Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor  (Read 15487 times)

Offline PaulV

• RAWK Pope
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2014, 02:15:29 pm »
He's not much of a looker and he doesn't like public speaking!
You've not got intel on the chief?
To many people have discovered "Football Manager" and now they all think they are Kenny but alas so many end up as Roy

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2014, 12:47:02 am »
Bit late to the party but yeah, excellent game! Really enjoyed playing it over Christmas.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 2, 2015, 10:27:39 pm »
Thinking about getting it for Ps4. IS it worth it? Only £20-something on Amazon.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #123 on: January 3, 2015, 12:49:30 am »
Thinking about getting it for Ps4. IS it worth it? Only £20-something on Amazon.

It's an amazing game.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 3, 2015, 04:25:29 am »

Bargain at that price, arguably the only next-gen game out there at the moment, with the Nemesis system for the orcs. Expect we'll be seeing it imitated and hopefully improved in games to come.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #125 on: January 5, 2015, 10:04:51 am »
Defo my fave game of the year.....first game in an absolute age that I've played to 100%

Bought the DLC for £6 over the weekend so going to get stuck into that too....I imagine it'll be the first game on Steam that I max out the achievements for 8) ;D ::)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 5, 2015, 11:45:53 am »
Defo my fave game of the year.....first game in an absolute age that I've played to 100%

Bought the DLC for £6 over the weekend so going to get stuck into that too....I imagine it'll be the first game on Steam that I max out the achievements for 8) ;D ::)

Yeah I got this over Christmas, what a game. My mate came over last week and absolutely loved it, so much so he went out and bought a PS4 a few days after!

Was looking at the DLC, tell us your thoughts once you've had a good go!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 5, 2015, 12:03:32 pm »
Yeah I got this over Christmas, what a game. My mate came over last week and absolutely loved it, so much so he went out and bought a PS4 a few days after!

Was looking at the DLC, tell us your thoughts once you've had a good go!
Early thoughts....

Stealth Carrigor (spelling??) = buzzing long range kills

Infected Graug = Pukes all over everything, very funny & gross!

Early signs are good, just more of same really with the Dwarf and a few extra creatures for company.....for £6 I'm not sure you can go wrong!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 5, 2015, 02:06:18 pm »
How time consuming is this? I'm at uni, whilst I want a game, I don't want to spend ALL my time on it.  ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 5, 2015, 02:14:53 pm »
How time consuming is this? I'm at uni, whilst I want a game, I don't want to spend ALL my time on it.  ;D
5 hours of lectures a week? Do me a favour :o ::) ;D

I've done 36 hours which is completing the game 100% and 2 or 3 hours on the DLC but I could have done the game in far, far quicker.

I took my time, collected everything, got emboiled in pointless battles and embarked on multiple revenge attacks early on.

I think you could go through the game in under 20 hours if you were keen just to get through it but where's the fun in that :-X

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #130 on: January 9, 2015, 05:52:09 pm »
I just completed this the other day - really don't want it to be 'over' though. I can't wait for the Bright Master DLC as apparently you get to play as Celebrimbor on the battlefield against Saurons army and possibly Sauron himself.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #131 on: February 3, 2015, 07:50:22 pm »
After a bit of advice, badly stuck the mission were you have to

Spoiler
poison the grog barrels. You need to do it by stealth but I just keep getting spotted. Is there a particular technique, like poising one of the barrels and waiting until they drink from it?
[close]

Brilliant game though, late to the party but loving it so far.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: February 3, 2015, 10:57:29 pm »
stuck on the same mission today mate :lmao

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #133 on: February 4, 2015, 09:25:11 am »
Completed the story mode over the weekend for this but still have plenty left to do to really complete the game,

Spoiler
However as amazing as the game is and the 'Nemisis' system works tremendously, did anyone else find the story mode really weak and lacking? It started in a really shocking but strong way however the rest didn't seem to live up to it. It had it's moments, the burning of the Sauron statue and the Gollum bits etc but I just didn't feel that connected to it which is strange considering what the set-up was. I didn't give a shit about the 'outsiders' early on and as good as the Torvin character was the hunting missions were more like a side mission than story mode (exactly what was the point to killing the Graug in the whole story arc?!). The final mission was also incredibly easy and I expected a huge battle with my 'branded' Warchiefs vs the rest but it all ended so quickly with press the right button and the right time
[close]

I can't wait to go back and finish the rest as I love the game dynamics but can't help feeling the above
« Last Edit: February 4, 2015, 09:27:14 am by redan »

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 4, 2015, 09:49:42 am »
Completed the story mode over the weekend for this but still have plenty left to do to really complete the game,

Spoiler
However as amazing as the game is and the 'Nemisis' system works tremendously, did anyone else find the story mode really weak and lacking? It started in a really shocking but strong way however the rest didn't seem to live up to it. It had it's moments, the burning of the Sauron statue and the Gollum bits etc but I just didn't feel that connected to it which is strange considering what the set-up was. I didn't give a shit about the 'outsiders' early on and as good as the Torvin character was the hunting missions were more like a side mission than story mode (exactly what was the point to killing the Graug in the whole story arc?!). The final mission was also incredibly easy and I expected a huge battle with my 'branded' Warchiefs vs the rest but it all ended so quickly with press the right button and the right time
[close]

I can't wait to go back and finish the rest as I love the game dynamics but can't help feeling the above

I think every single person who played this feels the exact same way mate. Hopefully that means next time they'll produce something amazing. Assuming there is a sequel?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 4, 2015, 11:06:36 am »
Yep the ending was a massive kick in the balls!

I was more expecting to face this sort of thing.....

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 4, 2015, 11:28:39 am »
I'd genuinely be shocked if there wasn't a sequel. I got this for Christmas purely based on the positive reaction on here, and I wasn't disappointed. Discussed this with a friend of mine who adores the batman series and he said this has a very similar feel to Arkhum Asylum in that they're just getting used to the LOTR setting, combat etc. The next one should be outstanding.

I feel for the next one they need to add more RPG elements for the game, in terms of finding materials etc. Nothing over the top and too time consuming, but just to add a different element to the game. Obviously need to expand of the map considerably, adding more areas of Middle-Earth. Combat mechanics and nemesis system are superb.

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #137 on: February 4, 2015, 12:36:56 pm »
Would definitely love a sequel (would be a shame to waste such a perfect system on one game)

I also think they'll expand it much further (Gondor and Rivendell are my two bets). However imagine a complete open world experience set in Middle Earth with side missions in every area? Pop into Rivendell for a stroll and take in the scenery then head back in Rohan to chop the heads off some pesky Orcs who are raiding a village. Lovely stuff

It'll be next gen only as well I imagine so can't see why not

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #138 on: February 6, 2015, 04:30:33 am »
Would definitely love a sequel (would be a shame to waste such a perfect system on one game)

I also think they'll expand it much further (Gondor and Rivendell are my two bets). However imagine a complete open world experience set in Middle Earth with side missions in every area? Pop into Rivendell for a stroll and take in the scenery then head back in Rohan to chop the heads off some pesky Orcs who are raiding a village. Lovely stuff

That's pretty much the game that a lot of people have wanted. It would be incredible but it would take so much work, it would have to be an RPG to get the most out of it. Imagine a Bethesda Lord of the Rings title.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2015, 10:20:11 pm »
one of my favourite games so far on this gen but it became far too easy once you could brand, etc. it didnt feel like the mobs scaled in difficulty to match your gain in power.

they have the groundwork to make a really incredible game if they increase the scope, story, difficulty arc

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2015, 01:10:14 pm »

think it'll get released on ps4 & xbox one, can't see them waiting for ps5 & the next xbox to come out ;)

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2015, 01:23:57 pm »
Some sort of free DLC dropped this morning on my PC....

...a quick glance at the official site suggests it's free on consoles too! :wave

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2015, 01:46:58 pm »
Yeah downloaded the update last night, the whole 8gb of it! Might go on later to see what it is.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2015, 02:45:39 pm »
Where does it say the DLC is actually free?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2015, 02:58:34 pm »
Where does it say the DLC is actually free?
https://www.shadowofmordor.com/

Somewhere in there. Can't navigate to the exact page as I'm in work and all fun is banned here! ::)

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2015, 06:11:20 pm »
did a shit load of progress on this, killed all the warchiefs etc. then my ps4 fucked up and i had to initialize, now ive lost all my saved data and gotta do it all again. weighing up whether it's even worth it or not..

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2015, 06:26:18 pm »
wasn't it backed up on psn?

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2015, 06:38:25 pm »
nah loaded it up and it just went to the start, unless it's backed up somewhere else but i doubt it did it automatically

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2015, 07:59:22 pm »
depends on your settings, mine backs all saves up automatically to online storage so might be worth checking it

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2015, 01:27:05 pm »
About a third of the way into this now and can't wait till I learn how to teleport like the Uruk captains obviously can.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #150 on: October 5, 2015, 09:42:12 pm »
Just finished the story missions and have done around 65% in total.  I'll echo what everyone else has said, really fun game to play and the fighting is great (coming from someone who doesn't really like the Arkham fighting mechanic).  Only qualm is the ending, which has been mentioned in the thread, thought it was a bit bollocks.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2017, 05:17:41 pm »
Sequel just been announced, Shadow of War.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/02/27/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-officially-announced

Can't wait, first one was ace. This and RDR2 make it a fantastic year for gaming already.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2017, 05:39:39 pm »
Good stuff, the Nemesis system is brilliant and I hope it's expanded upon. The game itself just needed that extra bit of polish and magic to push it into classic territory.

They really need to try and make the definitive Tolkien action adventure, now that we have affordable systems that can do some justice to those beautiful fantasy settings, without the performance suffering when lots of orcs are getting rinsed on screen at the same time.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2017, 08:42:56 pm »
Only played this recently. Loved the combat, the world felt so empty though.

For a sequel I'd want a way better story with better voice acting. A more involved skill tree, weapons system would be nice also.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2017, 08:59:19 pm »
The nemesis stuff was good. Rest of the game I didn't really like. Hated that there were enemies everywhere and you had no way of really avoiding them because that was basically the game. Just fighting one group after another. Also had some issues with enemies just disappearing or appearing out of nowhere...

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #155 on: March 1, 2017, 10:52:24 am »
Great news,

Also I'm hoping that since they've taken Mordor out of the title that we'll get to see other areas of middle earth, can't wait

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #156 on: March 1, 2017, 01:11:50 pm »
Great news,

Also I'm hoping that since they've taken Mordor out of the title that we'll get to see other areas of middle earth, can't wait

Trailer refers to the game as the "Battle for Mordor" so you may be out of luck on that one ;D

But I totally agree, exploring Gondor, Rohan, Rivendell etc would be amazing. There is so much scope to the LOTR universe, they just have to make sure that the context and the story is right.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2017, 09:28:22 am »
Might be too late with this now - but if you have gold you can (or could!) get game of the year edition for £4.80!

Had this when it first came out, but never had any time to put into it. Picked up GOY on Saturday and ploughed a good few hours into it, loving it - be interesting setting up a nemesis for Shadow of War.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2017, 09:41:12 am »
Might be too late with this now - but if you have gold you can (or could!) get game of the year edition for £4.80!

Had this when it first came out, but never had any time to put into it. Picked up GOY on Saturday and ploughed a good few hours into it, loving it - be interesting setting up a nemesis for Shadow of War.
For PC - GOTY - £3:50

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1070-buy-key-steam-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-goty/

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #159 on: October 9, 2017, 07:58:52 am »
New one is out.

Seems v similar to the original so far but no bad thing at all! Only played a couple of missions so far but it's great.