Author Topic: Booooooooooo  (Read 48096 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Booooooooooo
« Reply #80 on: November 9, 2014, 12:15:15 am »
I agree with the booing is not something we should do HOWEVER... same shite every week! After the real macth, wtf did BR do to change it up? The players and thaaaaaaaaats about it. What a joke, BR seems so blindly stubborn and unwilling to chnage the formation to the point I think any fan would be bloody pissed off! Booing doesn't help but the manager isn't doing crap to make a change and push us. I feel that if sturriage wasn't fit next week we'd see the same crap again... ect ect

In the end as fans we get like this because we want the BEST FOR THE TEAM and the fact we care. The tossers/plastic wankers are the ones who ditch the team or know shite all about them and pretend they do. The booing is shite thing to do but at home, at anfield , the fans who probably turn up as much as they can and pay to see their beloved team play and see the constant shite repeatedly is not on.

Just my opinion as a fan who wouldn't boo at my team but I sure would give someone a bollocking if they kept doing same mistake again. I don't think there are many of us who would say they aren't sad or angry with our performances as of late.
What match did you watch?

Instead of listening to the telly, watch the match. Check out how many times during the first half Brendan makes changes.  Were you upset with Brendan when the match started? Was it the same when Chan scored? Brendan was stupid by then right?

Did you even notice Hendo was Cecs' marker? Or did you find that out after the match?

Were you pissed off at the tactical change from last season to this by having Coutinho and Sterling dribble the ball through Chelsea's midfield. Something we didn't do last time at Anfield. You were on top of that right? Even Skretl brought the ball up.

You were right pissed off I bet when Coutinho and Chan went off for Allen and Borini when we were down 1-2, right?  Didn't you see the switch in formation and tactics? Hadn't you sussed out by then that Chan was losing a step and not keeping up with play. Or that Coutinho was being marked out of the match when Mourinho's switch. So we moved Gerrard up and had Borini to run off Balotelli. We became more attacking.  And with the ref seeing a hand ball, who knows if we'd not only have levelled but made them panic and we find a winner.

But yeah, Rodgers plays the same tactics and same shite repeatedly.. ::)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #81 on: November 9, 2014, 12:22:09 am »
There's a reason they call us 'supporters', and that's because we're meant to support the team.
Constantly slagging the team off and booing them is the opposite of support in my book.

Offline Red_Wings

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: November 9, 2014, 12:25:10 am »

Instead of listening to the telly, watch the match. Check out how many times during the first half Brendan makes changes.  Were you upset with Brendan when the match started? Was it the same when Chan scored? Brendan was stupid by then right?

Did you even notice Hendo was Cecs' marker? Or did you find that out after the match?

Were you pissed off at the tactical change from last season to this by having Coutinho and Sterling dribble the ball through Chelsea's midfield. Something we didn't do last time at Anfield. You were on top of that right? Even Skretl brought the ball up.

You were right pissed off I bet when Coutinho and Chan went off for Allen and Borini when we were down 1-2, right?  Didn't you see the switch in formation and tactics? Hadn't you sussed out by then that Chan was losing a step and not keeping up with play. Or that Coutinho was being marked out of the match when Mourinho's switch. So we moved Gerrard up and had Borini to run off Balotelli. We became more attacking.  And with the ref seeing a hand ball, who knows if we'd not only have levelled but made them panic and we find a winner.

Wow, great make assumptions I didnt watch the match and act like you know everything. Did I say it was just based on this match soley? Calm down, gonna end up a booing fan. I actually try look for positives rather than just negitives so cool yourself down. Trying give perspective to why fans acted that way, not saying it was right. You going to deny BR hasn't used the same formation quite a lot this season and hasn't turned out well.

But yeah, you know exactly how I think don't you :)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2014, 12:29:02 am by Red_Wings »

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #83 on: November 9, 2014, 12:27:20 am »
To a degree the people that go to games have the right to boo. Seeing the team go from last season to this seasons form makes everyone angry. Add a 60 pound ticket to the mix and you just go insane. Especially with the subs BR made which made no sense, you can't blame the supporters too much.
Seen us win everything

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #84 on: November 9, 2014, 12:30:18 am »
Fucking hell get off your soap boxes. People pay good money they can do what the fuck they want, if they want to wear a half and half scarf maybe its their first match or its one they've been looking forward to or they have this mad thing called free will and bought it, and why not?! Horrible nobhead better than thou attitude cos you wear your adidas trackie top the match and someone else wears their Liverpool shirt. And guess what people take photos at the match, like they would do a concert cos it probably means a great deal to them. If people want to boo its their prerogative, bet a few of yous where shouting at the tele today, doesn't make you a whopper

If you wear a half and half Liverpool-Chelsea scarf then you have no fucking clue whatsoever what this club is all about. It's as simple as that.

Offline flatiron

• Miserable, grumpy, arl arse get who hates everything. But it's okay, he's a REALIST! Just don't wave the Guardian or a refugee banner near him.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: November 9, 2014, 12:30:30 am »
I've not been on this forum or any other for a couple of years, the reason being the number of "superfans" who are still living in the past.
Let's get something straight here, Anfield and Liverpool fc are NOT what they were 30 years ago.

Liverpool fc do not sign players who care about the club or the fans. The majority of players are mercenaries who are only here to pick up their fat wage packet.
Likewise the club do NOT care about the fans. All we are is a bunch of  mugs who spend our hard earned cash on some sport we regard as a religion that gives us a sense of belonging because we have little else to keep us interested in life.

The reason anfield is full of whoppers is because lfc wants their money. They come on package tours from all over the world, stay in the Hilton, meet former players and go in the club shop to buy a half and half scarf.

As a supporter who was brought up in the tradition of always backing the team I can see where the superfans are coming from. Booing is wrong.....but today I booed the substitutions.

I am sick of hearing how our support is the best in the world....it isn't and never has been. That is a myth put out by the club to make us feel loved by the people taking us for mugs.

I watch this team this season and it has been destroyed. All of brendan's good work has been undone in one summer.

We were so close last season.Even though I never once thought we'd do it ....it still had me buzzing my tits off when we were beating Norwich, man city etc in that final run in.

this season we have been nothing short of shite. the defence,midfield and attack...every one of them well below par.

we have the laziest bastard of a forward I have ever seen in a red shirt. I do not buy into this " he is trying" bollox. I watched him today and he did fuck all! The next time he sets off a rocket I hope he is strapped tightly to it and it sends him back to Italy.

I am not one to slag the team off in public, it just shows lfc up. But today I flipped and I am sure that's what happened with the other few thousand who booed as well. It's what you call frustration after going so close last season and now looking like a mid table side at best.

I've come across you superfans over the years. happy clappy whoppers who would clap balottelli if all he did was crouch down and have a shit by the corner flag.

I've been there when teams/players/decisions under dalglish, souness, evans, houllier, rafa and hodgson have been booed. sometimes the boss isn't right. you can only take the bullshit so long and if he is fucking it up he needs to know we are not happy.

end of rant and I expect to be told to fuck off to goodison!

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #86 on: November 9, 2014, 12:33:18 am »
If you wear a half and half Liverpool-Chelsea scarf then you have no fucking clue whatsoever what this club is all about. It's as simple as that.
Any half and half for that matter.
Seen us win everything

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 9, 2014, 12:36:10 am »
Wow, great make assumptions I didnt watch the match and act like you know everything. Did I say it was just based on this match soley? Calm down, gonna end up a booing fan. I actually try look for positives rather than just negitives so cool yourself down. Trying give perspective to why fans acted that way, not saying it was right. You going to deny BR hasn't used the same formation quite a lot this season and hasn't turned out well.

But yeah, you know exactly how I think don't you :)

Assumptions?

I agree with the booing is not something we should do HOWEVER... same shite every week! After the real macth, wtf did BR do to change it up? The players and thaaaaaaaaats about it. What a joke, BR seems so blindly stubborn and unwilling to chnage the formation to the point I think any fan would be bloody pissed off! Booing doesn't help but the manager isn't doing crap to make a change and push us. I feel that if sturriage wasn't fit next week we'd see the same crap again... ect ect

In the end as fans we get like this because we want the BEST FOR THE TEAM and the fact we care. The tossers/plastic wankers are the ones who ditch the team or know shite all about them and pretend they do. The booing is shite thing to do but at home, at anfield , the fans who probably turn up as much as they can and pay to see their beloved team play and see the constant shite repeatedly is not on.

Just my opinion as a fan who wouldn't boo at my team but I sure would give someone a bollocking if they kept doing same mistake again. I don't think there are many of us who would say they aren't sad or angry with our performances as of late.

No assumptions..just reading your post.

Offline Red_Wings

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: November 9, 2014, 12:40:19 am »
Assumptions?

No assumptions..just reading your post.
Uh huh, lot of leading questions in your post and how you're basing what I said entierly on this one match. I think you should get that it's not like that.
Just in case you feel like I have no valid point.

Lone striker?
Balo again?
Toure?
Manquilo?
Same start formation?
..ect

Yes he did make some changes and try make changes but it's be reactive rather than how we use take charge.
Yes it was handball and ref bottled it but we still don't have that attacking threat. Wouldn't you agree to that?
« Last Edit: November 9, 2014, 12:44:37 am by Red_Wings »

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #89 on: November 9, 2014, 12:40:28 am »

I can almost understand it if it was a big European side we were playing like a Madrid or Bayern, someone who we might only play once in 20-30 years but fucking Chelsea? Sorry, I'd rather see a couple of thousand empty seats than let these clueless twats in the ground.

I've not been on this forum or any other for a couple of years, the reason being the number of "superfans" who are still living in the past.
Let's get something straight here, Anfield and Liverpool fc are NOT what they were 30 years ago.

Liverpool fc do not sign players who care about the club or the fans. The majority of players are mercenaries who are only here to pick up their fat wage packet.
Likewise the club do NOT care about the fans. All we are is a bunch of  mugs who spend our hard earned cash on some sport we regard as a religion that gives us a sense of belonging because we have little else to keep us interested in life.

The reason anfield is full of whoppers is because lfc wants their money. They come on package tours from all over the world, stay in the Hilton, meet former players and go in the club shop to buy a half and half scarf.

As a supporter who was brought up in the tradition of always backing the team I can see where the superfans are coming from. Booing is wrong.....but today I booed the substitutions.

I am sick of hearing how our support is the best in the world....it isn't and never has been. That is a myth put out by the club to make us feel loved by the people taking us for mugs.

I watch this team this season and it has been destroyed. All of brendan's good work has been undone in one summer.

We were so close last season.Even though I never once thought we'd do it ....it still had me buzzing my tits off when we were beating Norwich, man city etc in that final run in.

this season we have been nothing short of shite. the defence,midfield and attack...every one of them well below par.

we have the laziest bastard of a forward I have ever seen in a red shirt. I do not buy into this " he is trying" bollox. I watched him today and he did fuck all! The next time he sets off a rocket I hope he is strapped tightly to it and it sends him back to Italy.

I am not one to slag the team off in public, it just shows lfc up. But today I flipped and I am sure that's what happened with the other few thousand who booed as well. It's what you call frustration after going so close last season and now looking like a mid table side at best.

I've come across you superfans over the years. happy clappy whoppers who would clap balottelli if all he did was crouch down and have a shit by the corner flag.

I've been there when teams/players/decisions under dalglish, souness, evans, houllier, rafa and hodgson have been booed. sometimes the boss isn't right. you can only take the bullshit so long and if he is fucking it up he needs to know we are not happy.

Hard to disagree with any of that. It's more or less dead and today I don't think I've ever felt more removed from my fellow 'supporter'.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #90 on: November 9, 2014, 12:46:03 am »

That's a decent rant! Only 4 posts in over 9 years on RAWK? Why the gaps?

Offline flatiron

• Miserable, grumpy, arl arse get who hates everything. But it's okay, he's a REALIST! Just don't wave the Guardian or a refugee banner near him.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: November 9, 2014, 12:49:15 am »
That's a decent rant! Only 4 posts in over 9 years on RAWK? Why the gaps?
Like I said, been on various forums and I tend to find if you don't agree with the brainwashed happy campers then you end up hating your fellow fans because all they do is shout you down.

I was actually once banned from the official site for daring to say torres was lazy during his final season....so I though fuck it!

Offline andywilko

• Anny Roader
  • Thank You
« Reply #92 on: November 9, 2014, 12:50:17 am »

Spot on, mostly. Rodgers made a number of poor decisions today, but the booed substitutions were not among them.
And with such simplicity,
The European Cup, surely, is won.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #93 on: November 9, 2014, 12:50:30 am »

Not from me pretty much spot on that.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline fcsantos

• Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #94 on: November 9, 2014, 12:52:14 am »
The responses to this OP are very worrying.  Did anyone else think the boos were widespread?

@redwings - do you really not get what the OP is about? Forgetting all the shit about Gazelles, Adidas trackies.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 9, 2014, 12:53:32 am »
Uh huh, lot of leading questions in your post and how you're basing what I said entierly on this one match. I think you should get that it's not like that.

Not leading questions, just pointing out flaws in your argument in todays match.

But according to you this is a constant problem with Rodgers that you've worked out. In your words:

What a joke, BR seems so blindly stubborn and unwilling to chnage the formation to the point I think any fan would be bloody pissed off! Booing doesn't help but the manager isn't doing crap to make a change and push us.

Is that stubborn  and unwilling just v Chelsea or all season?

and see the constant shite repeatedly is not on.

Looks like more than just v Chelsea.

but I sure would give someone a bollocking if they kept doing same mistake again

You're in your element here... :wave

I was right pissed off when we lost. I don't like losing at anytime. But when the match ended, I wasn't pissed off at Rodgers. Nor the players efforts. Nor the tactics. Nor the starting line up.

But reading in here and the post match thread, I guess I should look for scapegoats and be prepared blame everyone at the club from the manager down and his transfers. It's easier to take the low road and whinge than get behind the manager and team for way to many...imho.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 9, 2014, 12:53:46 am »
Like I said, been on various forums and I tend to find if you don't agree with the brainwashed happy campers then you end up hating your fellow fans because all they do is shout you down.

I was actually once banned from the official site for daring to say torres was lazy during his final season....so I though fuck it!

Keep posting mate. Please.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline flatiron

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: November 9, 2014, 12:59:51 am »
Keep posting mate. Please.

I will probably keep an eye on this forum and try not to get dragged into petty arguments about how we should support our team. Quite surprised at people agreeing with me to be honest!

I do get behind the team and give anybody a chance. I just came on to see the reaction after the game and this thread caught my eye as it is more critical of the fans than the players/manager.
Mybe the fan who started it is just trying to deflect the blame for the mess we are in!

Offline Red_Wings

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: November 9, 2014, 01:03:10 am »
Not leading questions, just pointing out flaws in your argument in todays match.

But according to you this is a constant problem with Rodgers that you've worked out. In your words:

What a joke, BR seems so blindly stubborn and unwilling to chnage the formation to the point I think any fan would be bloody pissed off! Booing doesn't help but the manager isn't doing crap to make a change and push us.

Is that stubborn  and unwilling just v Chelsea or all season?

and see the constant shite repeatedly is not on.

Looks like more than just v Chelsea.

but I sure would give someone a bollocking if they kept doing same mistake again

You're in your element here... :wave

I was right pissed off when we lost. I don't like losing at anytime. But when the match ended, I wasn't pissed off at Rodgers. Nor the players efforts. Nor the tactics. Nor the starting line up.

But reading in here and the post match thread, I guess I should look for scapegoats and be prepared blame everyone at the club from the manager down and his transfers. It's easier to take the low road and whinge than get behind the manager and team for way to many...imho.

... I may not be expressing myself properly but yeah do you get that i'm trying to say the fans might of got like that due to a long period of time than just today as things haven't been good as we'd hope. I'm not even scape goating lol, oh please or I wouldn't mention the players as well.

So if you're team does shit just stay positive rather than try find ways to help them play better :) Sureeee we lost 2-1 GREAT!
I didn't call for BR's head did I? I just want the team and club as a whole to do the best!

The responses to this OP are very worrying.  Did anyone else think the boos were widespread?

@redwings - do you really not get what the OP is about? Forgetting all the shit about Gazelles, Adidas trackies.

Explain to me in your own words what OP means? :)

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 9, 2014, 01:20:36 am »
... I may not be expressing myself properly but yeah do you get that i'm trying to say the fans might of got like that due to a long period of time than just today as things haven't been good as we'd hope. I'm not even scape goating lol, oh please or I wouldn't mention the players as well.

So if you're team does shit just stay positive rather than try find ways to help them play better :) Sureeee we lost 2-1 GREAT!
I didn't call for BR's head did I? I just want the team and club as a whole to do the best!

Instead of trying to appease what you think other fans may or may not be doing, only relate to what you do.

Because it looks like you're trying to given reasons why others boo'd and then you chime in with you're own negativity. But you wouldn't boo at the match, however you would bollock the manager or players because in your estimation they are repeating the same mistakes.

Can't have it both ways. Just state what you are about.

As for, So if you're team does shit just stay positive rather than try find ways to help them play better , there aint a fucking thing you, or I, or anyone else posting on Rawk can do to make the team play better. People can make 100 suggestions, different formations, or speculating on a 1,000 different players we should/could have bought. None of it means squat.  ;)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #100 on: November 9, 2014, 01:21:13 am »

Thank you, excellent and intelligent post, there are many people watching football who are unable to see anything but their own limited understanding of what is going on and judge solely by their panini sticker book and the outcome. We used to have sophistacated fans, we know we at least we have one (hopefully more) left.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
« Reply #101 on: November 9, 2014, 01:22:09 am »
Will everybody, please,

CALM. THE FUCK. DOWN.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #102 on: November 9, 2014, 01:28:56 am »

Half and half from the chippy is great.

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
« Reply #103 on: November 9, 2014, 01:32:39 am »
Call it holier than thou or whatever you want but you clearly don't understand Liverpool FC or the culture that surrounds the club.
You can say the same about the people who own and run the club.           

Offline fcsantos

• Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #104 on: November 9, 2014, 01:39:09 am »
@redwing I'm not sure anymore to be honest mate. Best just let you get on with your own thinking, for me there's something that has made us different, sets us apart as a fanbase, the relationship with the manager and players, think that's what Chopper is referring to- hard to explain unless it was over a pint.

:)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #105 on: November 9, 2014, 01:42:00 am »
The funny thing is about most people that boo is that they are the ones who'll sit on their phones most of the game and won't mutter a word of support. Yet when things go bad, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 9, 2014, 01:55:42 am »
Totally agree with the OP. I wouldn't boo the team if we had got twatted 5-0, we just don't do it.

What I will say though having stood in the 200's on the KOP today, it wasn't 'a few' that booed. It was a large proportion of the ground and it was at a time in the game when the fans were already majorly fucked off with the way we were playing.

For those at the game, you will remember a point on the 1st half where the atmosphere was literally toxic at our back 3, when we rather pathetically trying time and time again to gift Chelsea a goal by passing the ball aimlessly around our box. That was the 1st half. It was still 1-1 but we see the signs, the play was shocking and people were getting anxious and frustrated. We've seen it before this season. We travel all across the country and across Europe and watch us play like this and can see what's coming.

By the time the rather ridiculous substitutions happened, our fears had been confirmed and we had conceded another sloppy goal and were now losing.

We're not talking of a few boos here. I was stood in 206. We're talking of regulars. STH's. Scousers. Reds of the older generation. I said in the post match thread that we're not idiots. We know who's playing well and who's playing shit. Out of Gerrard, Can, Coutinho & Hendo there were 2 players that should have been dragged off and there were two who had actually impacted the game and looked a threat. Every red watching the game knew this. We chose the wrong two. At that point, its seems that people had just had enough. This is 11 games of frustration in one fair swoop.

Im not condoning the booing because I didn't do it myself and I don't agree with it but the whole situation stunk and I think it was a slap in the face to all of the supporters (including myself) who have supported Brendans decision to drop those players on Tuesday. It seems he didn't drop them afterall. His subs weren't based on form or 'wanting to create more chances' like he said after the game, it was because he didn't have the guts to pull off the biggest player in the clubs history even though it was clear he was one of the worst performers.

The one thing that makes me think it was an isolated incident was the fact there were no boos at full time. Booing at any time in my opinion is wrong, but I think its only right to try and understand why tens of thousands of regulars, STH's, scousers etc had that 'moment'.

Booing aside (which I do not condone), this is absolutely brilliant. I can totally understand the frustration. We can see clearly who were doing well and who were not. And to see them being taken off when we were trying to get something out of it, that was devastating.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 9, 2014, 02:11:14 am »
Quote from: flatiron link=topic=317749.msg13383178#msg13383178

Great post that. This part especially rings true. I don't like to engage in grass is always greener nostalgia too much, but 30 years ago you'd get the lads winning a Cup Final and coming to celebrate with the fans in some shithole pub in the city. No airs or graces - a genuine connection between supporters and players. Between players and the club. Between the club and the city.

Nowadays, I doubt most of them would waste their piss on you if you were on fire. Surrounded by security, so far removed from normal life and the people who inhabit it. The closest they get to a meaningful connection is a 140 character tweet typed up by their publicist, or an interview they've been forced into by their sponsor.

I took one of the kids autograph hunting after training last season, spent over an hour waiting in the rain only to see sports car after sports car leather it past the gathering minions who'd braved the conditions. The few that did throw pity on us didn't look up once, didn't say a word other than the occasional grunt, and zoomed away again 5 seconds later. Still, breadcrumbs eh?

That's what amuses and saddens me in equal measure with the posters on here who react to any criticism of their favourite player like you've just walked into their house and slapped their dog with your cock. Some of these are worse than fucking One Direction fans on Twitter.

Someday they'll realise, he's just not that into you.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2014, 02:13:19 am by NealFrom25Yards »

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: November 9, 2014, 02:16:43 am »
This is not new!!!! I remember teams gettin booed  off many times if the'ved played shite. So whats the big deal?
The team has had a load of cash thrown at it and its shite, the match going fans are aware of this, they'er not stupid.
That defence as had the best part ov 40 mil spent on it and its worse !!!! Boooooooo
The attack couldnt strike a match .... Boooooo
The middle of the park  carnt tackle for toffee.... booooooo
The football played is ugly as sin ..... boooooooo
Its the best part of 50 to watch this shit FUCKING BOOOOOOOO
Fuck them, they deserve to be booed, the're no 8 years of age!!!

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #109 on: November 9, 2014, 02:20:08 am »
This is not new!!!! I remember teams gettin booed  off many times if the'ved played shite. So whats the big deal?
The team has had a load of cash thrown at it and its shite, the match going fans are aware of this, they'er not stupid.
That defence as had the best part ov 40 mil spent on it and its worse !!!! Boooooooo
The attack couldnt strike a match .... Boooooo
The middle of the park  carnt tackle for toffee.... booooooo
The football played is ugly as sin ..... boooooooo
Its the best part of 50 to watch this shit FUCKING BOOOOOOOO
Fuck them, they deserve to be booed, the're no 8 years of age!!!

True to your name, I believe you are binge...drinking.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 9, 2014, 02:26:54 am »
I will probably keep an eye on this forum and try not to get dragged into petty arguments about how we should support our team. Quite surprised at people agreeing with me to be honest!

I do get behind the team and give anybody a chance. I just came on to see the reaction after the game and this thread caught my eye as it is more critical of the fans than the players/manager.
Mybe the fan who started it is just trying to deflect the blame for the mess we are in!

Those that go against the grain are shouted down by as you put it the happy campers. That is why I think people like you need to post a bit more. A bit more realism here won't do us any harm to be honest.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: November 9, 2014, 02:32:08 am »
True to your name, I believe you are binge...drinking.
so did you clap them off mate?
Are you happy with the performance?
Is this the first time you have heard boooooes?
They were shite and it's been like that since August and the fans cough up £50 to go an you think they deserve clapping off , Fuckoff BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 9, 2014, 02:42:28 am »
Very interesting thread.

I think what has changed the game is money. The players make enough in one season to retire for good.  Remember when players had to have testimonials for their retirement? Seems laughable now.

They are too far removed from the fans. Transient employees, in some cases here just for a few months. Why expect them to run through brick walls for the club?  Solidarity cannot survive this state of affairs.

The fans themselves are less patient because they are paying for a match ticket what a few decades ago would have probably almost got you a season ticket. No doubt a lot of working class fans have been priced out of the stadium. But how else to pay the astronomical wages?

And if you think this is bad, wait until the proposed breakaway European league takes over. Players will be arriving and leaving by helicopter, not Aston Martins.

With respect to the booing, I heard it loud and clear coming through the TV. At first I thought it was the Chelsea fans.

Like others, I am saddened by it. But I understand it. I think it has something to do with the above. But Rodgers has created a rod for his own back.

The whole Real Madrid situation did did not make him or the club look good. What is the point of desperately scrambling to be in the CL if you then go and do that - at the Bernebeu, of all places? And what was the point - so that Rodgers could cover his own ass if we got a hiding? Or to be fresh for the Chelsea game? Well guess what - Chelsea looked fresher than we did. The club looks small and Rodgers is diminished. He knows it - you can tell by his body language on the touchline.

And then came the substitutions. They made it seem he is playing favourites. Rightly or wrongly. And the frustrations came out of the fans.

This week was a watershed, in hindsight, for Rodgers. 

I find it hard to be angry with him. He gave us one helluva season. One I will long remember. And he is young and inexperienced.

But this past week suggested that the job may just be too big for him.

« Last Edit: November 9, 2014, 03:04:28 am by FLRed67 »

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: November 9, 2014, 03:05:15 am »
Very interesting thread.

I think what has changed the game is money. The players make enough in one season to retire for good. 

Remember when players had to have testimonials for their retirement? Seems laughable now.

The fans are less patient because they are paying for a match ticket what a few decades ago would have probably almost got you a season ticket.

The thing is it's not that new mate, even when Liverpool were dominating the league during the 80s and they went through a sticky patch it used to be the best atmosphere going because of the moans an groans an booing. Now it just takes a little longer for the fans to let off some steam because everyone knows we're not the all conquering machine from yesteryear so obviously they get more time to show their worth. But when so much cash has been spent, an they perform like they have after 10-12 games then the boos are inevitable.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 9, 2014, 03:26:14 am »
Fucking hell get off your soap boxes. People pay good money they can do what the fuck they want, if they want to wear a half and half scarf maybe its their first match or its one they've been looking forward to or they have this mad thing called free will and bought it, and why not?! Horrible nobhead better than thou attitude cos you wear your adidas trackie top the match and someone else wears their Liverpool shirt. And guess what people take photos at the match, like they would do a concert cos it probably means a great deal to them. If people want to boo its their prerogative, bet a few of yous where shouting at the tele today, doesn't make you a whopper

Any supporter who buys a scarf in which half is covered in Chelsea colours isn't a Liverpool supporter in my eyes what's next a half-half Everton-Liverpool? fuck me.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #115 on: November 9, 2014, 03:35:12 am »

So we moved Gerrard up and had Borini to run off Balotelli. We became more attacking.  A

We moved Gerrard up? We became more attacking?

We had Gerrard and Henderson as the most withdrawn 2 midfielders AFTER CFC scored their second goal.

And since the game so closely, did you notice that Oscar was offside and impeding play (blocking Mignolet's path to even attempt to save Costa's shot) for their 2nd goal? Did you notice that Matic should have gotten a second yellow for a blatant professional foul on Borini?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Arthurs Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: November 9, 2014, 03:57:05 am »
Fair comment Chops, I echo your sentiments.  For me though I lost a lot of love and respect for the whole thing a few years back, Rafa's last season, away at Pompey, hearing idiots spewing venom and bile at our manager. I even challenged one of them whe he started getting a song going abusing Rafa.  Sickening, even more so when one of his mates actually said  " he has to go after this result"  I asked him who do you get in then not that I agree mind, "Roy Hodgson" he quipped.  I was sick in my mouth and t be honest I have never been able to shake the taste of it since even 4 years down the line.  It bollox- too any muppets at the game and to be honest and I hate saying this- I know so many clueless bellends, and the majority of them are fellow scousers
I know the feeling and agree with Always a Red comments in this thread as well. Don't know whether I m getting older but the love for the club has disintegrated lately. I loved Houllier when he came because he improved the club, Rafa for me was brilliant, Kenny is just a pure class act. Don't get me wrong watching Suarez last season was fucking boss but the club and everyone else down have fallen into the "fake" pit for me. Every sound bite, media message given out by the club doesn't ring true. Maybe it's not designed for the likes of me but instead for the world brand but I'm always asking myself why are they doing that, why say that? So when I heard the boos today and comments from match going reds I think many have had enough. Maybe I'm wrong? I have never booed at the match and never will but I can understand it now. The club spews bullshit and our manager (don't shoot me for this) is on that bandwagon. I don't trust him like the other managers mentioned because I believe they have the club at heart. Don't shoot me down lads, I've followed the club around the world been a sth etc just stating my feeling and I'm sad to do so.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2014, 04:01:28 am by Arthurs Bar »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #117 on: November 9, 2014, 04:03:35 am »

:D

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 9, 2014, 07:32:45 am »
Any supporter who buys a scarf in which half is covered in Chelsea colours isn't a Liverpool supporter in my eyes what's next a half-half Everton-Liverpool? fuck me.

And why is that? Mate you're not a better fan than anyone if you don't take a scarf or you don't wear a Liverpool shirt the match, these whoppers you all detest so much help fund the signings that should be performing better. People with there phones is to be expected, technology has moved on since the days we reigned supreme, half of you amazing superfans would've been doing the same I guarantee it if technology was where it is now in our glory years... Technology has evolved and that's spread everywhere, people are never off their phones and its none of our business if they choose to text their mate saying waste of money, or theyll be home in 20 minutes to the missus and make sure you wash me half and half scarf.
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #119 on: November 9, 2014, 09:00:14 am »

Maybe because that was a one-dimensional view of the situation ?

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'