Author Topic: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Full Time  (Read 69573 times)

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Full Time
« Reply #1080 on: October 19, 2014, 06:27:21 pm »
I honestly don't know why so many people are jumping on the "we were awful again" bandwagon.

What's the problem exactly? We were pretty awful. To admit that doesn't mean you're not delighted with the three points!

Wouldn't it be nice if on a day when Jamie Carragher said Liverpool were awful, when Steven Gerrard said he'd have had no complaints if we'd have come away with nothing, when Brendan Rodgers said QPR didn't deserve to lose and when anyone with half a brain knows we were lucky to win today, people could speak their minds on a fan forum without being told off for it? It's genuinely laughable, it's like the 'overly positive police' are out clamping down on posts that aren't positive enough.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: October 19, 2014, 06:27:27 pm »
Positives - the result, The Brazilian, The tired kid and Mario in the right place twice

Negatives, pretty much everything else.

Be honest we was shit
Its a dogs life for me

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: October 19, 2014, 06:27:36 pm »
But he was still probably our best defender today.

Which says enough in itself. :P

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #1083 on: October 19, 2014, 06:28:34 pm »
Well part one of the cunning plan is executed. Make QPR look like Real Madrid. Now we need to finish that off by making Real Madrid look like QPR.

Yes we were shocking. But Coutinho looks like he is back and Sterling is a phenomenal young player. Mignolet also deserves some praise for the fact we didn't go in at half time a couple down.
Also, people need to take a step back with regards to Mario, there are people on this thread wishing injury on him FFS. He is utterly shot of confidence and is struggling mightily to play the way we want him to play, but he was there for the tap in in the 95th minute, or whatever it was, and if he wasn't then that own goal is a lot less likely to happen. That isn't a guy who doesn't give a fuck, as RAWK seems to have decided.
Worst thing we could do is drop him for 2 months (another RAWK suggestion), the guy bundles in something against Madrid and we may see a different guy, and taking off the post match angry glasses, neither of our other strikers have done better and at least Mario has Champions League experience.

Great post. The point about Mignolet is especially important; he pulled off 3 world class saves today, saving us from potential embarrassment. He's flapping because he has absolutely no faith in his defenders in front of him. Skrtel is prone to brain farts in equal measure to moments of genius, Lovren is just, well, actually I'll stop there because I don't want to seem unkind.

I'm also stuck on Mario. He just doesn't look right at the moment. Is it confidence? Is it fitness? Is he a square peg in a round hole? I fear we won't see the best of him, or indeed anyone will ever see the best of him. The fire looks extinguished.

If there is one positive to take from this game, it's that we never gave up. More of that would be nice. Madrid next.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1084 on: October 19, 2014, 06:28:53 pm »
Well that was fun.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: October 19, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »
That assault on Sandro, on the line, when QPR had their tails up, was pretty important.

That was fantastic.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1086 on: October 19, 2014, 06:32:44 pm »
Well, if we can be as mediocre/poor as we have been this season (spurs game excepted) and still be 5th then I'm genuinely excited for the rest of the season
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: October 19, 2014, 06:32:58 pm »
What's the problem exactly? We were pretty awful. To admit that doesn't mean you're not delighted with the three points!

Wouldn't it be nice if on a day when Jamie Carragher said Liverpool were awful, when Steven Gerrard said he'd have had no complaints if we'd have come away with nothing, when Brendan Rodgers said QPR didn't deserve to lose and when anyone with half a brain knows we were lucky to win today, people could speak their minds on a fan forum without being told off for it? It's genuinely laughable, it's like the 'overly positive police' are out clamping down on posts that aren't positive enough.

But posters coming in here calling for the managers head to me is a banning offence

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: October 19, 2014, 06:33:16 pm »

If there is one positive to take from this game, it's that we never gave up. More of that would be nice. Madrid next.

Can't be said enough. It's why Brendan praised it. In the past, when QPR equalised that would have been it and we would have had no answer. But we had the composure to go and grab a winner twice straight away. A perfectly waited pass from Coutinho. A well judged run and then pass from Sterling. If your head is in panic stations, they don't happen. We may well have played like turd, but we still had the composure to execute under pressure.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1089 on: October 19, 2014, 06:34:19 pm »
massive 3 points considering how poor we have been this season

our defence needs to get sorted asap

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1090 on: October 19, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »
Personally, I think it's arrogant and supercilious to tell other people what they should expect and how they should feel. Call me old-fashioned.

There's a giant chasm between "playing well" and our performance today. Glad we won and got the three points. That doesn't mean that it's "arrogant" of me to think that the performance was terrible, or that I expected the team to be able to execute a solid, respectable 4231 formation after an international break.

Did it look to you as if we had practiced that formation with that personnel at all in the first half?

GrkStv,

I think this was directed at BostonScouse....  and if you followed his posts you would see the arrogance, negativity and how he binds his posts to legitimate poster's criticisms...   

Solo is pretty harmless and in fact calls out some pretty shitty posters who defecate all over players at the drop of the hat.  His comments are probably not aimed in your direction.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1091 on: October 19, 2014, 06:35:07 pm »
Sorry to hear, hope you'll be fine
Might have to make the tea.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1092 on: October 19, 2014, 06:36:40 pm »
Was I the only one who enjoyed that?

The ending was brill.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1093 on: October 19, 2014, 06:37:42 pm »
I howled with laughter at that point!

I did the 7-Up Deep Laugh that woke up my dog and made her fart loudly.....

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1094 on: October 19, 2014, 06:38:15 pm »
There are NO positives from that match. None.

In truth they should have won.

Umm we won?
We got 3 points?

We have drawn or lost countless games that we should have won. Fuck 'em, we won.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1095 on: October 19, 2014, 06:41:14 pm »
Coutinho has to start against Madrid.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: October 19, 2014, 06:42:03 pm »
Was I the only one who enjoyed that?
Nope. Still laughing when I think of the match.

Too much is being made of our performance. We were shite, but I don't think we were much worse than recently, but managed to play a higher tempo and persist to get an ugly win. That's a plus. Also think QPR aren't as bad as people think they are, but at the same time showed exactly why they are in the position they're in.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: October 19, 2014, 06:42:26 pm »
I saw a fella in our end with a half-and-half with QPR and Sunderland on it. A bunch of bad performances and everyone sells on their ticket. I genuinely belief the negativity some of our (mainly older) fans bring impacts our players. Average-to-poor atmosphere but I guess small allocation causes that.

The QPR fan with the sombrero and horns pissed me off no end.

Loved when Raheem got badly tackled, no foul given and you could see the anger in his face. His game almost instantly lifted and you could see a determination to fuck shit up. Great from him.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:45:26 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline gorwar61

• Main Stander
  • "Facta Non Verba"
« Reply #1098 on: October 19, 2014, 06:44:41 pm »
Yes it was a poor display, but lets face its about time we won games when playing poor.

Yes I am concerned, but I bet we see a different display on Wednesday.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1099 on: October 19, 2014, 06:46:11 pm »
Yes it was a poor display, but lets face its about time we won games when playing poor.

Yes I am concerned, but I bet we see a different display on Wednesday.
It was poor in some ways, but in other ways we were better.

Certainly created more chances than in recent games ...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1100 on: October 19, 2014, 06:47:03 pm »
Coutinho has to start against Madrid.
Its probably why he was rested
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1101 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:07 pm »
"Well done" is a praise for a job well executed. When one wins the lottery, one doesn't expect people to go "well done, lad!".

What did most of the players and BR "do well" to deserve praise and congratulations?
They won the fucking game...FFS!!!!
By all means be annoyed about the performance but I wouldn't care if we played like that in every game for the rest of the season but still came away with the win in every one of them. Results first - performance second...
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #1102 on: October 19, 2014, 06:50:19 pm »
With all our strikers being ineffective or injured, I'll be tempted to see Raheem play in the striker's role wth Coutinho and Lallana moving around him. 
With his game intelligence and courage I'm sure he can get us some goals/assists.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1103 on: October 19, 2014, 06:50:47 pm »
All you moaning minnies - put on Sky Sports 1 and smile
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline slidez

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1104 on: October 19, 2014, 06:53:02 pm »
I cant help but laugh at the 'who cares they won' crap, as if the result means everything is just fine.

Can anyone remeber one game where the team has played well in the 4231 formation with rodgers?  The only good performance this season was spurs.. and what formation did they start with?

Ronaldo will be licking his lips at the prospect of the next match.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: October 19, 2014, 06:55:00 pm »
I cant help but laugh at the 'who cares they won' crap, as if the result means everything is just fine.

Can anyone remeber one game where the team has played well in the 4231 formation with rodgers?  The only good performance this season was spurs.. and what formation did they start with?

See if he's licking his lips after Gerrard goes through him in the first five minutes

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: October 19, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »
Delighted with 3 pts, 5th, level on pts with 4th...not too bad with winnable games coming up...but wow...

I dont think ive ever seen a worse individual performance than the 1 Mario balotelli just gave, it was simply atrocious, he played 1 decent pass all game to Stevie, uninterested, self indulged performance. fabio Borini must be horrendous not to be getting a 'chance'

Lovren was brought in to calm things down, he's a nervous break down waiting to happen, he's made it 10 times worse than it was before....his awareness of danger is astoundingly bad, he wrecklessly charges out from his position to win balls that are not in his area leaving gaping holes behind him.
Im not convinced on Sakho but he has to come back into the team, id have him n Toure together for a bit because Skrtel is struggling to play with Lovren

Positives, very few,Mignolet heroics to keep us in it yet he was partly at fault for the 2nd,  Jordan, Sterling & Coutinho (changed the game) when he came on, Johnson wasnt too bad either.

Good to have Allen & Can back despite neither playing well..

Its got to get better soon, surely, 2 up top please Brendan...please!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1107 on: October 19, 2014, 06:57:04 pm »

Your right, we should all just bitch, moan and worry about playing badly despite winning and getting our arses handed to us by Real Madrid. That's much better. So much joy to be had in having such a mindset...

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1108 on: October 19, 2014, 06:57:10 pm »
See if he's licking his lips after Gerrard goes through him in the first five minutes

Oh great so now we are so bad we have to resort to Stoke tactics!

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
« Reply #1109 on: October 19, 2014, 06:59:15 pm »
It looks like we're going to go through the same nonsense again, whereby anyone who dares express disappointment, consternation, anger, dismay at today's performance will be told to not be so negative, to remember how many times in the past we've also won after awful performances, etc. etc.

No kidding.

The point is THIS performance was awful, the result (which was awesome) notwithstanding.

A sane voice.

And that's the whole point of ANY post- match thread, to comment on the team's attitude, performance and effort in that particular match. To call it as it is. We were very poor in all departments for the most part today but that doesn't mean we'll perform as badly in the next match.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1110 on: October 19, 2014, 06:59:50 pm »
Its probably why he was rested

You're right.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:46 pm »
Lovren was brought in to calm things down, he's a nervous break down waiting to happen, he's made it 10 times worse than it was before....his awareness of danger is astoundingly bad, he wrecklessly charges out from his position to win balls that are not in his area leaving gaping holes behind him.
Im not convinced on Sakho but he has to come back into the team, id have him n Toure together for a bit because Skrtel is struggling to play with Lovren

I think one of the problems is Skrtels unwillingness to step up with him. There was one occasion when the whole defence pushed out accept for Skrtel who stayed deep and played Charlie Austin(I think) onside and he nearly scored from it.

Offline slidez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1112 on: October 19, 2014, 07:03:31 pm »
Your right, we should all just bitch, moan and worry about playing badly despite winning and getting our arses handed to us by Real Madrid. That's much better. So much joy to be had in having such a mindset...

And this is half the problem.  Who cares about the performance if its a win, right?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1113 on: October 19, 2014, 07:04:25 pm »
Everton nicked points off us from nothing. We didn't get what we deserved then but accepted that this stuff happens.  A similar thing happens today (in reverse) but this time the reaction is far more negative even though we've picked up all the points away from home.

Odd things, fans, aren't they?

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
« Reply #1114 on: October 19, 2014, 07:06:45 pm »
The tired kid and Mario in the right place.

Mario was in the right place a few weeks ago, shopping at Tesco's, but he didn't Buy a Telly.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: October 19, 2014, 07:07:26 pm »
"Well done" is a praise for a job well executed. When one wins the lottery, one doesn't expect people to go "well done, lad!".

What did most of the players and BR "do well" to deserve praise and congratulations?

Showed mental strength and character when we were pegged back not once but twice in the very late stages of the game to go on and win it. That on it's very own deserves a well done. We got the 3 points, that's all that matters now. We move on and try and do better next time.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: October 19, 2014, 07:07:40 pm »

Don't watch it fella, avoid upsetting yourself then.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1117 on: October 19, 2014, 07:08:04 pm »
L'pool today with QPR, were like some useless c*nt shagging a really fat fuckin horrid bird who was desperate to be wellied everywhere and then we decided to go limper than a sleepy radar officer on HMS Sheffield.
We got everything we deserved and if it wasn't for some suicidal defending, we would of lost the war but got bummed sensell like a 70's waltzers or speedway fair ride tramp, on a Jimmy Saville contestant.

Yes, you guessed it - am not impressed.

Feel free to ban and delete and after the team, deal with me.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: October 19, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »
Everton nicked points off us from nothing. We didn't get what we deserved then but accepted that this stuff happens.  A similar thing happens today (in reverse) but this time the reaction is far more negative even though we've picked up all the points away from home.

Odd things, fans, aren't they?

Do you think people really just "accepted" it on here? Find the thread and it might surprise you.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: October 19, 2014, 07:12:26 pm »
And this is half the problem.  Who cares about the performance if its a win, right?

I didn't say I was happy with the performance. We must and we will improve. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to be as miserable as sin because we played badly and won. 3 points is all that matters and we got them. I'm fucking delighted we won and the way we won it in the end makes me even happier. It doesn't get much better then scoring a last minute winner in a game of football and anybody who thinks otherwise is a miserable twat who needs to get a life or start following another sport imo.