Author Topic: Europa League 15/16  (Read 93808 times)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: Europa League 15/16
« Reply #360 on: September 1, 2015, 02:58:09 pm »
Had a look at trains back from Sion day after, the SBB site seems to give you 4 minute connection in some place called Visp.. cutting that fine but seems to be the only option unless you book the journey separately.
The trains are direct, check this out :

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Too early to book anyway but it does give you the times.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: September 1, 2015, 04:49:13 pm »
5 of us booked Kazan via Helsinki,just downloaded the form for my visa,hopefully pretty straight forward have had 2 visas for Russia before...
Hotel is the best of the 3 trips & the cheapest..
Just a word of warning if your planning to stay in Geneva for the Sion game,hotels there are not cheap...

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #362 on: September 1, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »
5 of us booked Kazan via Helsinki,just downloaded the form for my visa,hopefully pretty straight forward have had 2 visas for Russia before...
Just a word of warning if your planning to stay in Geneva for the Sion game,hotels there are not cheap...

Phil

Visa's are different than last time we played there. Everyone travelling needs a personal appearance in the Visa issuing place (near Old street, London or Edinburgh). You also need an invite from a Russian travel agency, which they'll charge you for or hotel. I've emailed the hotel to try to get one, did email Ruben Kazan too, but they fucked me off!

Let us know if you get the invite sorted.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: September 1, 2015, 06:23:08 pm »
Kick off is 6pm though so gives a bit of time to get the 21.55 train.

:butt d'oh

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #364 on: September 1, 2015, 08:58:59 pm »

which airline from helsinki?

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: September 1, 2015, 09:26:40 pm »
Finnair

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: September 1, 2015, 09:45:15 pm »
On that one too Phil 8)

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #367 on: September 2, 2015, 05:07:24 am »
Finnair

Cheers, saw that earlier but it doesn't work for me..

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: September 2, 2015, 11:58:11 am »
Fair play to anyone doing Kazan. I can't be arsed with all the messing round, and having to pay £100 for a visa is an absolute joke. Shouldn't have to pay to enter any country with a British passport.

Been once for the Anzhi game in 2012. Ticked off the list now. No desire to go back until they stop making it so fuckin awkward to visit. Fuckin fingerprints at the visa centre, seriously? Fuckin idiots.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #369 on: September 2, 2015, 12:58:18 pm »
I also can't do Kazan as I am no longer eligible to apply for a Russian visa, having forfeited one the last time I went to St Petersburg.  Sion is all booked and I'm thinking Bordeaux is looking like an 80% go-er at the moment.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #370 on: September 2, 2015, 01:21:05 pm »
Cheers, saw that earlier but it doesn't work for me..

Try via Berlin using Aeroflot (got EJ to Berlin from Manc)
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #371 on: September 2, 2015, 07:16:40 pm »
6pm here, 7pm local time
Ah yeah John my error. On a positive note it does give us an extra hour bevvy time before ko.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #372 on: September 2, 2015, 08:04:28 pm »
Ah yeah John my error. On a positive note it does give us an extra hour bevvy time before ko.

The stadium only looks about 1KM from the station so should be easily walkable in 15mins  so no probs getting the 21.55 back to Basel

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #373 on: September 3, 2015, 12:31:34 am »
Assuming the weather is OK! ;)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: September 3, 2015, 01:32:44 am »
I assume everybody is staying Geneva for Sion? My mate managed to get us £47 return flights, can't complain, although i'm sure the prices over there will more than make up for the bargain.

No chance i'm considering Russia after hearing stories of Zenit, even before looking at the visa shite
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #375 on: September 3, 2015, 06:06:05 am »
I assume everybody is staying Geneva for Sion? My mate managed to get us £47 return flights, can't complain, although i'm sure the prices over there will more than make up for the bargain.

No chance i'm considering Russia after hearing stories of Zenit, even before looking at the visa shite
7 of us are staying in Sion. Booked on the day of the draw though so I doubt that you'll be able to get anything now as there wasn't much about anyway.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #376 on: September 3, 2015, 08:21:00 am »
Assuming the weather is OK! ;)
hmm ... might be worth bringing some skis

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: September 3, 2015, 08:29:23 am »

As i said,check your hotels in Geneva,not the cheapest place on our travels,airport is not far from city centre,good rail links etc..

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: September 3, 2015, 11:47:30 am »
As i said,check your hotels in Geneva,not the cheapest place on our travels,airport is not far from city centre,good rail links etc..

Just took a look, didn't expect them to be that high already, hopefully manage to find some cheap hostels or whatever somewhere.

I went to Geneva a couple years ago, we ended up buying cheap bottles of sangria from the corner shop to get drunk...

7 of us are staying in Sion. Booked on the day of the draw though so I doubt that you'll be able to get anything now as there wasn't much about anyway.

Didn't even bother really looking in Sion, just saw the population and realised there was probably gonna be not many hotels about ;)
« Last Edit: September 3, 2015, 11:51:31 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #379 on: September 3, 2015, 01:00:40 pm »
Booked a room in Sion via airbnb, £40 for the two of us. Not used them b4 and a bit diff - You message the owner with info about yourself and they accept or decline. But looks nice cheap for Switzerland. And in includes a pet cat so will be like home for me :D

Offline redtillded

• Main Stander
« Reply #380 on: September 3, 2015, 01:50:42 pm »

what do you think happened in st petersburg, had a great time apart from the result, no trouble at all

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: September 3, 2015, 03:42:34 pm »
what do you think happened in st petersburg, had a great time apart from the result, no trouble at all

Was reading from some of the reports off here mate

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=300947.280

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: September 3, 2015, 05:30:56 pm »

nope staying in sion at the ibis

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #383 on: September 3, 2015, 05:43:02 pm »
nope staying in sion at the ibis
7 of our lot in there as well.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: September 3, 2015, 05:43:35 pm »
I'm at the Ibis too :D

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #385 on: September 3, 2015, 07:10:01 pm »
4 of us at hotel La Regenca in Sion. 6 of us travelling so not sure how that's gonna work!
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #386 on: September 3, 2015, 09:52:41 pm »
Wow mate really?  You must be the only one who didn't nearly get filled in.  Count yourself lucky!  It was every bit as scary as Naples for me.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline tarentheara

• Main Stander
« Reply #387 on: September 4, 2015, 08:59:59 am »
Anyone know when the Bordeux ticket details are getting released on the site? There's under two weeks to go and they still haven't announced anything...

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: September 4, 2015, 11:59:05 am »
Anyone know when the Bordeux ticket details are getting released on the site? There's under two weeks to go and they still haven't announced anything...

Don't get why people ask this

How are we supposed to know mate. Not being funny or anything

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #389 on: September 4, 2015, 08:15:59 pm »
The club might not know yet. Depends how efficient Bordeaux are. But prob this week sometime?? At a guess!!

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: September 5, 2015, 12:19:52 am »
It's the weekend....

Monday maybe, probably Tuesday.

I can see my ticket in my postbox already....when I get back.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline HMHB

• Main Stander
« Reply #391 on: September 6, 2015, 01:15:52 pm »
any good recommendations for digs in geneva?got one up in the red light area,so possibilities there :)
!!

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #392 on: September 8, 2015, 09:58:37 am »
any good recommendations for digs in geneva?got one up in the red light area,so possibilities there :)
!!

Only booked yesterday and was thinking of staying in Sion, if any decent accommodation left. Thought majority would be staying in Sion, may have to rethink this...
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #393 on: September 8, 2015, 12:25:10 pm »
Only booked yesterday and was thinking of staying in Sion, if any decent accommodation left. Thought majority would be staying in Sion, may have to rethink this...
We're staying in Sion mate, let me know if you are struggling to find anything and I'll have a look as well.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 8, 2015, 12:28:15 pm »
We're staying in Sion mate, let me know if you are struggling to find anything and I'll have a look as well.
We're in Sion as well mate - hopefully see you there :)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #395 on: September 8, 2015, 12:29:27 pm »
We're in Sion as well mate - hopefully see you there :)
Great news! You definitely will Alan  :)

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #396 on: September 8, 2015, 12:51:37 pm »

cheers mate, looked at same hotel as you guys but fully booked. Just seen the capacity of Sion's ground, only 16k - will be fun to get spares  ;D
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #397 on: September 8, 2015, 01:00:21 pm »
cheers mate, looked at same hotel as you guys but fully booked. Just seen the capacity of Sion's ground, only 16k - will be fun to get spares  ;D
Yeah we'll probably only get 750-800 tickets!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: September 8, 2015, 01:02:01 pm »
Think I'm sorted for somewhere to stay in Sion.

Andy, just sent you a PM mate.  Let us know.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #399 on: September 8, 2015, 02:31:55 pm »
Think I'm sorted for somewhere to stay in Sion.

Andy, just sent you a PM mate.  Let us know.
Cheers Stephen, I've just replied mate.