Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88106 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #560 on: September 13, 2014, 08:40:12 pm »
Haha mate, that you are, we weren't anything special ourselves today, just ground out a result thanks in part to West Brom suicidal defending like.

Stones being back, Lukaku netting a beauty - and a clean sheet was encouraging though
Might need fleshing out a touch that!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #561 on: September 13, 2014, 08:40:43 pm »
I said it before but, I think Brendan is going to have to quickly learn how to get his team prepared for an opponent within a couple of days instead of a week. That is going to be his biggest challenge for both him and ourselves this season.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: September 13, 2014, 08:40:53 pm »
Villa also showed the benefit of playing 4 physically solid defenders; the tendency with possession teams is to go for football fullbacks who usually are  on the shorter side - you look at Villa's line of Hutton - Baker? - Senderos - Cissokho all of whom were strong in the air, alright on the ball and had pace (well fbs more than cbs): ended up being such a tough nut to crack, dealt with everything we had at our less than imperious best comfortably, bar 2 or 3 chances, Coutinho coming closest with a long shot.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: September 13, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »
A defeat. Shit happens. Move on.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: September 13, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »
And the wages...
What Rodgers said is actually accurate, just lacks any relevance to today's game.
Pretty much. 

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: September 13, 2014, 08:42:16 pm »
Upinsmoke made a flippant comment, just like Brendan did, both probably regret it.

Prolonging the remarks won't make it go away.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #566 on: September 13, 2014, 08:42:47 pm »
Pretty disjointed performance. We looked like a team that hasn't played much together in Rodgers' system and lost patience in the final third. Similar to 2012/2013. We will be all right, but I think we have to accept this squad will take some time to gel. We have to put the title out of our minds for the time being. Top four will be an achievement with all the new faces.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: September 13, 2014, 08:43:03 pm »
We really shouldn't be losing to shite teams at home. No excuses, not budgets or too many new players. It's Aston villa, they'll be fighting relegation by the end of the season. Lambert plays the same fucking cards every season and we fall for it every season, I don't know what Brendan was expecting today.

The lack of movement up front compared to last season depressed me today. A few more beers and it will all be forgotten.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #568 on: September 13, 2014, 08:43:14 pm »
Villa also showed the benefit of playing 4 physically solid defenders; the tendency with possession teams is to go for football fullbacks who usually are  on the shorter side - you look at Villa's line of Hutton - Baker? - Senderos - Cissokho all of whom were strong in the air, alright on the ball and had pace (well fbs more than cbs): ended up being such a tough nut to crack, dealt with everything we had at our less than imperious best comfortably, bar 2 or 3 chances, Coutinho coming closest with a long shot.

And for some bizarre reason we still insisted in whipping the crosses in for The villa back 4 to comfortably clear their lines. Just odd tactics overall.

Offline Hightown

• The Bluenose Zapruder. WUMming without WUMming? Now posting without posting.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Evertonian
« Reply #569 on: September 13, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »
Might need fleshing out a touch that!

Not really mate, we've been actually very good going forward this season before today, just making massive errors at the back, today we looked pretty poor but cut out the mistakes - for the most part, but honestly was the worst attacking display from us by a way this year, just the back 5 played well and we woke up second half

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2014, 08:44:01 pm »
What a complete dogsarse of a game / performance.....that's 3 seasons on the row now that Lambert (...Lambert....Paul Lambert) has made Rogers look like a clueless amateur........hopefully that was just (another) one of those games...

twat of a day all round really...Bitters winning away and Chelsea steaming it / Costa taking the piss out of the premier league....MOTD and radio/papers all fucked now....fully expect Falcao and Di Maria to both grab hat-tricks tomorrow just to round off this shitty weekend...convinced of it

I'm off to immerse myself in music and films until I go back to work on Monday....footy can fuck rarr off

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #571 on: September 13, 2014, 08:44:21 pm »
I know Hodgson is a twat, but Allen's injury had nothing to do with him.

Also we aren't the only side to of lost key players after an international break. We have a big enough squad now and we should've had more than enough quality to beat a poor Villa side imo. It's no excuse for me. Brendan got the selection, formation and the tactics wrong today and that's the top and bottom of it.
They weren't linked my two points, obviously the Hodgson comment is in relation to Sturridge and that's very frustrating as we really missed him.

Allen though was a big miss there today, I'm convinced if he was fit(or Can for that matter) then we wouldn't have resorted to using that disastrous 4231.

That formation really takes so much away for Henderson's game too. I know we changed it a bit in the second half but that first half was grim.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #572 on: September 13, 2014, 08:45:47 pm »
Ahh you speak for the entire RAWK mate, sorry must have missed that memo, and Christ can you be any more sensitive, i pointed out net spend this season in response to people quoting Rodgers citing not having the money of the others

and errr why would i go Bluekipper mate it's been dead for ages and was awful at the best of times, GOT baby ;)

You're an Evertonian on a Liverpool fans site after we've lost at home. On a Saturday night. Go and have a wank or something.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: September 13, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »
So many fannies on here...

...we just lost to a well organised and disciplined team that got it right against us.  Yeah we could have played a different starting XI, could have defended better for their goal, could have had more urgency etc etc etc, but it just didn't happen for us tonight.

The focus should be about getting it right next time and not repeating similar mistakes, not fuckin talkin about bringing back Rafa, accusing Lovren of being a worse buy than Carroll or arguing about BR's comments about finances (which I presume were just a way of deflecting away from a very poor performance).

Just got home from the match, bit dispirited but this sums it up.

Sometimes it's not your day, sometimes teams have a bit of a hex on you, sometimes little things can make or break a game. Their goal was so spawny, it practically trickled over the line in slow motion. We had lots of new players that obviously are not fully integrated yet. No need for epic toy/pram/baby/bathwater throwing is there.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #574 on: September 13, 2014, 08:46:37 pm »
I woukd put today more down to how good Villa were.

Absolutely brilliant in rushing us and closing down space and cutting out the attacking lines

Best defensive team I have seen at Anfield in a long time along with Chelsea last season
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #575 on: September 13, 2014, 08:47:27 pm »
Wouldn't worry about the budget talk. If you listen to it, its in relation to having your best players available - specifically Sturridge.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: September 13, 2014, 08:47:48 pm »
You're an Evertonian on a Liverpool fans site after we've lost at home. On a Saturday night. Go and have a wank or something.

Give him a break mate. He's not that bad for a blue.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: September 13, 2014, 08:47:49 pm »

Absolutely brilliant in rushing us and closing down space and cutting out the attacking lines

Best defensive team I have seen at Anfield in a long time along with Chelsea last season
Kept their shape very well, and we were unable to break through.  They're decent this season.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: September 13, 2014, 08:48:15 pm »
Wouldn't worry about the budget talk. If you listen to it, its in relation to having your best players available - specifically Sturridge.
No, we should knee jerk so hard we hit ourselves in the face.  And ask for Rafa back...

Offline Hightown

• Legacy Fan
  • Evertonian
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2014, 08:48:32 pm »

Just on here whilst watching the madrid derby mate, don't be so precious, will be on here after you win as well yanno ;)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #580 on: September 13, 2014, 08:48:37 pm »
Let's not forget we tend to start slowly under Rodgers. Southampton, City, Spurs and Villa is not an easy set of fixtures to begin with. We need games to gel on all parts of the pitch. We'll be fine, it might just take a little longer than we'd like.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: September 13, 2014, 08:48:40 pm »
A defeat. Shit happens. Move on.
Absolutely mate.

I took a speed reading course where you run your finger down the middle of the page and was able to read 'War and Peace' in twenty minutes. It's about Russia.
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: September 13, 2014, 08:49:04 pm »

Because it's their natural gameplan.

Brendans biggest mistake was playing what we'd consider a disjointed side. The only way to beat a well executed intelligent pressing team is quick passing, which generally comes through regularity of playing together.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: September 13, 2014, 08:49:21 pm »
Upinsmoke made a flippant comment, just like Brendan did, both probably regret it.

Prolonging the remarks won't make it go away.

It's not even that, construe it however you want, but on both counts I don't think anyone would want us to go back to the days of not having no money,who ever the manager was. That was a cheap shot, maybe mine was too. But you don't do that considering our recent history and everything we lost and almost ended up losing the one thing we love the most.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: September 13, 2014, 08:49:21 pm »
Why couldn't Sterling have started today,played for an hour or so or whatever,then rested Tues.....?

You're not advocating resting Sterling on his first opportunity to play CL football as a first team regular and pretty much star of the team at the minute?

Madness.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: September 13, 2014, 08:49:49 pm »
our attack was with players that never played a game together before, not in any combination
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Hightown

• Legacy Fan
  • Evertonian
« Reply #586 on: September 13, 2014, 08:50:00 pm »
Give him a break mate. He's not that bad for a blue.

Cheers mate, still dreading the derby at times like, just KNOW that Sturridge will make a recovery in time like

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #587 on: September 13, 2014, 08:50:06 pm »
Similar to Southampton last season.

We just need to turn it round now, and move on. We were a bit spoilt at the end of last season with the massive win streak, we will drop more points, just need to make sure it's not too many!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline skrtel1983

• Boys Pen
« Reply #588 on: September 13, 2014, 08:51:57 pm »
lack of creativity is our problem once villa got there goal never looked like scoring.
Defence needs to sort its self out mistakes we make every week are same shite .
its over now we move on Tuesday and champions league but must play at way higher tempo

Offline RedHands

• Main Stander
« Reply #589 on: September 13, 2014, 08:52:16 pm »
Villa are a bunch of thugs and Roy Keane is a d*ck bag. I'm sure he told his defenders to target Mario Balotelli before the game. Shocking. Senderos should see a few game ban for his off the ball kick on Balotelli.

That being said, we were bad. We had no creativity whatsoever. Every time we play 4-3-3 we look utterly lost. I think we would have been better served to play the diamond with Lambert and Balotelli up top. I think we really missed little Joe Allen today.

Not pleased with BR today. Way too many changes from our usual starting 11. We looked nervous and we lacked leadership out there today. We have got to play smarter vs. Villa. They love it when we have the ball and just try to pump balls in the box. We needed to try to draw them out today and then hit them when they are vulnerable. We looked too slow on the ball today. It has to be faster or it's going to rough going against the bus parkers of the league.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #590 on: September 13, 2014, 08:52:24 pm »
I didn't watch the match but reading these comments it seems we played absolutely shit. This is definitely a huge set back but we gotta move on and focus on Ludo.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #591 on: September 13, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »
Because it's their natural gameplan.

Brendans biggest mistake was playing what we'd consider a disjointed side. The only way to beat a well executed intelligent pressing team is quick passing, which generally comes through regularity of playing together.

I think our midfield setup was with last years game in mind when gerrard got run every where, hence why we had Henderson in a deeper role. We conceded a crappy goal and the game played more and more into their hands.

There really isn't a lot you can do when a team is that up for a game and that well organised - City lost to chelsea like that last season and Chelsea lost to villa like that.

It happens we move on
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: September 13, 2014, 08:53:25 pm »
It would be easy for me to say there were many new faces trying to gel at once, but I'd be kidding myself and out of respect to the other 45,000 frustrated attendees it would be wrong of me to try to.

I wouldn't say anyone in red played shite, they simply didn't meet the expectations I had as the team was announced. My thoughts then were what a great attacking side this is. To attack we tried, at times, but to penetrate we failed miserably. I'm certain that when Manquillo & Markovic watch the game again they'll wonder why they didn't inter-link to exploit some space down the right, particularly in the first half. Footballers shouldn't have to play together for several weeks to be making runs in to space, it should come naturally.

Much of the passing was the wrong one at the wrong time or too long for someone to get on the end of. However, some of SG's passing was quite exquisite. Other than that its difficult to praise anyone so out of a disappointing group of 6/10 I'd give Lovren motm (again).

Villa had a great Saturday afternoon, the ref Lee Mason didn't - the man is a prick.

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #593 on: September 13, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »
I said it before but, I think Brendan is going to have to quickly learn how to get his team prepared for an opponent within a couple of days instead of a week. That is going to be his biggest challenge for both him and ourselves this season.

Also this being a Champions league season made the first four games more important. The two early losses leave less room for slip ups following CL games.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline laximaginationzzz

• Kopite
« Reply #594 on: September 13, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »
I didn't watch the match but reading these comments it seems we played absolutely shit. This is definitely a huge set back but we gotta move on and focus on Ludo.
Be grateful you didn't mate. Absolutely woeful, contender for being our worst under BR.
LFC. YNWA. JFT96.

Offline NetSpend

• Main Stander
« Reply #595 on: September 13, 2014, 08:54:30 pm »
Fuck off....

It's actually insulting to blame funds, after all we've been through as a club it's disrespectful, considering we fought to get the last owners out, yep with Rafa. So if your gonna take cheap shots at these owners then I wish rafa got the chance with a fucking 25, 30, 30 net spend yeah.

That's not to say sack Rodgers ya bellend its to point out that if rafa had a budget like we have over the past few seasons then we'd of probably never been out the CL for five seasons.

I think you made a fair point. Him calling you a "fucking tool" is more a reflection on his inability to debate the point than it is on how big a tool you may or may not be. Just seems like a childish way to try to shut down the argument on his part.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #596 on: September 13, 2014, 08:54:45 pm »
Poor in the extreme. No point analysing as it was all poor.

Give credit to VIlla,  forget and move on.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: September 13, 2014, 08:54:48 pm »
You're not advocating resting Sterling on his first opportunity to play CL football as a first team regular and pretty much star of the team at the minute?

Madness.e

I don't think starting Sterling would've made that much of a difference today anyway. We were missing Allen(who has been excellent) and the formation was wrong. We also had a new defence which quite clearly needs working on in open play and set pieces. We also had players in the side that have had little or no game time since pre-season either. Add all that together and it really is no surprise why we struggled.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: September 13, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »
Also this being a Champions league season made the first four games more important. The two early losses leave less room for slip ups following CL games.

We'll just have to win the Champions League then. Done.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline sandwichescorner

• Main Stander
  • Don't believe in having heroes. Dalglish, though.
« Reply #599 on: September 13, 2014, 08:56:01 pm »
Budget comments should be taken with a pinch of salt I think, more BR trying to deflect flak from some very flat performances out there, and from his own selection error in starting too many new faces together in this kind of game.

All for giving Sterling a rest but should have been on at half time. Markovic will be useful but not a starter at all right now, fair enough as he's taking a big step up. Of the newer players actually thought the 2 FBs did ok, already feel like not just the future but the present when compared to Johnson and Enrique.

Villa got a shit goal and soaked up well for 80 mins against some players with gelling to do. Awful to watch and disappointing but CL next, confident it's just growing pains. And anyone moaning about top 4 at this stage needs to get a hold of themselves and look at where we are now compared to not so long ago (besides which I think we'll be in there, prob behind the oil clubs).