Author Topic: Apple Watch  (Read 4066 times)

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
Re: Apple Watch
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 09:42:04 AM »
Yeah but if you have a phone in your pocket why should you bother?     :)

I thought I'd never use it like that but I do all the time.
I am not the resurrection.

Offline Brain Blissed Selection Box? Quality Street my arse.

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »
Yes. It's very handy for declining calls, and looking at new texts.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 09:33:24 AM »
I want to upgrade my basic Fitbit as it is just a step counter basically. But I want something that shows HR and an accurate calorie burn. Is it a good fitness tracker??
JFT96.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 11:33:18 AM »
I want to upgrade my basic Fitbit as it is just a step counter basically. But I want something that shows HR and an accurate calorie burn. Is it a good fitness tracker??

I think so, but it's the only one I've used and I'm a terrible laggard (I had it for over a year and used it only as a watch during that time- I didn't have any other apps :D). However now I'm hooked on several apps - but particularly the fitness apps "workout" and "Activity" which I've been using for 2+ years, which tracks steps and with Maps, it will measure how far and where you have walked or run. And has other settings for different exercise routines in the gym or outside. The Calorie counter and heart-rate, are accurate

You just have to calibrate the thing, in conjunction with the Maps/GPS app on your phone to accurately measure your gait - running and walking - it was quite straightforward.

And when mine broke Apple replaced it - free of charge - so as you can probably tell I'm very happy with mine :D