Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88119 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #720 on: September 13, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »
Not sure any of our midfield suit playing in a 2. Can't understand it when the 1-2 worked so well last season. Big reason we challenged for 1st instead of 4thth.

We do have 1 mate, but he's German and injured unfortunately.

Him and Allen would be fine, but should only really be needed against europes elite, not Villa at home........
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: September 13, 2014, 10:13:42 pm »
As disappointed I am with the result, I'm even more disappointed with what Rodgers (apparently) said post-game.

Perhaps read them before getting 'disappointed' ?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #722 on: September 13, 2014, 10:15:05 pm »
It was a dig at  England and how losing a key player due to mismanagement puts us on the back foot against very well resourced sides.

Its not a big deal. People are making a moutain out of a molehill.

"It's unfortunate losing our key forward in such unnecessary circumstances".

Again, simple, but he let the frustration of the game get the better of him.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #723 on: September 13, 2014, 10:15:22 pm »
Perhaps read them before getting 'disappointed' ?

Yeah, you're right.

I'm just pulling that out of thin air. I haven't read any posts on here by people who did immediately watch the post-match interview. Just making stuff up. 

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #724 on: September 13, 2014, 10:16:17 pm »
As disappointed I am with the result, I'm even more disappointed with what Rodgers (apparently) said post-game.

Mate ffs

Watch the interview.

This is ridiculous, who the fuck started this? A spy manc or something?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: September 13, 2014, 10:16:31 pm »
I've not seen the interview, but it's been confirmed on here that he said something along the lines of "We're competing on budgets of, you know, a third than some of the other teams that're up there."

Which, to me, is not what he should be saying after a performance like that. But I suppose he knows best, maybe he's trying to deflect attention off the fairly poor performances that almost all of our new signings had.
If he said that, he is not wrong, given net spend, it probably is around a third of the cheats. Of course, truth is, the players we target often don't want to come.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: September 13, 2014, 10:17:27 pm »
I've not seen the interview, but it's been confirmed on here that he said something along the lines of "We're competing on budgets of, you know, a third than some of the other teams that're up there."

Which, to me, is not what he should be saying after a performance like that. But I suppose he knows best, maybe he's ? trying to deflect attention off the fairly poor performances that almost all of our new signings had.

He never said that at all.  Getting funny about comments misconstrued, exaggerated and flat out lied about, without hearing any of it yourself ?    Have a word...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #727 on: September 13, 2014, 10:17:41 pm »
Fair enough, I'll search for the post-match and watch it myself. However, a few people did confirm that he said that a few pages back. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they weren't lying.

Offline Scott0908

• Kopite
« Reply #728 on: September 13, 2014, 10:17:57 pm »
i think its a bit worrying  that Rodgers has not learned from the 2 previous games. poor from him.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #729 on: September 13, 2014, 10:19:47 pm »
Really, really lacklustre performance, just not good enough.!

THATS ALL.
YNWA

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #730 on: September 13, 2014, 10:20:26 pm »
When we start to play long balls, which Gerrard did today we are fucked. That's not what won us games last year. Basically just gives the ball back to the opposition IMO.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: September 13, 2014, 10:20:33 pm »
i think its a bit worrying  that Rodgers has not learned from the 2 previous games. poor from him.

I think it's worse that our front three were static, and looked lazy.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: September 13, 2014, 10:20:33 pm »
We won't be in the running this year ....
Tend to agree.
Last year we outperform due to Suarez's contribution.
If anyone thinks you can sell your 30 goal top scorer & expect the same results he's deluded.
Any case pressure is on Rodgers to deliver at least top 4.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: September 13, 2014, 10:21:04 pm »
Two up front, that's all I am going to say. We look a much more dangerous side when we do that instead of just playing 1 and leaving him isolated. I hope Brendan goes back to the diamond system.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: September 13, 2014, 10:21:29 pm »
Tend to agree.
If anyone thinks you can sell your 30 goal top scorer & expect the same results he's deluded.

It wasn't just down to Suarez.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2014, 10:22:37 pm »
When we start to play long balls, which Gerrard did today we are fucked. That's not what won us games last year. Basically just gives the ball back to the opposition IMO.

His passing wasn't bad - he hit a few good long ones today. We just couldn't do much with it.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2014, 10:23:54 pm »
I agree, I don't think Luis would have made that much of a difference, he didn't last season in the same fixture, the battle was lot in midfield.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2014, 10:23:55 pm »

It wasn't.

But if ever there was a definition of 'catalyst' then he is it.

Losing him will not affect us like losing Alonso, but it will take time, and we'll have to hope someone assumes the mantle, and sharpish.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: September 13, 2014, 10:24:59 pm »
Major contribution from him.
Last year you had 3 possible threats upfront.
Suarez's was a major threat.
Now its down to 2.
With Sturridge out its 1.
We will soon see what we are made of in the coming weeks.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #739 on: September 13, 2014, 10:25:38 pm »
I know it doesn't soften the blow but just to put it in perspective a bit

We lost to Southhampton last year at home and beat them this year +3 points
We lost to Man City last year and did the same this year.
We beat Spurs last year and did the same this year
We drew with Villa home last season and lost this year -1

We're still +2 against corresponding fixtures.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2014, 10:25:52 pm »
I think it's worse that our front three were static, and looked lazy.

They looked like they were playing together for the first time ever, and none of them were fully match fit ;)

But then to me, it again begs the question why not go with what we know. Coutinho and Sterling either side of Balotelli. Lucas, Gerrard and Hendo CM. Then you've got five familiar players and one striker. The only thing I can think of is he underestimated Villa, but then I cant imagine he would considering we frequently draw or lose to them at home.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #741 on: September 13, 2014, 10:26:04 pm »
His passing wasn't bad - he hit a few good long ones today. We just couldn't do much with it.
Is wasn't bad but what long balls do is increase your chances of giving it away. You are relying on a good pass and good control from the receiving player. Plus for a defender they are easier to read.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #742 on: September 13, 2014, 10:26:45 pm »
Said before the season we'll have a better away record than home record this season. Seen nothing yet to change that opinion. A lot of teams will come and set up like Villa, wait for a set piece to expose our frailties and take a point or 3.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #743 on: September 13, 2014, 10:26:46 pm »
I know it doesn't soften the blow but just to put it in perspective a bit

We lost to Southhampton last year at home and beat them this year +3 points
We lost to Man City last year and did the same this year.
We beat Spurs last year and did the same this year
We drew with Villa home last season and lost this year -1

We're still +2 against corresponding fixtures.

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!! CHEERS CHAKAN
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #744 on: September 13, 2014, 10:27:04 pm »
Glum. But I suppose a poor performance and defeat was always going to chafe hard when we've all been chomping at the bit for a fortnight. Thank God we only have to wait until Tuesday to play again. Plenty to gripe about, so much to be disappointed with but no point moping around. Chock-a-block month this, just gotta hope we put things right in the next few games.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: September 13, 2014, 10:29:40 pm »
It wasn't.

But if ever there was a definition of 'catalyst' then he is it.

Losing him will not affect us like losing Alonso, but it will take time, and we'll have to hope someone assumes the mantle, and sharpish.

You could argue that Raheem stepped up to the mantle during the run-in last season while Luis was still in the team, eclipsing the 'catalyst's' performances.

Offline Scott0908

• Kopite
« Reply #746 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:17 pm »
That was not good enough!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #747 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:35 pm »

It's so predictable. Pass it around a little bit and then whack it 50 yards from side to side, or straight out of play.

Without Sterling or Sturridge to run onto things the long ball tactic was never going to work. And when we kept it simple we were never penetrative and able to pull Villa about and were just so so easy to play against. Piss poor all round.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #748 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:39 pm »
What a bucket of shit that was.

We're going to have to figure out how to play against teams who sit ultra deep and look to hit us on the counter as after the hidings we handed last year most teams are going to try and do that at Anfield.  Don't expect too many teams to play a suicidal high line against us this year.

Villa probably wouldn't have been able to do that without the early goal but we really shot ourselves in the foot there.  Villa were only ever likely to score from a set piece and yet we go and give them a shedload of soft corners and free kicks in dangerous areas in the first half hour.  Our defending from set pieces was poor again but we'll have to put up with that for a while probably what with it being a virtually new back 4.

Positives?  None from the game really, but at least the Arse-Mansour City draw means we only really lost ground on Plastic Flag FC.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: September 13, 2014, 10:31:27 pm »
They looked like they were playing together for the first time ever, and none of them were fully match fit ;)

But then to me, it again begs the question why not go with what we know. Coutinho and Sterling either side of Balotelli. Lucas, Gerrard and Hendo CM. Then you've got five familiar players and one striker. The only thing I can think of is he underestimated Villa, but then I cant imagine he would considering we frequently draw or lose to them at home.

The sentiment I understand, although we both know it's bollocks. Brendan isn't going to send 3 'unfit' players out to lead the line.  ;)

The 'disjointed' side I fully agree, and mentioned it a few pages previously. ;)

Fuck the 'resting' of players, full strength side out please, every game. Those that are 'prone' to niggles, bring them off after an hour when the game is won, not bring them on at the hour when we need to rescue it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #750 on: September 13, 2014, 10:32:52 pm »
The sentiment I understand, although we both know it's bollocks. Brendan isn't going to send 3 'unfit' players out to lead the line.  ;)

Sharpness is probably a better word.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #751 on: September 13, 2014, 10:33:14 pm »
It's so predictable. Pass it around a little bit and then whack it 50 yards from side to side, or straight out of play.

Without Sterling or Sturridge to run onto things the long ball tactic was never going to work. And when we kept it simple we were never penetrative and able to pull Villa about and were just so so easy to play against. Piss poor all round.

Worst part about it was when Lovren joined in on the act late on as well. He did hit a very good one, but then proceeded to give it away every time he went long after that. At that point, you just knew we were out of ideas.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #752 on: September 13, 2014, 10:33:35 pm »
Not just down to him but his work rate and determination to penetrate upfront were contagious. We are still trying to adapt our game without him.
We will have to do it quickly if we want to maintain our top 4 ambitions.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: September 13, 2014, 10:34:21 pm »
You could argue that Raheem stepped up to the mantle during the run-in last season while Luis was still in the team, eclipsing the 'catalyst's' performances.

I had a convo with PoP during preseason, and we were both in agreement that he'd be the one that would step up.

Shame he was sub today......

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: September 13, 2014, 10:35:44 pm »
Naw we`ve been a cup team for too long, it`s getting boring. Time to go back winning leagues again.

I wouldn't call winning the Champions League or any trophy boring.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lee1970

• Anny Roader
« Reply #755 on: September 13, 2014, 10:36:23 pm »
Tend to agree.

At least we know we can count on you when (and if ) things get really tough!

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: September 13, 2014, 10:37:27 pm »
We look light in central midfield. Ideally we should have bought a world class central midfielder this summer. But unfortunately they arent that easy to find or available in case they are found. Just ask manchester united. Henderson is a monster but none of the others are particularly convincing right now. We are fine when we play gerrard henderson and allen but take one out and it sets alarm bells ringing.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: September 13, 2014, 10:37:40 pm »
Sharpness is probably a better word.

The 'word' is irrelevant pal. We rested players that should have played.

We changed the system, when we should have put in players to suit the diamond.

For that, Brendan is culpable, for the lacklustre display/performance, only the eleven on the pitch can be blamed.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: September 13, 2014, 10:38:19 pm »
Know we have to move on but didn't half miss Luis today, loved the guys dynamism and will to win.

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: September 13, 2014, 10:38:42 pm »
Yeah, you're right.

I'm just pulling that out of thin air. I haven't read any posts on here by people who did immediately watch the post-match interview. Just making stuff up.

I copied the quote from Jim Boardman.

Hardly a lie.