Author Topic: Booooooooooo  (Read 48102 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: Booooooooooo
« Reply #280 on: November 9, 2014, 11:25:31 pm »
No

Thought I was the only one who thought he is for a second!  ???

it was more a general point not slating rodgers

Good. Your post implied that if we kept with the wrong man we could be set back decades (ie Rodgers). Sorry for misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2014, 11:27:09 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: November 9, 2014, 11:27:33 pm »
But we haven't got the wrong man. Have we??

Did you see "being Liverpool" looking out of that window? He looked lost.

He is too interested in his LMA pals,too friendly to the press, Kenny told them fuck off ,and he ( unlike Rafa
), is a system manager  who won't tactically adapt and play different formations. 

Who the fuck is Brad Smith?! Proving a point to the board is he?  Who the fuck is Texiera? Yeah! we won!

Ok, he got us too second but its his fault we didn't win it because we should have just settled for a point at home to Chelsea. Not that i'm using any hindsight.

Sturridge is our only good player and Rodgers did not want him!!

Why did we sell Andy Carroll ? We need a plan B. Lambert is coming on??     

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I call this the Tony Evans shithouse fullhouse.
No time for caution.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: November 9, 2014, 11:31:47 pm »
Endy mate I don't know whether your taking the piss or being serious. Jon Hall will be along to put a 'Bell' in front of your name soon if you don't clarify :)

Offline End Product

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 9, 2014, 11:43:20 pm »
Endy mate I don't know whether your taking the piss or being serious. Jon Hall will be along to put a 'Bell' in front of your name soon if you don't clarify :)

Ha Bellend Product is a superior name.

Just highlights of the guff i have heard spewed about our talented manager who will bring us back to were we belong. 

No time for caution.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #284 on: November 9, 2014, 11:47:37 pm »
I think he made a balls of things in the summer and the performances this season have been dire, but booing at the match? Fuck that.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #285 on: November 9, 2014, 11:55:13 pm »
I  will  bite.

Who  is your  realistic choice for Liverpool manager?
He's not advocating a change of manager.  He's highlighting how ridiculous some of the viewpoints are. 

He's doing all this with a penchant for the dramatic, which I think has confused some of you.  ;D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #286 on: November 9, 2014, 11:57:22 pm »
[quote author=End Product link=topic=317749.msg13385714#msg13385714

He is too interested in his LMA pals,too friendly to the press, Kenny told them fuck off ,and he ( unlike Rafa
), is a system manager  who won't tactically adapt and play different formations. 

[/quote]

You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

And what's with referencing things from two years ago? Have you been away for a stretch?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: November 9, 2014, 11:58:35 pm »
Thank you :)
And to the rest, no way is this going to become a speculation or right/man wrong man thread.

Come on, none of that!
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline End Product

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 10, 2014, 12:01:35 am »
[quote author=End Product link=topic=317749.msg13385714#msg13385714

You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

And what's with referencing things from two years ago? Have you been away for a stretch?

I was n't being sincere mate, only in the praise bit. If you read enough though its hard to tell the difference!

By the way a lot of the bull i wrote was taken from people who get paid a good living for there views.     
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:04:43 am by End Product »
No time for caution.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2014, 12:23:18 am »
We have one of the best young managers in Europe. We're in a tough patch, it happens.

In Rodgers I trust.

The boo boys can fuck off.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #290 on: November 10, 2014, 12:41:37 am »
have had a woman at anfield watching the game through her ipad tell me off for standing up at a corner

Shouldn't have stood on her ipad... :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2014, 01:01:05 am »
Fucking hell get off your soap boxes. People pay good money they can do what the fuck they want, if they want to wear a half and half scarf maybe its their first match or its one they've been looking forward to or they have this mad thing called free will and bought it, and why not?! Horrible nobhead better than thou attitude cos you wear your adidas trackie top the match and someone else wears their Liverpool shirt. And guess what people take photos at the match, like they would do a concert cos it probably means a great deal to them. If people want to boo its their prerogative, bet a few of yous where shouting at the tele today, doesn't make you a whopper

I've got no problem with people taking photos, but booing is incomparable to that. When you've eleven (fourteen) players grafting away for ninety minutes, putting in 110% and when you've a manager who is undoubtedly trying his best to bring us success, why the fuck would you boo? It's outrageous, it's vile and for me it's not what proper supporters do.

The only time I'd ever boo is if the players/manager were showing contempt for the club. There have been plenty of players over the years who I've thought were shite weren't good enough but I've never considered booing them. I'm of the opinion that while at the match, you support your team and you support your manager.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2014, 02:37:56 am »
Football is so rubbish these days.

Overpaid footballers, clubs ripping off supporters, supporters booing. One big silly waste of time. Don't know why I bother ... The whole thing is nonsense.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2014, 02:48:47 am »
Also, a polite reminder to everyone about where the mighty Klopp and his incredible Dortmund side are at the moment. I wonder if people are calling for his head too...

Offline fcsantos

• Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2014, 02:57:27 am »
Please everyone, I appreciate I am not a well respected or known poster, but any Liverpool supporter, please, please listen to the TAW podcast:

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/11/podcast-drifters/

If you can't be arsed listening to it, just listen to the last 10minutes which tells us what Liverpool fans are all about, I fucking love these boys!

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2014, 03:36:28 am »
I taped the game and actually sat through and watched the game back from the 30th minute and i dont know about others but there appeared to be plenty of frustration when Henderson slowed the play down or we passed it around the back.

Rodgers knew anyway. His post match interviews have referenced the crowd frustration and you can tell he is feeling the heat.
thats what i thought, more "boo" or frustration were coming for Henderson passes or choice of passes .. instead of the subs...

looking at a positive way ... fans BOO coz we read the game and show passionate to it ... and because we CARE so we did it ... cant really go blind clapping or silent for the whole game which "most of u" pay 60 bounds  for ...
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2014, 03:58:14 am »
have had a woman at anfield watching the game through her ipad tell me off for standing up at a corner

You should have downloaded a steel toecAPP straight to her fanny.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2014, 05:39:16 am »
Look mate - when you're in the ground its about solidarity, its about a oneness, its about we're all in this together - its about setting a fucking tone and leading by example

Thats what we do, that's what fan's( short for fanatical) do.

If people want to boooooo, then fuck off to Drury Lane. But this, THIS IS ANFIELD and as the sign implies, this is something special, this is something different. Today, today we were not special, we were not different, we were not something special - we were as run of the mill as every other shitehawk fanbase that beals me to be likened to, or act like.

Its a fucking disgrace.

I always thought the sign was more functional, as it harked back to a time when footballers were pissed up before a game so it was there to remind them that they were playing at a stadium named Anfield, and they could tell their missus' to meet them there after training or after a game. Nowadays I'm pretty sure opposing players know where Anfield is (hail modern technology) so it's become less relevant?

The liverbird on the sign isn't as, shall we say, necessary anymore imo since we have a life sized, living, breathing, Liverbird nowadays as well.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2014, 05:48:19 am »
I was in Kop 304 and I was completely baffled what the boos were for. Seemed widespread too.

I noticed some lads tried getting the Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool song going but most people didn't join in. If I'm honest, the song was slightly premature ('built a team like Shankly did'). But it did open my eyes to how he's slowly going out of favour.
YNWA.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2014, 05:53:33 am »
Rodgers lied to the fans, that earns you mistrust in any relationship. You can only get out of that malarkey in football by winning.

Expand?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 10, 2014, 05:57:59 am »
I was in Kop 304 and I was completely baffled what the boos were for
really? Thought it was bloody obvious

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: November 10, 2014, 05:59:32 am »
Rodgers lied to the fans, that earns you mistrust in any relationship. You can only get out of that malarkey in football by winning.
did he ever say that those who played well in madrid would play against Chelsea though?

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 10, 2014, 06:21:14 am »
did he ever say that those who played well in madrid would play against Chelsea though?

Surely it's about his statements about selection being based on a meritocracy and then playing a first 11 that isn't working, no?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 10, 2014, 06:37:43 am »
Surely it's about his statements about selection being based on a meritocracy and then playing a first 11 that isn't working, no?
havent seen that, if so its a blatant lie

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #304 on: November 10, 2014, 07:06:33 am »
I was in Kop 304 and I was completely baffled what the boos were for. Seemed widespread too.

I noticed some lads tried getting the Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool song going but most people didn't join in. If I'm honest, the song was slightly premature ('built a team like Shankly did'). But it did open my eyes to how he's slowly going out of favour.

Hm, I always heard it as "build" ... subtle change that makes all the difference?

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2014, 07:09:03 am »
I'm posting this in here because it's such a great synopsis of what's been going wrong - all of which lies at the heart of why some feel - mistakenly in my opinion though I don't condemn it quite so vehemently as some - that they have the right to boo.

Fitness

We can't press and move for long enough in each game. It's been clear throughout the season particularly early on our players like just look stuffed. Even some of our younger fitter players like Sterling and Henderson. It's clear we are struggling to play our pressing game and the movement just isn't there. With the way we set up we need to press high up the pitch, if we don't win the ball high up the pitch we are exposed and that's how just about every goal is scored against us this season set pieces aside. Poor pressing means Gerrard, Lovren and Skrtel are left exposed and it's no wonder they are the most criticised players on here. So without our fitness level's being high enough, our pressing suffers and due to the way we set up both attack and particularly defence suffers.

We managed 15-20mins vs Madrid until we hit a brick wall and start leaving massive spaces, 25-30 mins vs Chelsea. Last season it wasn't until the new year until we were managing 45mins + at high intensity, we also had the luxury of Suarez and Sturridge finising the chances we created. When they didn't the 2nd half of games were normally nail biters.

Last season we were poor early on but had easy fixtures, we then had Suarez back from a ban looking like the best player in the world. Did we just get out of jail and is Brendan's philosophy of wanting us to peak pyhsically late on in the season flawed?

I do believe we'll improve significantly as the season goes on but will we be out of the CL and title race by then? It's starting to look likely, our next 7 games will dictate that IMO. Even top 4 could be at risk if it doesn't start clicking soon.

Mobility up Top

Our pressing was rarely at the level of Barca, Atletico or Dortmund last season but when we did press well we had the advantage of winning the ball high up the pitch, the oppositions defence out of position and two deadly pacey finishers ahead. This season on the rare occasions we're winning the ball in the right positions we're lacking that movement and skill. Our goal against Chelsea came from us pressing well and a slice of luck but until we start pressing well from the front and get Sturridge back in there we'll struggle as Sterling isn't a good enough finisher yet to help carry Balotelli.

The problem stem's from failing to get Sanchez in initially and then Remy after that. Add to that Origi not being available until next season and we were unlucky, Brendan clearly had the right intentions.

The thinking behind the Balotelli signing interests me though. Did Brendan not have any other viable options? Was there no other pacey, mobile striker somewhere between the level of Remy and Sturridge? Did Brendan think Sturridge could stay injury free this season, Origi will be here next season and that Balotelli could be signed to partner either? Or did Brendan think Balotelli is capable of playing the Sturridge/Suarez role as a lone striker as well as being on paper an ideal partner long term for Origi and Sturridge? Either way it's clear the decision was made over the space of a few weeks and wasn't planned for very long.

Goals From Midfield and Defence

It was a problem last season but because of our strike force it was rarely mentioned. Rodger's and a few of the attacking players said to replace Suarez's goals we need more goals from our midfielders, I'm presuming Lallana (signed partly for this reason, 9 goals last season), Sterling (9 last season), Coutinho (5) and Henderson (4) in particular were considered to do this.

31 goals from Suarez, add to that the goals Gerrard (13) got through penalties and free kicks because of Suarez, the extra set pieces he gained us for Skrtel (7) etc to score, the extra goals he created for Sturridge (22) and the own goals (4) he helped create. You could be talking 40 - 50 goals that needed to be replaced. Presuming Balotelli could of accounted for 15 of those that's another 25 + you need from your midfielders and defenders.

Even if we hit our peak level we will struggle to replicate last season without Suarez unless he was replaced by a striker capable of sticking in 20+ and our midfield improving on last season. Balotelli isn't that striker.

Team Selection, Rotation and Tactical Issues

I don't think we've dealt well with the extra games. Rodgers hasn't rotated effectively and the persistence on playing Gerrard so often is strange. With so many different types of midfield options you would think Rodgers would rotate to hurt the opposition. We don't see that he stick's with the same players most games and doesn't seem to make changes to counter specific threats.

Our defence is struggling from set pieces and that's down to organisation and work on the training ground. I've seen signs of improvement over the past few weeks but found it staggering that Rodgers said a few weeks ago that this was a new problem. It wasn't, we've looked poor from set pieces for a long time now. Our defenders are suited to all playing the same system and they struggle to hold a steady line. The biggest problem for me though is how often they are exposed by our poor pressing.

In theory the Balotelli signing aside Rodgers adressed all the issues with his signings. We needed to improve at full back each side with two young talents suited to the system, we did that. We needed a powerful, pyhsical midfielder we addressed that with Can. We needed a partner for Sakho who's quick, comfortable on the ball and who can provide much needed organisation with Lovren I feel we did that but for what ever reason he hasn't played him. Lallana brought in to add goals, Lambert for a plan B, Markovic because of potential and squad depth. I really don't see a problem with the players signed just how they've been used.

We will improve as the season goes on and our final position will likely depend on how Baloteli and Sturridge click and how long we can keep Sturridge fit for. Past that Brendan need's to make big calls and start dropping players like Gerrard, Johnson and Skrtel and start using the players who can be most effective against the opposition due to their attributes and fitness at the time. To reach the levels of last season we'd need to sign a Sanchez level player and thats unlikely in Janaury though so I'm not sure we should expect that from Rodgers currently.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2014, 07:49:00 am »

Fuck me, where have you been Macca?

Stick around bollocks.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2014, 09:37:57 am »
I've only booed once, and that was at Wembley at Souness after he thought it a good idea to be on the front page of the Scum with his tongue down his tart's throat on the anniversary of Hillsborough.

But I can understand why supporters do it.  Its an expression of frustration and  helplessness and rage and pain.  How else to make your feelings known?  Send the club a letter (which will go in the bin marked "looney" if anybody can be arsed to read it,)  or an email which will be deleted after a brief glance. 

And we are now told we should get behind the team to give them a boost in confidence and make them feel wanted and loved.  These will be the same fellas who speed like bats out of hell after training at Melwood past kids who've been waiting for ages for autographs or a photo.  How about stopping your poxy ferrari for a minute or two out of your gilded life and making them feel wanted and loved for a change eh?  Or is that too much to ask?

Ah.  Fuck it.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2014, 09:41:17 am »
really? Thought it was bloody obvious

Mainly because I assumed it was an error lol.
YNWA.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2014, 10:00:17 am »
Fucking ashamed to be at Anfield on Saturday.

Couple of people around me block 103 were calling Rodgers a "useless c*nt" and other variations around those substitutions.

The booing, is nothing new. Drew 0-0 in 2008/2009 to go top of the league and there were boos.

Football fans in general are wankers, wankers who think its easy and they know better.

He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2014, 10:45:52 am »
Expand?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9552558/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-says-he-did-not-field-a-reserve-team-in-Madrid

"I know there has been a bit of criticism for the selection but I think it is a disservice to the team that played," he said on Thursday.

"The idea was to make sure we stayed in the game for 60-65 minutes and then open up the game with the quality of Steven Gerrard’s passing, Raheem Sterling's speed, and Phil Coutinho's creativity, but we couldn't get a goal.

"I don't look so much into it because any criticism that comes is part of what you take as a manager, but I didn't think it was fair to call Kolo Toure, Lucas Leiva or Adam Lallana a reserve player.

"Those boys put in a great performance and they deserved more praise, as opposed to the criticism which came.

"It doesn't affect me any way as I don't listen to it, good or bad. I don't have to justify it, the players justified it the other night.

“I think for all of them it was a great opportunity and that is what I look to do here, try and pick the team that can win the game

“Kolo (Toure), for example, was outstanding on the night, and it is a great mark of his professionalism that he could come in and play as well as he did on the evening.

“He has played in a number of the cup competitions and done very well.”

Rodgers also pointed out that the media and fans are not necessarily aware of all the factors he has to take into account when picking his side.

"Managers up and down the country are dealing in the reality of being a manager,” he said.

“It is not fantasy football, it is not on sentiment or on a computer. When we are picking teams we are dealing with the reality of players and their physical condition and tactics going into the game.

"It was probably hard for you guys. You are probably not privy to some of the information that I have in relation to the team"

“You probably would not have known that Steven (Gerrard) had a scan on his hamstring on the Monday before we travelled out.

“But it was always in the plan (for Gerrard to be rested), with where he was at in terms of his games.

“But those players who did play certainly did not do themselves any harm. I thought they performed very, very well against a top class side.”

----------------------------------------

His comments before the Chelsea allude to the fact that he chose the line up in Madrid due to fitness, form and mentality of certain players. He mentioned he had a defined game plan and selected those players based on the fact the were the best 11 players in our squad to deal with the game. I loved his comments about it not being a computer game as it suggested that you don't just choose your 'best 11 on paper' because there are other factors to think about and that's not how you win matches. It seemed like a savvy, educated tactical decision to play that team on Tuesday.

Having said that though, he then went against everything he said and went back to the players that he had left out for Madrid and the likes of Lucas, Lallana & Kolo, who he had said was outstanding on Tuesday, were relegated to the bench. So it wasn't the savvy, educated tactical decision to leave out those players on Tuesday after all. It was just to give them a rest. Maybe the likes of Lucas, Kolo & Lallana are reserve players as the media suggested?

The message that he gave out about considering form and mentality evaporated instantly the moment he left Kolo, Lucas & Lallana on the bench. That's all the conversation was about on the concourse at the ground. As someone who went to Madrid and come back and defended his decision to play that team on Tuesday, because of the reason that he stated, it was a bit of a kick in the balls to see that line up and know that what he had told us was in fact a load of bollocks.

He's a very good speaker and he is incredibly articulate when speaking to the media, but we're not dickheads. If he try's to pull the wool over our eyes and tries to talk himself out of poor managerial decisions and lies, then he may find it backfires, as demonstrated on Saturday.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2014, 11:08:08 am »
You know.  I could rip the fuck out of Rogers statement but I'm currently warned and  doubtless it would merit a ban, and I don't want that.  So  I'll content myself with accepting that as a simple supporter I don't know what's going on and must dumbly accept what I'm told as I'm not in possession of the "real facts" which wiser and more knowledgable heads are privy to.  Fair comment.  But I do know when someone's pissing down my back and telling me its raining.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #312 on: November 10, 2014, 11:53:57 am »
So this is what has replaced the like of myself in the mist of spiralling prices.....

Been on the cards for years if the club want to compete with the big corporate teams in the commercial/financial stage then you must accept the followers that it brings with it.

Can't have it both ways unfortunately

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2014, 11:58:25 am »
Didn't agree with the substitutions....and must admit I may have gone.."hmmm.." ....but the booing shocked me and it wasn't the  'minority'....I also had the audacity too applaud Mario as he went off...and much to my surprise was challenged on this from a bloke  in front of me.." why the fuck is he getting applauded, he's fucking shite!!?" ..."well.." I replied politely" he worked his socks off with shite service...and if you look very very carefully...you'll see he is wearing.....a Liverpool shirt!!"

Everyone is entitled to moan and grumble in the pub afterwards....you'd be fucking weird not too after results this season....but in the ground we are there together despite how pissed off you may feel.

Btw from a historic point of view I recall Bob Paisley being booed for subbing Craig Johnston for " playing too well for rest of the team"....quite shocking at the time too...a subject of much discussion....mainly because of novelty value!!

I remember being at the game where Bob got a bit of grief for taking Johnston off. He wasn't too complimentary about the fans afterwards either.

In Bobs homespun way he nailed it really when he said Craig was playing 'too well for the rest of the team'. The rest of the team had played midweek in a European tie (I think) and come Saturday Craig was the only change - no wholesale rotation in those days.

Anyhow, Craig was Craig. He was here, he was there, he was all industry and effort. Trouble was the other 10 lads couldn't keep up. They wanted a simple ball to feet not running after Craigs through balls into space or down the channels. They were knackered!

Bob saw all this and decided to sub him before he did some damage. On the Kop, we couldn't understand it. We'd always warmed to Craig and always thought he got a raw deal and here was another example of it. So the Kop booed like I'd never heard it before.

Mind you as ever, Bob was right and us highly knowledgeable fans (!?) were wrong.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2014, 12:00:30 pm »
So this is what has replaced the like of myself in the mist of spiralling prices.....

Been on the cards for years if the club want to compete with the big corporate teams in the commercial/financial stage then you must accept the followers that it brings with it.

Can't have it both ways unfortunately

Don't tar everyone with the same brush mate. Yes there are a lot of whoppers at the game but there were many on Saturday who joined in who have been going for years. You are also forgetting the fact that the crowd booed back in the day when you were going so perhaps its unfair to just pin it down to 'newcomers who can afford it'.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:07:23 pm by Always_A_Red »

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #315 on: November 10, 2014, 12:11:55 pm »
Don't tar everyone with the same brush mate. Yes there are a lot of whoppers at the game mate but there were many on Saturday who joined in who have been going for years. You are also forgetting the fact that the crowd booed back in the day when you were going so perhaps its unfair to just pin it down to 'newcomers who can afford it'.
I don't just pin it "only" on newcomers. I went the games before I had kids after that it was unjustifiable to spend the amount being asked, but the club market themselves at the family or the corporate who go out for a day and spend a Bob or two in the shop who are mostly born of the sky generation.

When the club prefer the masses then Imo you more likely to get people of the norm of the likes of city,mufc,Chelsea, etc.

That's not to say there ain't good fans with a few quid who have been going for 5years. I never said that
I'm only 35 myself I was brought up by my dad and older brother following Liverpool football club in a way that they knew. I would never dream of booing the team nor would they going back as far as the 60s when my dad watched most of his games or whenever back in the day is.
I'm sure it has happened on isolated occasions but that's not to say we should accept it and move on because it will become commonplace and that will be sadder times at anfield than Rodgers substitutions at the weekend

Its my opinion and I take it that you didn't boo at the weekend.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 10, 2014, 12:18:51 pm »
I don't just pin it "only" on newcomers. I went the games before I had kids after that it was unjustifiable to spend the amount being asked, but the club market themselves at the family or the corporate who go out for a day and spend a Bob or two in the shop who are mostly born of the sky generation.

When the club prefer the masses then Imo you more likely to get people of the norm of the likes of city,mufc,Chelsea, etc.

That's not to say there ain't good fans with a few quid who have been going for 5years. I never said that
I'm only 35 myself I was brought up by my dad and older brother following Liverpool football club in a way that they knew. I would never dream of booing the team nor would they going back as far as the 60s when my dad watched most of his games or whenever back in the day is.
I'm sure it has happened on isolated occasions but that's not to say we should accept it and move on because it will become commonplace and that will be sadder times at anfield than Rodgers substitutions at the weekend

society and people's attitudes have changed since the 70s and 80s this is just a reflection of it, nowt to do with scouse or wool, rich or poor etc

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 10, 2014, 12:22:37 pm »

Yeah I get what you're saying and I agree completely. Just didn't know if you were saying it was because of these people that the booing happened on Saturday which it clearly wasn't. There is an argument that it could be a factor but as many have confirmed, it was mainly the KOP where the majority will be regulars. Not condoning it at all and to answer your question, no I didn't boo and never would, but I think the problem runs a little deeper than people think. 

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #318 on: November 10, 2014, 01:32:45 pm »
Imagine. Someone has spent their hard earned money, gets served absolute shite, and expresses his displeasure.

Yeah, if you think going to the match is like going out for a meal then that would be spot on.  It would also indicate that you simply don't get it.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #319 on: November 10, 2014, 01:37:57 pm »

whooo Matron!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode