Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88103 times)

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #400 on: September 13, 2014, 07:59:39 pm »
The team looked like they had everything but were playing only 65% of their ability or something. There wasn't any team spirit, it felt like they couldn't be asked to try that extra percent to dominate the game.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #401 on: September 13, 2014, 07:59:46 pm »
would rather have rested Raheem on Tuesday than today if it was about not burning him out
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #402 on: September 13, 2014, 07:59:59 pm »
Rodgers moaning about transfer budget and saying he can't fault the players.

That's ridiculous.

What did he say?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:12 pm »
Just on my way home ,God that was depressing ,not seen us play that lethargic in a long long time.

Off now to find the only Villa fan I know so I can kick his fucking head in.

Lets hope we improve eh.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #404 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:13 pm »
I think we can all learn something here today....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtN1YnoL46Q?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MtN1YnoL46Q?fs=1</a>

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:25 pm »

That's ridiculous.

Odd comment with our activity this window.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:36 pm »

That's ridiculous.

What did he say about that? Turned Sly off within a nanosecond of the final whistle
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Red_Wings

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:51 pm »
Negatives:
- Can't play against team which park the bus
- Midfield was bits and pieces are not working together
- Couthino... one shot hit the post but wasn't anywhere near his usual standards
- Gerrard and Hendo playing alongside each other makes us way less dynamic! We'd normally have hendo running about, dragging players around and making runs behind too.
- No real runs behind them, when we did get wide hardly anyone in or not first to it... playing through the middle too much against a wall where no one makes the run!
- Sterling should of started and after we started winning, then take him off
- Mairo can't do much if he doesn't get the ball enough, had to move out wide to get it
- Played so slow at time, thought we're winning and running the clock down lol
- Bloody corners!
- Borni, yeah couldn't tell where he was at the end, hardly did anything. Least Lambert got the ball in space.

Positives:
- Lalana was alright, quick feet and good for first game back
- Hendo, must be learning from Stevie. Did some really nice long balls, you'd think it was stevie making those passes
- Almost scored... lol

Yeah I'm probably being critical as we lost, but really I felt we were so predictable and not enough of a threat. Stats would also say so, not point in passing it around in front of them.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:52 pm »
Finishing a Premier League game with Borini and Lambert on is a tad depressing.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:55 pm »
What did he say?

Rodgers: "We're competing on budgets of, you know, a third than some of the other teams that's up there."

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #410 on: September 13, 2014, 08:01:29 pm »
We played similar systems both times and it didn't work.
It is very difficult to play in this league, in 2014, with just 2 CMs. To do it you need very specific players, and we really don't have them. 3 in the middle and 2 up top is a tough equation to crack, but it is what got us flying last year when it worked.

Absolutely.   Defence isn't a problem if opposing teams park the bus after scoring the first goal.     From what I have seen the match, I couldn't understand that Mario was on his own at HOME.    Why not play Sterling, Borini, Lambert, Markovic along with Mario?    Why not play 3-5-2?

Did Liverpool solve a break-the-bus problem before?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2014, 08:01:29 pm »
Rodgers: "We're competing on budgets of, you know, a third than some of the other teams that's up there."

Odd, odd thing to say.

Offline GoodKopBadKop

• Main Stander
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2014, 08:01:42 pm »
From the outset it reeked of "we have one eye on tuesday" to me and whilst for a fan thats understandable for the team it is not, Sterling should have started no question this was always going to be a harder game than Tuesday night, thought Coutinho was the only one who looked like doing something, Markovic was poor and Lovren is worrying me, its early days but his positioning for some of the goals we are conceding is terrible, and we got away with others he was also at fault for, jurys very much out on him for me.

But i see this as no more than a blip, we were missing our two best players and were bedding in a lot of new lads ll at once, we will get top 4.

Offline Ibelieve

• in Father Xmas, and Man United. Shows no belief in our club though.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »
Rodgers showed his naivety again.

Throwing in Markovic, Lallana in when he should have started Sterling and Lucas instead. Speaking of Lucas, not sure what the lad has done to not even make the bench.

Offline Lee1970

• Anny Roader
« Reply #414 on: September 13, 2014, 08:02:15 pm »
Those 3 players - assuming you mean Markovich, Llallana and balotelli cost 63m quid though lad, the same thereabouts as Suarez was sold, shouldn't they be up to the job?

Offline wesralph84

• Main Stander
« Reply #415 on: September 13, 2014, 08:02:27 pm »
Really bad performance today but it wasn't much better against Southampton.  Players were brought in to unlock defences like this and they haven't done anything yet.  Balotelli was awful and the contrast to Suarez is huge.  £40 million on new creative midfielders in the summer and not 1 clear cut chance was created by them today.

The defence has the same issues as last season despite £50 mil being spent on it over the last year including Sakho, is it time to question coaching methods instead of the players as it's always set plays that are the issue?

From what I've seen so far this season I'm worried top 4 will be a real struggle. This isn't an isolated performance especially at home.  The crowd is always flat which can't help and we've turned into one of the quietist grounds in the league, it'll be interesting to see if champions league nights are what they use to be and if the atmosphere can transfer to league games.

Offline redStuckinBrazil

• Main Stander
  • red and white kop
« Reply #416 on: September 13, 2014, 08:02:27 pm »
I think it's time we start look for alternatives to Gerrard, we're too predictable with him in there. I know to some people it is a crime to suggest this but i think it is a correct assessment.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: September 13, 2014, 08:02:31 pm »
Said that were competing on budgets a third of our competitors. Rafa back anyone? That fucking infuriates me.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #418 on: September 13, 2014, 08:02:47 pm »
Finishing a Premier League game with Borini and Lambert on is a tad depressing.
Extremely odd comment that.

Lambert was fantastic when he came on and made a real difference I thought. Held the ball up well and brought runners into play. Would like to see him up front with Mario, ahead of Sterling in our next Prem game.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #419 on: September 13, 2014, 08:02:54 pm »
We were poor today, but fucking Roy fucking Hodgson should be held accountable for injuring Daniel:no. That owl faced c*nt still fucks us when he's gone. I am so angry at that man!

As much as Hodgson is a twat, we need to learn how to deal with things like that and still be able to win at the weekend. Hodgson is only so much to blame for this result.

Offline Hightown

• The Bluenose Zapruder. WUMming without WUMming? Now posting without posting.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Evertonian
« Reply #420 on: September 13, 2014, 08:02:58 pm »
We have to learn how to deal with these games in a short space of time and quick. Because we aren't going to get a week to prepare for them like last season.

Also mate after last season, you have shown the last two visits and Chelsea as well how to counter your threats at home, those pummeling of us and Arsenal as well must have made some managers realize the way to nullify you - at least i hope we sit back in the derby and look to counter - can save the trying to 'outplay' you for the reverse fixture IMO

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #421 on: September 13, 2014, 08:03:23 pm »
Said that were competing on budgets a third of our competitors. Rafa back anyone? That fucking infuriates me.

Are you serious? Granted it's an incredibly odd thing to say, but still..  :o

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: September 13, 2014, 08:03:40 pm »
Odd, odd thing to say.

Just increased the wage bill I'd bet, and spent 30m or so, so yeah, very weird comment.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: September 13, 2014, 08:03:56 pm »
Ok. Time for positives: we had 4 points last season from the same fixtures.

Offline Hightown

• Legacy Fan
  • Evertonian
« Reply #424 on: September 13, 2014, 08:03:57 pm »
As much as Hodgson is a twat, we need to learn how to deal with things like that and still be able to win at the weekend. Hodgson is only so much to blame for this result.

If you can't cope without 1 player then it's gonna be a long hard season mate, same goes for any team in the top 7 who can cite that - Arsenal last year for example

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: September 13, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »

Why are you talking about Rafa?

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: September 13, 2014, 08:04:34 pm »

Doesn't really wash does it? Everyone knows we're not Chelsea or City but equally we've spent far more than most in the league. If anything too many new faces was the problem today.

One of them anyway.

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #427 on: September 13, 2014, 08:04:35 pm »
Without going on a moan, that was very poor.
Mint-Berry Crunch!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: September 13, 2014, 08:04:39 pm »

We saw a Lallana Cryuff turn!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #429 on: September 13, 2014, 08:04:48 pm »
Calm down folks.  This was a perfect storm.

It takes time for new players to build a level of cohesion for our style of play.  We were forced to play more of them at once than ideal.  Sturridge and Allen were injured.  Sterling needed to be rested.

Most of the squad had been away for international duty so the preparation time was limited.

Villa on the other hand had hardly any players away.  They had nothing to lose as they've got points in the bag.  They played to their strengths and benefitted from our lack of sharpness.

In these kind of games, I always hope for a ref who will clamp down on the dirty stuff.  There were too few yellows for my liking as villa were late into tackles and deliberately broke play down with fouls which should be punished with a card.  That being said, I often feel like that against these sort of teams.  They get away with it all the time.

Let's hope villa can do the same to some of the other big teams.

Offline Hightown

• Legacy Fan
  • Evertonian
« Reply #430 on: September 13, 2014, 08:04:56 pm »

Counter point, the first 4 games last season = 10 points

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: September 13, 2014, 08:04:59 pm »
Are you serious? Granted it's an incredibly odd thing to say, but still..  :o

No what I mean is, Rodgers had come in and had a very comfortable budget. Compared to rafa, i.e do we not remeber what rafa had to get out of the last regime.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #432 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:05 pm »
That comment isn't like him. Cannot blame the behind the scenes for this. Performance and tactics were awful today!
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:12 pm »
You could tell from the first 10 minutes of the game that is was 'one of them'.

Henderson too deep to press too. I can't believe we had like 1 or 2 shots against that side. Also fair play to Cleverley he was very tidy.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #434 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:14 pm »
Just on the way back from the game. Really poor performance, again against Villa.

The football of last season seems a long time ago now, as today was so slow at times.

Not much more to say at this point, just have to move on to the next one. I will say that 1 great and 1 good performance in the first 4 games is not ideal. No point going and battering Spurs if we then lose to Villa.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:48 pm »
I think we can all learn something here today....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MtN1YnoL46Q?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MtN1YnoL46Q?fs=1</a>
Hahaha I was feeling fucking psychotic here and that has brought a smile to my face ,so thanks Titi :D

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:48 pm »
Also mate after last season, you have shown the last two visits and Chelsea as well how to counter your threats at home, those pummeling of us and Arsenal as well must have made some managers realize the way to nullify you - at least i hope we sit back in the derby and look to counter - can save the trying to 'outplay' you for the reverse fixture IMO
Teams were trying to do it last year as well. It's not like Hull, Newcastle, Cardiff, West Ham, Norwich, etc. came to Anfield to try and play an open game.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #437 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:59 pm »
Every time we play something other than the diamond we see the return of sterile domination where we have all of the play and none of the penetration and Henderson in a deep position is a waste.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: September 13, 2014, 08:06:02 pm »
Said that were competing on budgets a third of our competitors.

Really? Will check it later but wow. We really shouldn't be complaining about finances after this summer's window.

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #439 on: September 13, 2014, 08:06:31 pm »
Didn't hear rodgers complain about transfer budget but he would have every right to. We spent about 30 million net and sold a world class striker.

That's clear intent from the owners that they want to be the new arsenal.