Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2632775 times)

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #400 on: August 31, 2014, 03:45:29 pm »
As expected, Lamela up against half decent opposition and hes poor yet again. 

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #401 on: August 31, 2014, 03:46:06 pm »
That's how you spend money when your big asset is sold. Everyone (including some of our own) saying that we might do a Spurs..we actually did them today...again.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: August 31, 2014, 03:47:45 pm »
What annoys me more than anything about Liverpool supporters is their sheer arrogance saying things like "We should be smashing this lot, we have better players all over the pitch"

I don't understand what they are basing that argument on? One season of finishing ahead of us in 5 seasons with one of the best players in the world playing for them?

Last year they had Suarez and we had an entirely new team (all full of players that have never played in this league before) and went through 2 managers...oh and they had no European commitments either.

The sheer delusion that comes from most of their mouths is enough to make anybody cringe, I honestly would LOVE to smash them and put them back in their place, they do not, in my opinion, have better players than us, I think it could be argued they might have better depth in some areas but not to the extent they want everybody to believe.

I honestly expect a draw from this game, but I would love to get a win, anything better than the embarrassment I witnessed last year will be a major improvement if I am honest, but I very much doubt that will happen under Poch. (Being embarrassed I mean.)

On a final note, I really think if we win this it will give us the confidence we need to have a great season and I would expect that motivation to take us right to the final day for 4th spot barring any bad injuries or bad luck (Which we seem to have in abundance let's face it)

Anyway COYS

Edit* It's things like the following quote from RAWK which annoy me..."I don't get it. Aside from possibly Lloris, not a single spurs player would make it into our starting 11. How can we possibly fear a team like that?

They are to be respected and taken seriously but this I game where a loss would be an unacceptable result."

He doesn't even say Lloris for sure just "Possibly" as if that's even debateable to start with lol! And I can name 6 players right off the top of my head that would walk into their starting 11 straight away.

Hopefully he understands now.
Haha proper bitter levels of delusion right there the fucking tit.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #403 on: August 31, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »
Spurs fans booed Mario for reasons I don't know, they also booed Moreno after he scored.

Silly that, goals like that should be admired even if they go against you.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: August 31, 2014, 03:51:19 pm »

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: August 31, 2014, 03:57:13 pm »

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2014, 03:57:55 pm »

Well that's a very generalistic approach to say the least. QPR are fucking awful so that's no indicator at all how good Chadli is. I watched Spurs several times last season and he's a coward, reminds me of Downing so until he starts showing consistency I'm not going to agree with that.

Most people thought United would keep going under Moyes so their opinions are completely irrelevant. Anyone with a slight knowledge of football could see the quality in our team before last season.  We showed top 4 consistency from January 2013 until the end of the season. That was mostly down to Sturridge but since then Suarez and Sterling had an unbelievable season, Gerrard found his touch again, Henderson came out of his shell and we signed a decent goalkeeper. We finished second because our manager started learning how to get the best out of our players, which took a season of mediocrity, a concept that Daniel Levy considers unacceptable.

The problem with Spurs is that they expect an instant fix. If you don't expect too much from Pochettino this season he'll probably get it right.
It's nice to be right sometimes. The last part is the most important thing to keep in mind.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2014, 03:58:25 pm »
Goes back to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6caNpwDYJ98
So even now after what your right back did? interesting i didn't hear Liverpool fans booing him every touch or am i being biased.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2014, 04:00:36 pm »
So even now after what your right back did? interesting i didn't hear Liverpool fans booing him every touch or am i being biased.

What did our right back do? That tackle on Balotelli? Didn't see anything wrong with that

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: August 31, 2014, 04:00:44 pm »
to be fair i thought they were very solid....but we are too much for them

where is that LB they bought from Swansea btw?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: August 31, 2014, 04:03:07 pm »

Davies? Came on as a sub didn't he?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #411 on: August 31, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »
What did our right back do? That tackle on Balotelli? Didn't see anything wrong with that

Other than going straight through Balotelli and then the ball. You know when Le Saux says it's a foul then something is wrong.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #412 on: August 31, 2014, 04:05:39 pm »
Not really.

He played well, just a shame for Spurs that they had no one else to give him a hand.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2014, 04:06:47 pm »

Davies?  Didn't he play the last 20 minutes or so?

Anyway, on Spurs in general I think they look a decent side.  We were very good but they'll be fine under Pochettino.  You could already see the kind of side he wants them to be today, they're just not quite on the same page yet.  Fancy them to finish ahead of United in 5th, maybe give us and Arsenal a bit of a scare for top 4 when all is said and done.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2014, 04:08:23 pm »
didn't see much wrong with his coming together with Parker what's the big deal about it?
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2014, 04:08:54 pm »
Think Spurs will do a lot better this season though ,their pressing of the ball was impressive but they still need a top class CF I think ,unless Soldado has a new lease of life under Pocchetino.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:13 pm »
didn't see much wrong with his coming together with Parker what's the big deal about it?
Could have killed poor brave Scotty.

How did he ever win player if the year? HOW?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:33 pm »
Certainly played better than last season and have a few injuries. Their wingers have gone off the boil though. Two years ago they had the best, and now what? Also Danny Rose has just not blossomed at all. I fully expect yedlin to come in real quick for them. They'll tighten up over the course of a season though and i think pinocchio knows what he's doing. Will probbably still challenge for top 4 this year with their fantastic ability to beat shit sides.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2014, 04:10:16 pm »
How did Lamela not get booked?

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2014, 04:11:52 pm »
How did Lamela not get booked?
think he started with one for the hair cut and the ref didnt want to send him off
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #420 on: August 31, 2014, 04:12:30 pm »

Yeah was a good challenge.

All seems a bit 'spilled milk' to me.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: August 31, 2014, 04:26:47 pm »
Davies? Came on as a sub didn't he?

oh, i wasn't paying atention
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2014, 04:32:08 pm »
The Dier tackle on Balotelli was a red card even if he got the ball. Reckless.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #423 on: August 31, 2014, 04:35:30 pm »
Dier's tackle was fine, nothing wrong with that and Flanagan was doing it throughout last season.

Spurs looked a bit short of creativity, movement and pace in the final third today, Eriksen was barely in the game and when you're relying on Townsend to make the difference it's not great.  Looks like they need to grab a speedy goal threat who can play wide.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #424 on: August 31, 2014, 04:37:40 pm »

You must have been alarmed by football in the 80's and 90's then.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #425 on: August 31, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »
I was applauding Dier's tackle, lovely to see that. If a Liverpool player got sent off for that I'd be raging all week.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: August 31, 2014, 04:43:31 pm »
I thought spurs did pretty well to be honest, its clear what pochettino is trying to achieve but the execution didn't come off today as we just overwhelmed them. I think they'll be a tougher prospect the next time we meet if they keep on the same course. I thought pochettino made a mistake taking Eriksen off, he's their best creative player and without him the attacks became much more predictable and easier for us to read.

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #427 on: August 31, 2014, 04:45:35 pm »

He'll come good. That guy is classy. But, I'm glad we maked him look that shit.
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: August 31, 2014, 04:49:15 pm »
I was applauding Dier's tackle, lovely to see that. If a Liverpool player got sent off for that I'd be raging all week.

Nothing wrong with going in with force if you get the ball, but he clearly went through the man to do so. Astonished that he could get away with that and Can was pulled back all over the place at one point, but no yellows. Ref brought it back for Manquillo and Moreno though, didn't he?

Anyway, enough of that. I think they'll be in a mini-league with Man Utd and Everton (again) this season, scrapping for 5th between them, and I think Spurs are the ones likely to get it as long as they don't drop too many silly points against the smaller sides. I don't think they'll challenge for the top four though - maybe they'll threaten to but fall away. Depends how Arsenal do I guess.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #429 on: August 31, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »
I thought Lamela did well

He was just surrounded by shite with the exception of Eriksen
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: August 31, 2014, 04:53:56 pm »

Red is harsh. He went through the back of Balotelli and definitely deserved a free, maybe a yellow but not a red. Anyway Tottenham clearly short a quality goal scorer. Adebayor is not good enough.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: August 31, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »
Almost felt sorry for Lamela. Only fella for them that looked like doing anything.

Welcome to the Premier League, Dier.

Lamela was bloody awful.

And as for Spurs, crawl back into your hole now, there's a good little club

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: August 31, 2014, 05:00:40 pm »
I thought spurs did pretty well to be honest, its clear what pochettino is trying to achieve but the execution didn't come off today as we just overwhelmed them. I think they'll be a tougher prospect the next time we meet if they keep on the same course.
Much like we got a Man City away match too early too early this season before we really start gelling, I think we benefited from catching Spurs away this early. Pochettino is a very good manager and they'll get more solid as they get used to his methods.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #433 on: August 31, 2014, 05:00:49 pm »

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: August 31, 2014, 05:03:46 pm »
Much like we got a Man City away match too early too early this season before we really start gelling, I think we benefited from catching Spurs away this early. Pochettino is a very good manager and they'll get more solid as they get used to his methods.

Yup. Pochettino is a very good manager and i wont forget the bloody nose his southampton team dished out to us early last season. With any luck levy will sack him before he has a chance to really turn things around for them.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: August 31, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »
Nonsense.

Nope. He did fuck all and was acting like a little child

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #436 on: August 31, 2014, 05:04:58 pm »
I thought Adebayor played well and worked hard, unselfishly but the rest of their attacking players were just... wow! Really bad

There is a lot of wasted money on players with little technique and pace plus a poor attitude.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: August 31, 2014, 05:05:07 pm »

After their first 2 wins they were apparently back to being amazing, now we win very comfortably and we 'benefited from catching Spurs away this early' hmmmm

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: August 31, 2014, 05:07:57 pm »
Lamela was bloody awful, I agree.

he was also desperate to start a little agro with anyone who came anywhere near him, snidey shit as well, bizarre.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: August 31, 2014, 05:09:09 pm »
After their first 2 wins they were apparently back to being amazing, now we win very comfortably and we 'benefited from catching Spurs away this early' hmmmm
Back to being amazing ? Never realized they ever had been.