Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88112 times)

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2014, 08:57:50 pm »
Only ourselves to blame today. We couldn't find the space to get at 'em, shame really. He seems to have a real game plan against us, don't know how but he just gets at us. How we couldn't break down that defence is beyond me. We'll move on :P

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2014, 08:59:21 pm »
As well as everything attacking wise we really miss how Suarez would tear around as the first man to get the ball back... Really set the tempo for every other player which we just dont have now & periods of the game now easily get flat. Watching Alexis earlier he would have been perfect in this regard.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2014, 09:00:57 pm »
He is not better but he does create goals. Did that a lot in La Liga for a very poor team with very poor forward. So surely he has a good chance of delivering with better strikers in front of him in a close match. Just think that he could offer something different in this game, especially with Coutinho bit out of form and return late from international duty.
The problem wasn't creativity per se, the problem was there was no one to create for, no movement between the lines, no one breaking from behind, nothing. We were totally static and blunt, and Suso, as good as he can be, wouldn't have change things too much on this scenario.

Offline We Go Again

• Boys Pen
« Reply #603 on: September 13, 2014, 09:01:08 pm »
We looked tired and leggy today.  Having to play Champions League is having a detrimental effect.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #604 on: September 13, 2014, 09:02:11 pm »
As well as everything attacking wise we really miss how Suarez would tear around as the first man to get the ball back... Really set the tempo for every other player which we just dont have now & periods of the game now easily get flat. Watching Alexis earlier he would have been perfect in this regard.

Said it earlier, if you're playing badly as a team then the first requirement is to work harder. Saw none of that today, apart from Hendo, and that's fucking disappointing given how many were making their Anfield debuts.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #605 on: September 13, 2014, 09:02:47 pm »
Poor in the extreme. No point analysing as it was all poor.

Give credit to VIlla,  forget and move on.

:thumbup

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #606 on: September 13, 2014, 09:02:49 pm »
Having to play Champions League is having a detrimental effect.

Must be bad seeing as we haven't played a game yet.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: September 13, 2014, 09:03:54 pm »
We looked tired and leggy today.  Having to play Champions League is having a detrimental effect.

Offline wozzer

• Main Stander
« Reply #608 on: September 13, 2014, 09:04:21 pm »
Terrible decision to only allow Villa fans in the ground.
really ,

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
« Reply #609 on: September 13, 2014, 09:04:31 pm »
If a team is struggling then the first thing any player has to do is work hard. Who worked hard today? Henderson, full stop.

We had far too many lethargic, lazy players out there today. Totally unacceptable. Very little movement off the ball from players up field hence the 70 odd thousand back/square passes. Villa's movement, tackling, passing and closing down was far better than ours, they put us to shame today with their work ethic. I hope big lessons are learned from today, that's two poor performances on the bounce at Anfield. We should be buzzing at the start of a new season, not struggling and having to play catch-up so soon on Chelsea who find themselves 6 points ahead of us already after only four games.

Barring injuries, I wonder what the odds are
on Costa creating new Premiership goal scoring record. The man is a goal scoring machine.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:11:14 pm by Billy Lidl »

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #610 on: September 13, 2014, 09:05:23 pm »
We'll just have to win the Champions League then. Done.

Naw we`ve been a cup team for too long, it`s getting boring. Time to go back winning leagues again.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #611 on: September 13, 2014, 09:05:40 pm »
Said it earlier, if you're playing badly as a team then the first requirement is to work harder. Saw none of that today, apart from Hendo, and that's fucking disappointing given how many were making their Anfield debuts.

Thought the attitude wasn't right today either. Whether players were just a bit leggy after the internationals or some of them were holding back a bit because they want to be o.k to play on Tuesday, I don't know. Either way it was an unacceptable performance.

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
« Reply #612 on: September 13, 2014, 09:05:45 pm »
Balotelli moves less than Lambert! His lack of effort to get into spaces and get behind the defense majorly contributed to our static forward line today and why we had minimal penetration. Complete contrast to how someone like Sturridge plays and really disappointing to see.

I know Senderos was being a dick but too often he was just moping around expecting the ball to be passed straight to his feet and then doing nothing with it. Needs to up his game if he wants to keep his spot in the side!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: September 13, 2014, 09:06:53 pm »

I sense a disturbance in the Force.

Offline wozzer

• Main Stander
« Reply #614 on: September 13, 2014, 09:07:08 pm »
As brilliant as he has been and Liverpool have been under him, I think Brendan has some work to do in figuring out games like this. It didn't help that those on the pitch seemed to be lacking in energy and ideas today, but we also have to accept that although the squad is stronger there are quite a few new players and it will take a bit of time for them to gel.
BAD DAY AT OFFICE. NO NEED TO PANIC.
this is exactly where we are

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #615 on: September 13, 2014, 09:07:21 pm »
Can someone tell me the hype behind Balotelli? Apart from one month in Euro 2012, what has he shown to be so hyped up like he has been? He's shown nothing special in league football - apart from half a season in a sub standard league.

He reminds me of Beckham. Just a name with no substance behind it.

Honestly he's like an overhyped lesser version of Benteke. Benteke at least uses his physical strength to better use too, and has some fire inside him when he is out on the pitch. Balotelli is just so nonchalant in the way he plays. Incredibly frustrating.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: September 13, 2014, 09:07:28 pm »
I'm not sure any of our strikers can play up top alone...

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: September 13, 2014, 09:07:49 pm »
Please no 2 man midfield

Thank-you

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2014, 09:08:01 pm »
Calm down folks.  This was a perfect storm.
It takes time for new players to build a level of cohesion for our style of play.  We were forced to play more of them at once than ideal.  Sturridge and Allen were injured.  Sterling needed to be rested.
Most of the squad had been away for international duty so the preparation time was limited.
Villa on the other hand had hardly any players away.  They had nothing to lose as they've got points in the bag.  They played to their strengths and benefitted from our lack of sharpness.
In these kind of games, I always hope for a ref who will clamp down on the dirty stuff.  There were too few yellows for my liking as villa were late into tackles and deliberately broke play down with fouls which should be punished with a card.  That being said, I often feel like that against these sort of teams.  They get away with it all the time.
Let's hope villa can do the same to some of the other big teams.
You know I love your posts mate, and I could look at your post and easily agree with every word. Indeed I nearly posted at the beginning of the season a reminder for people to stop fucking moaning if teams come and defend well. It will happen, teams will park the bus as part of a good football strategy when away to a Liverpool team that has destroyed sides. But do players forget how to move when they are on international duty?

Offline monkeynuts

• Main Stander
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2014, 09:09:51 pm »
Full credit to Villa. Get an early goal then hit us on the counter.
No bus involved just good tactics.
God knows we have done this before especially in Europe.

Controlled the game but yet again a poor defensive decision was made payed. Poor decision in their third shows how much we miss 'that spark'.

That spark will come.

We Are Liverpool.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2014, 09:11:32 pm »
Balotelli moves less than Lambert! His lack of effort to get into spaces and get behind the defense majorly contributed to our static forward line today and why we had minimal penetration. Complete contrast to how someone like Sturridge plays and really disappointing to see.

Get used to it.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: September 13, 2014, 09:12:05 pm »
Awful performance, awful result. That's football though, every team has them. Thankfully we've a fucking brilliant manager, we'll bounce back immediately.

Offline THE7KING

• Main Stander
« Reply #622 on: September 13, 2014, 09:13:18 pm »
The 4-2-3-1 formation really doesn't work for us and the key problem is Gerrard and Hendo as the DM's there passing is to slow and predictable which kills our tempo.

Gerrard is Gerrard a legend and a player getting better in the 1-2 midfield and Hendo is our Vidal/Pogba brilliant box to box but playing him in the 2 sitters kills his game which hurt us as a team.

We need to stick with the diamond and maybe 4-3-3 as it seems where signed players for that formation but today's performance was dreadful it really was

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: September 13, 2014, 09:13:28 pm »
I'm just catching up, if a Mod has already said calm down and stop swearing at each other I'm saying now. Ta.

Offline We Go Again

• Boys Pen
« Reply #624 on: September 13, 2014, 09:13:40 pm »
Must be bad seeing as we haven't played a game yet.

We are preparing for a game though.  It must be in the back of a few of the new lads minds, playing in the competition we take great pride in as a club.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: September 13, 2014, 09:15:05 pm »
Can someone tell me the hype behind Balotelli? Apart from one month in Euro 2012, what has he shown to be so hyped up like he has been? He's shown nothing special in league football - apart from half a season in a sub standard league.

Honestly he's like an overhyped lesser version of Benteke. Benteke at least uses his physical strength to better use too, and has some fire inside him when he is out on the pitch. Balotelli is just so nonchalant in the way he plays. Incredibly frustrating.

I've always said he was the most overrated player since Beckham.

If his profile was different and hadn't made a name for himself for being a looney, then no-one would notice or talk about him.

I just don't see the "could be a world beater if he gets his head right" talent that everyone bangs on about. He's clumsy, lacks vision, isn't a fighter, has inconsistent finishing, an inconsistent touch and doesn't work nearly as hard as he should.

He's a poor man's Daniel Sturridge in terms of ability and doesn't have 10% of Sturridge's hunger to maximise his talent.

I'm obviously exepected to sing a different tune now that he's a Red, but there you go. That's what I've always felt about him and said as much as soon as he was linked with us.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #626 on: September 13, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »
Yet we want to finish in the Top 4 to play..... CL football. And I'm not even mentioning the fact we haven't played a single game yet.
You're having a stormer of a first post. 

Offline Just Dan

• cing on the precipice - it's a long way, Dan!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: September 13, 2014, 09:16:23 pm »
I hope the manager doesn't keep on about other teams spending if/when we get beat. We spent money ourselves. Yes we made it, but we spent. No fucker was talking about money when we was racking all them wins up in a row last season and looking very likely to win the thing. Lets just give credit where credit is due for once. Aston Villa beat us at chess at home again. It is what it is. Its not their business to do it in this fashion or that. For them its about doing what they have to do against us and they done it. Again.

"Low block" "Sat back" all you like.

They won 0-1. We had plenty of time to change that in game and? ....... We didn't.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: September 13, 2014, 09:17:27 pm »

Always been a fan of Mario but what you want is just not his game! He now scores his goals in the 6 yard box, pens or when lazy & just smashes it. Was more dynamic & liked running wider in his younger years but not now.

Offline TheUSSR

• Anny Roader
  • Trotyovskyi, CCCP GangWarfare, TSAR
« Reply #629 on: September 13, 2014, 09:18:18 pm »
Can see why RAWK Meltdown twitter accounts are created after the posts in here.
Lazar Marković, Čačak, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

Offline Hightown

• The Bluenose Zapruder. WUMming without WUMming? Now posting without posting.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Evertonian
« Reply #630 on: September 13, 2014, 09:18:40 pm »

If his profile was different and hadn't made a name for himself for being a looney, then no-one would notice or talk about him.

I just don't see the "could be a world beater if he gets his head right" talent that everyone bangs on about. He's clumsy, lacks vision, isn't a fighter, has inconsistent finishing, an inconsistent touch and doesn't work nearly as hard as he should.

He's a poor man's Daniel Sturridge in terms of ability and doesn't have 10% of Sturridge's hunger to maximise his talent.

I'm obviously exepected to sing a different tune now that he's a Red, but there you go. That's what I've always felt about him and said as much as soon as he was linked with us.

Balotelli IMO is one of those players that frustrates mate, can have a game when he looks world class, or score a belter, then have games when he looks not arsed, given the quality of manager he has worked under before it's hard to imagine him suddenly changing, the best to hope for is when called upon he has those 'up' games

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #631 on: September 13, 2014, 09:19:15 pm »

You know fuck all you are a waste of ink
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #632 on: September 13, 2014, 09:19:20 pm »
Always been a fan of Mario but what you want is just not his game! He now scores his goals in the 6 yard box, pens or when lazy & just smashes it. Was more dynamic & liked running wider in his younger years but not now.

Fucking hell, how old is he? 25? Going on that today I'd start Lambert on Tuesday with Borini on the bench.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: September 13, 2014, 09:20:09 pm »
Can we at least give Mario more than just a game and a half before we start tearing him a new one?

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #634 on: September 13, 2014, 09:20:19 pm »

Well said.

I personally think my lesser version of Benteke makes sense. They have a similar look to them when they play, but Benteke has at least proven himself with 20 goals in this league. Benteke is much more of a handful too. Far more dynamic and powerful.

Not that i rate Benteke that much, but when i watch Balotelli, i just see an overhyped lesser copy of Benteke.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: September 13, 2014, 09:20:21 pm »

Correct. Even Inzaghi commented on it recently (not critical, just an observation when asked about the style of Torres) that Balotelli wants ball in to feet, Torres attacks the spaces.

I'm sure many are waiting with clever comments on Torres, but Nando moved the same in his prime for us as well, fantastic at finding spaces.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: September 13, 2014, 09:20:58 pm »
Thought the attitude wasn't right today either. Whether players were just a bit leggy after the internationals or some of them were holding back a bit because they want to be o.k to play on Tuesday, I don't know. Either way it was an unacceptable performance.

We just can't break down well organised hit and run sides, it really is that simple.

I don't see why there's som many with knickers in a twist.

If Villa had come to play football we'd have gashed them.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline THE7KING

• Main Stander
« Reply #637 on: September 13, 2014, 09:21:03 pm »
You know fuck all you are a waste of ink

What did he have to work with the passing was terrible today we created nothing

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: September 13, 2014, 09:21:36 pm »
Did anyone really expect to really win the league? going upon the expectation thread....top 4 cup comps, possible win and doing well in the Euro Cup was the consensus!

We'll survive....we're Liverpool!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #639 on: September 13, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »
Poor from Rodgers to bemoan budget considering how much money Liverpool have spent over the years (continued under his tenure).

Just give Villa the deserved credit and move on.