Author Topic: General ShitChat thread #2 - back for another round!  (Read 421351 times)

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General ShitChat thread #2 - back for another round!
« Reply #5600 on: June 17, 2014, 12:42:56 PM »
my fantasy football wants list of rumoured players are Candreva, Rodriguez and even Marcos Rojo.

1 or more of those and im happy, I expect Brendan would be to :D

and back in reality ..
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #5601 on: June 17, 2014, 01:12:42 PM »
or it could turn into a Blind Auction
Can't see that happening!
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and it’s something I’m willing to do.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Believer
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5602 on: June 17, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »
Finally the first tentative links to Rodriguez, he's where I'd be allocating the majority of any budget - Enrique with a brain! If we could get both him and Aurier we'd be stocked in the full back positions for 10 years, both key areas for improvement for me. Even if those 2 and say Lallana were our only recruits it would be a fantastic summer.
Wouldnt that mean giving Can back, though?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #5603 on: June 17, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »
Wouldnt that mean giving Can back, though?

Did we put a deposit on it?
The National Pensioners Convention (NPC) is the principal organisation representing pensioners in the United Kingdom. It is made up of around 1,000 bodies representing 1.5 million members, organised into federal regional units.
The NPC was founded by former Transport and General Workers' Union trade union leader, Jack Jones in 1979

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Believer
« Reply #5604 on: June 17, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »
You think Matic is better going forward than Henderson?  I can't see that at all!

I'd also argue Henderson is better than all the players above at pressing without the ball which is vital to our team.  I don't think there are many players around better than Henderson for what he gives our team.
Matic's dribbling and technique does seem better than Henderson's. I can't comment on his passing and all round play to be honest.

Of course Henderson is very vital to us and upgrading on him is quite far down any priority list right now, but the fact is, all our rivals have a (significantly?) better player in that position.

We can't sit here and pretend all of our players are going to have just as good a season next year - competition and rotation options do need to be brought in and I'm glad we've secured Can.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5605 on: June 17, 2014, 02:40:16 PM »
Is De Telegraaf a reputable source?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #5606 on: June 17, 2014, 02:42:46 PM »
I would rather go Blind...

Someone step up and make the reference please ----> No Hootie and Blowfish, though.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #5607 on: June 17, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
Is De Telegraaf a reputable source?

Depends on if you can read/ understand Morse Code in Dutch.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5608 on: June 17, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »
Depends on if you can read/ understand Morse Code in Dutch.

Morse code no, Dutch yes.

Anyway reporting Liverpool and Dortmund have contacted Ajax (Marc Overmars) about Blind.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #5609 on: June 17, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »
Looks like he most likely will be staying as seem they going stand firm and can't see us raising are bid.

Doesn't seem that way at all if he is telling them he wants to go to Liverpool.  There will be a resolution once he's back from the World Cup but if they've resorted to ignoring the phone calls of their captain then there might not be a reconciliation, it might even push Lallana to put
some real pressure on them to sell him once he's back from international duty.

I still think we'll get him for what it's worth, if he wants the move bad enough then I think it will happen irrespective of Southampton's hopes of keeping him. 

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Believer
« Reply #5610 on: June 17, 2014, 03:29:37 PM »
Matic's dribbling and technique does seem better than Henderson's. I can't comment on his passing and all round play to be honest.

Of course Henderson is very vital to us and upgrading on him is quite far down any priority list right now, but the fact is, all our rivals have a (significantly?) better player in that position.

We can't sit here and pretend all of our players are going to have just as good a season next year - competition and rotation options do need to be brought in and I'm glad we've secured Can.

I'm not sure they all do have significantly better player than Henderson. Fabregas, Toure, Ramsey are significantly better no doubt but they are the star players in their midfield. For us it's Gerrard.

I'd have Henderson over Wilshere, Fellaini and Ramirez, probably on par with Paulinho and not far behind Fernandinho.  Henderson as a box to box midfielder compares well IMO with these guys.

It's the attacking midfield position where it's Silva, Mata, Ozil, Fabergas. Coutinho has been a great find and looks like he will be amazing but we don't have the proven would class player in that position that our rivals do. But hen we have two fantastic strikers that make up for that somewhat.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #5611 on: June 17, 2014, 03:30:21 PM »
£30m for Rodriguez? Where do you lot get these valuations? He'll go for little more than half that.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Believer
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #5612 on: June 17, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
£30m for Rodriguez? Where do you lot get these valuations? He'll go for little more than half that.

Wolfsburg are minted, they know he's hot stuff, they'll only sell for 20+
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #5613 on: June 17, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »

He's worth it though. He's a young baines with more pace
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #5614 on: June 17, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »

Are they? They're owned by VW aren't they and don't seem to have a history of shelling out massive amounts as if they are minted.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Believer
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #5615 on: June 17, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »

not saying he's not, but I just think it's never going to happen.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Believer
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5616 on: June 17, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
What, he is a mediocre defender?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Believer
« Reply #5617 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:50 PM »
What, he is a mediocre defender?

If you don't think Baines has been one of the best full backs in the league the last few years, then you sir need glasses

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #5618 on: June 17, 2014, 04:29:38 PM »
I'd like Blind as an alternative to Moreno if the Dutch reports are true but don't know anything about Rojo so couldn't really comment on which of the two would be a better fit for us.  Rodriguez just seems a fantasy signing at the moment but I haven't seen him enough to know if he's as good as people on here say he is.  If the Moreno deal is off then presumably there are going to be a few names linked with us in the coming days until our preferred target becomes clear but I'd be happy if there is something in the reports from Holland.

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #5619 on: June 17, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
Fullbacks kind of have my brain in a pretzel. One half of me thinks it's an undervalued position because of a scarcity of fullbacks that give you scoring contributions, as well as decent enough defending. Very few LBs are available as an example and there seems to be a major cliff between pricing tiers. Rodriguez>----------Moreno, Blind>---------------Bertrand, Rojo. Attacking midfielders seem to be available in the dozens in the tier we are shopping in. But there are more of those positions available on the pitch and all title winning sides have a few really good ones at least.

The other half sees some of these terrible FBs that have started in Champions League finals and wonders how much they contribute to winning. Would love to map out some of the stuff that the GoalImpact guy does, but I don't 100% trust how quickly his formula adjusts to a young guy breaking out.(eg he has Sterling with a high peak, but not rated highly yet in the present)

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Believer
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5620 on: June 17, 2014, 04:30:26 PM »
If you don't think Baines has been one of the best full backs in the league the last few years, then you sir need glasses
Never rated him as a defender.
Right, off to Specsavers for me. Hope they have those red tinted ones I keep hearing about.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • #JFT96
« Reply #5621 on: June 17, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »
Wolfsburg have to have a fair bit of cash, they've spent big on De Bruyne and Gustavo in the last few windows.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5622 on: June 17, 2014, 05:12:52 PM »
Never rated him as a defender.
Right, off to Specsavers for me. Hope they have those red tinted ones I keep hearing about.

i also think Baines blows hot and cold, he is ok if gets some protection to help his defensive work and reasonably going forward although his crossing is suspect , his free kicks are good, but if he is one of the best in the prem then that only shows a lack of quality for that position in the prem,

Anyway see you at specsavers Lenin mate save us a pair of them glasses.
The National Pensioners Convention (NPC) is the principal organisation representing pensioners in the United Kingdom. It is made up of around 1,000 bodies representing 1.5 million members, organised into federal regional units.
The NPC was founded by former Transport and General Workers' Union trade union leader, Jack Jones in 1979

Offline paisley1977

• Kopite
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #5623 on: June 17, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »
Wolfsburg were hoping to get Rodriguez to sign a new contract does anybody know if that happened ?
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Crosby Wych

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Believer
« Reply #5624 on: June 17, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »

Probably the best young full back in the world, would have lots of clubs wanting him and Wolfsburg don't want to sell
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #5625 on: June 17, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »
i also think Baines blows hot and cold, he is ok if gets some protection to help his defensive work and reasonably going forward although his crossing is suspect , his free kicks are good, but if he is one of the best in the prem then that only shows a lack of quality for that position in the prem,

Agree with thoughts on Baines, I think the lack of decent English LB's pushed him to the forefront.
If only Enrique had the touch & brain of Aurelio ( and not as injury prone !!)   
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #5626 on: June 17, 2014, 05:51:34 PM »
Slow eh?

Offline Crosby Wych

• Believer
« Reply #5627 on: June 17, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »
Think the Baines abuse is a bit knee jerk, been arguably the best LB in the league for the last 3 years or so. At one point he was creating more key passes and assists than any other full back in Europe IIRC
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Believer
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5628 on: June 17, 2014, 06:00:04 PM »
Think the Baines abuse is a bit knee jerk, been arguably the best LB in the league for the last 3 years or so. At one point he was creating more key passes and assists than any other full back in Europe IIRC
Abuse? Lol.

Offline Crosby Wych

• Believer
« Reply #5629 on: June 17, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »
Abuse? Lol.

Ok, negativity, whatever.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Believer
« Reply #5630 on: June 17, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »
I'm not sure they all do have significantly better player than Henderson. Fabregas, Toure, Ramsey are significantly better no doubt but they are the star players in their midfield. For us it's Gerrard.

I'd have Henderson over Wilshere, Fellaini and Ramirez, probably on par with Paulinho and not far behind Fernandinho.  Henderson as a box to box midfielder compares well IMO with these guys.

It's the attacking midfield position where it's Silva, Mata, Ozil, Fabergas. Coutinho has been a great find and looks like he will be amazing but we don't have the proven would class player in that position that our rivals do. But hen we have two fantastic strikers that make up for that somewhat.

You compare players by their roles, not by whether they're the star players or not. It's not like he needs to be upgraded, he's doing great as it is and he's a player that at his peak could be one of the best in the business - right now he's just below the top tier of the league and he's nowhere near his prime years.

Yeah, Coutinho is the player that most needs competition or rotation, and we've got that player coming in, in the form of Lallana. It must be noted that Coutinho has rarely played in his ideal position here (AM). We've usually had him coming off the left and latterly on the left of the diamond. But perhaps that's because often you need to be building a team around your number 10, and either Cout isn't yet good enough, or not worth moving other players out of their ideal position.

Offline clinical

• Believer
« Reply #5631 on: June 17, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »

Baines's crossing is one of the best in the league for a fullback. Yep Specsavers is a good choice lads. Pretty sure I saw an advert too, buy one get one free so you both can share the cost.  ;). *waits for a daley blind joke*

Slow eh?

Daley Blind is
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:11:43 PM by clinical »

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Believer
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5632 on: June 17, 2014, 06:09:39 PM »
Baines's crossing is one of the best in the league for a fullback. Yep Specsavers is a good choice lads. Pretty sure I saw an advert too, buy one get one free so you both can share the cost.  ;)
Im getting a pair of free nashy ealth ones if possible.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5633 on: June 17, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »
Im getting a pair of free nashy ealth ones if possible.

i am getting some that are not blue tinged as well .

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5634 on: June 17, 2014, 06:33:58 PM »
No more Baines, thanks
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5635 on: June 17, 2014, 07:10:54 PM »
BBC Solent Sport (@solentsport)
6/17/14, 9:44 AM
#Saintsfc Exec Director Les Reed says a reconciliation with Adam Lallana is a possibility, despite player wanting to go...quotes follow....

BBC Solent Sport (@solentsport)
6/17/14, 9:44 AM
Reed: "We've brought him to this level, and we could feel that perhaps he should give it a little bit longer with us" #saintsfc

Looks like he most likely will be staying as seem they going stand firm and can't see us raising are bid.

Doesn't matter what Reed says!

If Lallana wants to move then he will.

Reeds comments are to try and show the world and new manager that they're not a selling club but really they're.

While Lallana is at the World Cup and now reached that level he will be around the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City players-players that are playing for clubs that fight for top 4 spot at least. Lallana will want a bit of that.

I'm confident we will get Lallana

Offline Bakez0151

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5636 on: June 17, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »
Can see him wanting that Lallana money to bring his own players in. I doubt he's seen that much of Lallana really.

Offline cloggypop

• Believer
« Reply #5637 on: June 17, 2014, 07:18:18 PM »
He can probably buy half of Feyenoord with 25m

Offline Rouge

• Believer
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #5638 on: June 17, 2014, 07:23:20 PM »
You compare players by their roles, not by whether they're the star players or not. It's not like he needs to be upgraded, he's doing great as it is and he's a player that at his peak could be one of the best in the business - right now he's just below the top tier of the league and he's nowhere near his prime years.

Yeah, Coutinho is the player that most needs competition or rotation, and we've got that player coming in, in the form of Lallana. It must be noted that Coutinho has rarely played in his ideal position here (AM). We've usually had him coming off the left and latterly on the left of the diamond. But perhaps that's because often you need to be building a team around your number 10, and either Cout isn't yet good enough, or not worth moving other players out of their ideal position.

I still cant see why we think Lallana is better then Coutinho, as good maybe, different yes...but not better.  to be honest I'm not too fussed if we dont get Lallana...there I said it! We scored 100 goals last season with our current players!
I rather we focused on a good LB and try to add a real game changer to the sqaud (like Sanchez)

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #5639 on: June 17, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
I still cant see why we think Lallana is better then Coutinho, as good maybe, different yes...but not better.  to be honest I'm not too fussed if we dont get Lallana...there I said it! We scored 100 goals last season with our current players!
I rather we focused on a good LB and try to add a real game changer to the sqaud (like Sanchez)

This is pretty much exactly my stance on this.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde