati efforts to lobby the incoming Trump administration against Qatar and Iran, their top regional competitors. The New York Timesreported earlier this year that Nader worked with Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy to urge the White House to take an aggressive stance against the two countries.

Mueller has also probed Nader’s role in the January 2017 Seychelles meeting between Prince and Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund. In his house testimony, Prince said the meeting was a chance encounter and the two met to talk about trade and mineral wealth. But prosecutors this year received evidence that showed the meeting was premeditated. Communications reviewed by The Daily Beast reflect that narrative.

A memo shows the two spoke about a range of topics, including peace between Ukraine and Russia, military operations in Syria, investment in the Midwest, and nuclear weapons. Although RDIF is under U.S. sanctions, it was and is still legal for U.S. individuals to meet with Dmitriev, and, in some circumstances, do business with the fund.

Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee are hoping to take another shot at questioning Prince next year—part of the new Congress’ effort to investigate the Trump administration. Prince told The Daily Beast this summer that he was cooperating with the Special Counsel’s Office, but it is not clear to what extent. His previous lawyer, Victoria Toensing, is no longer representing him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/get-ready-for-muellers-phase-two-the-middle-east-connection/ar-BBQTxXm?ocid=spartanntp

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dcslnbWEHt0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dcslnbWEHt0</a>

"I think we're done here."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:53:48 am by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50026 on: December 14, 2018, 01:04:59 am »

Thanks Peckerhead.
Kill the humourless

Online Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #50027 on: December 14, 2018, 07:04:39 am »

Might as well start screaming to build a seawall!    :no

GLOBAL

Trump Moves to Deport Vietnam War Refugees
The White House again wants to expel certain groups of protected immigrants, a reversal after backing away from the policy months ago.

The Trump administration is resuming its efforts to deport certain protected Vietnamese immigrants who have lived in the United States for decades—many of them having fled the country during the Vietnam War.

This is the latest move in the president’s long record of prioritizing harsh immigration and asylum restrictions, and one that’s sure to raise eyebrows—the White House had hesitantly backed off the plan in August before reversing course. In essence, the administration has now decided that Vietnamese immigrants who arrived in the country before the establishment of diplomatic ties between the United States and Vietnam are subject to standard immigration law—meaning they are all eligible for deportation.

The new stance mirrors White House efforts to clamp down on immigration writ large, a frequent complaint of the president’s on the campaign trail and one he links to a litany of ills in the United States.

The administration last year began pursuing the deportation of many long-term immigrants from Vietnam, Cambodia, and other countries who the administration alleges are “violent criminal aliens.” But Washington and Hanoi have a unique 2008 agreement that specifically bars the deportation of Vietnamese people who arrived in the United States before July 12, 1995—the date the two former foes reestablished diplomatic relations following the Vietnam War.

The White House unilaterally reinterpreted the agreement in the spring of 2017 to exempt people convicted of crimes from its protections, allowing the administration to send back a small number of pre-1995 Vietnamese immigrants, a policy it retreated from this past August. Last week, however, James Thrower, a spokesperson for the U.S. embassy in Hanoi, said the American government was again reversing course.

Washington now believes that the 2008 agreement fails to protect pre-1995 Vietnamese immigrants from deportation, Thrower told The Atlantic. This would apply to such migrants who are either undocumented or have committed crimes, and this interpretation would not apply to those who have become American citizens.

“The United States and Vietnam signed a bilateral agreement on removals in 2008 that establishes procedures for deporting Vietnamese citizens who arrived in the United States after July 12, 1995, and are subject to final orders of removal,” Thrower said. “While the procedures associated with this specific agreement do not apply to Vietnamese citizens who arrived in the United States before July 12, 1995, it does not explicitly preclude the removal of pre-1995 cases.”

The about-turn came as a State Department spokesperson confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security had met with representatives of the Vietnamese embassy in Washington, D.C., but declined to provide details of when the talks took place or what was discussed.

Katie Waldman, a spokeswoman for DHS said: “We have 5,000 convicted criminal aliens from Vietnam with final orders of removal—these are non-citizens who during previous administrations were arrested, convicted, and ultimately ordered removed by a federal immigration judge. It’s a priority of this administration to remove criminal aliens to their home country.”

Spokespeople for the Vietnamese embassy did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

But the Southeast Asia Resource Action Center, a Washington, D.C., advocacy group, said in a statement that the purpose of the meeting was to change the 2008 agreement. That deal had initially been set to last for five years, and was to be automatically extended every three years unless either party opted out. Under those rules, it was set to renew next month. Since 1998, final removal orders have been issued for more than 9,000 Vietnamese nationals.

When it first decided to reinterpret the 2008 deal, Donald Trump’s administration argued that only pre-1995 arrivals with criminal convictions were exempt from the agreement’s protection and eligible for deportation. Vietnam initially conceded and accepted some of those immigrants before stiffening its resistance; about a dozen Vietnamese immigrants ended up being deported from the United States. The August decision to change course, reported to a California court in October, appeared to put such moves at least temporarily on ice, but the latest shift leaves the fate of a larger number of Vietnamese immigrants in doubt. Now all pre-1995 arrivals are exempt from the 2008 agreement’s protection.

Many pre-1995 arrivals, all of whom were previously protected under the 2008 agreement by both the administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, were refugees from the Vietnam War. Some are the children of those who once allied with American and South Vietnamese forces, an attribute that renders them undesirable to the current regime in Hanoi, which imputes anti-regime beliefs to the children of those who opposed North Vietnam. This anti-Communist constituency includes minorities such as the children of the American-allied Montagnards, who are persecuted in Vietnam for both their ethnicity and Christian religion.

The Trump administration’s move reflects an entirely new reading of the agreement, according to Ted Osius, who served as the United States ambassador to Vietnam from December 2014 through November 2017.* Osius said that while he was in office, the 2008 agreement was accepted by all involved parties as banning the deportation of all pre-1995 Vietnamese immigrants.

“We understood that the agreement barred the deportation of pre-1995 Vietnamese. Both governments—and the Vietnamese-American community—interpreted it that way,” Osius told The Atlantic in an email. The State Department, he added, had explained this to both the White House and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

News of the Trump administration’s renewed hard line quickly made the rounds on Vietnamese American social media, with advocacy groups warning of potentially increased deportations.

“Forty-three years ago, a lot of the Southeast Asian communities and Vietnamese communities fled their countries and their homeland due to the war, which the U.S. was involved in, fleeing for their safety and the safety of their families,” said Kevin Lam, the organizing director of the Asian American Resource Workshop, an advocacy group. “The U.S. would do well to remember that.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/12/donald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50028 on: December 14, 2018, 09:37:19 am »
The Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court just quit the Republican party citing Kavanagh as the reason.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50029 on: December 14, 2018, 10:40:30 am »
Short version on Trump's inauguration financial woes, courtesy of Rachel Maddow:

Obama's 2009 inauguration was the biggest in history, and raised $43m in donations.  Trump's inauguration about about a third as large - yet raised $107m in donations.

No audit explaining how the money was spent has ever been produced.  Trump's people claimed an audit had been done and assured everyone everything was above board, but refused to release it.  No trace of this so-called audit has ever been uncovered; and the chief treasurer behind it has a criminal record for tax fraud.

Popcorn's Art

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50030 on: December 14, 2018, 12:50:04 pm »
The Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court just quit the Republican party citing Kavanagh as the reason.

It's still so strange that a Chief Justice could even be a member of a political party.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50031 on: December 14, 2018, 02:56:12 pm »
It's still so strange that a Chief Justice could even be a member of a political party.

Not really in the US where all types of judiciary and law enforcement are elected and have parties.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50032 on: December 14, 2018, 03:26:43 pm »
The Trump administration’s move reflects an entirely new reading of the agreement, according to Ted Osius, who served as the United States ambassador to Vietnam from December 2014 through November 2017.* Osius said that while he was in office, the 2008 agreement was accepted by all involved parties as banning the deportation of all pre-1995 Vietnamese immigrants.

“We understood that the agreement barred the deportation of pre-1995 Vietnamese. Both governments—and the Vietnamese-American community—interpreted it that way,” Osius told The Atlantic in an email. The State Department, he added, had explained this to both the White House and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

News of the Trump administration’s renewed hard line quickly made the rounds on Vietnamese American social media, with advocacy groups warning of potentially increased deportations.

“Forty-three years ago, a lot of the Southeast Asian communities and Vietnamese communities fled their countries and their homeland due to the war, which the U.S. was involved in, fleeing for their safety and the safety of their families,” said Kevin Lam, the organizing director of the Asian American Resource Workshop, an advocacy group. “The U.S. would do well to remember that.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/12/donald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

Just, why? How many Americans are being adversely affected by Vietnamese refugees that have been here for 30 years?

This is just Stephen Miller looking for people to victimize. But does it even please the hardcore base? Does anyone even care?

It's sick.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #50033 on: December 14, 2018, 03:37:52 pm »
Just, why? How many Americans are being adversely affected by Vietnamese refugees that have been here for 30 years?

This is just Stephen Miller looking for people to victimize. But does it even please the hardcore base? Does anyone even care?

It's sick.

The thing that people don`t know, or won`t admit to themselves, is that this process never ends. You find a group of outsiders to blame for your woes. You get rid of them. You move onto another group to blame & get rid of them. It never ends, the authorities need scapegoats and the baying mob don`t care until affects them.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50034 on: December 14, 2018, 04:32:17 pm »
The thing that people don`t know, or won`t admit to themselves, is that this process never ends. You find a group of outsiders to blame for your woes. You get rid of them. You move onto another group to blame & get rid of them. It never ends, the authorities need scapegoats and the baying mob don`t care until affects them.

When they should be blaming millionaires, real estate developers and "churches"  that have the tax system rigged for themselves.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50035 on: December 14, 2018, 05:06:35 pm »

As per the German poet during the world wars...

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out - because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out - because I was not a socialist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out - because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50036 on: December 14, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50037 on: December 14, 2018, 08:10:49 pm »
POLITICO
Reporters shooed away as mystery Mueller subpoena fight rages on
By Darren Samuelsohn and Josh Gerstein 
34 mins ago

POLITICO originally broke the story in October that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team had been dragged into court by a witness battling a subpoena.
Special counsel Robert Mueller appeared to be locked in a subpoena battle with a recalcitrant witness Friday in a sealed federal appeals courtroom, the latest development in a mystery case that has piqued the curiosity of Mueller-obsessives and scoop-hungry journalists.

Oral arguments in the highly secretive fight played out behind closed doors under tight security. Officials at the U.S. Courthouse in Washington, D.C. even took the extraordinary measure of shutting down to the public the entire fifth floor, where the hearing was taking place.

More than a dozen reporters who had been staked out in the hallway adjacent to the courtroom — in the hopes of eyeballing attorneys for Mueller or the mystery appellant’s lawyers — were kicked off the floor and lost their best chance to spot anyone involved in the months-long legal dispute as they were entering or exiting the chambers.

Journalists relocated to other stakeout spots, but few new details emerged after several hours of waiting.

POLITICO originally broke the story in October that Mueller’s team — which is investigating whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russians trying to influence the 2016 election and whether President Donald Trump tried impede the ongoing probe — had been dragged into court by a witness battling a subpoena. POLITICO discovered the Mueller connection after a reporter sitting in the court’s clerk office overheard a man request a document in the case from the special counsel’s office. The man declined to identify himself or his client when approached by POLITICO.

Another clue linking the case to Mueller came a few weeks later when lawyers for the witness fighting the subpoena asked the full bench of the appeals court to review a lower court decision on the case. A notation in the legal docket said only nine of the court's 10 active judges participated — Judge Greg Katsas, the court's only Trump appointee and who had worked on the Russia probe while serving in the Trump White House, had recused himself. During his confirmation hearing, Katsas said he would take a broad view of his recusal obligations stemming from that experience.

The enigmatic case took another twist when POLITICO Magazine published an opinion piece by former federal prosecutor Nelson Cunningham suggesting Trump himself was the person who had gotten a subpoena and was fighting Mueller.

“At every level, this matter has commanded the immediate and close attention of the judges involved — suggesting that no ordinary witness and no ordinary issue is involved,” Cunningham wrote.

Mueller’s office has repeatedly declined comment about the case, and a spokesman for the special counsel did so again on Friday.

Meanwhile, Trump’s personal lawyers denied in early October that the president had anything to do with the case, and Trump himself insisted he wasn’t locked in any kind of subpoena battle with Mueller when pressed by reporters later that month.

More anticipation had been building in recent weeks about who had gotten the subpoena after a series of additional tantalizing clues were filed in the docket, including sealed multi-page briefs and sealed letters updating the judges on recent events affecting the case.

Friday’s long-scheduled oral arguments had long been seen as the best opportunity yet to identify the litigants.

More than a dozen reporters lined up in the hallway outside the courtroom about an hour before the first of three cases were set to be argued before U.S. Court of Appeals Judges David Tatel, Thomas Griffith and Stephen Williams.

Reporters and members of the public were free to enter the courtroom during the first two cases. But the secrecy clampdown quickly followed as the court shifted gears to the sealed grand jury case. A security officer wearing blue rubber gloves checked the chambers for any devices left behind. The live audio feed went dead.

And then the clerk kicked the journalists off the entire fifth floor.

Determined to keep covering the story, reporters spread out around the courthouse and quickly set up a group email chain to pool their resources and communicate about who saw what in the hallways, elevators, staircases and entrances throughout the building. One television network reporter even stood guard at the top of a ramp leading to a secure parking garage where Mueller’s team has been known to bring in clandestine grand jury witnesses.

As the media played cat-and-mouse with the courtroom security guards — several reporters were reprimanded for waiting in stairwells — the additional measures undertaken Friday surprised many people familiar with the federal building’s practices.

“It’s not the norm, that’s for sure,” Manuel Retureta, a Washington-based defense lawyer not involved in the Mueller probe but who is frequently at the courthouse, said as he observed the scene.

After about 90 minutes, court security officials allowed the journalists to return to the fifth-floor hallway, where the courtroom doors were still closed. A few minutes later, reporters spotted the judges walking back to their offices. No one with any apparent ties to the case were spotted leaving the building.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/reporters-shooed-away-as-mystery-mueller-subpoena-fight-rages-on/ar-BBQY2gj?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50039 on: December 14, 2018, 09:12:52 pm »
Washington Examiner
Orrin Hatch walks back 'irresponsible' comments about Trump, rule of law
Al Weaver 
46 mins ago

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said Friday he was "irresponsible" in recent remarks dismissing allegations that President Trump directed Michael Cohen to pay hush money to two women to keep them quiet about affairs with the future president.

In a statement released Friday, Hatch walked back his Monday comments to CNN. Hatch, who will retire in early January after 42 years in the Senate, said that his comments were a "poor reflection" of his work to further the "rule of law."

"Earlier this week in an unplanned hallway interview with CNN, I made comments about allegations against the president that were irresponsible and a poor reflection on my lengthy record of dedication to the rule of law," Hatch said.

The Utah Republican pointed to his past statements expressing confidence in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation and called for it to continue until completion. He also noted comments in August calling the campaign finance allegations facing the president "serious charges" that "can’t be ignored."

"But at a time when faith in so many of our institutions is at an all-time low, I regret speaking imprudently," Hatch added. "I don’t believe the president broke the law, but one of the core principles of our country is that no one is above the law. That means anyone who does break the law should face appropriate consequences."

Hatch's comments to CNN earlier in the week came in reaction to filings by the Southern District of New York, which allege that Cohen was directed by Trump to make the payments to keep Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal quiet about alleged affairs with the president.

“The Democrats will do anything to hurt this president," Hatch told CNN, whose reporter asked if he had any concerns of the allegations. “Okay, but I don’t care; all I can say is he’s doing a good job as president.”

Cohen on Wednesday was sentenced to three years in prison for what he called his "duty to cover up" Trump's "dirty deeds."

Hatch, 84, will be succeeded in his Utah Senate seat in January by Republican Mitt Romney.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/orrin-hatch-walks-back-irresponsible-comments-about-trump-rule-of-law/ar-BBQYgQP?ocid=spartanntp

Senile old fraud about to embark on a new career as a ventriloquist.
Kill the humourless