Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88006 times)

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #1160 on: September 14, 2014, 04:46:48 pm »
Mignolet is becoming a big problem - just wont come for anything in the box to relieve a bit of pressure off our defence.

Their keeper looked tidy, claimed nigh on everything thrown his way

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: September 14, 2014, 04:48:07 pm »
Mignolet is becoming a big problem - just wont come for anything in the box to relieve a bit of pressure off our defence.

Makes you wonder why we let Reina go when we obviously need competition.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1162 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:45 pm »
I asked the question in the pre match thread, What will Brendan do when a team like Villa plays like us, lively and ceding possession and hitting on the break. Bearing in mind that we had so many not yet bedded in players out there, who I suspect will mainly gel very well, I now think Brendan did not answer that question. He will have to, and fast or we will have a few managers thinking they have found us out.
It was almost like in the start of last season when he was just throwing lots of firepower at any team, except this time we were underpowered for a variety of reasons. It has to be said also, I think Villa will have their best season in decades this year. Benteke will improve an already potent force. If Cissokho had played like that a bit more when he had our shirt on, he would still be wearing it.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #1163 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:55 pm »
Feel a bit sorry for Villa actually. Chelsea and Mourinho got all the plaudits last season for the same performance. Villa do it and it's touted simply as a poor Liverpool display.

Surprised to see you lot thought we were brilliant. I didn't feel that way watching the match; we were just hoofing the ball away only for it to go to a red shirt for the 2nd half. We got away with it yesterday but that doesn't always happen.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1164 on: September 14, 2014, 04:51:40 pm »
The worst thing about yesterday was that Brendan seems to have a blind spot when it comes to Villa at home. After our previous 2 results I would've hoped that he would redouble his efforts against them and get the players to start stronger than they have in the previous games. The lack of intensity at the start indicated that we didn't quite take the game as seriously as we should've, as if the points were ours. When we did that last year against Soton it was disappointing, but against Villa where we have already seen them do this to us was unacceptable.

Maybe it would've been better to start Sterling (in the absence of Sturridge) and then rested him for the CL game but since we don't know his state of fitness it's difficult to criticise the decision. What we do know is that it was a case of too many new players at the same time.

Still unhappy with the standard of defending by us, too many soft goals and it doesn't seem to be getting better. We need to make teams earn their goals. The bad thing is that most of their chances were mainly set pieces i.e. not because of our focus on attacking.

Overall, need to pick this up quickly, it's going to get harder to manage the games and we've thrown away 3 home points yesterday. The only good thing is that Arsenal & City have not got away from us but Chelsea are already 6 points ahead.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #1165 on: September 14, 2014, 04:53:51 pm »
Makes you wonder why we let Reina go when we obviously need competition.

Cos Reina isn't competition. He's worse, earns more and like to write letters etc.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: September 14, 2014, 04:58:26 pm »
Surprised to see you lot thought we were brilliant. I didn't feel that way watching the match; we were just hoofing the ball away only for it to go to a red shirt for the 2nd half. We got away with it yesterday but that doesn't always happen.

We spanked teams for fun here at Anfield last season. Teams that come here that shut up shop, but also carry a real offensive threat ( counter attacks/set pieces ) deserve all the plaudits because that's how to beat us.

p.s my mate from work is a villa supporter and thinks the same as you. I was more positive about Villa than he was! Funny game this football.

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #1167 on: September 14, 2014, 05:01:39 pm »

It's nothing to do with thinking our 2 wins and 2 defeats is a perfectly good start because other teams have slipped up as well. It's more to do with the fact that even though we've lost 2 games, we're still well within range with the teams who'll be rivaling us for a top 4 finish. And also to show how utterly ridiculous it is to start panicking yet.

So you are saying that last season was a blip and if we finish 5th or 6th this season that will be our true level?
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: September 14, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »

I didn't think so either. I thought you did a decent enough job but didn't really have a lot to do. We were woeful all over the pitch and you had the best three chances of the match easily. Should've killed us off with time to spare.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1169 on: September 14, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »
Ian Wright says United will finish fourth ahead of us. It's over, lads.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #1170 on: September 14, 2014, 05:07:25 pm »
Onwards and upwards, let's turn our attention to Tuesday...

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #1171 on: September 14, 2014, 05:10:01 pm »
We spanked teams for fun here at Anfield last season. Teams that come here that shut up shop, but also carry a real offensive threat ( counter attacks/set pieces ) deserve all the plaudits because that's how to beat us.

p.s my mate from work is a villa supporter and thinks the same as you. I was more positive about Villa than he was! Funny game this football.

It is indeed  :D. See what you're saying but under Lambert and mostly last season that's basically how we've played; very little possession, hoof the ball away and more often than not come unstuck. I didn't think we looked comfortable. Such fine margins in football though; Coutinho (?) scores that shot that hit the post and I think we'd have collapsed.

I didn't think so either. I thought you did a decent enough job but didn't really have a lot to do. We were woeful all over the pitch and you had the best three chances of the match easily. Should've killed us off with time to spare.

The goal and Senderos x 2?

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #1172 on: September 14, 2014, 05:10:23 pm »
Always going to have a game like this, last season it was Southampton and this Season it's villa. We need to learn how to break teams down when they drop 10 yards, when that happens the systems we play can easily change, lambert should have been on sooner and we should have used the width much better.

The biggest surprise for me was how far Gerrard was going forward but he didn't have a shot.

Teams are going to do this to us so we need to learn quickly how to deal with it and ffs we need to defend better! Someone else has said it and I have said it for 18 months, our next upgrade has to be a keeper, mignolet is terrible at crosses and the whole of the kop holds it's breath when we have to deal with a set piece! Don't get me started on the slow distribution either.
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: September 14, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »

Ian Wright is a Sun Loving bellend as well

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1174 on: September 14, 2014, 05:14:39 pm »
Always going to have a game like this, last season it was Southampton and this Season it's villa. We need to learn how to break teams down when they drop 10 yards, when that happens the systems we play can easily change, lambert should have been on sooner and we should have used the width much better.

The biggest surprise for me was how far Gerrard was going forward but he didn't have a shot.

Teams are going to do this to us so we need to learn quickly how to deal with it and ffs we need to defend better! Someone else has said it and I have said it for 18 months, our next upgrade has to be a keeper, mignolet is terrible at crosses and the whole of the kop holds it's breath when we have to deal with a set piece! Don't get me started on the slow distribution either.

Don't get why we ever signed him. Terrible scouting, hopefully Valdes signs and gets fit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JohnnyLFC

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1175 on: September 14, 2014, 05:19:00 pm »
I'm pissed all day, really horrible game yesterday. One thing instantly cheer me up: Tuesday and back of Champions League. We'll destroy Ludogorets. Btw. I'm a new member of RAWK. Hi everybody! :)
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1176 on: September 14, 2014, 05:19:16 pm »
Its alright lets try to be optimistic. We lost to hull city last season and we still got close to winning the league. All we have to do is beat the top 4s. Last season we lost to Arsenal on the road, and to chelsea twice. We have a brand new team, and obviously they haven't adjusted to playing alongside each other yet. With time we should see improvement. Rome wasn't built in a day  :D Lets forget this one and keep our heads high. Man of the match for me although difficult to call was Manquillo.
Seen us win everything

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: September 14, 2014, 05:22:55 pm »

Yeah, I've stuck up for Mignolet for a while because he is a brilliant shot stopper but he isn't commanding enough, doesn't inspire confidence. He roars after the problem has occurs, that solves nothing. He's a reason problems are occurring, you can't be indecisive in the area and he is and therefor so are the defence.
His distribution is slow too, I'm yelling at the TV sometimes telling him to hurry up because he's taking the sting out of a game when we don't want it slowed down, we want it to speed up, that hesitation in distribution causes the crowd to groan also.

Offline thegeneral3018

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1178 on: September 14, 2014, 05:23:47 pm »
Yesterday was just a bad day at the office, we had too many new faces against a defensive and dreary villa team, they are fast becoming our bogey team though under Lambert.

Think it would've been better to play the diamond and try to stretch the villa defence, but hindsight is a great thing. Onwards and upwards to Ludogorets!

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: September 14, 2014, 05:28:54 pm »
Yeah, I've stuck up for Mignolet for a while because he is a brilliant shot stopper but he isn't commanding enough, doesn't inspire confidence. He roars after the problem has occurs, that solves nothing. He's a reason problems are occurring, you can't be indecisive in the area and he is and therefor so are the defence.
His distribution is slow too, I'm yelling at the TV sometimes telling him to hurry up because he's taking the sting out of a game when we don't want it slowed down, we want it to speed up, that hesitation in distribution causes the crowd to groan also.

His distrubution isnt that bad imo, its good enough. His shot-stopping is excellent, has bailed us out on a number of occasions.

But he doesnt take command of the box, doesnt seem to want to come for corners unless its right on top of him, doesnt seem to come out to sweep away any stuff behind the back 4. His lack of authority in the box is creating a nervousness in the defence, especially from set-pieces. Theres no point in shouting at the back 4 before the setpiece is delivered if your not going to lead by example.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1180 on: September 14, 2014, 05:39:43 pm »
I think yesterday proved just how much the effectiveness [and ultimate success] of our game hinges upon having our front line attacking stars in place.

Last year we had the three outstanding stars plus Coutinho whenever he happened to be on his game. Deprived of one or more of these stars we tended to struggle since their replacements did not have that extra quality needed.

Yesterday we had none of the stars [until the 60th minute and it seems Raheem is no Davy Fairclough coming off the bench].

Their replacements - whilst potentially a huge improvement on their counterparts last season - are a fair way off being able to replicate the attacking thrust and impetus of the three stars of last season. Add into the mix a largely mis-firing display from little Coutinho and I have to say an impressively executed game plan from a Delph/Agbonlahoor inspired Villa and you have to conclude we could have played for the next 12 months without opening up their defence.

Of course such reliance for our game's success upon the top cutting edge attackers is scarcely a rocket-science reflection. It's the way the game has always been for any side with the highest aspirations. Deprived of that cutting edge it's odds on you'll struggle against any side with the determination and defensive quality Villa displayed. The comforting thing is that with Sturridge, Sterling to return and the other newcomers I'm sure capable of emulating their quality - and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later - there will not be many more depressing episodes to come like yesterday.

In the above post I mistakenly limited my own take to the missing attacking trio. I hadn't done my sums.

Macca off another forum posted the following which makes you wonder how the fuck we were ever going to resemble a team on the day.

We had 3 outfield players starting who were regulars plus Sakho.

Lovren & The Spaniards in defence with 2 home debutants in front in MF & Mario playing his 2nd game.

7 of our starting lineup had roughly 20 LFC games of all types between them

We haven't beaten Villa at home in 4 seasons now

Bit fuckin daft really to go into a premier league game against the sort of opposition Villa were always going to provide with so few experienced players. Clearly Rodgers didn't have that many options with injuries to Skrtel, Johnson, Flanagan, Allen, Sturridge and with Enrique not match fit, Lucas not favoured and Sterling in need of a rest thanks to that fuckin loon in charge of England but perhaps Lucas, Enrique and even a tired Sterling starting may have just provided some much needed cohesion and Anfield experience.

Clearly we're really unfortunate with the injury situation etc but still a bit of naievety gone on there methinks. A bit too much trust that it'd simply go right on the day when clearly the woeful lack of LFC experience and the stern Villa resistance was always going to be a bit too much for a side with so many untried and untested newbies.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:49:34 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline thegeneral3018

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1181 on: September 14, 2014, 05:42:01 pm »
One thing that I have pondered is why we never used balotelli's (or Gerrard's, for that matter) ability to shoot from distance whenever he got a couple of yards of space, it might've offered something different to test the villa defence.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1182 on: September 14, 2014, 05:50:06 pm »
One thing that I have pondered is why we never used balotelli's (or Gerrard's, for that matter) ability to shoot from distance whenever he got a couple of yards of space, it might've offered something different to test the villa defence.
They pressed us the whole game, it was nearly impossible to get space for a shot. When we did have space it was at an impossible angle for a shot. Balo had one or two shots that were close but thats about it.
Seen us win everything

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1183 on: September 14, 2014, 05:53:37 pm »

Which is why I would happily pay to hear his opinion and extensive insight into the game!  :butt

Fact remains that the only reason they are only a point behind us is because of our own failings yesterday.
All our problems are solvable and, at worst, minimised.
We sort ourselves out and they won't get close, whatever the pundits think.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline C10TINHO

• Main Stander
  • 19th is on its way !!!!
« Reply #1184 on: September 14, 2014, 06:00:05 pm »
How these people are paid pundits is beyond me. How can he be so confident? We have had a much tougher start yet still lead them by a point. And to say united havent settled and will get into ryhthm is a poor excuse. We also made many signings and will take a few games to settle into out stride. And i wont even mention Arsenal as he is a supporter so will obviously expect them to finish above us.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1185 on: September 14, 2014, 06:04:20 pm »

It's something that often occurs to me watching us. Even when things are going well I wonder why we don't seem to try it. Going right back it's a tactic we've often employed. I guess the best recent example is Olympiakos when mellor nodded it back to SG. Souness often popped them in in a similar way. In essence a tee up from the edge of the box. Ball rolled back to an incoming shooter. maybe it's no longer de rigeur.

;D

Offline jets red 44

• Main Stander
« Reply #1186 on: September 14, 2014, 06:22:29 pm »
The man of the match for me was.......................

the ref for blowing the final whistle :missus

wow that was awful :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :wanker
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:25:28 pm by jets red 44 »

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: September 14, 2014, 06:22:47 pm »
Is there not a round table yet?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: September 14, 2014, 06:24:25 pm »
How these people are paid pundits is beyond me. How can he be so confident? We have had a much tougher start yet still lead them by a point. And to say united havent settled and will get into ryhthm is a poor excuse. We also made many signings and will take a few games to settle into out stride. And i wont even mention Arsenal as he is a supporter so will obviously expect them to finish above us.

They only have the League to worry about, have a proven manager and have a very good squad, sign a defender and they will be very hard to finish above.

Offline thegeneral3018

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1189 on: September 14, 2014, 06:25:28 pm »
It's something that often occurs to me watching us. Even when things are going well I wonder why we don't seem to try it. Going right back it's a tactic we've often employed. I guess the best recent example is Olympiakos when mellor nodded it back to SG. Souness often popped them in in a similar way. In essence a tee up from the edge of the box. Ball rolled back to an incoming shooter. maybe it's no longer de rigeur.

;D

Yeah I know what you mean, I can't remember the last time Stevie smashed one in for us from 20+ yards. If we were struggling to play through, then a few long range shots that the keeper may spill could've worked in our favour.

Interesting point though, it does seem like the long distance shooters are being phased out (Gerrard, Lampard, Riise, Drogba) and midfielders in particular seem to be less prevalent in long range shooting nowadays.

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #1190 on: September 14, 2014, 06:27:29 pm »

;D

I'm with you lads. It's a time-honoured way to beat a massed defence, going way back to the famous Celtic/Inter European Cup final. Cut it back to an incoming shooter. Sure, you'll get blocked shots but you'll also get lucky deflections and an unsighted goalie. Without Sturridge we've got too little movement off the ball to be able to link passes through a packed box.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: September 14, 2014, 06:31:36 pm »
I've mostly avoided this thread as it's been action-packed with knee jerk bullshit, but I've got a few thoughts:

Yesterday was just a bad situation for us, Villa are a good away team (as we saw last season) and the early defensive confusion allowed them to grab a goal and sit deep. If we had our first choice attack fit and ready then we could've picked our way through their defence, but unfortunately we had to throw in a group of attackers who are talented but lacking fitness and an understanding with each other.

People questioning why Raheem didn't start need to get a grip. Brendan uses him at every opportunity, so the fact that he was rested can only be because he knew just how tired Sterling was. We all clapped Rodgers when he complained about the owl overworking Sturridge, but when he rests Sterling after a strenuous week everyone kicks up a fuss.

The defence looked good individually and when they gel as a group I think we'll start to see more clean sheets.

I don't think the manager really made any mistakes, he just reacted to injuries and fitness concerns in the best way possible, and the result was a disjointed performance that was unfortunately inevitable.

Lallana had some really good moments despite his expected lack of fitness, I can see him fitting in well after a few games and having a big impact on our season.

Markovic had some nice little touches too but I think we won't see the best of him until next season at the earliest.

I think Mario will play better with quick players running beyond him, something we didn't really have available today.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: September 14, 2014, 06:32:43 pm »
They pressed us the whole game, it was nearly impossible to get space for a shot. When we did have space it was at an impossible angle for a shot. Balo had one or two shots that were close but thats about it.
We had plenty of the ball in there half as they stopped pressing centre mid half 20 minutes of the match. The problem was movement up front, we had none!  How many times did we have to watch countino gestering with his hands at our forwards to move and make runs. Forward players are just static and I don't give a shitte what anyone says, players like Balotelli won't run there socks off for 90 minutes. If fact not even 45 minutes! Our game relies heavily on movement and we had none!

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: September 14, 2014, 06:37:17 pm »
I think I was most disapointed in our complete lack of threat from set pieces - not sure why we let 4 different people take corners and free kicks? Seemed there was no plan, don't think we managed a single attempt from a set piece and we had pleanty. That's what we are lacking which seperates the top teams to the championship winning teams.. That ability when it's just not going your way but you still grab a "yammy" goal from a set piece.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: September 14, 2014, 06:42:35 pm »
I think I was most disapointed in our complete lack of threat from set pieces - not sure why we let 4 different people take corners and free kicks? Seemed there was no plan, don't think we managed a single attempt from a set piece and we had pleanty. That's what we are lacking which seperates the top teams to the championship winning teams.. That ability when it's just not going your way but you still grab a "yammy" goal from a set piece.
I know what your saying mate but that wasn't it for me. Our crosses into Aston Villa defence were meat and veg to them. Villa struggle big time on clever movement and quick passing through balls, (perfect for our game). I think it was very evident yesterday that no sturidge and for the part no sterling means, no quick dynamic movement up front. A little worrying really

Offline irish musicman

• Anny Roader
    • bettersounds ireland
« Reply #1195 on: September 14, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »
Unfortunately Gerrard's ability to shoot from distance seems to have gone since he had the op on his groin. How long has it been now since he scored from play and his accuracy from dead balls seems to be on the decline also. Mario will need a little time to bed in and build up some confidence.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #1196 on: September 14, 2014, 06:45:58 pm »
I know what your saying mate but that wasn't it for me. Our crosses into Aston Villa defence were meat and veg to them. Villa struggle big time on clever movement and quick passing through balls, (perfect for our game). I think it was very evident yesterday that no sturidge and for the part no sterling means, no quick dynamic movement up front. A little worrying really

Or just maybe having three players in attacking areas never having played together before all making home debuts can be attributed somewhat towards that lack attacking quality.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: September 14, 2014, 06:46:54 pm »

I second this, we were very static up top and made it easy for Villa's defenders. We really could have done with bringing in a mobile forward in the summer to step in  when Sturridge was missing.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #1198 on: September 14, 2014, 06:49:27 pm »
So you are saying that last season was a blip and if we finish 5th or 6th this season that will be our true level?

I don't think last season was a blip (not that you're replying to me anyway) but even Rodgers said we're ahead of where he planned for us to be at this time.
There is a lot of pressure this season but realistically we cannot better last season without winning something.
I personally don't think 5th or 6th is 'our level' but I think that is close to where we'll finish.
Last season we had so many things going for us including issues with rival clubs having new managers and shit managers plus we had a core group of players and belief and team spirit were great.

We just lost our talisman and we've added the depth we needed but I think there are a couple of areas that still need sorting...this season will be tough and we have many games.
we have a lot of work to do integrating players and I don't think we'll quite do a spurs but nor do I think we'll be anything like we were last season.

I believe we can be and would love nothing more than for us to be challenging for the CL & PL....  We have many things in our favour, but our rivals have all significantly strengthened.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:52:15 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: September 14, 2014, 06:49:54 pm »
Or just maybe having three players in attacking areas never having played together before all making home debuts can be attributed somewhat towards that lack attacking quality.
Agree with this, it's no doubt unfortunate that we had to bed 3 new forward players in the same game. Hopefully we might be able to integrate them a little differently in the coming weeks. I do have some doubts though