Author Topic: Negativity on RAWK  (Read 33755 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Negativity on RAWK
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 06:36:23 pm »
It's horrible on here at the moment.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 06:37:00 pm »
I agree with the general jist but people should be free to express their feelings and if they are a bit disappointed then let them freely post in said threads.
Sure. But some of the shite posted today is a mile away from measured criticism.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 06:37:05 pm »
Didn't Carragher come out on Sky and say the performance was awful? Did Gerrard not come out and say we were poor and should really have lost?

Both those nutters were banned years ago.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 06:38:24 pm »
See I just think this is a bit naive.

If you're in a group of people in the pub and someone is sitting there droning on, and on, and on, moaning, negative rubbish it's impossible to 'just ignore'. You hear it because he's said it, and he won't change his opinion even if you present him with logical argument and reasoned debate. Does it matter that he won't change his opinion? No, everyone is entitled to their own. What matters is he is not remotely OPEN to changing his opinion and doesn't give two sh*ts what you say. Paul Merson said X, Adrian Chiles said Y, my opinion is Z and I won't change it for love nor money. Then debate becomes futile.

You can't ignore it either, it's there prodding your brain. Once you've read it, you've read it. I'm willing to bet if you were having a chat with a mate about a game and someone was sat next to you going on and on about how cr*p we were it would annoy you, particularly if the same guy was doing it in the same way, saying the same thing, every week.
Then stop trying to impose views on people when the performance today was clearly sub-par, admitted by our own mananger and the defence was a shambles. People have an unquialified right to air such greivances and to DISCUSS with others who think otherwise; hence the title 'discussion thread'.

I agree with you in that people being single minded is frustrating and is a reason I stick to the General Sport and Ticket and Travel sections, however people should be free to air their opinions.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2014, 06:39:10 pm »
Both those nutters were banned years ago.

;D
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2014, 06:39:11 pm »
I can understand people saying we were poor (and I'm one of the happy clappy ones nomally) but to read some posts today saying there was nothing to be pleased about was mind boggling.

When playing badly it's vital to scrape some wins together. The table looks ok tonight, we have problems but so do most teams.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2014, 06:39:30 pm »
But nobody is allowed to express those concerns because that would come under the category of a 'negative post'?
Nobody has said, ever that negative posts are not allowed. It's so far from being the case, honestly. Just be constructive in your criticism. Anyway that's not what this topic is about, we're talking about people who glean no joy from a victory.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2014, 06:39:34 pm »
Sure. But some of the shite posted today is a mile away from measured criticism.
Yes mate I agree, however the half-time/full-time threads have never been a great exponent of footballing opinion!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2014, 06:40:05 pm »
Didn't Carragher come out on Sky and say the performance was awful? Did Gerrard not come out and say we were poor and should really have lost?

It's not saying we played poorly that's the problem. It's the complete and utter over relation.

I saw one guy say he wouldn't wish an injury on Rooney but hopes Balotelli gets one. And saw another say he's annoyed we got the win because Rodgers needs to be fucked off.

And I stopped reading after about 2 pages of that post match thread.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 06:40:14 pm »
Tell all the negative sites to watch Sky Sports 2 right now
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2014, 06:40:31 pm »
People are going to be emotional.. Going from possibly the best team I've seen in my lifetime last season to up there with the worst in the space of less than 3 months... Just like the team seem to be still recovering from the worst hangover possible, seems the fan base is as well.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 06:40:31 pm »
I do think everyone could take a chill to be honest. We have Emre Can's beautiful good looks. That's always a positive thing to come from each weekend. :P

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2014, 06:40:42 pm »
Then stop trying to impose views on people
He isn't, at all and it's very off for you to say that he is.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2014, 06:40:53 pm »
Tell all the negative sites to watch Sky Sports 2 right now
The Bengals are tied with the Colts.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2014, 06:41:19 pm »
But nobody is allowed to express those concerns because that would come under the category of a 'negative post'?

I just posted the following in the post match thread but it's relevant here so I'll repost...

What's the problem exactly? We were bad today. To admit that doesn't mean you're not delighted with the three points!

Wouldn't it be nice if on a day when Jamie Carragher said Liverpool were awful, when Steven Gerrard said he'd have had no complaints if we'd have come away with nothing, when Brendan Rodgers said QPR didn't deserve to lose and when anyone with half a brain knows we were lucky to win today, people could speak their minds on a fan forum without being told off for it? It's genuinely laughable, it's like the 'overly positive police' are out clamping down on posts that aren't positive enough.

I'm not going to sit on this thread all night and try to explain myself, I think personally I've been clear enough.

There's a difference between debate and persistent negativity though. It's not about 'the thought police', it's about people being unable to take any joy from a Liverpool win regardless of the inadequacies of the performance. Of course we were rubbish. My opening post said we played badly, I'm not hiding from this at all, or pretending that we were any better than we were. But we won, so in my humble opinion, some of the unadulterated fury and anger should be tempered by the tiniest bit of joy :)

Then stop trying to impose views on people when the performance today was clearly sub-par, admitted by our own mananger and the defence was a shambles. People have an unquialified right to air such greivances and to DISCUSS with others who think otherwise; hence the title 'discussion thread'.

I'm not imposing my views on anyone. I said in my OP we were cr*p. And that our manager said so. And our captain. I'm pretty sure no one, on a private internet forum, has an 'unqualified right' to do anything :lmao This isn't the UN.

My point was that much of it isn't discussion, it's embarrassing bile spouted about players and managers. Discussion should be encouraged, but is in fact being stifled because some people don't discuss, they shout and then either walk out or ignore any post put to them. That's not discussion.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:45:37 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2014, 06:42:04 pm »
I saw one guy say he wouldn't wish an injury on Rooney but hopes Balotelli gets one. And saw another say he's annoyed we got the win because Rodgers needs to be fucked off.

I certainly disagree the posts like that, but are they not extremely few and far between?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2014, 06:42:34 pm »
The Bengals are tied with the Colts.

Sorry I meant Sky Sports 1  :D

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2014, 06:43:06 pm »
I'm glad you can air such feelings Latenight Surfer.

Our defence is laughable and people should be able to air such opinions without being reprimanded.

To be honest if after a game like that all you can talk about is how bad our defense was then the word "entertainment" isn't for you.

Okay you want to air your views but can't you just let the "party of joy" end?

It's like going to your friend's birthday party and announcing to every one that the beer sucks and the food is stale. Just wait for the party to be over first and you can always tell him in the morning when things cool down.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2014, 06:43:27 pm »
He isn't, at all and it's very off for you to say that he is.
I was actually going to go back and edit my post before I rightly got pulled up on that...apologies.

I don't want to argue but in my opinion people should be able to air their opinion and there should be no obligation that just because we won that we should be all signing all dancing...

I do understand you lot have to moderate the stuff and therefore are obviously more frustrated than me at it!

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2014, 06:43:35 pm »
Anyone who says we were anything other than awful today must have been on crystal meth .....we have been average in all games bar spurs away .....but we are joint fourth .....thank god the league is shite is what I say !  :wave

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2014, 06:43:38 pm »
People saying we were poor are are just stating an accurate reflection of what went on today. You can be happy (relieved) with a result, but still not be happy with the performance. It's the bigger picture that counts, I mean, how often are we going to get away with that? And why is it a common theme this season that we concede late goals, and we concede set pieces?

Hell even our captain and our manager said we were not good enough. So I don't really see the problem here. One or two over the top posts doesn't render all of RAWK "negative".

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2014, 06:45:30 pm »
People saying we were poor are are just stating an accurate reflection of what went on today. You can be happy (relieved) with a result, but still not be happy with the performance. It's the bigger picture that counts, I mean, how often are we going to get away with that? And why is it a common theme this season that we concede late goals, and we concede set pieces?

Hell even our captain and our manager said we were not good enough. So I don't really see the problem here. One or two over the top posts doesn't render all of RAWK "negative".

This. Spot on, Melbred.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2014, 06:46:13 pm »
I don't want to argue but in my opinion people should be able to air their opinion and there should be no obligation that just because we won that we should be all signing all dancing...
People can air their opinions, and there is no obligation that just because we won that we should be all singing all dancing.

Nobody's said anything of the sort in fact.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2014, 06:47:22 pm »

It's not 'all of RAWK', it's a decent number of posters and they ruin threads and stifle debate. Certainly more than 'one or two' posts at that, and the number of people fed up with it suggests to me that I'm not the only one who thinks so. If good posters, who write articles on tactics or the club's history, or have been part of the site for years, are leaving because they are fed up with it all then, personally, I think it's a problem.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »
I feel like a room without a roof
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:31 pm »

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:32 pm »

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »

Did you use the word "shit" or anything on those lines while expressing your views? If you didn't then people like you are not the problem mate, people who just come here to type one word or rant without reason and leave are the problem.

Offline slidez

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2014, 06:59:13 pm »
The main reaction to today's win should be happiness.

Why?

I guess it depends if youre happy to scrape a win from the worst team in the league or expect a bit more.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2014, 06:59:47 pm »

Why?
Because we won.

Fucking hell. What a question

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2014, 07:00:13 pm »

Why?

I guess it depends if youre happy to scrape a win from the worst team in the league or expect a bit more.

:lmao read your post back to yourself and you might find out the answer
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2014, 07:00:16 pm »
you can be a negative tit, but with respect and a bit of common sense... acting like a 15yr old kid and shouting names at our manager is wrong
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2014, 07:00:47 pm »
Because we won.

Fucking hell. What a question

I  honestly don't get why people aren't happy - can't beat a last minute goal to win a game

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2014, 07:02:36 pm »

Why?

Sums it up for me.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2014, 07:04:25 pm »
The name too.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2014, 07:05:19 pm »
I  honestly don't get why people aren't happy - can't beat a last minute goal to win a game

because we're playing R.Madrid next, and the game agaisnt QPR didn't fill us with confidence
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2014, 07:06:04 pm »
I think part of the problem is that some people seem to think like we are all somehow responsible for correcting the flaws in the team, and that if we ignore them then we'll keep on playing badly. It's almost like, we're not really allowed to just be happy at a win, because there are still major problems with the team. But that's the job of the manager and the players, if they were thinking 'it doesn't matter, we won' then we'd have a problem because they's be ignoring the things that need fixing - but we should be allowed to think that, because it's not our job to improve the teams' performance.

Of course people will want to analyse and criticise various things and that's fair enough, but there's a danger of sucking all the joy out of the game if you're only happy with a perfect performance where everybody plays really well and we win easily while keeping a clean sheet. Just lighten up a bit, it's not your job to sort it all out!

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2014, 07:08:16 pm »
3 points are like sex, even when it's bad, it's good.

No time for caution.

Offline slidez

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2014, 07:08:28 pm »
:lmao read your post back to yourself and you might find out the answer

I did, and youre still wrong.

I dont consider scraping a win to be the cause of delight. 

Am I glad it was 3 points?  Definitely, but that doesnt mean everyone should just pretend everything is fine.  If it had ended 2-2, would you still be happy?

Everyone condemns hodgson when his team scraped a dismal 4-0 vs san marino, yet if liverpool scrape a 3-2 vs qpr the reaction should be jubilation?  I expect more.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2014, 07:09:15 pm »
In general, the OPs right of course. Positivity is better than negativity.

BUT, today was a strange one. Stevie Gerrard was pretty negative after the match.

Or honest, depends how you view it.

If it crosses the line, report to mod.

But if it's just an opinion, ignore it...or if you can't ignore it, argue why you disagree. But don't constantly tell others how to react or think (he said, telling others how to react or think).