Author Topic: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]  (Read 100043 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2016, 10:57:08 am »
Yeah definitely up there! Trying to convince mates to watch it now but as soon as I mention it's Italian that seems to be a stumbling block.

Subtitles do unfortunately put some people off and it's a shame as they are missing out on some good shit.

I am no intellectual by any means but really enjoy watching stuff with subtitles.  Foreign language film/TV used to be scoffed at by us Brits as arty-farty or pretentious even, but there is just so much good stuff coming out of Europe these days, especially Scandinavia and the crime genre.

I do still think the UK/Ireland and US are pretty good at making crime shows too, but at the moment I can't get enough of the likes of Gomorrah, Bron/Broen (The Bridge) or Trapped.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2016, 07:02:25 pm »
For me its the best season finale of a show I've ever watched. And there has been some good ones. :)
I thought it was obvious what was going to happen from the minute he started his act.

I recall thinking that I'd seen the same sorta thing in a BBC series from the 70's, Colditz.

And the only reason you think it's the best.....you haven't seen Gravity Falls yet. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2016, 07:14:03 pm »
I thought it was obvious what was going to happen from the minute he started his act.

Obvious or not it was still Epic.

Spoiler
Didn't suss it myself that Don Pietro was acting all along. Even if I had suspected it, the way in which his old trusted friend Mallamore reappeared and the way the prison van raid went off, would still have left me in awe. Especially when Don Pietro was released from his chains and immediately went back to his original and sane self strolling coolly to the waiting getaway vehicle.

Sublime.

Watch your backs Ciro and Conte, The Don is back :)
[close]

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2016, 07:36:22 pm »
Obvious or not it was still Epic.

Spoiler
Didn't suss it myself that Don Pietro was acting all along. Even if I had suspected it, the way in which his old trusted friend Mallamore reappeared and the way the prison van raid went off, would still have left me in awe. Especially when Don Pietro was released from his chains and immediately went back to his original and sane self strolling coolly to the waiting getaway vehicle.

Sublime.

Watch your backs Ciro and Conte, The Don is back :)
[close]

Spoiler
What drives me nuts is that Ciro would always walk up to someone after he had shot them and ensure he shot off another one or two bullets to make sure they were dead. Hated that they had him walk off in that final scene with Genny. Only pet peeve I had with the season.
[close]
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2016, 08:13:55 pm »
Has your Italian improved any?  :P

Gomorra  la serie 2, debutto fissato a Marzo 2016.
I'm fluent in it now Dave ;)

Still can't believe I had that brain fart ;D

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2016, 08:17:42 pm »
For me its the best season finale of a show I've ever watched. And there has been some good ones. :)
Going to have to watch the last episode again because i can't remember half of it :(

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2016, 11:39:25 am »
Just been confirmed by Genny on facebook that it's back on 10th May in Italy. Hopefully it's translated and available soon after.

Edit: Now confirmed UK date is May 10th!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:43:49 pm by 'Mondzz' »
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #247 on: March 14, 2016, 03:20:29 pm »
Fantastic news.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2016, 12:47:02 pm »
I finally got around to watching this a couple of days ago. I watched the last 5 episodes this morning  ;D. All I can say is wow! I thoroughly enjoyed it and wasn't expecting an ending like that! Apparently, season 2 starts on May 10th  :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: April 14, 2016, 02:49:35 pm »
May 10th - Hell yeah!!! :)

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #250 on: April 14, 2016, 03:20:04 pm »

Can't wait.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 3, 2016, 08:00:59 pm »
Next Wednesday the 11th at 10pm for us UK viewers.

I suspect Sky Italia will get it on 10th.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 3, 2016, 08:37:28 pm »
Seen the advert for it last night, can't wait for next week now.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #253 on: May 3, 2016, 08:46:46 pm »
Gotta say am not happy abar this...I like to see stuff before everyone else does... ;D

I'll have to wait the season out. I've watched the two opening episodes of GOT and I'm done watching till the seasons done...how do y'all watch one a week...

And check out the tv thread for another new series called Marseilles, starting tomorrow...the day after...have a look the start date is in the post.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2016, 08:48:27 pm by dave 5516 »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: May 4, 2016, 10:10:32 am »
Gotta say am not happy abar this...I like to see stuff before everyone else does... ;D

I'll have to wait the season out. I've watched the two opening episodes of GOT and I'm done watching till the seasons done...how do y'all watch one a week...

And check out the tv thread for another new series called Marseilles, starting tomorrow...the day after...have a look the start date is in the post.

Cheers Dave. Just watched the trailer of 'Marseilles' and it looks good!!

I will 'acquire' episode 1 on Friday and watch over the weekend. :)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #255 on: May 4, 2016, 10:22:54 am »
Excellent, cracking show

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 8, 2016, 10:01:19 am »
Double bill on Wednesday!! Eps 1 and 2 back to back :)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: May 8, 2016, 11:01:18 am »
Nice, nice...

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #258 on: May 8, 2016, 02:29:11 pm »
Double bill on Wednesday!! Eps 1 and 2 back to back :)
Cant wait!
YNWA

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2016, 03:28:47 pm »
Now I'm not one to moan about going to watch Liverpool as its a privilege..but....

Damn those rearranged fixtures. :)

Was looking forward to watching these back to back even with ad-breaks to make a brew etc. 

Tomorrow it is for me.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2016, 03:36:46 pm »
Available now on NowTV if anyone isnt wanting to wait until tonight. Just signed up for a free trial.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2016, 10:35:54 am »
Great start to the 2nd season them two episodes, made up this shows back.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2016, 11:34:48 am »
Great start to the 2nd season them two episodes, made up this shows back.

Thought Id sneak in here and trust nobody had spoiled anything.

Glad to hear its made a good start. Got house to myself tonight so it's a double header for me later, can't wait. :)

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2016, 01:12:27 pm »
I've got a link where you can stream the first episode of season 2 with subtitles.

Not sure about forum rules - can I post link here?

Otherwise just send me a private msg.

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2016, 02:11:38 pm »
Thought Id sneak in here and trust nobody had spoiled anything.

Glad to hear its made a good start. Got house to myself tonight so it's a double header for me later, can't wait. :)

Same here, the Mrs is out and the kids will be in bed bang on time.

A few beers, a bit of junk food and two hours of Gomorrah, get in!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2016, 02:33:35 pm »
Same here, the Mrs is out and the kids will be in bed bang on time.

A few beers, a bit of junk food and two hours of Gomorrah, get in!

I hear ye. My lad has foolishly left a twin pack of Jaffa Cakes in the cupboard that were simply not hidden well enough.

1 pack per episode. :lickin

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2016, 06:15:25 pm »
Really enjoyed that - carried on where it left off

Cant wait for next weeks
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2016, 06:30:06 pm »
Tempted to do a Dave but I can't wait...going to jump on this at the weekend...no willpower me ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2016, 07:35:00 pm »
Tempted to do a Dave but I can't wait...going to jump on this at the weekend...no willpower me ;D
Told you earlier what you need to do..... ;D

I'm just about to start my Jane the Virgin rewatch.....very manly I might add. ;D

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2016, 11:04:48 pm »
Minchia
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2016, 12:06:07 pm »
Really enjoyed that - carried on where it left off

Cant wait for next weeks

Yep, carried on literally minutes from where series 1 ended

Only watched episode 1 last night but will watch episode 2 tonight i reckon.

enjoyed the season opener :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2016, 09:21:15 pm »
Fucking Hell

Episode 1 was good but...

Episode 2 was simply a masterpiece of an episode. Can't believe you lads aren't lauding over it big time. Fucking brilliant from start to finish with a little bit of everything in perfect measurements that makes a good crime drama brilliant.

This program is the dogs bollocks and If Vince Gilligan had directed this, the whole world but be going mad for it.

I feel It's only gonna get better if that's possible.

Minchia

Folle

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2016, 09:52:50 pm »
Agreed Pete, episode 2 was utterly brilliant. Really excited to see where this series goes.

Still can't get my head around that some of my mates won't watch this as it's subtitled. Madness.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #273 on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:58 am »
watched the first two last night.....fuck me, episode 2 was stunning...one of the best episodes of any drama i've seen on TV.....looks like the long wait has been worth it, with dividends...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2016, 02:01:21 am »
Episode 2 is up there with one of the best tv episodes Ive ever seen.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2016, 09:55:15 am »
cant wait for this weeks episode...have to say I'm very surprised by the lack of love for episode 2 on here?...although I appreciate it may have clashed with the Eurovision song contest...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline saoirse08

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • TRUTH. JUSTICE. ACCOUNTABILITY.
« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2016, 12:39:02 pm »
Watched them both last night.

Totally agree with @Buck Pete and @Pistolero and others. Two masterful episodes. From Ep1 in which Ciro is now in blood stepped so far that he should wade no more, to misquote Shakespeare. Fucking hell! That was grim. Then to Koln and Genny and Don Pietro in the 2nd ep. Just an incredibly compelling piece of drama. The shifting dynamics between the two characters was brilliantly executed. Not a false note throughout. Also, the sound production on this show does something quite remarkable too. I'm not technically of au fait with the jargon to completely express its brilliance, but as a tool for building excitement, unease and tension it's utterly superb. That's without mentioning the cinematography...

Wire levels of brilliance in those opening two episodes.
“The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It’s the way I see football, the way I see life.”

"The old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2016, 01:32:58 pm »
That fucking song at the end gets me EVERY time

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2016, 06:26:36 pm »
Another 2 amazing episodes, best thing on tv at the mo.

Interesting times ahead.
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2016, 07:31:26 pm »
Have not read the last 7 pages but....

Can't find s1 on Netflix. Might need to download it from elsewhere... does anyone know if Sky have it On Demand?