Author Topic: Alberto Moreno  (Read 122590 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool sign Alberto Moreno
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2014, 10:11:15 pm »
I'm not sure Moreno makes that mistake in a months time, it was his first game in English football and it takes time to adjust.  That aside I thought he had a good game, showed some grit staying on.

Very promising.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2014, 10:11:54 pm »
Thought he did well tonight, I like him. I think he'll do well .

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2014, 10:12:28 pm »
I'm not sure Moreno makes that mistake in a months time, it was his first game in English football and it takes time to adjust.  That aside I thought he had a good game, showed some grit staying on.

Very promising.
Agreed.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2014, 10:12:45 pm »
I like the look of him, once he's settled he will be set to go.

Good spirit in him tonight.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:16:54 pm by astowell1 »

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2014, 10:14:03 pm »
Thought he did great.  Think its very important thoguh that people remember hes only 22 and still learning.  But looking at him today hes gonna be a cracking left back.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2014, 10:14:14 pm »
Thought he was great apart from the mistake
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2014, 10:14:18 pm »

Very promising.

Yes. Also, the lad is quick.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2014, 10:14:22 pm »
Got a fantastic cross on him. We're going to score so many from his crosses directly or from rebounds. After Aurelio possibly the best crossing fullback in the team.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2014, 10:14:57 pm »
He came out of nowhere to clear that one ball, if people know the one I'm on about? Dzeko was through.

Two up front with him making the overlap is going to result in a few goals I think.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2014, 10:15:17 pm »
He looked talented but didn't play well IMO. I thought he was a weak link which Man City constantly found joy attacking. It wasn't just him, it was more the back four out of sync which is understandable.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2014, 10:15:46 pm »
I was impressed, the mistake was a lapse he will learn from but aside from that I thought he was very good.  Hopefully his ankle isn't too bad.

Offline stevenalonsa

• Legacy Fan
  • my d.o.b. 30.5.85 same as gerrard
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »
Is his injury serious??

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2014, 10:16:16 pm »
The hardest game he could have been introduced in to be fair, acquitted himself well generally despite the errors.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2014, 10:16:21 pm »
Tough debut - but nothing to hang his head about - it was Manchester City away.  Shower more than enough promise.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »
He came out of nowhere to clear that one ball, if people know the one I'm on about? Dzeko was through.

Two up front with him making the overlap is going to result in a few goals I think.

Remember that. He wasn't gonna let him in, there ;D

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2014, 10:17:28 pm »
Is his injury serious??

I doubt it's anything major. Just seems like he twisted it. Always takes 5-10 minutes to recover from that and he seemed to start recovering just before the final whistle.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2014, 10:18:16 pm »
Every new defender to this league makes a mistake like that somewhere down the line so its probably good that it happened in his first game. Won't do it again now.

Thought he was excellent bar that, to be honest. Kind of player you want and need to have bursting down the flanks in an overlap to cut through bus parkers.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2014, 10:18:37 pm »
Really like him, shame about the mistake, he'll learn from it...

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:39 pm »
I thought he was fairly decent tonight, bar the first goal. You could see all the ingredients there to be a top player, but in his first start in the league, away to the champions, any weaknesses got exposed. Give it a few games and he'll improve even more.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2014, 10:29:41 pm »
It looked like just a twist rather than a sprain as I don't think he'd have been able to run on it as much as he did if it was serious. Here's hoping.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2014, 10:30:23 pm »
Good debut that. Such a shame about that one mistake - apart from that he did really well. Looks like he'll create a lot of chances for us this season, and maybe even score a few goals. Definitely adds something new to the team.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2014, 10:30:44 pm »
Was good bar the stupid tackle on Zabaleta and the first goal.

Just like in the first game though, it felt like it was constantly 2 on 1 on our full back
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2014, 10:36:52 pm »

yep it looked a certain goal

Offline sakho

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:32 pm »
His mistake is something you take into account when you throe him into such deep water, but other than that - very very promising debut.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2014, 10:45:11 pm »
Bad mistake, but apart from that one moment he was excellent. Good debut all in all, he definitely showed he has many good qualities.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2014, 10:50:18 pm »
You can see Allen shout but he probably doesn't know the "man on" shout yet. Like he might know the words but he might not have ingrained in his instinct yet to take action now if that makes sense. If I hear the words "man on" I don't process it so much as my instinct takes over to act.

Anyway, aside from that, I like the look of him. Especially going forward. Quick, composed, neat and tidy and a bit of adventure about him. Didn't once see him do Enrique's 'dribble into a dead-end' special move.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2014, 10:50:36 pm »
Was good bar the stupid tackle on Zabaleta and the first goal.

Just like in the first game though, it felt like it was constantly 2 on 1 on our full back

agreed

was thinking in the first half that moreno looked as frustratingly one footed as riise, but that it wasnt a problem if he used the right one when required. then he made the mistake for the first goal (and it was a mistake). whether it was that he used the wrong foot, or that he was trying to kick the ball too hard instead of getting it out quicker, it was a mistake. hopefully the one footed-ness is just a preference, and he uses his right well, when required

absolutely plenty of obvious positives in his game though and all the ingredietns for rodgers to work with, in the way he enjoys developing our players. couldn't have had a tougher debut in the league, and to do that without any familiarity with the back 4 and a communication issue that will hopefully go soon

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2014, 11:28:37 pm »
language barrier on the first goal? you can see allen shout - very possible he didn't pick it up (im sure he knows 'man on' or whatever but your brain takes a split second longer to process words in a new language)

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2014, 11:36:46 pm »
Please God there's no ligament damage, when he first pulled up I thought he snapped his achilles tendon, my heart was in my mouth.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2014, 11:39:52 pm »
I think he'll be very good, but I wouldn't mind seeing Enrique play every once in a while when he's fit.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2014, 11:40:06 pm »
Promising debut, he looks quick, isn't afraid of a battle for the ball and has a good cross on him

Given a little time i think he'll prove to be an excellent purchase

Felt bad for when they scored their first. Agree its probably a communication mix up, although i did think pretty quickly why are so many players afraid to use their weak foot. It looked like he was better positioned to clear with his right but maybe i'm wrong and need to watch it again

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:12 pm »
language barrier on the first goal? you can see allen shout - very possible he didn't pick it up (im sure he knows 'man on' or whatever but your brain takes a split second longer to process words in a new language)

When the ball is in your own 6-yard box like that you do not wait around to hear a teammate shout, "Man on."

Made a clear mistake there. But I thought he looked pretty damn good otherwise. Hope his ankle is ok.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:18 pm »
Please God there's no ligament damage, when he first pulled up I thought he snapped his achilles tendon, my heart was in my mouth.

I will be very surprised if there's ligament damage. He seemed to improve a little as the minutes went by. If it was ligament damage, I imagine he would have gotten worse.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2014, 11:45:22 pm »
Thought he did really well aside from the obvious error which unfortunately for us was a turning point. Plenty will be made throughout the season by more experienced players than him though, so nothing to get worried about.

Lovren's a big shout for this too, but I think Moreno will be our most important signing. Gives us an extra attacking dimension on the left and balances us so much more, plus he looks nifty at the back too. I think he's in for a quality season.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2014, 11:48:25 pm »

I thought that as well but to be fair, you should go and meet the ball when it is in your box for defending or if it is a lose ball in the box for attacking. Always meet it.

But then, how many times a game does a player do what he did and hammer it clear? Countless. So yeah he made an error but it's one of those that you get away with so many times. It's not like he will never again wait for the ball before clearing it in that situation.

Negative side left aside...his attacking play in the second half was really good at times. Looks even quicker than he did for Sevilla..maybe some first game adrenaline.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2014, 11:48:29 pm »
In all fairness, we were probably asking for problems by starting him away at Man City who are brilliant down that right hand side with Zabaleta's runs and Silva's passing.

The lad is an attacking full back and played away from home against the best side in the country within a few days of meeting his team-mates.

I thought he was very good in possession and the burst and one-two with Markovic is exactly what BR will want from him. Very very quick too.

In time he will be absolutely fine but we have to remember we have signed an attacking full back so there will be defensive frailties at times at least early on.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2014, 11:49:32 pm »
I thought that as well but to be fair, you should go and meet the ball when it is in your box for defending or if it is a lose ball in the box for attacking. Always meet it.

But then, how many times a game does a player do what he did and hammer it clear? Countless. So yeah he made an error but it's one of those that you get away with so many times. It's not like he will never again wait for the ball before clearing it in that situation.
He should have gone and met it with his right foot. Instead he waited for it to come onto his left. Pretty poor really in that instance but generally good.

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:56 am »
Left the stadium limping and heavily bandaged on his ankle.  :(

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2014, 12:32:20 am »
Tough place to make your Premier League debut. Thought the lad did well though. Sad about the injury.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:42 am »
I will be very surprised if there's ligament damage. He seemed to improve a little as the minutes went by. If it was ligament damage, I imagine he would have gotten worse.
It is ligament damage, you can see him go over on it. And actually sometimes they feel ok to play on and get worse as the body cools down and the swelling kicks in. It just depends how far he's stretched them, grade 1 hopefully.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed