Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 381183 times)

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Scottish Football Thread 2014/15
« Reply #481 on: February 1, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »
haha cheers mate, easier find than expected

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #482 on: February 1, 2015, 01:26:40 pm »
You haven't offended me.  It is just an issue which is very emotive for many.  I guess you need to be really close to it to understand it.  What is happening to them is of their own doing and mismanagement and seeing them painted as the victims sticks in the throats of many and that is not just celtic fans...I should say in terms of the club itself rather than the fans.  Seeing fans fleeced out of money is not nice especially in this climate.  Another reason to question why they are being allowed to rumble on in the manner they are.

For my part I didn't mean to be aggessive but if you are going to post in here, it is wise to be mindful of the non celtic and rangers fans because this affects them too and they really do not like (and nor should they) being ignored or dismissed.

Point taken.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #483 on: February 1, 2015, 01:29:58 pm »
You haven't offended me.  It is just an issue which is very emotive for many.  I guess you need to be really close to it to understand it.  What is happening to them is of their own doing and mismanagement and seeing them painted as the victims sticks in the throats of many and that is not just celtic fans...I should say in terms of the club itself rather than the fans.  Seeing fans fleeced out of money is not nice especially in this climate.  Another reason to question why they are being allowed to rumble on in the manner they are.

For my part I didn't mean to be aggessive but if you are going to post in here, it is wise to be mindful of the non celtic and rangers fans because this affects them too and they really do not like (and nor should they) being ignored or dismissed.

With all due respect, for people outside Scotland and those that don't really follow the league...there will only ever be two teams in Scotland.

I'm not ignoring the others, but given this day and this occasion, I was just voicing what I'd like to see today in light of the match which is being played. Afterall, it is Rangers vs Celtic today so I was chatting about them. So I profusely apologize if i offended you or other fans of various Scottish teams but it is the first time Rangers and Celtic have played inn 3 years so excuse me for only focusing on them.

I predict Rangers 1-0.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2015, 01:32:55 pm by N0rnIr0nRed »
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #484 on: February 1, 2015, 01:31:47 pm »
Cracking atmosphere!

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #485 on: February 1, 2015, 01:50:56 pm »
I just posted on a blog here in tbe States that the NFL can only dream of an atmosphere like this.

Fantastic ball in for Celtic's first goal.  I wish we could get delivery like that from the flanks.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #486 on: February 1, 2015, 02:03:04 pm »
Uncommon
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #487 on: February 1, 2015, 02:04:57 pm »
Fantastic strike.  I can't see a way back for Rangers now; they've shown nothing so far.

Offline Busby

• was a Liverpool player
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #488 on: February 1, 2015, 02:18:34 pm »
Brilliant performance from Celtic. Really enjoying this so far.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #489 on: February 1, 2015, 02:40:56 pm »
Turned on just now. Deserved lead for Celtic?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #490 on: February 1, 2015, 02:48:54 pm »
Turned on just now. Deserved lead for Celtic?

Yep could have been more scoreline flatters NewCo, Celtic had a break on to make it 3-0 the ref pulled it back for a Celtic free kick rather than playing advantage.
#Sausages

Offline edge

• Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #491 on: February 1, 2015, 03:01:28 pm »
Yep could have been more scoreline flatters NewCo, Celtic had a break on to make it 3-0 the ref pulled it back for a Celtic free kick rather than playing advantage.

Yeah, ref has seemed a bit of a twat.

How has my fellow Norwegian Johansen been getting on?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #492 on: February 1, 2015, 03:09:52 pm »
Yeah, ref has seemed a bit of a twat.

How has my fellow Norwegian Johansen been getting on?

OK, but it's been comfortable stroll for Celtic, Celtic keeper hasn't had much to do NewCo or SkintCo have been awful. The pitch is dreadful.
#Sausages

Offline edge

• Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #493 on: February 1, 2015, 03:26:03 pm »
Brown will be down to his undies at this rate :D

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #494 on: February 1, 2015, 03:26:55 pm »
enjoyed that.....good game of footy
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #495 on: February 1, 2015, 03:56:44 pm »
Ach well, result was to be expected I'm afraid. We are a club in turmoil, a team full of older players and lacking pace and ideas, and have a management that don't want to be there. If anyone expected anything different they've not watched us this season.

The main disapointment was the manner of the goals though, horrible goals to lose. Oh well, we've got much bigger battles to face the next few weeks trying to get the leaches out the club, this will shape our club for the next 5 years, much more important than a QTS(who the feck are they?) cup semi final, even though it's never good to lose to Celtic.

And that pitch was absolutely shocking, what a red neck that was!!

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #496 on: February 1, 2015, 04:21:26 pm »
Two good goals.  Crap second half.  Glad it is out the way. Thought Broony deserved MOTM.

The pitch was an absolute state. 
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Busby

• was a Liverpool player
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #497 on: February 1, 2015, 04:58:06 pm »
Two good goals.  Crap second half.  Glad it is out the way. Thought Broony deserved MOTM.

The pitch was an absolute state.

He dominated the midfield. The type of player that is made for big matches like that.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: February 1, 2015, 07:02:24 pm »
People outside Scotland do not hear the statistics around off the field events associated with this game. It is also known as "Scotlands Shame". 
Today there were 19 arrests at the match.  This is likely to rise based on CCTV etc.

Reports of someone having been stabbed outside Hampden.

« Last Edit: February 1, 2015, 07:03:57 pm by helen the llama »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: February 1, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »
Just got back from this game, hell of an atmosphere, lucky to have had a ticket.   Unfortunately the football did not match the passion off the pitch.    Easy win for Celtic but the quality is poor.   Celtic would be a mid table Championship side at best,  Rangers probably be mid table Division 1.    If we progress in the Europa League and draw Celtic I am confident we will score a bag full.  The Rangers support was seriously loud.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2015, 09:12:50 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: February 2, 2015, 05:43:28 pm »
People outside Scotland do not hear the statistics around off the field events associated with this game. It is also known as "Scotlands Shame". 
Today there were 19 arrests at the match.  This is likely to rise based on CCTV etc.

Reports of someone having been stabbed outside Hampden.

19 arrests isnt that many at all to be honest, especially given the build up to the match and the fact its their first meeting in years. A lot of these were dealt with by fixed penalty too. I hear the stabbing turned out to be false
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: February 2, 2015, 08:34:05 pm »
Rangers linked to bring in 5 players on loan from Newcastle.

where wil they get the money? they are aready relying on loans constantly

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: February 2, 2015, 11:10:09 pm »
This is the sort of despicable act that is all too common before, during and after these fixtures.

http://m.stv.tv/news/308852-ten-year-old-boy-on-rangers-bus-hit-by-bottle-before-old-firm-clash/

« Last Edit: February 2, 2015, 11:15:19 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: February 2, 2015, 11:21:30 pm »

Come on then, where's the link?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: February 2, 2015, 11:24:17 pm »

The leaches in the boardroom will spin it as Newcastle will still be paying their wages, and pass it off as Fat Mike doing us a big favour! By the way, our management team didn't know anything about this, these players have been thrust on them. Yet more embarrassment for us.

Disappointed Utd agreed to sell the 2 lads to Celtic today, thought they could have held out until the summer. Interested to hear Dundee Red views.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2015, 11:37:44 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: February 2, 2015, 11:27:29 pm »
Come on then, where's the link?

5 young boys Paul, what's your thoughts on them?

Neil Cameron @NeilCameron5 · 9m 9 minutes ago
So it seems as if Gael Bigirimana, Haris Vuckic, Remie Streete, Kevin Mbabu & Shane Ferguson all going to Rangers.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #506 on: February 2, 2015, 11:41:03 pm »
Hope that lad makes a recovery.  Disgusting.  Celtic fans are encouraging anyone who knows who did it to report it. 

GMS would walk in summer for nothing.  Armstrong's price would have went down again if they waited until summer as I think at that point he'd only have a year left on his contract. Reckon the sell on clause must be decent for Armstrong for DU to let him go now. 
« Last Edit: February 2, 2015, 11:43:33 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #507 on: February 3, 2015, 12:05:45 am »
5 young boys Paul, what's your thoughts on them?

Neil Cameron @NeilCameron5 · 9m 9 minutes ago
So it seems as if Gael Bigirimana, Haris Vuckic, Remie Streete, Kevin Mbabu & Shane Ferguson all going to Rangers.

Only in Scotland....

EPL rules seem to prohibit this -
"Rules limit Premier League clubs to four players across a season, with no more than two at any one time and no more than one from the same parent club."

Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: February 3, 2015, 12:13:10 am »
Only in Scotland....

EPL rules seem to prohibit this -
"Rules limit Premier League clubs to four players across a season, with no more than two at any one time and no more than one from the same parent club."

Unless I'm reading it wrong.

From what I've read no rules exist when it's between different federations, hence the reason Chelsea can loan half their squad to Viteese. Of course, what this is saying is we are now Newcastles 'reserve' team.

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #509 on: February 3, 2015, 12:21:54 am »
From what I've read no rules exist when it's between different federations, hence the reason Chelsea can loan half their squad to Viteese. Of course, what this is saying is we are now Newcastles 'reserve' team.

No limits on how many you can loan out, but there are rules (in the EPL) that limit loans in.

[edit] Make you wonder if this is MA's way of strengthening his position?
If he doesn't get his way at an EGM, NUFC could simply 're-call' their loanees.

« Last Edit: February 3, 2015, 12:23:47 am by Weescotty »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: February 3, 2015, 09:06:23 am »
No limits on how many you can loan out, but there are rules (in the EPL) that limit loans in.

[edit] Make you wonder if this is MA's way of strengthening his position?
If he doesn't get his way at an EGM, NUFC could simply 're-call' their loanees.

Could well be Scotty. The sceptics in our support think that we'll be paying something towards the players. Ashley saves money the Newcastle end, while at the same time receiving money from Rangers. All the while it eats away into the loan money that he's given us, just accelerating the need to get another 'loan' from him.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #511 on: February 3, 2015, 09:34:07 am »
With all due respect, for people outside Scotland and those that don't really follow the league...there will only ever be two teams in Scotland.

I'm not ignoring the others, but given this day and this occasion, I was just voicing what I'd like to see today in light of the match which is being played. Afterall, it is Rangers vs Celtic today so I was chatting about them. So I profusely apologize if i offended you or other fans of various Scottish teams but it is the first time Rangers and Celtic have played inn 3 years so excuse me for only focusing on them.

I predict Rangers 1-0.

For people who live in Scotland there are 3 clubs: Celtic, Rangers and The Rest (who hate them both). It`s a pity so many (used to) follow the Glasgow clubs when they could support their local teams. Bound to happen though, money talks.

Watched a bit of the game, Rangers are truly dreadful and look like what they are: a championship team.

Celtic looked better all over the (dodgy) park and playing well within themselves. I don`t see many of their games, but liked the centre halves, and Scott Brown has Ian Black in his pocket.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #512 on: February 3, 2015, 09:41:56 am »
Could well be Scotty. The sceptics in our support think that we'll be paying something towards the players. Ashley saves money the Newcastle end, while at the same time receiving money from Rangers. All the while it eats away into the loan money that he's given us, just accelerating the need to get another 'loan' from him.

Wouldn't surprise me.
It is usual for the club to pay part, if not all the wages of players they are loaning.
The EGM (if one happens) could come right at the point another crisis loan is needed.
Gotta hand it to MA he seems to be playing a blinder, the big question is will the SFA grow a pair and stop him.

[edit] Another interesting one... Streete has already played for two clubs this season (Port Vale and Newcastle U21s) and may fall foul of the same 3 club rule that has already hit Ben Arfa.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2015, 09:45:12 am by Weescotty »

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: February 3, 2015, 11:03:22 am »
Superb window for motherwell brought in 7 players which really should improve us and help us clear of relegation

1.   Pearson (free) - Known quantity, ball winner with an engine and offers an attacking option

2.   Straker (loan) – Left sided player, able cover defense and midfield
3.   Laing (loan) - Center half, Got sent off on his debut
4.   Long (loan) - England U21 Keeper, 6'4"

5.   Grant (loan) - Left footed defensive midfielder, highly rated by Everton
6.   Thomas (free with option) - 20 year old forward, preference for right wing but can play on left too
7.   Johnson (signed rumored to have paid 50k ) - Nippy left winger,

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: February 4, 2015, 01:05:14 am »
Jackie McNamamra snr has brought up sporting integrity in relation to the Rangers loan signings.

Oh and they think they can catch us up.  We have to lose 4 more games than them.

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #515 on: February 4, 2015, 03:23:56 am »
I don't remember Jackie McNamara Snr questioning the sporting integrity of loan signings when Hearts made what was it 10-11 players in one season from Kaunas.

As for the Championship title, with or without the new signings Rangers have no chance they are dreadful, to have any chance of even getting up through the playoffs they need a new manager asap.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: February 4, 2015, 01:23:48 pm »
I think it is more the fact that Rangers are only solvent because of the loans from MA/SDI. 

That Rangers were in dire need of an injection of new talent is as undeniable as the fact they could not afford it, which has led former Hibernian captain and assistant manager Jackie McNamara snr to call for the SFA to cancel the registration of the loan signings.

“What it comes down to is the concept of sporting integrity,” he said. “Rangers have been forced to borrow money from Ashley just to keep the lights on.

Lets put it this way  between funding being cut from UBIG and going into Admin, Hearts had already stripped the squad back to the squad that played in 2013-14, from the large squad of 2011-12.  We should have gone in to Administration sooner. But we sold players etc, and raised money in other ways to keep the lights on until the close season.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: February 4, 2015, 06:01:43 pm »
Ex-Liverpool youth player Gary Mackay-Steven signed for Celtic then?, always thought he was a decent young player, had his progress hampered by injuries at Liverpool, very capable young winger, good signing by Celtic.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #518 on: February 4, 2015, 06:12:36 pm »
Ok Sasanach question here.

Who is the best Scottish player at the moment?

Why don't Scotland produce players of the same quality as Wales any more?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
« Reply #519 on: February 4, 2015, 11:00:39 pm »
This just goes to show the total lack of rule consistency.....

Ben Arfa - Denied permission to play for Nice because of the 3 clubs in a season rule, having already played for Hull city and Newcastle U21's.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2936776/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-set-leave-Nice-without-playing-game-French-appeal-against-FIFA-ruling-rejected.html

Streete - Has already played for Port Vale and Newcastle U21's this season, but the SFA have no problems with it.