Author Topic: Alberto Moreno  (Read 122583 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Liverpool sign Alberto Moreno
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2014, 12:41:02 am »
He did well apart from the mishap for the first goal. Hard to come in straight against city, fine margins, i'm sure Rodgers will let him know he needs to concentrate for 90 min. Otherwise good stuff.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2014, 12:45:27 am »
Liked the look of this lad. Was at fault for the first goal, but wasnt helped by Lovren either.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2014, 01:04:22 am »
Left the stadium limping and heavily bandaged on his ankle.  :(

Is that better than wearing a protective boot or on crutches?

Hopefully it's just swelling and he's fine. Doubt it's ankle ligaments the way he carried on.
YWNA

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2014, 01:39:12 am »
I'm fucking fuming about him playing on on that ankle - I was at the time

There were 4 minutes left and we're 3-1 down with 10 men; who gives a fuck if it's 5-1 we're not getting anything out the game. Having him play on a rolled ankle is just stupid he should have been pulled

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2014, 01:46:51 am »

There were 4 minutes left and we're 3-1 down with 10 men; who gives a fuck if it's 5-1 we're not getting anything out the game. Having him play on a rolled ankle is just stupid he should have been pulled

It was stupid, but maybe it's just sprained? It's sore and it swells but it heals quickly. He seemed to be moving ok after the injury.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2014, 01:52:50 am »
I think it was a sprain purely because he was able to sprint with it a few minutes later. A ligament tear would have rendered him unable to even jog, let alone keep up with Navas in a flat out sprint. Remember Aly injuring his ankle ligament in his first appearance for us last season, he could barely walk after that.

I reckon he may miss the Spurs game if its still sore, but he should be back in action once the international break is over.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2014, 02:02:19 am »
It was stupid, but maybe it's just sprained? It's sore and it swells but it heals quickly. He seemed to be moving ok after the injury.

Yeah maybe - I've done that myself several times though (bad arches apparently doesnt help!) and the thing is you can run on it after it happens; partly adrenaline, partly because it hasn't swollen yet... it's just a really stupid idea to do anything with it. Should be rested immediately

I'll take it though I didn't quite catch what had happened in real time and when I saw him go down with no one near him I thought his achilles had gone!!!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2014, 02:03:52 am »
Yeah maybe - I've done that myself several times though (bad arches apparently doesnt help!) and the thing is you can run on it after it happens; partly adrenaline, partly because it hasn't swollen yet... it's just a really stupid idea to do anything with it. Should be rested immediately

I'll take it though I didn't quite catch what had happened in real time and when I saw him go down with no one near him I thought his achilles had gone!!!

He stepped back out of touch and looks like his studs got caught in the turf and he rolled on his ankle.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2014, 02:04:11 am »

Eesh don't even joke!

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2014, 02:18:40 am »

Odds are if it were early in the game he would have been pulled, but if the physio is sure there's no ligament damage then until it swells he could probably play on with little risk.  There being only 5 minutes left in the game there was not much advantage in getting it in ice right away so they probably made the decision with that in mind.  He seemed to run OK for the short amount of time that was left, but once it swelled up no doubt his range of motion in that joint will be decreased while it heals.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2014, 02:26:52 am »
Odds are if it were early in the game he would have been pulled, but if the physio is sure there's no ligament damage then until it swells he could probably play on with little risk.  There being only 5 minutes left in the game there was not much advantage in getting it in ice right away so they probably made the decision with that in mind.  He seemed to run OK for the short amount of time that was left, but once it swelled up no doubt his range of motion in that joint will be decreased while it heals.

Yup, the important thing was that our medical team allowed him to play on and not be taken off. I'm sure that if they suspected ligament damage, they would've taken Alberto off immediately.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2014, 03:12:24 am »
Yeah I was really worried something had snapped, achilles or calf muscle or something, but it shouldn't be anything serious. Anyone who's played football will probably have rolled their ankle at some point, hurts like a b...., but soon fades.

But on his performance I have to say I was really impressed, yes, he made a mistake, young players do, but my word does he have everything a Rodgers fullback needs, it was so nice to see a LB with pace, great touch, good delivery from the wings, willing to run in behind.

You can see why he is on the fringes of the Spain set up, he's like another Jordi Alba in many ways, a year from now we could be talking about this kid as the best LB in the country.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2014, 03:35:06 am »
Such a shame about the injury. I guess its karma for nobody being disappointed about Glen going off  ::)

Regarding his play, I was thoroughly impressed. I don't think I've ever been happier seeing a player overlap than when Moreno turned on the nitro in the first half for the first time and just blew past his marker to swing in that dangerous low cross. Fucking hell he was quick, and I've never seen a Liverpool leftback do that with so much ease before. One of his runs into the box could have ended with a nice assist if he'd chosen to pass across to Sturridge for a tap-in instead of going for the cutback. Its been a long-time since we had a fullback actually getting in that position though so I'm well chuffed about it anyways. He looked to strike up an immediate understanding with Markovic as well which is hugely promising.

Dzeko cutting in clean through by himself looked like a goal 100%, I still have no idea where Moreno came from. That was absolutely incredible, and after years of seeing Johnson and whatever LB crawling back or tearing their hamstring walking back it was so refreshing to see a fullback who could actually cover in behind the centerbacks for once.

Without sounding too negative (because it was his debut and he was generally awesome), I was disappointed in the following:
- he failed to block Nasri's cross in the lead-up to the 1st goal (it was cleared but the next cross became a goal), despite having help from a midfielder. Should be getting a tackle or block in there every time. 
- He was positionally unaware at times, even though his intentions were always really positive. Given time he'll improve though.
- Was inches away from conceding a needless penalty in the first half when Zabaleta made a run into the box. It would be great if he avoided going to ground in the box.

All in all I think we have a top player here, and he's going to add a new dimension to our attack as expected. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad as I think he could have a lot of success against Naughton or Dier next weekend, especially with a little help from his friend Lazar!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:36:39 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2014, 03:37:43 am »
Yup, the important thing was that our medical team allowed him to play on and not be taken off. I'm sure that if they suspected ligament damage, they would've taken Alberto off immediately.

There's no real way to know if there's ligament damage. This is the same club that had Lucas back on after an ACL?!
Anyway I hope he's fine!!!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2014, 03:46:10 am »
There's no real way to know if there's ligament damage. This is the same club that had Lucas back on after an ACL?!
Anyway I hope he's fine!!!

Did the physio check him out? I can't remember if he did or not?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2014, 03:51:54 am »
He looks pretty speedy! 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2014, 03:53:46 am »
Serious doubts about his defending.

After watching him in his debut away at the Etihad?

Right you are.  ???
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2014, 04:18:28 am »
Did the physio check him out? I can't remember if he did or not?

I think they did on the sidelines, and at that point I thought it was more than just a roll of the ankle. He looked OK after it though, but he could have been just playing with it since it would have put us down to 9 men.

However, I don't think the 9 men thing would have mattered if it was serious.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:20:03 am by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2014, 04:23:18 am »
I think they did on the sidelines, and at that point I thought it was more than just a roll of the ankle. He looked OK after it though, but he could have been just playing with it since it would have put us down to 9 men.

However, I don't think the 9 men thing would have mattered if it was serious.

If they checked him out, then they would/could have done compartment tests and tests for ligament laxity and manual resistance. I'm sure if he was sent back on, it was because they thought he could handle it.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2014, 04:26:46 am »
Tiny mistake aside, he was very good.

Blocked a lot of crosses, got forward with pace a few times but his crossing was my favourite bit. That's the best consistently good crossing from a Liverpool fullback I've seen in a while. Every cross was very accurate.

This. I thought he was excellent, bar for their 1st goal. He showed all the qualities that we got him for (no, I don't mean momentary lapses of concentration).

Let us not over-react with negativity. He's a good defender, and he is outstanding going forward. His interplay with Markovic (another positive) was excellent.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline AfricanBavarian

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2014, 04:31:00 am »
Tough game for him but of he has the quality people think he has he should be able to bounce back.

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2014, 05:03:22 am »
When I first saw it, I thought it was ACL and my heart sunk.

His mistake will be highlighted but I don't think we should be too tough on him - he only started playing first team football for Sevilla a year and a half ago and he's not the finished product. Good enough to play for us and learn on the job, but if he were the finished product he'd have stayed in Spain.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2014, 05:40:18 am »
If they checked him out, then they would/could have done compartment tests and tests for ligament laxity and manual resistance. I'm sure if he was sent back on, it was because they thought he could handle it.

I'm sure both Zaf and Chris Morgans the physio were checking Moreno out for a good minute or so before they let him carry on. It would be medical negligence/incompetence of the highest order to let Moreno play on if he had ligament damage all for the sake of having an extra man in the last few minutes.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2014, 05:42:58 am »
Tough game for him but of he has the quality people think he has he should be able to bounce back.

All the goals came on his and Lovren's side so a tough night.

But lots of positive signs. He and Markovic are going to cause hell this season up and down that flank.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2014, 05:47:14 am »
After watching him in his debut away at the Etihad?

Right you are.  ???
I have written about it before - Hos defending makes GJ look solid. Thats not about his mistake - shit happens - but the lack awareness and such.

And playing away on Etihad is an excuse to play bad?

I hope, and think, he will improve. Hes a quality player, I just hope it will be quick and that the learns that in the prem you cant relax except in the games vs Barcelona and Madrid - on your toes all the time is a must.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2014, 05:47:15 am »
we rushed him too much... we should have started with Manquillo on the right and Johnson on the left
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2014, 07:18:37 am »
Moreno vs Man City

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7QjXxz2QwKM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7QjXxz2QwKM</a>
Thanks for posting Mostar!

That one-two with Markovic at 2:00 is awesome. Such a shame he didn't square the ball to Sturridge there though as it was an easy goal, and would have felt like giving City a taste of their own medicine with a little overlapping-fullback-overload of our own. I'm never going to get tired of seeing fullbacks get in those positions that's for sure.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2014, 07:19:50 am »
we rushed him too much... we should have started with Manquillo on the right and Johnson on the left
Check out his "all touches" video posted by Mostar and tell me we rushed him ...  ;) Absolutely boss for 90 minutes apart from moment.

£12m for this lad already looks like a steal, especially when you match it up with Davies £10m, Debuchy £10m, Chambers £16m, Luis £20m, Rojo £16m (+ 100k per week), and the grandest of them all, Shaw £30m  ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:22:28 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2014, 08:48:34 am »
Hopefully his sprain ankle isn't too serious. The fact that the played on for the final 10m tells me it shouldn't be too bad

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2014, 08:51:16 am »
Hopefully his sprain ankle isn't too serious. The fact that the played on for the final 10m tells me it shouldn't be too bad
He's a doubt for the next game according to the Echo.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2014, 08:51:55 am »
I thought he looked very very good for his debut against the strongest team in the league.

The error that led to the goal was unfortunate but I think every defender in their career has been caught with one of them.

His attacking and pace will be a great bonus to us, the Run late in the second half were he attempted to cut it back was fantastic.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2014, 08:53:20 am »
I thought Moreno was great last night, especially considering after the game they showed 52% or more of City's attacks came down the left I would say he handled himself well, sprained ankle as well and carried on, showed character and determination, hopefully didn't hurt himself too bad.

As for the goal, it was 100% his mistake but it was one lapse of concentration and we got punished for it, it's unfortunate but he will learn from it.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2014, 08:55:23 am »
The little move with Markovic was lovely. That is the move City destroy teams with and with Moreno you can see we are able to do that now. Hopefully his injury isn't serious

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2014, 09:22:30 am »
All things considering he was quality last night, soldiered on with a twisted ankle too.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2014, 09:26:55 am »
I'm not even sure his mistake that allowed the first goal was a lapse of concentration. His attempt at clearance was a millisecond too slow and I think the shout from Allen made him try and hurry up at the expense of missing the kick. Entirely understandable in his first game in the Premier League and against a very good striker.

Overall, I thought he was superb both defensively and in offence. The tackle on Dzeko when he was completely clear on goal, was like he teleported across the pitch - a thing of beauty.

Good understanding already with Markovic. I'm excited.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2014, 09:29:04 am »
He was quality (apart from you know what).  Forward play and most of his defending were great for a 22 y/o playing his first game against a world class side.  Was refreshing to see him running down Navas despite being a foot behind.  Very exciting.

Can't see him playing this weekend though, I did a similar thing to him recently and played on it.  Hurt at the start but the pain wore off and I could play fairly easily but it didn't heal (got worse) so I wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting it out.  Saying that, I'm sure our medical staff are a lot more effective than my ice pack so we'll see.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 26, 2014, 09:36:23 am »
Decent debut, just agonised he didn't use his vision/instinct to square it for Studge tap in after the nice 1-2 with Markovic!

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2014, 09:37:05 am »
James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  1 min
Reds left counting the cost as Johnson (thigh) and Moreno (ankle) both major doubts for Sunday
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2014, 09:39:51 am »
Reds left counting the cost as Johnson (thigh) and Moreno (ankle) both major doubts for Sunday

Would we even have any scan results yet?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2014, 09:41:23 am »

Although we knew that last night straight after the game
Tweet for the sake of it if you ask me