Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4613126 times)

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #49960 on: December 12, 2018, 10:29:34 pm »
I'm glad that in a moment of sanity, Trump has set a minimum age limit for the Chief of Staff position. You wouldn't want two toddlers in the Oval Office.

Excellent😂😂😂
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #49961 on: December 13, 2018, 12:17:45 am »
The Daily Beast
Fox News’ Judge Napolitano: We Now Know Trump ‘Committed a Felony’
By matt.wilstein@thedailybeast.com (Matt Wilstein) 
1 hr ago

If you were watching Fox News when the Michael Cohen sentence came down, you would be pretty sure this was bad news for Donald Trump’s former fixer. Less clear was what it meant for the president himself.

For clarity on that, you would have had to wait a couple of hours until anchor Shepard Smith invited the reliably frank Judge Andrew Napolitano on his afternoon news hour to explain just how bad the day’s news was for Trump.

“We’ve learned that federal prosecutors here in New York City, not Bob Mueller and his team in Washington, D.C., career prosecutors here in New York City, have evidence that the president of the United States committed a felony by ordering and paying Michael Cohen to break the law,” the judicial analyst said. “How do we know that? They told that to a federal judge.”

“Under the rules, they can’t tell that to a federal judge unless they actually have that hardcore evidence,” he continued. “Under the rules, they can’t tell that to a federal judge unless they intend to do something with that evidence.”

Now those same federal prosecutors have entered into an agreement with AMI, the National Enquirer’s parent company, “which ties a bow on all of this,” Napolitano added, “which connects the dots between the payments to the two women who claim they had intimate relationships with the president, and the line running through all of that is the president himself.”

“Prosecutors have told us through these filings that they have evidence that the president committed a felony?” Smith asked his guest.

“The felony is paying Michael Cohen to commit a felony,” Napolitano concluded. “It’s pretty basic.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fox-news’-judge-napolitano-we-now-know-trump-‘committed-a-felony’/ar-BBQS7sv?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

What will Fungus supporters say now?
Kill the humourless

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49962 on: December 13, 2018, 12:48:37 am »

I'm pretty sure they won't give a fuck. Unless there's clear and definitive proof of collusion with Russia, I think most aren't that bothered, and even then many of them would probably just ignore it. Hush payments to women Trump banged doesn't really register on their botherment scale at all, even if they're a felony. They can always use the get out card of, "he was just doing it to protect his image as a businessman," even if he clearly did it in order to safeguard his presidential campaign but I think most of his supporters would regard this as a very minor transgression, and certainly not one that warrants impeachment.

In some ways I can almost see their point - affairs are small beer really, in the greater scheme of things, even if it's the subsequent cover up that constitutes the actual crime. Still hope he goes down for it though, if they can't pin anything else on him. Would far prefer him to get done for conspiracy with Putin or some sort of fraud relating to his dodgy "charities," but at this stage I'll take whatever I can get if there's a chance of seeing the fat fuck get frogmarched across the White House lawn in cuffs.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:02:51 am by Djozer »

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #49963 on: December 13, 2018, 01:22:59 am »
I'm glad that in a moment of sanity, Trump has set a minimum age limit for the Chief of Staff position. You wouldn't want two toddlers in the Oval Office.

I would love to know how many of that 10 are suitably qualified based on those who have previously done the job under previous administrations.

Because sure, I can imagine there are 10 people like Piers Moron and Mouch who want it. But 10 able-minded and qualified people? Fuck no
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #49964 on: December 13, 2018, 01:26:03 am »
The Daily Beast
Fox News’ Judge Napolitano: We Now Know Trump ‘Committed a Felony’
By matt.wilstein@thedailybeast.com (Matt Wilstein) 
1 hr ago

If you were watching Fox News when the Michael Cohen sentence came down, you would be pretty sure this was bad news for Donald Trump’s former fixer. Less clear was what it meant for the president himself.

/snip

FAKE NEWS!

The failing Fox news, who are all secretly democrats. They told me that when you were all... somewhere else.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49965 on: December 13, 2018, 03:40:18 am »
Oh my :lmao SDNY aren't messing around
And did you see Cohen's statement in court today? Methinks Individual 1 didn't like it. :lickin

"I take full responsibility for each act that I pled guilty to, the personal ones to me and those involving the President of the United States of America."

"... it was my own weakness, and a blind loyalty to this man that led me to choose a path of darkness over light. It is for these reasons I chose to participate in the elicit act of the President rather than to listen to my own inner voice which should have warned me that the campaign finance violations that I later pled guilty to were insidious."

".. I felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds rather than to listen to my own inner voice and my moral compass. My weakness can be characterized as a blind loyalty to Donald Trump, and I was weak for not having the strength to question and to refuse his demands."

" And I will continue to cooperate with government, offering as much information as I truthfully possess."

Here's the whole thing https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/politics/cohen-court-statement-doc/index.html

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49966 on: December 13, 2018, 03:45:38 am »
The Washington Post
Senators in both parties are finding ways to push McConnell and challenge Trump
Paul Kane 
3 hrs ago

In its final days in session, the Senate has shaken off some parliamentary and legislative rust to force Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell into policy debates that he would have preferred to brush aside.

Some of these steps mark a turn in the Senate’s willingness to stand up to President Trump — at least on foreign policy matters — and some are important but symbolic gestures by frustrated senators. Another could deliver Trump a key domestic policy win on bipartisan sentencing restructuring.

Regardless of the motives, rank-and-file senators have employed a mix of unique techniques, old-fashioned threats and insider persuasion to spark debates that had been blocked or delayed.

It has left McConnell (R-Ky.) with a seemingly looser hold on power, which could translate into more opportunities next year for Democrats and any GOP allies willing to oppose Trump.

But that requires these senators to continue using the tools at their disposal to force action that would otherwise never happen.

“I think it’s taken a long time for people to get off their hands and figure out that, if we’re not going to actually bring legislation to the floor of the Senate and have amendments, we’ve got to find ways to force votes and debates,” said Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who just won a second term.

Murphy is helping lead opposition to the Trump administration’s policy toward Saudi Arabia. That group of senators invoked a rarely used provision of the War Powers Act to forced a debate Wednesday on whether to rebuke the kingdom for its war in Yemen and also formally condemn its crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, for his role in the murder of journalist-dissident Jamal Khashoggi.

The House has blocked consideration of a similar measure, and with this Congress formally expiring in three weeks, the legislation will not reach Trump’s desk. But 11 Republicans joined all 49 members of the Democratic caucus in starting the debate, including a surprise aye vote by Sen. James E. Risch (R-Idaho), the incoming chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee.

The entire GOP leadership team voted against the resolution.

McConnell, who rarely sees legislation pass without his imprimatur, understands the intricacies of the Senate better than anyone, and allies say he does not mind watching others learn how to maneuver through its arcane rules.

“Part of the value of the Senate is, nobody is ever in any full control but everybody in their own way is in control and you just have to go where that takes you,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.), who is being elevated to the No. 4 Republican leadership post next month.

Earlier Wednesday, Democrats won a rare victory on a resolution that would forbid the Internal Revenue Service to loosen donor disclosure rules for some ideological nonprofit organizations. It was the second time this year that Democrats used the Congressional Review Act, designed to allow Congress to reject administration regulations, for a victory — Republicans passed 15 laws through the CRA that overturned agency rules from the Obama administration.

These measures will go nowhere in the Republican-controlled House, and even next year Trump will be there to veto similar efforts.

But it gives Democrats a sense of how to play offense, and it came the same week that McConnell caved to demands from Trump and his fellow Republicans that he allow a debate on a criminal justice bill that would reduce some prison sentences and work toward preventing recidivism among released convicts.

He had been adamant in private and public that the legislation was “extremely controversial” and “extremely divisive” for Republicans, dismissing the bipartisan bill as too time-consuming.

While McConnell never took a public position, many senators came to believe he simply didn’t like the legislation and wanted to delay it into oblivion rather than actually oppose a bill supported by Trump and negotiated by presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner.

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), a supporter of the prison legislation, said Wednesday that McConnell set “a bar” for how much support they needed before he would make time on the floor — a supermajority of Republicans.

“He kept his word,” Graham said, explaining the reversal and the new plan to begin debate later this week. “He told us what he wanted us to do and we did it.”

Supporters of the measure complained publicly about McConnell’s reluctance and eventually won him over by showing about 30 of the 51 GOP senators are willing to support the bill.

No one knows yet how McConnell will vote.

The rush to unusual maneuvers began after Trump forced Jeff Sessions out as attorney general shortly after the midterm elections, leading Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), a fierce critic of the president, to announce he would oppose all remaining judicial nominations until he retires in early January. In exchange, he is demanding a vote on legislation to protect special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign.

McConnell has dismissed that request, but Flake has bottled up any additional federal judges getting out of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Some Democrats believe their resounding victory in the midterms — they won the House despite losing two seats in the Senate — will prompt more Republicans to consider taking similar steps next year to push Trump at least a little bit more.

“There clearly are going to be more Republicans, rather than less, who are willing to buck the president after this midterm,” Murphy said. “I think you are starting to see the first instance of that. You would have never gotten 60 votes to repudiate one of the president’s foreign policy pillars before Election Day.”

Sen. Benjamin L. Cardin (Md.), a senior Democrat on the Foreign Relations Committee, expressed similar surprise over more than 20 percent of the GOP caucus opposing Trump’s position on Saudi Arabia, even if it is for now just a symbolic move.

“People see the handwriting on this. I guess they want to cover themselves,” Cardin said.

Graham, who is a Trump ally, said Democrats were “overthinking” these recent actions. He does not expect much to change, except on matters related to the U.S.-Saudi relationship.

On that, he chose a blunt explanation for why 60 senators broke from Trump: the gruesome nature of Khashoggi’s killing.

“The reason they got 60 votes is because they chopped this guy up,” Graham said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senators-in-both-parties-are-finding-ways-to-push-mcconnell-and-challenge-trump/ar-BBQSmvH?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49967 on: December 13, 2018, 08:10:23 am »
I don’t understand Trump’s problem with financing the wall. He should simply tell his base that it’s been built and that Mexico paid for it. His base will believe him. If some Fake News journalist proves that nothing has been built, he can simply shout Fake News and start a “Lock Her Up” chant. Finish off with a “USA USA USA” and everyone will be happy.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49968 on: December 13, 2018, 09:21:44 am »
I hope Trump gives Piers the job, I really do.  If anything screams the idiocy of this Whitehouse more it will be that.  He'll be lucky to last two months.

The Washington Post
Senators in both parties are finding ways to push McConnell and challenge Trump
Paul Kane 
3 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senators-in-both-parties-are-finding-ways-to-push-mcconnell-and-challenge-trump/ar-BBQSmvH?ocid=spartanntp

Two things I took from that is that, first, McConnell might not be in charge by the time 2020 rolls around as Republicans seek to be more conciliatory; and two, you only need a handful of GOP senators in vulnerable areas to break ranks with the rest.  It might put them in the doghouse with the Senate GOP but it could well save their seats by doing so.  Ironically it could be the cast iron red Senators who suffer the most, as they would be the ones most easily punishable by Trump's base.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #49969 on: December 13, 2018, 09:26:25 am »
I would love to know how many of that 10 are suitably qualified based on those who have previously done the job under previous administrations.

Because sure, I can imagine there are 10 people like Piers Moron and Mouch who want it. But 10 able-minded and qualified people? Fuck no

Jed Bartlett said the chief of staff should be your best friend who is smarter than you.

Now Trump shouldn't have difficulty finding someone smarter than him, but a friend??  ;D No wonder he's having trouble finding someone.....

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49970 on: December 13, 2018, 10:44:26 am »
NBC News
Trump confides to friends he's concerned about impeachment
Carol E. Lee and Kristen Welker and Nicolle Wallace and Alex Moe 
11 mins ago

WASHINGTON — Despite President Donald Trump's public declaration that he isn't concerned about impeachment, he has told people close to him in recent days that he is alarmed by the prospect, according to multiple sources.

Trump's fear about the possibility has escalated as the consequences of federal investigations involving his associates and Democratic control of the House sink in, the sources said, and his allies believe maintaining the support of establishment Republicans he bucked to win election are now critical to saving his presidency.

On Wednesday Trump was delivered another blow when federal prosecutors announced an agreement with American Media Inc, in which the publisher of the National Enquirer admitted to making a $150,000 payment in 2016 to silence a woman alleging an affair with Trump, in coordination with his presidential campaign, to prevent her story from influencing the election.

The agreement with prosecutors in the Southern District of New York follows the admission by the president's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, that he violated campaign finance laws by arranging hush payments to women in 2016 at the direction of Trump.

"The entire question about whether the president committed an impeachable offense now hinges on the testimony of two men: David Pecker and Allen Weisselberg, both cooperating witnesses in the SDNY investigation," a close Trump ally told NBC News.

Weisselberg is the chief financial officer for Trump organization who was allegedly in the center of the hush money operation. He was reportedly granted immunity for his testimony. Pecker is the chief executive at AMI.

The developments leave Trump as the lone party who argues the payments were not intended to influence the election.

They also come as Trump's search for a chief of staff is in disarray, with no consensus around a single choice in sight after multiple potential candidates have signaled they're not interested in the job.

The president has yet to acquire a team to combat the expected influx of congressional investigations and continued fallout from multiple federal investigations of his associates. He's been calling around to his friends outside the White House and allies on Capitol Hill to vent and get the input. On Wednesday the president wasn't in the Oval Office until noon.

The White House declined to comment on this report.

Yet despite his frustrations behind the scenes, Trump has tried to maintain a confident public posture.

"It's hard to impeach somebody who hasn't done anything wrong and who's created the greatest economy in the history of our country," Trump said Tuesday in an interview with Reuters. "I'm not concerned, no. I think that the people would revolt if that happened."

Some Republican lawmakers have signaled cracks in what has been a solid wall of support for Trump amid intensifying federal investigations after prosecutors said Friday that Trump directed Cohen to arrange illegal payments to two women alleging affairs.

"I am concerned that the president might be involved in a crime," Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana told reporters Tuesday.

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida rattled the White House with similarly cautious remarks Sunday when asked about Trump's possible involvement in the violation of campaign finance laws: "If someone has violated the law, the application of the law should be applied to them like it would to any other citizen in this country, and obviously if you're in a position of great authority like the presidency that would be the case."

Rubio said his decision on how Congress should respond to federal investigators' final findings on the payments "will not be a political decision, it'll be the fact that we are a nation of laws and no one in this country no matter who you are is above it."

Republican lawmakers, however, have largely shrugged off the latest twists in the investigations involving Trump's close associates and have signaled their strong support for him.

The incoming chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Democrat Jerry Nadler of New York, said that same day that the president may have committed "impeachable offenses."

Federal prosecutors in New York state in the court documents that the payments violated campaign finance laws and were arranged by Cohen "in coordination with and at the direction of" Trump.

The president has been on a days-long tirade, sources tell NBC News, lashing out at his own staff and lawmakers on Capitol Hill, frustrated by the threat of a Democratic House with subpoena power, an array of looming congressional investigations, multiple intensifying federal probes, a botched effort to find a new chief of staff and a potential partial government shutdown over a lack of funding for his top campaign promise — a border wall.

Trump has ranted about why no one around him is doing anything to stop any of it and vented about the lack of support he believes he has in Congress and within his own White House, the sources tell NBC News.

In addition to the much-anticipated report from Mueller on the Russia investigation, Democrats could ask prosecutors in the SDNY to similarly share details of their probe into Cohen that are related to the president.

Trump has in recent days been made aware of this possibility from people close to him, opening up a new vulnerability for the president.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-confides-to-friends-hes-concerned-about-impeachment/ar-BBQTEPp?ocid=spartanntp

Felon!

Billy no mates soon.
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #49971 on: December 13, 2018, 11:49:51 am »
I hope Trump gives Piers the job, I really do.  If anything screams the idiocy of this Whitehouse more it will be that.  He'll be lucky to last two months.

Two things I took from that is that, first, McConnell might not be in charge by the time 2020 rolls around as Republicans seek to be more conciliatory; and two, you only need a handful of GOP senators in vulnerable areas to break ranks with the rest.  It might put them in the doghouse with the Senate GOP but it could well save their seats by doing so.  Ironically it could be the cast iron red Senators who suffer the most, as they would be the ones most easily punishable by Trump's base.

I could imagine that the Dems success in the suburban areas of 'red' states makes some senators far more nervous than Gop congressmen in safely gerrymandered districts.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #49972 on: December 13, 2018, 11:57:13 am »
NBC News
Trump confides to friends he's concerned about impeachment
Carol E. Lee and Kristen Welker and Nicolle Wallace and Alex Moe 
11 mins ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-confides-to-friends-hes-concerned-about-impeachment/ar-BBQTEPp?ocid=spartanntp

Felon!

Billy no mates soon.

That was enjoyable reading!! I think we're starting to enter the end game now. Everything seems to be aligning.
There's a trickle of people stepping away from him, and it won't be long before that trickle becomes a flood. He'll be on his own soon with nowhere to go.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49973 on: December 13, 2018, 12:23:16 pm »
Impeachment under current circumstances would be like trying a murderer in court with a jury of his 12 best mates.  It's infuriating to think the GOP could refuse to convict somebody of proven crimes with cast iron evidence on nothing more than party politics and that the crimes "weren't that bad".  If there was ever a bigger example of one rule for them and a different rule for everyone else, that would be it.  (well apart from Brexit obviously!)

The GOP are seemingly becoming aware of this.  You will always have the blow hard die hards, but i imagine there now isn't a single Republican who, in private, wont admit this is worse than Watergate.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:26:45 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49974 on: December 13, 2018, 12:53:49 pm »
I don't have high hopes for many republicans. The party is now dominated by evangelicals and they won't turn on the guy they have bought who is delivering the judiciary to them. The sinner is bringing theocracy more than Dan Quayle or GW could or more than the wax figure of a VP the US has now.

Republican politicians fear being primaried by evangelicals more than anything. Even in the redest states where they are the incumbent.

TEA Pain puts it best:

Tea Pain (@TeaPainUSA)
2018-12-12, 11:41 PM
If Trump’s Evangelicals ever read or believed their Bibles, they’d know a man could be convicted under the law by the testimony of two witnesses. (Deut 19:15)

But they wouldn’t believe Trump was guilty if Jesus said so himself.

twitter.com/senblumenthal/…
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:56:44 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49975 on: December 13, 2018, 01:07:55 pm »
Fungus twitter account has gone quiet.

in 24 hrs, 1 tweet about Melania on TV, and only 1 this morning about how the new deal replacing NAFTA is gonna save so much money, Mexico is actually paying for the wall.

"Look, I solved the shutdown problem all by myself!"
Kill the humourless

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49976 on: December 13, 2018, 01:31:04 pm »
Impeachment under current circumstances would be like trying a murderer in court with a jury of his 12 best mates.  It's infuriating to think the GOP could refuse to convict somebody of proven crimes with cast iron evidence on nothing more than party politics and that the crimes "weren't that bad".  If there was ever a bigger example of one rule for them and a different rule for everyone else, that would be it.  (well apart from Brexit obviously!)

The GOP are seemingly becoming aware of this.  You will always have the blow hard die hards, but i imagine there now isn't a single Republican who, in private, wont admit this is worse than Watergate.

It's especially egregious from the party that likes to call itself 'the party of law and order'.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49977 on: December 13, 2018, 01:54:13 pm »
Giuliani with some gems.

"Collusion isn’t even a crime. Collusion is like the biggest bunch of bullshit."

"After two years and two investigations … they have nothing on collusion" I thought collusion isn't even a crime?

"There’s nothing to look at. They could look at collusion for the next 30 years and, unless they get somebody to lie, they’re not going to find any evidence of it because it didn’t happen.” You know Rudy, for someone who doesn't think collusion is a crime, you sure are worried about collusion.

“Cohen is a completely dishonorable person. … I’ve never heard of a lawyer that tape-recorded their client without the client’s permission, and I’ve known some pretty scummy lawyers Like yourself Rudy?

"Pardons are not on the table for anyone right now. At the same time, he’s not forfeiting his right to pardon based on an analysis of the case.” So, in other words, pardons are on the table.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giuliani-says-trumps-legal-team-wants-mueller-wrap-damn-thing-234600539.html

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #49978 on: December 13, 2018, 02:20:02 pm »
Tea Pain (@TeaPainUSA)
2018-12-12, 11:41 PM
If Trump’s Evangelicals ever read or believed their Bibles, they’d know a man could be convicted under the law by the testimony of two witnesses. (Deut 19:15)

But they wouldn’t believe Trump was guilty if Jesus said so himself.

twitter.com/senblumenthal/…

They'd probably crucify Jesus for being a heretical liberal.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #49979 on: December 13, 2018, 02:24:09 pm »
They'd probably crucify Jesus for being a heretical liberal.

They'd lock him up for being an immigrant. Plus feeding the poor and healing the sick? Goes against everything they stand for doesn't it?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #49980 on: December 13, 2018, 03:14:31 pm »
No way he wrote this

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law. He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law. It is called “advice of counsel,” and a lawyer has great liability if a mistake is made. That is why they get paid. Despite that many campaign finance lawyers have strongly......

....stated that I did nothing wrong with respect to campaign finance laws, if they even apply, because this was not campaign finance. Cohen was guilty on many charges unrelated to me, but he plead to two campaign charges which were not criminal and of which he probably was not...

....guilty even on a civil basis. Those charges were just agreed to by him in order to embarrass the president and get a much reduced prison sentence, which he did-including the fact that his family was temporarily let off the hook. As a lawyer, Michael has great liability to me!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #49981 on: December 13, 2018, 03:19:15 pm »
Like he know what the word "liability" means and how to use it in a sentence. Please.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #49982 on: December 13, 2018, 03:19:49 pm »
Looks like they'll be introducing some new characters in season 3

Over the past year, the indictments, convictions, and guilty pleas have largely been connected, in one way or another, to Russia. But now, special counsel Robert Mueller’s office is preparing to reveal to the public a different side of his investigation. In court filings that are set to drop in early 2019, prosecutors will begin to unveil Middle Eastern countries’ attempts to influence American politics, three sources familiar with this side of the probe told The Daily Beast.

In other words, the “Russia investigation” is set to go global.

While one part of the Mueller team has indicted Russian spies and troll-masters, another cadre has been spending its time focusing on how Middle Eastern countries pushed cash to Washington politicos in an attempt to sway policy under President Trump’s administration. Various witnesses affiliated with the Trump campaign have been questioned about their conversations with deeply connected individuals from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Israel, according to people familiar with the probe. Topics in those meetings ranged from the use of social-media manipulation to help install Trump in the White House to the overthrow of the regime in Iran.

Now, according to those same sources, the Special Counsel’s Office is ready to outline what cooperating witnesses have told them about foreigners’ plans to help Trump win the presidency. Two sources with knowledge of the probe said Mueller’s team has for months discussed the possibility of issuing new charges on this side of the investigation.
More here: https://www.thedailybeast.com/get-ready-for-muellers-phase-two-the-middle-east-connection?

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #49983 on: December 13, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »
He's going to get away with it all again, isn't he?  :(

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49984 on: December 13, 2018, 03:38:20 pm »
No way he wrote this

That, at best, is Trump complaining that he didn't know what he was doing was illegal because his lawyer never told him it was.

Also he really doesn't understand what a contribution in kind is, does he?

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49985 on: December 13, 2018, 03:47:27 pm »
As happy as I am that we live in a time that is much more civilized than centuries past, this is one of those moments where I wish Mueller and SDNY had stormed the castle, slaughtered a bunch of deplorables defending it, and pulled the Orange King out by his hair and tossed him in a dungeon, strung up by chains, with rats scurrying around his feet.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #49986 on: December 13, 2018, 03:52:35 pm »

Kushner's legal bills must be something else.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49987 on: December 13, 2018, 03:53:44 pm »
Associated Press
As protectors abandon Trump, investigation draws closer
22 mins ago

NEW YORK — President Donald Trump has now been abandoned by two of his most powerful protectors, his longtime lawyer and the company that owns the National Enquirer tabloid, bringing a perilous investigation into his campaign one step closer to the Oval Office.

Both Michael Cohen and American Media Inc. now say they made hush money payments to a porn star and a Playboy Playmate for the purposes of helping his 2016 White House bid, a campaign finance violation. The women alleged affairs with Trump, and federal prosecutors say the payments were made at Trump's direction.

The admissions by Cohen and AMI conflict with Trump's own evolving explanations. Since the spring, Trump has gone from denying knowledge of any payments to saying they would have been private transactions that weren't illegal.

On Twitter Thursday, Trump contended he "never directed" his former personal lawyer to break the law. He tweeted that Cohen "was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law."

Cohen pleaded guilty to campaign finance charges "in order to embarrass the president and get a much reduced prison sentence," Trump tweeted. He said the charges were "unrelated to me."

Though prosecutors have implicated Trump in a crime, they haven't directly accused him of one, and it's not clear that they could bring charges against a sitting president even if they want to because of Justice Department protocol.

Nonetheless, Trump's changing explanations have clouded the public understanding of what occurred and are running head-on into facts agreed to by prosecutors, AMI and Cohen, who pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations and other crimes and was sentenced on Wednesday.

"You now have a second defendant or group of defendants saying that these payments were made for the primary purpose of influencing the election, and that it was done in coordination with Trump and his campaign," said Rick Hasen, an election law expert at the University of California, Irvine.

Trump's first explanation of the payment that would eventually help lead Cohen to a three-year prison sentence came at 35,000 feet over West Virginia.

Returning to Washington on Air Force One, Trump on April 6 for the first time answered questions about the reports of $130,000 in hush money paid to porn star Stormy Daniels, issuing a blanket denial to reporters while saying they would "have to ask Michael Cohen."

Three days later, the FBI raided Cohen's office, seizing records on topics including the payment to Daniels. Furious, Trump called the raid a "disgrace" and said the FBI "broke into" his lawyer's office. He also tweeted that "Attorney-client privilege is dead!"

The raid was overseen by the U.S. attorney's office in Manhattan and arose from a referral from special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russian election interference. At the time, Cohen said he took out a personal line of credit on his home to pay Daniels days before the 2016 election without Trump's knowledge.

Later that month in a free-wheeling "Fox & Friends" interview, Trump acknowledged that Cohen represented him in the "crazy Stormy Daniels deal."

In May, Trump and his attorneys began saying Cohen received a monthly retainer from which he made payments for nondisclosure agreements like the one with Daniels. In a series of tweets, Trump said those agreements are "very common among celebrities and people of wealth" and "this was a private agreement."

People familiar with the investigation say Cohen secretly recorded Trump discussing a potential payment for former Playboy Playmate Karen McDougal two months before the election. On the tape, Cohen is heard saying that he needed to start a company "for the transfer of all of that info regarding our friend David," a possible reference to David Pecker, Trump's friend and president of AMI.

When Cohen began to discuss financing, Trump interrupted him and asked, "What financing?"

"We'll have to pay," Cohen responded.

Prosecutors announced Wednesday that AMI acknowledged making one of those payments "in concert" with the Trump campaign to protect him from a story that could have hurt his candidacy. The company avoided prosecution under a deal with prosecutors.

In August, Cohen pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations and other charges, saying he and Trump arranged the payment of hush money to Daniels and McDougal to influence the election. That next day, Trump argued that making the payments wasn't a crime and that the matter was a civil dispute, then took a swipe at his former employee.

"If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don't retain the services of Michael Cohen!" he tweeted.

Earlier this week, Trump compared his situation to one involving President Barack Obama's 2008 campaign. The Federal Election Commission, which typically handles smaller campaign finance violations, where the actions aren't willful, with civil penalties that are typically fines, docked the Obama campaign $375,000 for regulatory civil violations. The fines stemmed from the campaign's failure to report a batch of contributions, totaling nearly $1.9 million, on time in the final days of the campaign.

But legal analysts said the accusations against Trump could amount to a felony because they revolve around an alleged conspiracy to conceal payments from campaign contribution reports — and from voters. It's unclear what federal prosecutors in New York will decide to do if they conclude that there is evidence that Trump himself committed a crime.

The Justice Department, in opinions issued by its Office of Legal Counsel, has said a sitting president cannot be indicted because a criminal case would interfere with the duties of the commander in chief. Prosecutors in the Southern District of New York, and with Mueller's office, would presumably be bound by that legal guidance unless the Justice Department were to nullify the opinions.

Politically, Trump's shifting claims could harm his credibility with voters, but legally they may not make much of a difference.

"It's not clear to me that he's made any false statements in legal documents that could open him to liability for perjury," Hasen said.

For the payments themselves to be a crime rather than a civil infraction, prosecutors would need to show that Trump knew that what he was doing was wrong when he directed Cohen to pay the women and that he did so with the goal of benefiting his campaign.

Trump has not yet laid out a detailed defense, though he could conceivably argue that the payments were made not for the purposes of advancing his campaign but rather to prevent sex stories from emerging that would be personally humiliating to him and harm his marriage.

That argument was advanced by former Sen. John Edwards, a North Carolina Democrat, in a similar campaign finance case that went to trial. But that may be tougher for Trump than it was for Edwards given the proximity of the president's payment to the election — timing that, on its face, suggests a link between the money and his political ambitions.

Still, the cases aren't always easy, as proven by the 2012 trial of Edwards. Jurors acquitted Edwards on one charge of accepting illegal campaign contributions, but couldn't reach a verdict on the five remaining counts including conspiracy and making false statements. Prosecutors elected not to retry Edwards, the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2004 and a candidate for president in 2004 and 2008.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-protectors-abandon-trump-investigation-draws-closer/ar-BBQT00J?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49988 on: December 13, 2018, 04:42:15 pm »

Beautiful. The global aspect will show that this is a givernment up for sale.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49989 on: December 13, 2018, 04:49:48 pm »
That, at best, is Trump complaining that he didn't know what he was doing was illegal because his lawyer never told him it was.

Also he really doesn't understand what a contribution in kind is, does he?

Reminds me of the very old Steve Martin schtick aboutbgetting out of legal problems with "I forgot it was against the law". Trump is basically saying the same thing...pleading ignorance like a child.

You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. “Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes?” First.. get a million dollars. Now.. you say, “Steve.. what do I say to the tax man when he comes to my door and says, ‘You.. have never paid taxes’?” Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: “I forgot!” How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don’t say “I forgot”? Let’s say you’re on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, “I forgot armed robbery was illegal.” Let’s suppose he says back to you, “You have committed a foul crime. you have stolen hundreds and thousands of dollars from people at random, and you say, ‘I forgot’?” Two simple words: Excuuuuuse me!!“

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49991 on: December 13, 2018, 04:58:29 pm »
Reminds me of the very old Steve Martin schtick aboutbgetting out of legal problems with "I forgot it was against the law". Trump is basically saying the same thing...pleading ignorance like a child.

Ignorance: making the illegal legal.

You can tell they are just so used to doing this kind of shady shit that the question of legality doesn't even come into it. It's second nature.

Ironic, given how Trump goes nuts when he is told he can't do something as president BECAUSE it's illegal!

Popcorn's Art

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #49992 on: December 13, 2018, 05:17:01 pm »
Giuliani with some gems.

WTF happened to him? He was great for the country during 9/11, appeared on snl, seemed down to earth, witty and somewhat genuine for a politician.

Now he has whored himself out for trump, become old, senile and bitter. Ruined any legacy.  Old age dementia? Seriously what happened?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #49993 on: December 13, 2018, 05:20:07 pm »
WTF happened to him? He was great for the country during 9/11, appeared on snl, seemed down to earth, witty and somewhat genuine for a politician.

Now he has whored himself out for trump, become old, senile and bitter. Ruined any legacy.  Old age dementia? Seriously what happened?

It wasn’t hard to come out well as mayor of New York after 9/11. The sympathy and goodwill would have been overwhelming.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #49994 on: December 13, 2018, 05:20:48 pm »

Saw videos of him from the nineties, he was never a good guy and fooled the nation. He also married his cousin I think.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49995 on: December 13, 2018, 05:22:49 pm »
I thought ignorance was no defence in law?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #49996 on: December 13, 2018, 05:33:26 pm »
I thought ignorance was no defence in law?

US campaign finance laws depend on the person breaking them knowing they were breaking the campaign finance laws. So if you tweet about high profile cases involving someone else breaking them then you're probably over that bar unless also claiming memory loss etc.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49997 on: December 13, 2018, 06:03:22 pm »
So he's guilty or has dementia? Sweet.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49998 on: December 13, 2018, 06:13:13 pm »
Meng Wanzhou: Trump could intervene in case of Huawei executive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46533971

Canadian Michael Spavor detained in China as Huawei row continues

A second Canadian has been detained in China on accusations of harming national security, as tension continues between the two countries.

It was confirmed on Thursday that Michael Spavor, a businessman, had been detained in addition to former diplomat Michael Kovrig.

Canada drew Chinese protests after it arrested an executive at telecoms giant Huawei at the request of the US.

Meng Wanzhou has been bailed but may face extradition for fraud.

She denies violating US sanctions on Iran through Huawei's business dealings. China has threatened unspecified consequences if she is not released.

So high-profile is the case that US President Donald Trump said he could intervene if it helped to avoid a further decline in relations between the US and China, which are locked in a trade war.

However, Mr Trump's own officials frowned on the idea, with US Assistant Attorney General John Demers remarking: "What we do at the justice department is law enforcement. We don't do trade."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-46548614

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49999 on: December 13, 2018, 06:33:28 pm »
Sexy Russian Spy just pleaded guilty to conspiracy.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/maria-butina-pleads-guilty-to-conspiracy?fbclid=IwAR33jEzxU59er7-WaNYLNRpKl28zbC4P6PW59qy99K1quBv55HEkF1iF2CY

And GOP boyfriend and others are in deep shate. No wonder the GOP is protcting Trump and the NRA.

Very good quick read:

Renato Mariotti (@renato_mariotti)
2018-12-13, 2:14 PM
THREAD: What can we learn from the cooperation deal with Russian spy Maria Butina? (Answer: A lot.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:38:58 pm by Giono »