Author Topic: So the commercial office of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh  (Read 102432 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: So the commercial epicentre of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« Reply #880 on: October 19, 2014, 11:55:49 am »
If you can get your FSG overlords to give me a Madrid away ticket I will ;D

Check your PM.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #881 on: October 19, 2014, 11:57:26 am »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #882 on: October 19, 2014, 12:06:29 pm »
No probs, may be with the suits as tends to be where my employee seats are at aways.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #883 on: October 19, 2014, 01:11:53 pm »
Just Craig's signature:
Watch out, I'm an FSG mole. No really I am - they planned my existence on here over a year before they bought the club.

You ever thought of setting up a detective agency Hij

;D

Hadn't seen that actually!! ;D

Obviously it's all taken in jest but seriously, we don't do conspiracy theories in the Boozer, so I would hope as a user that we don't allow them to develop on here without proof as I don't think it's fair to invalidate someones argument by suggesting they are simply employed by the club/owners.

I do recognise it is possible and perhaps more so under Hicks and Gillett, but Craig has done a lot of posts and always seems to be fair and measured- I often agree with him.

Having said that, can you get me on the plane to Madrid with the players mate?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:15:59 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #884 on: October 19, 2014, 02:21:45 pm »
Wow 22 pages over a new office  ::)

Craig, the head of the office?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #885 on: October 19, 2014, 04:43:28 pm »
Wait till we see the décor! Fuck me it will go right off :shocked

EDIT: Just read your latest post; psychic  :jester

if they buy that expensive wallpaper the Lord Chamberlain wanted we need to protest, magnolia is good enough for their bijou office in Clapham
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: October 19, 2014, 04:45:54 pm »
Is it just me the reads the title as

So the comical epicentre of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh ?

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: So the comical epicentre of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« Reply #887 on: October 19, 2014, 05:01:18 pm »

No, I do too. Weird isn't it.

;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: So the comical epicentre of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« Reply #888 on: October 19, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »

;D

Clowns to the right of me.

jokers to the left

here we are stuck in the middle with Bill.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #889 on: October 19, 2014, 05:08:41 pm »
Craig, the head of the office?

^^
Assistant to the manager

"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: So the comical office of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« Reply #890 on: October 19, 2014, 05:59:31 pm »
Clowns to the right of me.

jokers to the left

here we are stuck in the middle with Bill.

Baggsy the left Geoff

:)

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: So the comical office of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« Reply #891 on: October 19, 2014, 07:22:01 pm »
Not only do I believe all our senior management and offices should be based in Liverpool, but - and apologies in advance for opening a Can of worms  ;) - but the "new" Anfield, with the new main stand and new stadium surrounds, would surely provide an ideal opportunity to move our offices, TV studios and everything back up there, from the city centre, and make Anfield a real hub for all club staff 5-6 days a week once again?
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: So the commercial office of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« Reply #892 on: October 19, 2014, 09:49:57 pm »

;D

No, just checked again it definitely says 'commercial'

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #893 on: October 19, 2014, 09:55:10 pm »
Not only do I believe all our senior management and offices should be based in Liverpool, but - and apologies in advance for opening a Can of worms  ;) - but the "new" Anfield, with the new main stand and new stadium surrounds, would surely provide an ideal opportunity to move our offices, TV studios and everything back up there, from the city centre, and make Anfield a real hub for all club staff 5-6 days a week once again?

Why? Why is that necessary?
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #894 on: October 20, 2014, 07:18:48 am »

Our defence is shifting to London?
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #895 on: October 20, 2014, 07:58:17 am »

Ha ha

;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #896 on: October 20, 2014, 03:03:26 pm »

they moved a month ago but nobody realised they were there.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #897 on: October 20, 2014, 03:04:04 pm »
they moved a month ago but nobody realised they were there.

Bloody hell no wonder they were so far back.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: October 21, 2014, 04:41:20 pm »
Bloody hell no wonder they were so far back.

It explains why Skrtel likes to stay and Lovren likes to go.....  Reminds me of song by the Beatles (goobye/hello).

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #899 on: October 21, 2014, 04:45:39 pm »
It explains why Skrtel likes to stay and Lovren likes to go.....  Reminds me of song by the Beatles (goobye/hello).
Hello Hello
I don't know why we play offside
We're like Jello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: October 21, 2014, 05:22:21 pm »
Hello Hello
I don't know why we play offside
We're like Jello

Got to be in my top 10!  Keep reaching for the stars 5th   :lmao :scarf

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #901 on: February 16, 2017, 11:12:04 pm »
Not sure precisely what the Anfield Wrap discussion was about but it does seem from a quick perusal to relate in principal at least to this giant thread we had a few years back about the commercial HQ of the club.

Got to say the entire notion of even the slightest London connection is a complete anathema to this particular lifelong Liverpudlian and always will be no matter how much some seem compelled to argue there are commercial merits in such a gut wrenching besmirched connection.

Incidentally for any relative new posters who might be at least marginally interested my own more defined sentiments about the London connection are set out in post 243 as distinct from the glib comments in this post and the opening post.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:44:06 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: February 17, 2017, 12:56:26 am »
^ aye timbo. I was thinking about this thread whilst listening to Neil and others' passionate and logical reasons for our CEO/MD/GM or whatever she or he is called to be based in the city - close to the action, and close to Klopp, the fans and the team.
It's one of the questions in this week's "wildcards episode" if anyone want to acquaint themselves with reasons why this is important. Or read Timbos post #243
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:58:56 am by kavah »

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #903 on: February 17, 2017, 06:59:30 am »
No apologies for what some may have interpreted as a fit of pique but was actually a deliberate OTT attempt on my part to raise hackles and get people at least beginning to focus on this issue. As it is the London move does go 100% against my particular grain. No fucking doubt whatsoever about that. But I will at least try to outline the train of logic as to why this is the case in a slightly more restrained and considered manner than my initial rants.

First off, just to clarify my position regarding FSG just in case anybody misinterprets my agenda here. I personally believe they have done a remarkable job so far. Nobody’s perfect, of course, but the improvement across most areas of the club since their arrival has been impressive. Whilst much of this has stemmed from the quite dramatic and to an extent fortuitous exponential benefit of several key factors namely Brendan Rodgers, Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and a Gerrard renaissance, these in themselves also owe a huge amount to the astuteness of their management.

So, from the outset, this is emphatically not a tirade against FSG.

That said, since I’m a child of this club from pre-Shankly – like many others the vast majority of whom do not frequent forums of this type – it means I’m steeped overwhelmingly in the principles and idiom of the club to an extent that provides the likes of myself with an instinct regarding the club that no amount of management acumen or newly acquired fan status can provide. It also means an awful lot on here may not identify with those instincts nor probably be remotely arsed to do so. In stark contrast, the usual suspects will of course know equally instinctively what I’m on about as some have already so clearly demonstrated.

Nonetheless, I have to say I’ve found some of what I’d term conveniently dismissive argument prevalent in the thread at best disappointing; more so when it takes the form of what could well be classed as a disingenuiness simply to lend weight to argument against what I'm asserting. The counter argument that we're merely opening another office in London when the article - by virtue of the fact the main man responsible for that commercial activity is going to headline it from the capital - clearly identifies that LONDON not Liverpool will be the epicentre of our commercial activity is misleading, possibly deliberately so. Likewise, the comments that nobody is moving from Liverpool to London when the man concerned specifically states the complete opposite to be the case.

Notwithstanding all that, the real reason behind me highlighting this issue in its own thread is because in other threads vaguely pertaining to this and in a few threads I've read on other sites there's not a solitary reference to this deliberate re-focussing of the club's commercial operation to London. Not a sausage. For me this demonstrates so clearly and palpably that so many have either lost sight of or have not the aforementioned instincts as to who we are as a club. As such, was I hell as like going to let it pass without at least attempting to ensure such apathy and complacency did not enjoy the free reign it appeared to be enjoying.

Those who go back a few years [circa 2002] may recall I was one of the three founder members of the A4E [Anfield Forever] resistance ‘lobby’ to the proposed move from our spiritual home to the Rick Parry Superbowl in Stanley Park. My Liverpudlian instinct back then told me we should never leave our home. Most on forums such as this one, disagreed. Thankfully, events since for whatever reason have aligned with my own instinct on that particular matter - a somewhat more significant one than this one but the parallel remains. Indeed, the corresponding parallel of complacency and apathy to the proposed shift that we’ve witnessed in this thread is strikingly and disconcertingly similar to that which prevailed within the huge plethora of discussions concerning the move to the superbowl.

Sadly on this occasion it has all been so eminently predictable in contrast to years ago when the instinctive avid embracing of the proposed move to Stanley Park left me and others numbed with surprise.  Thank goodness this time then for the likes of Trend - a true blooded American yet a man with Liverpool in his heart – John Mac, Geoff, Pisto and a few other stout souls to help show up for what they are what I can only term the glib self serving interpretations of so many regarding this current matter.

Nobody, least of all myself at my stage of life, is attempting to over-dramatise this episode in itself. In the overall scheme of things - and certainly in my own life – the fact Billy Two Rivers is moving to London from Boston amounts to very little. However, there is a bigger picture and an important sub-text principle at work here.

The fact is we're either LIVERPOOL Football Club or we're not. We either shout it from the rooftops that we are LIVERPOOL and remain totally proud and totally faithful to our Scouse and Liverpudlian heritage - just like all past Liverpool greats have done. Or else we turn the other way as it is watered down; diluted until its essence is more and more distanced from the distinctive Scouse pulse from whence it originates and derives its very soul. 

That does not involve any rejection of the world wide fanbase that has ‘bought into it’. Rather the opposite – the true scouse way is to embrace all comers provided any such attachment and motivation is genuine and heartfelt. As such all are welcome as far as true scousers are concerned. All are embraced. However, any such embracing has to be on terms that remain steadfastly Liverpudlian in every sense; Liverpool terms. Any departure from the heartland, any departure from beholding and cherishing Liverpool the city, Anfield our home and native Liverpudlians as the essential core of the club no matter how seemingly insignificant it may seem to some is a move down a slippery slope that has nothing whatsoever to do with the well being and preservation of all that is precious and unique concerning our club and everything to do with a veering away from those crucial principles.   

The simple fact is there is no need for our Big Billy Bucks commercial main man to plant himself in London. More significantly there is no need to shout such a move from the rooftops as appears to have happened. It is the wrong message, one that shoots the club and its core support, its core heritage in the foot. At its most extreme it could be said to constitute a betrayal, though not for a single minute do I feel this is in any way, shape or form a deliberate or considered move to betray. Rather I feel it is a matter of expediency, tailoring the move to suit the personal wishes/whims of the particular individual/s concerned who so happens to be valued so highly – possibly rightly so - by the club’s owners that by virtue of that evaluation he/they has/have dictated the locational terms of his/their transfer. 

By all means let us have such an office down there in the Smoke and let Billy and his entourage frequent it whenever the fuckinghell they like or ideally whenever it’s genuinely necessary. But let the message be loud and clear that this is a Liverpool operation, an enterprise run from the only place it is right and fitting for it to be run from, namely LIVERPOOL. Propagating some nebulous and convenient bullshit notion that the big business of Liverpool Football Club can in this day and age only be run from London is as disingenuous as some of the arguments on here that have attempted to support such a concept and discredit the genuine distress felt by some at the club’s management so publically departing from such pivotal principles of this club.
Cause you lazy buggers couldn't be bothered to link it. [emoji6]

Good post, Timbo. Do you still feel the same way?

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: February 18, 2017, 10:30:44 pm »
Don't know why I missed that post  first time round Timbo. Excellent read (albeit 3 years late!)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: February 19, 2017, 08:23:06 am »
Man Utd got the commercial side spot on while we were fucking about doing nothing. When FSG took over, they'll have looked at what the Mancs did/do so well. One thing the Mancs had and still have was a Commercial HQ in London, it was in Pall Mall and then moved to Mayfair, City then opened a London commercial office in 2012, so its no surprise we did the same.
Jurgen YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #906 on: February 19, 2017, 08:34:05 am »
Oh good, now we have two fsg threads.. joys...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #907 on: February 19, 2017, 07:02:01 pm »
Is our commercial division having an office in London such a big issue? Surely we should have offices all over the world.
JFT97

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: February 19, 2017, 07:26:20 pm »
Don't have a problem in us having a couple of suits based in London (or any other city in the world for that matter) to do deals with other suits in London. Would be nice if all club jobs were local jobs but we have to move with the times, even if it's 10 years after our competitors.