Author Topic: Tim Sherwood  (Read 90747 times)

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Tim Sherwood
« Reply #680 on: October 27, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »
I can't stand him - but I think that falls under he mistakes category. He has learned the job isn't as easy as it looks. But like all youngsters - they think they know everything right at the start.
In one sense, he is not too unlike Rodgers, who seemed out to prove many wrong on the common misconceptions about the qualities of Premiership, and especially British, players. Given a second chance, I wonder if Rodgers would insist on his early bravado, his constant chasing of overpriced players from Swansea and Southampton. Probably not.

Regardless, you can hardly feel sorry for either Rodgers or Sherwood. These guys were extremely lucky to land the jobs they did in the first place. They were handsomely paid, and will have lots of money in the bank to get over the sacking. Sometimes, sacking itself is a big lesson, as otherwise, some managers are very stubborn to change their ways. They have to take a step back, and look with a cool head and analyze their mistakes. Till the very end, despite how close he was to the sacking in the past summer, Rodgers insisted on the same mistakes. Supporting him in his wrong ways and giving him more money did nothing to fix his mistakes. They just never learn.

Now that these young managers have lots of time in hand, they can sit down and analyze their mistakes.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #681 on: October 29, 2015, 12:47:04 am »
I'd have gone with "He's shit and wears a Gilet", but this article does a much more succint and brutal job of telling it like it is:

http://www.football365.com/news/proper-football-men-can-be-sht-too

:D
We are Liverpool!

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #682 on: October 29, 2015, 11:16:49 am »
Hahahahahahahahaha

Remember when that lot didn't want Rafa

Hahahahahahahahaha
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: October 29, 2015, 12:57:17 pm »
Hahahahahahahahaha

Remember when that lot didn't want Rafa

Hahahahahahahahaha

Absolute muppets
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #684 on: October 29, 2015, 04:50:49 pm »
When are they replacing him? Weren't Wilkins and the Assistant Manager sacked too? Who looked after the team last night?

I don't know how/why Clubs can fire someone and then not replace them for a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Especially in Villa's position. Away to Spurs at the weekend, and then home to City.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #685 on: October 29, 2015, 09:03:29 pm »
When are they replacing him? Weren't Wilkins and the Assistant Manager sacked too? Who looked after the team last night?

I don't know how/why Clubs can fire someone and then not replace them for a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Especially in Villa's position. Away to Spurs at the weekend, and then home to City.

Kevin MacDonald is caretaker again. He was caretaker when O'Neill quit and opted to throw in the likes of Albrighton. Almost as soon as Sherwood was sacked they were linked with Remi Garde. Even Garde's employer (Canal Plus) said Villa wanted him. Apparently, when Newcastle were courting Garde, he opted to decline, because his entire coaching staff couldn't come. There seems to be a couple of issues with Garde. He quit Lyon because he said he needed a break. Lyon didn't want him to go.  Also some of his backroom staff were kept on by Lyon (notably former French national keeper Joel Bats). Lyon (Aulas) won't let them freely go and Bats apparently was reluctant to leave France when Garde was approached by Newcastle.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: December 1, 2015, 12:31:43 pm »
A reader email to Football365 offering a rebuttal to Sherwood's latest nonsense in the press:

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #687 on: December 1, 2015, 01:09:18 pm »
A reader email to Football365 offering a rebuttal to Sherwood's latest nonsense in the press:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9wWUc8BZgWE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9wWUc8BZgWE</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #688 on: December 1, 2015, 03:11:50 pm »
Ha, that last bit about Timmy and 'Arry sitting around a fire is great!

Nice to read the bit about our scouts and coaches too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: November 10, 2016, 01:41:13 pm »
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Tim Sherwood appointed @Official_STFC's Director of Football. #SSNHQ

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #690 on: November 10, 2016, 01:42:04 pm »
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Tim Sherwood appointed @Official_STFC's Director of Football. #SSNHQ

Well that's going to end in tears.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #691 on: November 10, 2016, 01:44:16 pm »
Well that's going to end in tears.

Are Red Bull really buying them?  Cos appointing Tactics Tim doesn't strike me as exactly an analytics-based move.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #692 on: November 10, 2016, 01:45:16 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #693 on: November 10, 2016, 01:45:27 pm »
Are Red Bull really buying them?  Cos appointing Tactics Tim doesn't strike me as exactly an analytics-based move.

I can't see it happening if they are, or are even in talks to do so, as you simply don't make those sorts of decisions if so (and as said, it's doubtful they'd employ him).

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #694 on: November 10, 2016, 01:50:17 pm »
I can't see it happening if they are, or are even in talks to do so, as you simply don't make those sorts of decisions if so (and as said, it's doubtful they'd employ him).

We're in a post-Brexit, post-Trump world.  Tim's Going to Make Swindon Great Again.  He's going to wear one of those red baseball caps.

You're just one of the losers who can't see it.  Sad!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #695 on: November 10, 2016, 01:52:49 pm »

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: November 10, 2016, 02:06:34 pm »
Alistair Durden
‏@alidurdenBBC
Sherwood took training this morning but plans to watch matches from the stand. He will be in the dressing room on match days. #stfc
Seems like a snide way to force the current manager out.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #697 on: November 10, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »
Ooooh Swindon.  If Halifax win their replay against Dagenham and Swindon overcome Eastleigh then they meet in the 2nd round of the cup.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: November 10, 2016, 02:29:18 pm »
Doffs Cap
bollocks

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2016, 02:30:50 pm »
Any truth to the rumours that Swindon are being taken over by Red Bull? Could be related to that.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: November 10, 2016, 02:41:04 pm »
One of the comments on the Guardian:

"I reckon this will be 59% successful."
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: November 10, 2016, 03:21:31 pm »
Poor Swindon

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: November 10, 2016, 03:28:54 pm »
Wow, once you get on that managerial conveyor belt you can make a whole career, just bouncing club to club Frank Spencering things and make millions.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #703 on: November 10, 2016, 03:43:14 pm »
Thought this was going to announce him as the new QPR.  Highly sought after is our Timothy.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #704 on: November 10, 2016, 03:44:55 pm »
Wow, once you get on that managerial conveyor belt you can make a whole career, just bouncing club to club Frank Spencering things and make millions.

It's amazing, if you have reasonable name recognition you are absolutely set. You can fuck up as many jobs as you want and it doesn't seem to matter. If you get the bullet from a job TV companies are tripping over themselves for your expert "punditry". These club owners must be as thick as pig shit, because anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge would know to give Tactics Tim a wide berth.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: November 10, 2016, 03:58:23 pm »
It's amazing, if you have reasonable name recognition you are absolutely set. You can fuck up as many jobs as you want and it doesn't seem to matter. If you get the bullet from a job TV companies are tripping over themselves for your expert "punditry". These club owners must be as thick as pig shit, because anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge would know to give Tactics Tim a wide berth.
He's a long time friend of the chairman. It's even easier to keep getting these jobs when you have good contacts.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: November 10, 2016, 03:58:30 pm »
So apparently he will not only be in charge of singing players, but he will also be picking the starting line-up and the formation. How the hell does that work?!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #707 on: November 10, 2016, 04:02:26 pm »
So apparently he will not only be in charge of singing players, but he will also be picking the starting line-up and the formation. How the hell does that work?!

Karaoke on the Friday night, write out the players' names in a 4-4-2 formation on an A4 sheet on Saturday morning. Simples

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #708 on: November 10, 2016, 04:37:41 pm »

When he was in charge of the youth at Spurs we sent a lot of youngsters on loan to Swindon and sold a couple Luongo the most successful. so there is "history".

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: November 10, 2016, 04:46:14 pm »
When he was in charge of the youth at Spurs we sent a lot of youngsters on loan to Swindon and sold a couple Luongo the most successful. so there is "history".

What percentage were successful?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #710 on: November 10, 2016, 05:29:50 pm »
The douche has found his level finally..

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #711 on: November 10, 2016, 06:47:05 pm »
His  interview on sky sports was pretty appalling.

Basically suggesting he got Swindons manager the job in the first place and he should be 'grateful' for what he had done for him when questioned if his role undermined the current boss

He'"" Ben manager within a few months.  Nailed on

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: November 11, 2016, 05:59:39 am »
Hopefully he'll be sporting this over the festive season.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #713 on: November 11, 2016, 08:50:15 am »
Any truth to the rumours that Swindon are being taken over by Red Bull? Could be related to that.
Probably something in it, given the appointment of Timmy, who loves his 4-4-2. That gives you wings.
AHA!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: November 11, 2016, 09:18:40 am »

Possibly. They'll be known as RBS.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: November 11, 2016, 11:31:30 am »
I ha
d a strong dislike since he was in the studio for Fulham v Liverpool  game and even though we were by far the better team, it looked as though though it was going to die out into an undeserved draw.
Then up stepped Benny and bang the ball in the net to score our winner and keep us in the the chase in 2009.
When the camera came to him, he looked as though his head was close to exploding. You could tell he had all this bullshit written about why we drew because of Rotation, zonal making, Rafa being to negative even though we were scoring more goals than anyone,
etc,etc.
All the bullshit that the so called football experts had decided were the reason why Rafa was wrong for Liverpool and in the last seconds he had it all ripped away from him and he looked like a two year old who needed to throw those toys out the pram.
Could see the veins pulsing on his forehead!
Beautiful!!!
Stupid Timmy, poor old Swindon Town.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #716 on: November 11, 2016, 12:25:38 pm »
I had a strong dislike since he was in the studio...

Yeah, I remember him delivering his own peculiar brand of punditry for one of our games, probably the same sort of time. He said something along the lines of 'I don't like zonal marking, you never know who to blame when you've conceded'.

Because that's apparently more important than not conceding...
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #717 on: November 15, 2016, 10:07:35 pm »
Swindon just lost 3-1 at home to Eastleigh in the FA Cup.  Well done Timothy.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #718 on: November 15, 2016, 11:31:39 pm »

;D

He made his departure from the stands and took over the managerial duties in the second half.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #719 on: November 16, 2016, 09:18:09 am »
Well Halifax play Eastleigh in the 2nd round.  :D