Author Topic: Champions League Final Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid May 24, Lisbon  (Read 265125 times)

Offline Chris Vincent

• This is how I interpret myself.
  • Anny Roader
  • The Liverpool Way - Fierce But Fair
    • Liverpool FC
CHELSEA 1-3 ATLETICO MADRID - CL Semi-Final

THE DAILY MAIL'S PLAYER RATINGS

Diego Costa scores the Winning Goal from a Penalty

Chelsea were left stunned as Atletico Madrid came from a goal down to complete a brilliant comeback and seal a place in the Champions League final against rivals Real.

Fernando Torres put the Blues ahead against his former club before Adrian Lopez equalised for Diego Simeone's men just before half-time.

Chelsea target Diego Costa gave Atletico the lead on the hour mark before Arda Turan wrapped up the victory for the Spaniards.

CHELSEA

Mark Schwarzer - Very nearly a disastrous opening after Koke's cross looped over him but regained his composure. - 6

Branislav Ivanovic - Had his hands full in dealing with Turan and Luis but was coolness personified. - 6.5

John Terry - An inspiration for the home side but will replay Atletico's equaliser in his dreams tonight. - 6.5

Gary Cahill - A Chelsea and England captain in the making. Will only learn from the experience. Booked - 6.5

Ashley Cole - His role in Adrian's leveller was a blemish on a tidy first-half display. Subbed. - 6

Ramires - Full of energy but his influence waned as the visitors put their foot down. - 6.5

David Luiz - Sometimes a maverick, but the Luiz showed excellent discipline last night. - 7

Willian - As important defensively as he was in attack. Didn't stop running all night.  - 6.5

Eden Hazard - Thrown right back in to the deep end after a calf injury and looked a little rusty. - 6

Cesar Azpilicueta - Played in an unconventional left-midfield position and kept to his task well enough. - 6.5

Fernando Torres - Showed great class in refusing to celebrate against his ex-club. Showed flashes of brilliance. - 6.5

Subs: Eto'o (on for Cole, 54) 5; Ba (for Torres 67) 5; Schurrle (on for Willian 77).

Subs not used: Hilario, Oscar, Kalas.

Manager: Jose Mourinho - Thought his defensive master plan in Madrid worked a treat, but his side couldn't complete the job. - 6.5

ATLETICO MADRID

Thibaut Courtois - Had no chance with Torres goal and looked comfortable on his Stamford Bridge debut. - 6.5

Juanfran - Strong defensively and joined in attack when he could. No nonsense display from the full-back. - 7

Miranda - Excellent display. Not the most pleasing on the eye but he stood up to everything Chelsea threw at him. - 7

Diego Godin - Colossal performance from the central defender. Gave Torres and Eto'o after him little change. - 7

Filipe Luis - Looks a classy left-back. Comfortable with the ball at his feet. Atletico could struggle to keep hold of him. - 7.5
Tiago - Efficient display in midfield. Showed bundles of energy, particularly in the opening stages as Chelsea pressed. - 7
Mario Suarez - A real tower of strength for the Spaniards. Contested every ball in the engine room. - 7

Koke - You can see why Manchester United were so keen on him last summer. Kept things moving in midfield. - 7.5

Arda Turan - Topped off an energetic performance with a well deserved goal. Ran himself into the ground. - 7

Diego Costa - The new Didier Drogba? It looked like that on Wednesday night. At times he was too much for Chelsea to handle. - 8

Adrian Lopez - His goal before half-time ruined Mourinho's game plan and Chelsea crumbled as a result. - 7

Subs: Raul Garcia (for Lopez 66), Cristian Rodriguez (for Turan 84), Sosa (on for Costa 76).

Subs not used: Diego, Villa, Alderweireld, Aranzubia.

Manager: Diego Simeone - One of European football's rising stars. With all due respect to Atletico, destined for greater things. - 8

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy) - Kept cool in an intense atmosphere. Didn't lose control at any stage on Wednesday night. - 6.5

-----------

I don't necessarily agree with all the ratings, but it's great to have another opinion.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2014, 04:32:26 pm by Chris Vincent »
Men & Women are Equal but Not Identical. They are the Same in Many Ways but also Different in Others. That Difference should be Celebrated & Embraced.

A Man has to be a Man, Strong & Dominant, while at the same time be Sensitive to the Specific Needs of a Woman & Admire her Inner Beauty.

Liverpool FC

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
Courtois 6.5? Harsh. 8 easily.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
is that right that Mourinho has lost 6 out of the 8 CL Semi-Finals for which he's been a manager?

He's right, he is special.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
Courtois 6.5? Harsh. 8 easily.

Yup. Ref rating also.

How does 'Keeping cool' and 'Not loose any Control' warrant only a 6.5?  Not that you normally rate refs mind you.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
and to rub salt into the wound there was a tube strike so they had to go home on the bus  :lmao
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
;D

Anybody else having a great day today?
first good day this week.

Actually it started last night in the pub    :D

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
and to rub salt into the wound there was a tube strike so they had to go home on the bus  :lmao

do you always laugh at your own jokes?

(only kidding mate - nice swan  ;))

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Tiago from Atletico Madrid is playing some impressive football. Portugal will miss him at the worldcup.
Why isn't he getting called? I think he is better than Miguel Veloso.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
Tiago from Atletico Madrid is playing some impressive football.

Is this the same Tiago who wasn't good enough for Maureen at Chelsea?
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
I love the fact that after giving away the penalty Eto'O did basically fuck all for the rest of the game.

Warms me up inside.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
CHELSEA 1-3 ATLETICO MADRID - CL Semi-Final

THE DAILY MAIL'S PLAYER RATINGS

Chelsea were left stunned as Atletico Madrid came from a goal down to complete a brilliant comeback and seal a place in the Champions League final against rivals Real.

Fernando Torres put the Blues ahead against his former club before Adrian Lopez equalised for Diego Simeone's men just before half-time.

Chelsea target Diego Costa gave Atletico the lead on the hour mark before Arda Turan wrapped up the victory for the Spaniards.

CHELSEA

Mark Schwarzer - Very nearly a disastrous opening after Koke's cross looped over him but regained his composure. - 6

Branislav Ivanovic - Had his hands full in dealing with Turan and Luis but was coolness personified. - 6.5

John Terry - An inspiration for the home side but will replay Atletico's equaliser in his dreams tonight. - 6.5

Gary Cahill - A Chelsea and England captain in the making. Will only learn from the experience. Booked - 6.5

Ashley Cole - His role in Adrian's leveller was a blemish on a tidy first-half display. Subbed. - 6

Ramires - Full of energy but his influence waned as the visitors put their foot down. - 6.5

David Luiz - Sometimes a maverick, but the Luiz showed excellent discipline last night. - 7

Willian - As important defensively as he was in attack. Didn't stop running all night.  - 6.5

Eden Hazard - Thrown right back in to the deep end after a calf injury and looked a little rusty. - 6

Cesar Azpilicueta - Played in an unconventional left-midfield position and kept to his task well enough. - 6.5

Fernando Torres - Showed great class in refusing to celebrate against his ex-club. Showed flashes of brilliance. - 6.5

Subs: Eto'o (on for Cole, 54) 5; Ba (for Torres 67) 5; Schurrle (on for Willian 77).

Subs not used: Hilario, Oscar, Kalas.

Manager: Jose Mourinho - Thought his defensive master plan in Madrid worked a treat, but his side couldn't complete the job. - 6.5

ATLETICO MADRID

Thibaut Courtois - Had no chance with Torres goal and looked comfortable on his Stamford Bridge debut. - 6.5

Juanfran - Strong defensively and joined in attack when he could. No nonsense display from the full-back. - 7

Miranda - Excellent display. Not the most pleasing on the eye but he stood up to everything Chelsea threw at him. - 7

Diego Godin - Colossal performance from the central defender. Gave Torres and Eto'o after him little change. - 7

Filipe Luis - Looks a classy left-back. Comfortable with the ball at his feet. Atletico could struggle to keep hold of him. - 7.5
Tiago - Efficient display in midfield. Showed bundles of energy, particularly in the opening stages as Chelsea pressed. - 7
Mario Suarez - A real tower of strength for the Spaniards. Contested every ball in the engine room. - 7

Koke - You can see why Manchester United were so keen on him last summer. Kept things moving in midfield. - 7.5

Arda Turan - Topped off an energetic performance with a well deserved goal. Ran himself into the ground. - 7

Diego Costa - The new Didier Drogba? It looked like that on Wednesday night. At times he was too much for Chelsea to handle. - 8

Adrian Lopez - His goal before half-time ruined Mourinho's game plan and Chelsea crumbled as a result. - 7

Subs: Raul Garcia (for Lopez 66), Cristian Rodriguez (for Turan 84), Sosa (on for Costa 76).

Subs not used: Diego, Villa, Alderweireld, Aranzubia.

Manager: Diego Simeone - One of European football's rising stars. With all due respect to Atletico, destined for greater things. - 8

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy) - Kept cool in an intense atmosphere. Didn't lose control at any stage on Wednesday night. - 6.5

-----------

I don't necessarily agree with all the ratings, but it's great to have another opinion.
The sole fact that Mourinho got a 6.5/10 and the comment that accompanies that rating makes this complete and utter shit. Talk about lack of tactical analysis in English press. The man fucking played with 6 defenders at home, banking on his shit on a stick football, how does he got a 6.5 for that?

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan

uh oh
way to keep the boss entertained, Jose

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
The sole fact that Mourinho got a 6.5/10 and the comment that accompanies that rating makes this complete and utter shit. Talk about lack of tactical analysis in English press. The man fucking played with 6 defenders at home, banking on his shit on a stick football, how does he got a 6.5 for that?

Courtois getting 6.5 is bad too, he made some great sames and made them look easy at times.

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler

Way better. I think they are just going with a younger player, Veloso is slow as fuck.

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan

He buys them champagne.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan

He is better than Miguel Veloso and he is the portuguese midfielder in better shape at the moment. Raul Meireles and Moutinho are not at having the best of the seasons, comparing to what they have done in previous years. There is also Ruben Amorim playing some good football for Benfica, but isnīt allways a starter.

Tiago resigned NT 3 years ago, saying it was time to give space to younger players.

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
No offence mate, but if the sight of John Terry in tears after failing to get to a final, having lifted the trophy in full kit after a game he never played in, doesn't make you piss yourself laughing you have no sense of irony and no sense of humour.
a thing of beauty   ;D

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
John Terry has bought both Madrid shirts so that he'll be ready for the presentation in Lisbon.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Robbed offof Sarge.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.