Author Topic: The Attack  (Read 397698 times)

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Attack
« Reply #1280 on: December 11, 2014, 08:17:10 pm »
Serious question, would you take Torres back in January? He's apparently available on a free.. Only scored once for Milan, still only 30..

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: December 11, 2014, 08:17:59 pm »
Serious question, would you take Torres back in January? He's apparently available on a free.. Only scored once for Milan, still only 30..

No, he's shite and on huge wages
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1282 on: December 11, 2014, 08:18:25 pm »

Can't be any worse than what we have right now. Depends on who is available and what we're paying him.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1283 on: December 11, 2014, 08:24:34 pm »
Can't be any worse than what we have right now. Depends on who is available and what we're paying him.

We should have learnt by now that we shouldn't be going for strikers Milan are desperately trying to ship out
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1284 on: December 11, 2014, 08:25:59 pm »
We should have learnt by now that we shouldn't be going for strikers Milan are desperately trying to ship out

Not saying he would be our first choice, but right now we're operating with 1 striker.

Offline KaiNo7

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1285 on: December 12, 2014, 12:20:47 am »
Skrtel looked more of a threat than any of our strikers recently, start him up front with sterling just behind him.its not as ludicrous as it sounds :)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: December 12, 2014, 12:24:35 am »

He's shite and passed it. People really need to move on.

"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1287 on: December 12, 2014, 12:34:39 am »
Who knows, how his form would be in Liverpool. Maybe its something about Liverpool that makes him perform. If Johnson leaves in January then i would take him to balance out the wages, maybe on a year long contract. Cant be any worse than our current forwards.
Seen us win everything

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: December 12, 2014, 12:37:12 am »

Good god no.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1289 on: December 12, 2014, 12:38:20 am »
This.

For modest wages, I don't see why not. Anything above 50K and no thank you.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: December 12, 2014, 12:38:36 am »
Who knows, how his form would be in Liverpool. Maybe its something about Liverpool that makes him perform. If Johnson leaves in January then i would take him to balance out the wages, maybe on a year long contract. Cant be any worse than our current forwards.

He's on over £200k per week right now, over the course of a year that's over £10 million.

Rather we invested in a player like Lacazette who is fast and would fit our system and knows where the net is

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1291 on: December 12, 2014, 12:40:37 am »
He's on over £200k per week right now, over the course of a year that's over £10 million.

Rather we invested in a player like Lacazette who is fast and would fit our system and knows where the net is
You don't think he'd take a pay cut to play for Liverpool again?
Seen us win everything

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: December 12, 2014, 12:47:46 am »
You don't think he'd take a pay cut to play for Liverpool again?

No, and if you take the romance out of it and watch his performances in the last few years you'll see he's nowhere near good enough. There's better options out there

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1293 on: December 12, 2014, 12:50:21 am »
No, and if you take the romance out of it and watch his performances in the last few years you'll see he's nowhere near good enough. There's better options out there
No its obvious his form has been tragic, and there are definitely better options out there but we can't seem to get them in. When we have them close we reject them do to a preventative heart condition. We went in for 4 attackers that have been stellar this year and got none. Ill be bitter about the Loic Remy fiasco for years.
Seen us win everything

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #1294 on: December 12, 2014, 01:41:16 am »
Skrtel looked more of a threat than any of our strikers recently, start him up front with sterling just behind him.its not as ludicrous as it sounds :)

Yes it fucking is

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #1295 on: December 12, 2014, 01:42:39 am »

No.

Please can we all now learn a simple thing. Get a good striker in. That is very important. Fucking please.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1296 on: December 12, 2014, 01:44:23 am »
Fucking hell. I know times are desperate but Torres?

What an utter car crash that would be. He isn't the player we once knew, and I don't think he exists anymore either. The level he is at, and has been at for a long while now, is no better than if we played one of the kids up there.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #1297 on: December 12, 2014, 01:45:03 am »
This.

For modest wages, I don't see why not. Anything above 50K and no thank you.

Yes great. Let's add another shit striker to the squad. Great. Let's all live in the romance and fantasy world where the misfits play well again for us.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: December 12, 2014, 01:45:48 am »
Just hand Lyon a cheque book for Lacazette.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1299 on: December 12, 2014, 01:51:12 am »
Wonder if Owen and Heskey wanna come back?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: December 12, 2014, 01:58:45 am »
Yes great. Let's add another shit striker to the squad. Great. Let's all live in the romance and fantasy world where the misfits play well again for us.

I don't think many would accuse me of living in romance and/or fantasy world. Quite a compliment, thanks.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1301 on: December 12, 2014, 02:23:19 am »
This, a hundred times over. Im going to be banging on this drum till the last minute of the window, after which I will lose hope. He is the player we need for our system. He has everything.

And Fernando Torres? Good lord no. The moment he left this club, he lost his career.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: December 12, 2014, 03:51:52 am »

Please. We'll throw in a couple of Italians if they're interested.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1303 on: December 12, 2014, 04:10:22 am »
Wonder if Owen and Heskey wanna come back?
Or God. Third time's the charm...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1304 on: December 12, 2014, 04:20:18 am »
Does anyone know if we have any true interest in bringing in Lacazette in the January window? He would be quality in our side.
Seen us win everything

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: December 12, 2014, 04:29:18 am »
Does anyone know if we have any true interest in bringing in Lacazette in the January window? He would be quality in our side.

Well, it's been touted on Rawk so you can expect it to be in the metro pretty soon
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: December 12, 2014, 04:45:48 am »
Volland, Firmino or Lacazette please. The first two aren't out and out forwards but are genuine goal threats and fantastic players available at comparatively moderate prices and wages. As for Fernando Torres, I'd rather play Skrtel as a forward and I'm not even exaggerating. Torres belongs to the championship or some team like Elche or Eibar at his current level.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: December 12, 2014, 04:49:15 am »
Torres?
Hell yeah, he is slow, injury prone and can't score. Exactly what we need to compliment our existing slow goalshy strikeforce.
Plus he is still a Chelsea player, so they would absolutely love to loan us possibly the only player on their books that wouldn't improve us.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: December 12, 2014, 05:08:18 am »

he used to play as a CF in his football beginnings..

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #1309 on: December 12, 2014, 05:09:02 am »
Your last sentence says it all, and Voronin proves you onlyget what you pay for.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: December 12, 2014, 06:57:42 am »
We need a quick, intelligent finisher. Torres is a work horse now, lost his pace and doesn't score many goals. It will take something special for him to reach his old heights again and I'd not stake much on it.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1311 on: December 12, 2014, 10:13:25 am »
The last time I saw Torres on T.V., he looked strong, fit and not in the least "slow".

He wasn't exactly awesome, and he's still "out of sorts" (his timing isn't good).

But he hasn't really lost his pace.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1312 on: December 12, 2014, 10:16:03 am »

Regrettably, yes.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: December 12, 2014, 10:20:34 am »
The last time I saw Torres on T.V., he looked strong, fit and not in the least "slow".

He wasn't exactly awesome, and he's still "out of sorts" (his timing isn't good).

But he hasn't really lost his pace

He's strong for sure but that burst of speed that gets you away from defenders is missing when I've seen him. He seems to me to have tried to compensate with brawn.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: December 12, 2014, 10:50:58 am »

Sources in France (think it was L'Equipe) did link us with him, before we signed Balotelli.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: December 12, 2014, 10:55:56 am »
Sources in France (think it was L'Equipe) did link us with him, before we signed Balotelli.
Far more likely to pay whatever it takes to get Origi IMO to return from his loan

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: December 12, 2014, 11:00:36 am »
torres,,facking hell..its christmas not aprils fools
bollocks

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1317 on: December 12, 2014, 11:01:53 am »
Id take Torres over any of our available strikers we have at the minute, sad state of affairs but i think that he could still do a job for us.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: December 12, 2014, 11:08:30 am »
A striker like doumbia or lacazette would make a huge difference. Pace and aggression are what the attach needs.

Torres would be disastrous - we already hv strikers who don't score!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 11:11:07 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: December 12, 2014, 11:17:25 am »

A pay as you play deal, highly incentivised. Yep. But he'll have other clubs who will offer him a proper contract anyway, so it's moot.

Would rather try Skrtel out at centre forward first.

Beyond that...it's just sad. If this were a soap this would be the part where all the girls bawl their eyes out. Better to just leave his memories in our shirt unsullied.