Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3912553 times)

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Masochism United
« Reply #44280 on: May 22, 2016, 01:18:14 pm »
It'll be interesting to see how Giggs reacts to being overlooked again for a job he was meant to be being groomed for. Maybe they'll try to appease him by naming a stand after him like they did with Bobby Charlton? The Ryan Giggs Family Enclosure?
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44281 on: May 22, 2016, 01:30:50 pm »
Fair point, but I think England is the most likely destination for him, it's not going to be City under Pep so United or at a stretch, Arsenal or Spurs are his main options here.

Would Chelsea be an option?

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #44282 on: May 22, 2016, 01:31:14 pm »
Imagine thinking Mourinho is the answer in 2016 with the squad they have
It's the wrong move for them done out of desperation
I'm amazed they've let him and Mendes get their hands on their club

They'll spend an obscene amount of money this summer
I'm surprised he has the balls to take it on to be honest, even with his fucking arrogance. Desperation is right, on both sides.

If he gets them to win he'll be ok for a while but one thing he definitely won't be doing is playing the kind of football they crave. And as for his behaviour, the guy just can't control himself so that's sure to boil over plenty, not that they have a problem with that, I mean look how often Ferguson crossed the line.

They've seen Pep go to City, Klopp to us and Conte to Chelsea and have hit the panic button. Fingers crossed it goes horribly wrong.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44283 on: May 22, 2016, 01:35:39 pm »
It'll be interesting to see how Giggs reacts to being overlooked again for a job he was meant to be being groomed for. Maybe they'll try to appease him by naming a stand after him like they did with Bobby Charlton? The Ryan Giggs Family Enclosure?

That's like naming a Saga complex after Harold Shipman.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44284 on: May 22, 2016, 01:48:14 pm »
Shambles. :lmao
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44285 on: May 22, 2016, 01:49:31 pm »
It was obvious Mourinho was going to join them the second they named a stand after Bobby Charlton. It will be interesting to see how long the honeymoon is going to last given he doesn't play the type of attacking football, nor develop homegrown youth players that supposedly is the Manchester United way.

Yeah, this move has been on the cards for a while now. Once Ferguson got sacked, they were always going to turn to Mourinho at some point despite Bobby Charlton's protestations (bizarre as they were given Ferguson was in charge at the club) because they're never going to be as dominant as they were under Ferguson and after three years they've become desperate and ditched their non existent 'United Way' and hired  the most successful manager they could. If this were most other clubs, I'd be interested to see how it goes as I'm not sure Mourinho is at the level has has been in the past, or rather, others have caught up with and overtaken him. He'll improve their results but like you say, they've ditched whatever ideals they had about their attacking football and wonderful production line and in three years, he'll leave them as they are now (although possibly in the Champions League) and heaven knows what what kind of internal mess.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44286 on: May 22, 2016, 01:55:41 pm »
In fairness to Ferguson mourinho is on a totally different level of cuntishness to him

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #44287 on: May 22, 2016, 01:57:35 pm »
I'd suggest a new thread title when Jose gets the job:

Shitcoat and Mendes United.

Because that is what Man Utd just sold their soul to. Will make Shitcoat their manager and Mendes their director of football.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44288 on: May 22, 2016, 01:59:30 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44289 on: May 22, 2016, 02:01:24 pm »
So they are acknowledging Van Gaal helped the youth but they were sick of the "boring football" yet celebrating like maniacs when they get Mourinho, someone whose trademark is boring football and has a proven bad record with young players?

Offline Ibracat

• Manc
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #44290 on: May 22, 2016, 02:05:43 pm »
I think we will need to sign a CB, CM, Right winger, attacking midfielder and striker. Some players we have been linked to are

ST - Ibrahimovic
RW - Leroy Sane and Joao Mario
Am - James Rodriguez
CM
CB

-------------------Ibrahimovic-----------------
Martial--------Rodriguez-------------Sane
--------------New-------Schneiderlin------
Shaw-----New-----Smalling-----Valencia
---------------------De Gea

A team like this under Mourinho should do well.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44291 on: May 22, 2016, 02:07:17 pm »
Good luck to Martial and Sane playing under Mourinho. He'll have them defending all game. Young players' careers go to die under Mourinho.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44292 on: May 22, 2016, 02:07:53 pm »
So they are acknowledging Van Gaal helped the youth but they were sick of the "boring football" yet celebrating like maniacs when they get Mourinho, someone whose trademark is boring football and has a proven bad record with young players?
this whole "van gaal helped the youth" has gone overboard imo

They had injuries and a thin squad in some areas (up front for instance). So he was forced to play youth in a lot of cases.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #44293 on: May 22, 2016, 02:29:10 pm »
they just want trophy after trophy and want it to go on forever. Fuck the football, the boring thing doesnt resonate anymore
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ibracat

• Manc
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #44294 on: May 22, 2016, 02:29:35 pm »
Good luck to Martial and Sane playing under Mourinho. He'll have them defending all game. Young players' careers go to die under Mourinho.
Robben did fine at Chelsea when Mourinho was there. Varane, Zouma, Di Maria, Ozil...all these players were young when they signed. Even Balotelli played many games for Mourinho at Inter and he gave Santon games too.

Martial is already our best outfield player he will be fine

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44295 on: May 22, 2016, 02:32:17 pm »
I think we all know this is a sign of desperation by the Mancs.

Moyes was to reguild the team for the future. Panic midway through his first season by supporters who  think Utd have a divine right to every trophy.

van Gaal comes in to push the rebuilding, plays some youth, but again panic stations by Utd supporters because Klopp went to Liverpool and Pep is going to City.

van Gaal wants possession and craves his side to keep the ball. May not be the prettiest style but it was effective in the main. But "boring" football because that was the  mantra as the press hounded that into United supporters all season long.  A system where Rashford and Martial could use their movement in the final third for them to score.

Jose Shitcoat doesn't want possession in his sides, he wants total defending and counter attacks. "Boring" football in a different style.

So once again, if true about Shitcoat, Man Utd players will be asked to change systems. Rashford and Martial will have to counter what they've learned and adapt to just chasing hoof balls as a lone striker. Just like Drogba and Costa. Neither Martial or Rashford have the brute strength of those two or the "dirtiness" that they both had.

It's going to be fun watching Mendes United implode. But he will move his traveling circus once again.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:33:51 pm by 4pool »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44296 on: May 22, 2016, 02:33:33 pm »
Bed wetters are back with a vengeance.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44297 on: May 22, 2016, 02:33:57 pm »
Who of the current squad will he like and who will he packing their bags.

Mata will obviously be off for the crime of not being a c*nt.

Schneiderlein will probably play more.

Can't see him standing for plodders like Blind and Rojo at the back so he will probably buy a couple there.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44298 on: May 22, 2016, 02:37:11 pm »
Robben did fine at Chelsea when Mourinho was there. Varane, Zouma, Di Maria, Ozil...all these players were young when they signed. Even Balotelli played many games for Mourinho at Inter and he gave Santon games too.

Bizarre that you'd use Zouma as somebody Mourinho developed. Playing the occasional young player does not make him a good developer of youth. There are many examples of him wasting young players and driving them to distraction. He barely used Coutinho at Inter, Hazard was alienated because he insisted on him working his bollocks off like Dirk Kuyt. His De Bruyne and Lukaku gaffes have cost Chelsea at least £50m and he has left their squad mentally knackered. That's without even mentioning Juan Mata, who was one of the best players in the Premier League before Mourinho returned.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:38:56 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #44299 on: May 22, 2016, 02:42:24 pm »

Where?

I cant say Ive seen any in here to be honest
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ibracat

• Manc
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #44300 on: May 22, 2016, 02:46:14 pm »
Bizarre that you'd use Zouma as somebody Mourinho developed. Playing the occasional young player does not make him a good developer of youth. There are many examples of him wasting young players and driving them to distraction. He barely used Coutinho at Inter, Hazard was alienated because he insisted on him working his bollocks off like Dirk Kuyt. His De Bruyne and Lukaku gaffes have cost Chelsea at least £50m and he has left their squad mentally knackered. That's without even mentioning Juan Mata, who was one of the best players in the Premier League before Mourinho returned.
Is it as bizarre as bringing up Coutinho who wasn't even at Inter during the same time as Mourinho.

Coutinho did say Mourinho was the one who signed him for Inter though

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44301 on: May 22, 2016, 02:47:34 pm »
Is it as bizarre as bringing up Coutinho who wasn't even at Inter during the same time as Mourinho.

Coutinho did say Mourinho was the one who signed him for Inter though

They were both at Inter together for 2 years. 2008-2010.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #44302 on: May 22, 2016, 02:48:20 pm »
Ain't going to wet my pants over them getting him.  This isn't the Mourinho at his peak.  He's been largely found out. He's also fighting in a league where there are at least five other clubs who will be in the mix unlike other times where he's had only one other serious contender to deal with.

The real United fans that I speak with ALL don't want him near their club.  These are serious reds who've followed them through thick and thin.

It's only the spoilt, modern day fan - the internet muppets - who are wanking over this. All they're seeing right now is "We've got a big name manager - a serial winner"  They haven't for one minute considered the implications of having this devisive nob at their club.

He may well win them a couple of things and get them back in the CL from time to time.  But he's up against some real contenders.  And we know how he gets when things don't go exactly his way.

It will be fun to watch.

It also means that they get the one massive thing back that they've lacked since ferguson left - the hate factor.  That dimmed somewhat with their past two managers and I'm not talking about "you hate what you fear" ... I'm referring to the fact that club AND manager are now both c*nts of the highest order.  They couldn't have chosen a more apt guy to lead them. Rotten.  Not that they'll give a fuck (the modern fan that is) in fact they'll probably revel in the bile produced.

And finally, I can't wait for the first time that he throws his weight around in the face of Klopp.  We're not talking about the meek Hodgson or Rodgers, or the dignified Rafa.  Jurgen will simply rip this guy's fucking head off.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Ibracat

• Manc
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #44303 on: May 22, 2016, 02:52:50 pm »
They were both at Inter together for 2 years. 2008-2010.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2917239/Philippe-Coutinho-Jose-Mourinho-signed-Inter-never-got-chance-work-him.html

From Wikipedia

Coutinho's move to Internazionale became effective on July 2010, after he turned 18, with new head coach Rafael Benítez and chairman Massimo Morattibeing quoted saying that "Coutinho is the future of Inter".[9]

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44304 on: May 22, 2016, 02:55:57 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2917239/Philippe-Coutinho-Jose-Mourinho-signed-Inter-never-got-chance-work-him.html

From Wikipedia

Coutinho's move to Internazionale became effective on July 2010, after he turned 18, with new head coach Rafael Benítez and chairman Massimo Morattibeing quoted saying that "Coutinho is the future of Inter".[9]

I stand corrected on Coutinho then, my point around Mourinho's shitness with youngsters stands though. His record at bringing through young players is absolutely atrocious and I highly doubt you could name a 25 man squad he's brought through in his 15 years of management. He might win a cup but don't expect Martial to flourish under him. Unless he wants to play as a second RB anyway.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44305 on: May 22, 2016, 02:57:21 pm »
They've sold their souls down the river in a last ditch attempt to cling on to the notion that they're the dominant force in England. It's sort of the modern day version of our downfall, there's no plan or philosophy to it, Mourinho will be ripping up the squad yet again and will probably leave them in a worse state than he will join them.

The correct thing to do would be to fire that clown Woodward, get a Dof in and an up and coming manager who has a clear plan. They wouldn't do that though because they have no patience for anything and think they're Real Madrid. They've gone for the big name because of what's happening with their two main rivals to compete in a dick waving contest. It will backfire hilariously in the long term, although he probably will win them a trophy of some sort.

The derbies are going to be shit as well, he'll suck the life out of them.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #44306 on: May 22, 2016, 02:59:05 pm »
He's a c*nt and I would boycott our matches if he took us over.

He gouged another Managers eye. That's everything you need to know about his 'characther'.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44307 on: May 22, 2016, 03:02:19 pm »
So Mourinho is pretty much confirmed. Perhaps the manager I hate the most going to the club i definitely hate the most.
This will either bring a lot of joy or a lot of disappointments for me!  ;)

Hope the c*nt crashes and burns at the shitty club!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44308 on: May 22, 2016, 03:04:41 pm »

;D

Our games against each other are worth 6 points. We've another 18 teams to pick up more points than them. It might take another season, but I can see us finishing ahead of them regularly for the next 10-15 years if we play our cards right.

They've a better starting point, but Mourinho, as always, will suck them dry. Whereas Klopp will build something special.

Also, both this and last season, we've given up on the league campaign at the end of March. Had we kept going, we could have been looking at finishing ahead of them 2 years in a row.

The only way is up for us. Them, they could go either way.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:06:55 pm by Dear Henry »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ravi Bahia

• Boys Pen
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #44309 on: May 22, 2016, 03:12:53 pm »
Genuine question- Has Maureen ever managed in the Europa League? Obviously he's won the European cup twice but as we've found out the Europa is a different kettle of fish when it comes to travelling etc... Being in the Europa means it'll be difficult for them to even mount or win the title as most of their fan-base are proclaiming will happen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44310 on: May 22, 2016, 03:14:27 pm »
Pretty sure Porto won the Uefa Cup.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44311 on: May 22, 2016, 03:15:24 pm »
Genuine question- Has Maureen ever managed in the Europa League? Obviously he's won the European cup twice but as we've found out the Europa is a different kettle of fish when it comes to travelling etc... Being in the Europa means it'll be difficult for them to even mount or win the title as most of their fan-base are proclaiming will happen.

“The Europa League is a different competition (to the Champions League), the Europa League is a different level of competition for a different level of player and a different level of club. It is not good for a big club to go there and win it.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/12039803/Jose-Mourinho-The-Europa-League-is-not-Chelseas-level-I-still-have-sights-set-on-winning-Champions-League.html

Wonder if he'll change his tune?

Offline Ibracat

• Manc
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #44312 on: May 22, 2016, 03:15:30 pm »
I stand corrected on Coutinho then, my point around Mourinho's shitness with youngsters stands though. His record at bringing through young players is absolutely atrocious and I highly doubt you could name a 25 man squad he's brought through in his 15 years of management. He might win a cup but don't expect Martial to flourish under him. Unless he wants to play as a second RB anyway.
Do you not think you are overreacting? Martial will be fine. He's our only high quality attacking player and he will be a big asset for Mourinho going forward.

Earlier you said Zouma was a bizzare player to bring up and I cant see why. He was a teenager when Mourinho bought him I think?

Robben
Balotelli
Santon
Ozil
Varane
Zouma

These are the players around Martial's age which come to mind as players who were given opportunities to play under Mourinho. I would say Robben, Ozil, Varane and Zouma all flourished under Mourinho.

Also the point about Hazard he won player of the year and was still shit months after  Mourinho left so I'm not sure you can just say it was all Mourinhos fault. The guy only had 2 good games near the end of the season.

Offline Ibracat

• Manc
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #44313 on: May 22, 2016, 03:16:09 pm »
Yeah he won the Uefa Cup for Porto in 2003.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #44314 on: May 22, 2016, 03:17:39 pm »
Only the stupid or wilfully ignorant would deny that Mourinho is a world class manager but I highly doubt this is the right appointment for them. He's never been a legacy builder and it's worth remembering that at the end of his first season at Chelsea he said he was planning on staying for twelve years. It was only 16 months or so before he lost the plot with his egomaniacal rants and scapegoating.

I genuinely would have stuck with Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal. Fourth in his first season and fifth with the Cup in his second is a decent haul given the situation he inherited from Moyes, especially given Ferguson's aura still looks so large over the club. It has always taken Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal time to fully implement his ideas and I think it would have worked had they stuck it out. Plus he's far closer to the traditional 'spirit' of the club with his ability to trust and nurture young players, something Mourinho will never ever do.

We get to go back to hating them properly again now, though. Can't wait for the smarmy, arrogant shit coat twat to try it with Jürgen.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44315 on: May 22, 2016, 03:19:18 pm »
So Mourinho is pretty much confirmed. Perhaps the manager I hate the most going to the club i definitely hate the most.
This will either bring a lot of joy or a lot of disappointments for me!  ;)

Hope the c*nt crashes and burns at the shitty club!
I'm glad, it's kind of comforting and simplifying to have all your hatred eggs in the same basket. Not hating Van Gaal led me to be very complacent about Man U, I just didn't care what they did and didn't bother to watch due to being so boring. Not that they'll be any more entertaining play-wise now, but they sure will be in every other aspect.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44316 on: May 22, 2016, 03:22:03 pm »
Do you not think you are overreacting? Martial will be fine. He's our only high quality attacking player and he will be a big asset for Mourinho going forward.

Earlier you said Zouma was a bizzare player to bring up and I cant see why. He was a teenager when Mourinho bought him I think?

Robben
Balotelli
Santon
Ozil
Varane
Zouma

These are the players around Martial's age which come to mind as players who were given opportunities to play under Mourinho. I would say Robben, Ozil, Varane and Zouma all flourished under Mourinho.

Also the point about Hazard he won player of the year and was still shit months after  Mourinho left so I'm not sure you can just say it was all Mourinhos fault. The guy only had 2 good games near the end of the season.

I think you bringing up 6 players in about a decade is putting your fingers in your ears and shouting 'la, la, la". Hazard was a top player before Mourinho joined and has become less of a top player since he got Mourinhoed. Mourinho is good/great (depending on your point of view) for 2 seasons but then starts to grate on players at a rate of knots. The seige mentality schtick starts to wear thin very quickly and he knackers players out mentally and they give up on him. Young players succeed in spite of Mourinho, not because of him. Your young defenders might improve just because of his style of play though.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44317 on: May 22, 2016, 03:23:33 pm »

Although the lack of "not giving youth a chance" argument in being overplayed, I don't think this is quite what people are referring to. It's the de Bruyne and Lukaku of this world-- the club's own young players rather than established superstars such as on your list who were already first team players anyway when he came.

As for me, I'm not fussed whether he goes there or not because he's not particularly better than van Gaal.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44318 on: May 22, 2016, 03:34:41 pm »

It's not an overreaction or wrong to say that Mourinho doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to developing players.

Signing young players is one thing, bringing them through the academy is another.  United is a club that prides itself on their history of doing that, of having players they've produced form the backbone of their successful squads and that is at odds with what Mourinho has done at his previous clubs. 

Bothwick-Jackson, Fosu-Mensah, Lingard and Rashford have all made positive impressions and shown their potential under van Gaal; what kind of future will they have under a manager like Mourinho?

I think it's a fair question irrespective of whatever your opinion of Mourinho might be.  It was something that reportedly concerned members of United's hierarchy enough for them to have serious reservations about appointing Mourinho and the way he handles those players and the ones following them through the much-vaunted academy will be scrutinised. 

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44319 on: May 22, 2016, 03:38:39 pm »
Not been a good week for you has it? ;D

It's like a support group in here, desperately reassuring each other that Mourinho will be a disaster.

United fans had similar levels of optimism regarding Moyes and Van Gaal (although I'm sure their shit-tinted glasses will insist differently). I don't remember how many pages the Moyes thread managed here, but this one's been 1000+ pages of bliss. Both threads started with predictions of failure, where we were also "shitting it", "running scared" or "reassuring ourselves" according to United fans.

The Fergies days are gone. United fans' expectations and ambitions no longer correlate with reality. You're just not that good anymore
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"