Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Arsenal - 2 - Full TIme  (Read 94747 times)

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool - 2 Arsenal - 2 - Full TIme
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2014, 06:09:53 pm »
We played well in the middle of the park but we are just so soft. The second goal conceded was piss poor

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2014, 06:09:56 pm »
We are starting to see glimpses of last season's style of play. Rodgers needs about 2/3 players to get us playing that free-flowing football. We need a DM, mobile striker and we should be back to something approaching last season's game. I've been encouraged since Raheem has played upfront, it has changed our game. He is not the answer, in that he is not a finisher, but Timbo was not far off, just a bit of pace, some darting runs, stretch play, and all of a sudden the rest of the side starts functioning. Contrast that to Lambert/Balotelli playing upfront and what that did to our free-flowing fluid attack? Encouraged.
We're two decent forwards off looking like a decent side again. I still maintain the 3 at the back is a stopgap until we have those, then we move to a more solid 4. What baffled me about the game is that Brendan took off Markovic, who was probably our best player today, and decided to proceed with Borini and Lambert up top without changing the formation. Granted, it wasn't needed, but it nearly cost us at the end.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »
Can you really say it was a good performance when we were terrible in the 2 most important areas, our box and theirs. All well and good bossing an empty midfield and dominating possession, but it means nothing if you can't capitalize when you're on top, or defend when you're under pressure, something this side consistently fails to do.

Probably deserved a point, but I wouldn't say we were robbed.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:06 pm »
I actually feel really sorry for Borini.

Im not, he was really fucking stupid there when he came on.

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:07 pm »
Much better series of performances in the last 3 matches. Although the second half was a bit huff and puff after they scored. Still managed to fight back in the last few minutes.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:08 pm »
He was shit before their first goal. He was shit after their goal. He is shit after his goal.

It would also help if we stopped giving stupid free kicks away in crucial parts of the game. Can the captain please take note.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:10 pm »
It went through his legs you quilts. Happens to the best of them.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:15 pm »
I don't. He's a fucking idiot
me neither, 2 absolutely stupid yellows.
showed some energy and passion, but needs to keep the head.

Offline Pepe Silvia

• Anny Roader
  • real ale chilled she'll tell shell
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:18 pm »
Well, we looked predictably open defensively, the subs made things worse (although could argue put better finishers higher up the pitch), and we really needed and should have got the win, but man, what a header. Deep into injury time too. A thoroughly entertaining game all in all.

Offline The Kings Army

• Anny Roader
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:21 pm »
It would be hard for anyone to convince me that the referee was not a bloody cheat. There's no way that was a red card if he didn't send Flamini off. And there were several other decisions that mysteriously went Arsenal's way. The officiating in the PL is a joke.

Think Oliver did well today. Borini's was a straight red no question, so for a second booking it had to be given. Flaminis could have gone either way. You can see he was challenging for the ball, watch fellainis elbow every week and you'll see why flaminis isn't a second yellow. Although Markovic against Basel would be the counter argument. All just depends on the ref

Fairly encouraging though. Was never going to change right away and hopefully this signals the turn in form. Make no mistake arsenal are still a good team. 2-2 for a team going through some rehab is not a bad result. It's really nice to see attacking football at least, even if we aren't getting the results at the minute

Think our main business in the transfer window has to be a better defensive coach. Brendan really needs some help.
There's high, and then there's high, and to get really high--i mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--  that's where i'm going"
George Harrison

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:21 pm »
We had 65% possession which against Arsenal shows how well we dominated.
#JFT97

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:28 pm »
And by the way, we were fucking ace

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:29 pm »
I don't get why Rodgers refused to change that midfield as well. Gerrard was atrocious all game, and was played a part in both goals we conceded. His passing was way off. Both him and Lucas looked spent.

All this while we have a young energetic Emre Can on the bench raring to go.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:33 pm »
Top 4 trophy is gone.

Good thing the Europa League means the exact same thing. Would rather the silverware.

Hopefully the club realise this and put all their focus on winning the Europa League now. It's the only way into the Champions League for us now. Make sure we rest players and get them 100& focused on winning all 3 cups. The PL will take care of itself. We'll finish 7th or 8th regardless which is where we've been the last several years excluding last season's one off.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:34 pm »
How can anyone take positives out of that. The season is fucking over in terms of the league.

You're so fucking boring

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:38 pm »
Henderson was dire today for me. Hesistant all the time and didn't show himself when needed.

There was also one moment when he was 100% favourite to win the ball against Coquelin and he just backed off from the collision. He's half the player since he got the vice captaincy.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:41 pm »
We deserved to win but defensive lapses and poor finishing costs us.

Ultimately we needed to win to keep the fight for top four alive. We didnt.

There is nothing from that game to suggest we can't catch up and over take Arsenal. We ARE a better team then them.

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:57 pm »
Are you fucking joking? It went straight at him. Are you seriously telling me that was an impossible shot to save?

No, I'm not joking. Giroud's pinged it at him. It's not the direction that beats him, it's the pace of it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:58 pm »
I don't. He's a fucking idiot
First booking was absurd. Thought he was unlucky with the header.

Offline art03

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:04 pm »
Great game if only we had a striker ... we are an offensive team. Forget about the defense, just spend big bucks to buy the best 1 on 1 defenders money can find and just focus on the attack. :)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:10 pm »
Henderson was dire today for me. Hesistant all the time and didn't show himself when needed.

There was also one moment when he was 100% favourite to win the ball against Coquelin and he just backed off from the collision. He's half the player since he got the vice captaincy.

he should never play wingback
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:13 pm »
Can you really say it was a good performance when we were terrible in the 2 most important areas, our box and theirs. All well and good bossing an empty midfield and dominating possession, but it means nothing if you can't capitalize when you're on top, or defend when you're under pressure, something this side consistently fails to do.

Probably deserved a point, but I wouldn't say we were robbed.

If we had one of Alexis/Welbeck/Giroud today, we'd have won that 3-2. If we had Sturridge fit, the game would have been over at half time. That was utter domination. We just need a proper striker, seriously.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:13 pm »
I don't care how bad or good we are playing. The team is showing character and passion. Once we get out of the rough patch I believe we will climb. If it will be enough for fourth is the question though since we've lost so much ground.

We need Sturridge badly anyway.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:17 pm »
He slipped, Sanchez that is. Watch a replay. Gerrard doesn't even fucking touch him, the thigh exposing London loving little diving diva c*nt.
nah it was a foul mate, he caught him in the shin.
went down very easy mind, but still a free.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:28 pm »
He slipped, Sanchez that is. Watch a replay. Gerrard doesn't even fucking touch him, the thigh exposing London loving little diving diva c*nt.

Gerrard very clearly makes contact with his shin.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:29 pm »
No delighted with a point and the continuous defensive errors.

I wouldn't say you have ever been delighted in your life.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:29 pm »
Someone needs to coach our players to put their laces through the ball when they are finishing and shooting from range. 9 times out of 10 the ball trickles through to the goalie.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:30 pm »
And a few that should've hit the target. Not clinical enough but we created enough to hurt them. Toothless wrong word. And they are Arsenal, not useless at all, even if we did make them look poor with our general play

Toothless is the right word, we bite bite bite but no real damage. I know we're missing Sturridge and Suarez and it's killing us right now.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:38 pm »
You kind of get to the point when it comes to our defence where you just cant see the point in discussing it anymore.

It's as if you just have to accept this schoolboy display week in week out buoyed on by the belief that once Sturridge is back you'll be less interested in looking at how shit shit it is and continues to be.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Online Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:39 pm »
I was calling for Mignolet in the pre-game thread and basically - I think he would have kept the second one out. Tragi-comedic defending aside, that's Mignolet's bread and butter. Not even too clear a connection from Giroud and Jones was nowhere, just like he was nowhere at Bournemouth and nowhere at Old Trafford. If this side has pretensions of competing at the top level then clearly we need to address our lack of a 1st team goalkeeper.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:42 pm »
It would also help if we stopped giving stupid free kicks away in crucial parts of the game. Can the captain please take note.

He was 1v1 against a full back. He lost that battle. He is a joke of a defender and the fact he has been here 7 years and still is in the team is amazing.

Offline -bullfrog-

• -jeremiah- -helped me drink my wine-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:43 pm »
Deserved a win today, performance was good. Fourth might be too big a task now, but we're getting better! We're going to turn this around! Go Brendan!  :)

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:44 pm »
People are prasing Borini fuck me, he's a fucking idiot today who has as many league goals for us as red cards.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:47 pm »
Arsenal were missing wilshire Ramsey arteta and ozil in their midfield
And its not like they've been on fire this season.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:50 pm »
Get fucking in! Top half of the league for christmas...unless Stoke win their next game. Some good results this weekend keeps us 7 points above the drop zone.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:54 pm »

I did watch it, he caught him. Sanchez may have gone down too easily but we've had players like that ourselves in the past. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:56 pm »
We were so much better,  it is not even joke. Could easily have been last year's repeat. Skrtel cant defend at all. Should play as striker and score goals like that.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:58 pm »

He does. They replayed it on sky and it clearly shows connection...

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:58 pm »
It's OK. Skrtel scored. Which makes up for his other fucking errors since Rodgers tenure.

Defend and we win, it's not rocket science the gang of fucking bells

Europa league now. Premier League season is over.

Fucking twats
You're the only fucking twat mate. We worked our bollocks off there.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2014, 06:12:03 pm »
How can anyone take positives out of that. The season is fucking over in terms of the league.
Well don't watch the league games then. 9 pts behind 4th isn't Everest.