Author Topic: Time to Believe - We're Gonna Win The League  (Read 1026473 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: Time to Believe - We're Gonna Win The League
« Reply #6640 on: April 24, 2014, 02:04:55 pm »
Can we wind in this medal chat until we know we're getting them?! Embarrassing...

^^^

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #6641 on: April 24, 2014, 02:13:59 pm »
cant stop looking at the league table, it hasn't changed since I last checked it 15 minutes ago.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6642 on: April 24, 2014, 02:14:34 pm »
cant stop looking at the league table, it hasn't changed since I last checked it 15 minutes ago.

If you look at it for long enough a little 'c' appears to the left of our name.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #6643 on: April 24, 2014, 02:27:43 pm »
If you look at it for long enough a little 'c' appears to the left of our name.
Cliverpool  ???

;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6644 on: April 24, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »
Apparently if we win the league at Palace then we will be presented with the trophy there and then. At Anfield the week after there will be a massive presentation within the stadium for the players and the parade will be the following day, Monday 12th May.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6645 on: April 24, 2014, 04:07:23 pm »
Apparently if we win the league at Palace then we will be presented with the trophy there and then. At Anfield the week after there will be a massive presentation within the stadium for the players and the parade will be the following day, Monday 12th May.

Let's just win the next match first.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6646 on: April 24, 2014, 04:11:56 pm »
Let's just win the next match first.

I think we should throw the game so we can win the league at Anfield to be honest.

I had a terrible dream we lifted the trophy at Palace last week, kind of disappointed it might actually be true! I thought the winners always lifted it at home now (if possible)?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #6647 on: April 24, 2014, 04:13:25 pm »

Fucking hell. That's all just made it seem rather... real.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #6648 on: April 24, 2014, 04:14:41 pm »
10 unfortunatly

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/minimum-games-played-in-order-to-win-league-medal.html

I can imagine Enrique running out on crutches just to get those last 2

If it is 5 then you can add Enrique and Kelly to that list
It should be one appearance to get a medal.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #6649 on: April 24, 2014, 04:16:02 pm »
People will probably call me up for asking this after my earlier posts but what time do people reckon a parade would be? I remember the bus getting to SGH late after Istanbul but obviously the players had to travel for that one.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6650 on: April 24, 2014, 04:18:17 pm »
Fucking hell. That's all just made it seem rather... real.
And kinda jinxyish

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6651 on: April 24, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »
I think we should throw the game so we can win the league at Anfield to be honest.

I had a terrible dream we lifted the trophy at Palace last week, kind of disappointed it might actually be true! I thought the winners always lifted it at home now (if possible)?
Forget that.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #6652 on: April 24, 2014, 04:19:57 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6653 on: April 24, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »

Does that mean macheda didn't get one back in 08/09? A small crumb of comfort at least.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6654 on: April 24, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »
I don't care if we have to play on Mars to win the league, let's just fucking win it.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6655 on: April 24, 2014, 04:48:56 pm »
  I distinctly remember telling certain people and mates of mine that if we're still around the top come December, then we'll win the title. I only really had brief doubts when we started to slip a bit around January, but still maintained we'd be back at the top before it was over. What I love - and hate at the same time - is that certain people who I was adamant of our credentials about, who then told me to "fuck off" or just dismissed outright of the notion of us even challenging, never mind actually even winning it, are now denying that I'd been beating the league winning drum since the very beginning. I'm not talking about here on the forum. I'm talking about people that I know.

It's a strange thing, because even though it's obviously a bit of a shock to certain people to see us up there, to me, and other like-minded Reds, it really isn't. It's something that's been a long time coming. This isn't just a flash in the pan either. Winning the title will not only see us return to where we should be, but it'll also send out shock waves across the footballing globe. Everyone will sit up and take notice. They'll notice because it was our football that won us the title. It was football that won. Not the oil baron's billions. That to me is as equally gratifying as lifting the trophy itself.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #6656 on: April 24, 2014, 08:13:27 pm »
Really hope we seal it in the next 2 games. Me and a few mates are heading to see God, Steve McManaman and Jason McAteer for a season review on the 9th May. What a night that could be, everyone half cut watching highlights of the season knowing we're champions.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #6657 on: April 24, 2014, 10:31:53 pm »
Hahahaha just found the original (and best ;) ) !!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0wRDmmBlX0?[flash=500,400]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_0wRDmmBlX0?[flash=500,400]</a>[/flash]
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6658 on: April 24, 2014, 11:00:08 pm »
Probably not the best thread to post this, but Sky have an article online called "Proud Butt expects reaction"  Oh, the pun potential...

I'm not only happy that we'll win the first title since the year I got married, but also United are not in Europe altogether.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6659 on: April 24, 2014, 11:09:31 pm »
Probably not the best thread to post this, but Sky have an article online called "Proud Butt expects reaction"  Oh, the pun potential...

I'm not only happy that we'll win the first title since the year I got married, but also United are not in Europe altogether.

I think he's going to fall flat on his arse to be honest.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #6660 on: April 24, 2014, 11:20:48 pm »
Will the PL trophy ribbons be Red, white, gold. Or Red, white, black?
 ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6661 on: April 24, 2014, 11:23:30 pm »
 ;D

I assume they'll just be red and white

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6662 on: April 24, 2014, 11:30:34 pm »
 ;D
I hope just red.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #6663 on: April 24, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »
This is one of the times when living in London and being known as a fanatic with work colleagues, mates etc is good fun.

Everyone wants to talk to you about the game, all of the time, as if it wasn't difficult enough trying to focus on day-to-day stuff at the moment.

Had the odd few sheepish enquiries about tickets as well. Funny enough, when I had a couple of spares for the Oldham FA cup game earlier in the year I couldn't give them away.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #6664 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:47 am »
I assume they'll just be red and white
They should just be red.

edit:someone beat me to it
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #6665 on: April 25, 2014, 12:13:02 am »
This is one of the times when living in London and being known as a fanatic with work colleagues, mates etc is good fun.

Everyone wants to talk to you about the game, all of the time, as if it wasn't difficult enough trying to focus on day-to-day stuff at the moment.

Had the odd few sheepish enquiries about tickets as well. Funny enough, when I had a couple of spares for the Oldham FA cup game earlier in the year I couldn't give them away.

I'm loving it right now. A bunch of workmates I have coffee with every morning have been taking the piss out of me for a few years now because of how shite we were, it was pretty much non stop. They've got fuck all to say for themselves now though and just to make them squirm that little bit more I don't say anything either, just smile all the time. I can tell they're hating it, they're even jealous of my weekly Monday hangovers now :)

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #6666 on: April 25, 2014, 12:14:22 am »
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/we-are-liverpool-poetry-in/id854691149?i=854693884

This is actually way better. Its about 3 and a half minutes long and it's a really good version. I've had it on repeat for weeks. I suggest everyone buys it, first peice of music I've bought legally in ages as the money goes to the families.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6667 on: April 25, 2014, 12:32:39 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0wRDmmBlX0?[flash=500,400]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_0wRDmmBlX0?[flash=500,400]</a>[/flash]

can anyone find the original (of the team singing it in 1977-78 )?

with the video or TOTP performance (if there is one )

Offline RobbyR

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • A retro red from another generation
« Reply #6668 on: April 25, 2014, 12:42:55 am »
Ok you've got to be a believer. I got 28-1 ten quid a the start of the season. Diehard reds always have the faith. And my faith is now almost rewarded....come in redmen
A red since 67

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6669 on: April 25, 2014, 12:46:05 am »

I must be going mad or at least my memories are all wrong. I would have sworn that the team of 78/79 realeased  Poetry in Motion as a single .. I can even 'remember' them on TOTP..

But digging round on the internet i found the LFC discography and it aint on  there

http://www.discogs.com/artist/115648-Liverpool-FC

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6670 on: April 25, 2014, 12:49:36 am »
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/we-are-liverpool-poetry-in/id854691149?i=854693884

This is actually way better. Its about 3 and a half minutes long and it's a really good version. I've had it on repeat for weeks. I suggest everyone buys it, first peice of music I've bought legally in ages as the money goes to the families.

Oh yeah , miles better ..already have that one . Just thought this one was funny  :D

I would have thought this WAS the original no ? Sounds like it's definitely from the Seventies anyway ...anyone know for sure ?
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6671 on: April 25, 2014, 12:53:21 am »
Anyway , any excuse to post this classic again ;) (sorry I've had a few beers  ;D )

Right , i think this deserves another posting  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ILBxzsdy48?" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6ILBxzsdy48?</a>

Offline Elisha S

• talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6672 on: April 25, 2014, 01:58:05 am »
How i would love us to win the next three matches to win the title. No team in the history of English top flight football has won fourteen matches in a row in the one season. No bastard on earth could argue we didn`t deserve to win it with a  record of............. WWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #6673 on: April 25, 2014, 03:53:52 am »
I think the best thing about this current Liverpool team is the amount of Really Great players we already have...

In the recent past, its been leveled at us, that we have one or two "Good players", but thats about it...

I never thought that, but that was the common consensus. Now look at what we have!

Gerrard

Suarez

Sturridge

These three walk into nearly any side you can think of...and just in England!

Now add these to the equation, if you will?  ;)

Mignolet

Sterling

Coutinho

Henderson

Skrtel

Flanagan

Not bad, hey?  :o

We never even mentioned...

Agger

Sakho

Johnson

Lucas

Allen

Borini

And now your gonna believe us!  ;D

:wave

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6674 on: April 25, 2014, 04:25:04 am »

I'm pretty sure that a team can give as many as they like. They just have to ask the league for more. Many times people have been given medals that played under the 10 (or now 5) games. Think the team just has to buy the extras.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6675 on: April 25, 2014, 10:40:35 am »
Funny that Man City and the pundits are saying we are lucky to play Chelsea with all their injuries, when they played against an Arsenal team at Emirates (where we lost) with 5-6 of their first XI injured and still only managed a draw. Weren't talking about their luck then were they?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6676 on: April 25, 2014, 05:14:29 pm »
We are well on target to score more than twice the number of goals Newcastle (9th place) have scored.
There's going to be a fair few teams who find they scored less goals in this season and last than we manage this season!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6677 on: April 25, 2014, 06:50:53 pm »
City should have beaten Cardiff, and Sunderland twice and Villa and Norwich. If they had they wouldn't be grumbling now

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6679 on: April 25, 2014, 08:16:15 pm »
We might not have thought we had a chance of winning the league but this is funny as fuck

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/16/premier-league-predictions-guardian-writers

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/predictions-mirror-writers-2013-14s-winners-1968100

:lmao

On my lad's Match Attax cards folder, spot which team is missing, always get a laugh out of this: