Author Topic: Job or love ... Please help me  (Read 11822 times)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: Job or love ... Please help me
« Reply #120 on: April 7, 2015, 04:10:45 pm »
For anyone that may be interested, I accepted the contract down south and it worked out well. I have just come back from vacation and got a contract transfer to New York (at least for a few months)! It's hard work and New York is a pretty grimy, cold place right now but growing on me. I made it here! My other half and I are doing well - it put our relationship under a test and we did pretty well.

Thanks to all for your help and advice around the time. It really helped me.

Good on you mate.  These choices are hard, I moved to the U.S - 8 years ago, leaving a good career in the RAF for that 'love thing' and despite some pretty tough, lonely times in the early years it has worked out fantstically well.

All the best.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 8, 2015, 01:59:51 pm »
bollocks

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2023, 10:42:55 am »
For anyone interested in how this panned out ...
Spoke with my other half and she was extremely upset as expected, but she has now come round and is supporting me in accepting the contract, knowing that I will be heading to NYC at the first opportunity. Also spoke with her parents too, and they agree that making decision with the best net effect for our future is the right thing to do. We both feel happier now and ready to accept the challenges that lie ahead.
Thanks again to everyone for helping me get through this.
Glad to hear that, mate. Seemed like all good. Not sure about other people but if it's me, it's always a career first because when the job is good, the life is always going to be good too.

And slowly, I can build up my personal love-life from that point, even that it's slow in the beginning.

p/s: But of course, I am not going to Al-Ahli if I am Roberto Firmino myself.  ;D  ;D  ;D

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2023, 10:46:35 am »
What.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2023, 12:40:14 pm »
Glad to hear that, mate. Seemed like all good. Not sure about other people but if it's me, it's always a career first because when the job is good, the life is always going to be good too.

And slowly, I can build up my personal love-life from that point, even that it's slow in the beginning.

p/s: But of course, I am not going to Al-Ahli if I am Roberto Firmino myself.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Are you searching for these ancient threads?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2023, 12:41:55 pm »

It's an interesting concept, revive old threads and see what happens.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2023, 12:52:24 pm »
Was at  an auction last year and bought an old Cabinet for the Living room. When i got it home there was a load of old letters from the first world war in it. Soldiers writing to family and loved ones etc

So i got a few i really liked and replied to a couple of them. Fingers crossed i get a reply

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2023, 12:58:47 pm »
Was at  an auction last year and bought an old Cabinet for the Living room. When i got it home there was a load of old letters from the first world war in it. Soldiers writing to family and loved ones etc

So i got a few i really liked and replied to a couple of them. Fingers crossed i get a reply

Let us know how you get on in 9 years.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2023, 01:07:07 pm »

Fucking hell, I dont know why I find this so funny, My ribs hurt.

Thank you Claire and Naruto

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2023, 01:14:00 pm »

Did any of them involve getting bummed off?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2023, 01:41:58 pm »

You might have to explain what #sausages means, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2023, 02:52:37 pm »
Flip a coin and whatever it lands on yes or no listen to how you feel in your stomach. That will be the answer.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2023, 03:17:45 pm »
It's an interesting concept, revive old threads and see what happens.
I'm really interested in finding out about the guy who's in-laws hated him, like really really loathed him.

Naruto, can you find that thread and follow up please? Thanks.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2023, 03:53:42 pm »
I just want to know what Bobby had to do with it all ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2023, 04:20:05 pm »
Groundhog Day?
Kill the humourless